Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 01:34 PM   #361  

Hello Ladies

Thin - So when are you all planning on heading out? I hope you both get to feeling better. Be careful if hubby is taking any medications that make him drowsy...My sister has the big forman grill and it is great when making several items. I have the small ones and it's takes awhile even for just me.

Mooz - WTG for keeping away from those biscuits. NO need to start them back up.

I'm trying to get back on SBD, but it is hard, so for now i'm really just watching what I eat. During the holidays I started eating ice cream, & I have committed to myself that I will buy no more...

Cat, LittleChick, Mitchellez, Hal, Chacha, Nita - Hope you all are having a great day.
Old 01-08-2004, 08:33 PM   #362  

Hi One day and Mooz...i think we are about the only ones to find this place back up and running.
Yes, we are heading out tomorrow. I am now armed w/the same antibiotics as DH and we plan to do the best we can! Put in some miles just to get outta this neck-o-the-woods. It is going to be very cold again tonite(below zero) and then warm up and snow for the weekend and then repeat that bitter cold stuff that we just got rid of. Our water is the best it can be. There still might be a hole in the galvanized pipe(old!) that goes under ground to the house. But that can't be changed till next spring! But we do have a nice new pump and better water pressure. Hope it will do till spring.

Say a prayer for us on our journey and i will be in touch ASAP! I know i will have computer withdrawal by the time we get to Mesa area.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} to you all... thinlizzie
Old 01-08-2004, 10:42 PM   #363  
Give peace a chance.

Default good evening

Sorry everyone--was discouraged by site being down, and didn't have time at work today (lots of calls,no TTD time).

Thinking of you all tho.

Best to all--
Catlover
Old 01-09-2004, 08:10 AM   #364  
Mooz

Let's see you all doing this!

This is soooo stupid but true... and it's going to drive you crazy!

While sitting at your desk, lift your right foot off the floor and make
clockwise circles.

Now, while doing this, draw the number "6" in the air with your right hand.

Your foot will change direction and there's nothing you can do about it!

why oh why????
Old 01-09-2004, 08:29 AM   #365  
Mooz

Good Day Chickies - thank goodness to see the site nearly back to normal. I could not get on for nearly 12 hours yesterday ........ a message kept coming up saying the site could not be found. It was worse than the day before as the journals were working OK then. I thought it had been lost for good!! I think we really should make a point of having the e-mail addresses of friends we have made through this site just in case something like that does happen again. Hopefully it will not though and I'm sure Suzanne & Co will make sure it doesn't.
I had intended to get a bit of de-junking done today but it is 1.30 and I have not started yet!! I had to take Orla to the doctor this morning as her eye is playing up again and we were concerned that she was getting another coldsore on it. The doctor gave her a low dose of anti-viral tablets and eye drops just to be on the safe side.
I did get for a 2 mile walk this morning and I was also linedancing last night so I am getting some exercise in. It was quite cold but not as cold as some chicks seem to be having.
My eating is good as I now eat very little 'empty calories' and I seem to have got over my urge to eat chocolate............ Alleluiah!!! It is amazing just what you can do when you get a health scare! I check my blood pressure about once a week now and I only do it shortly after I have been for a walk as I know it will be down then.
Well I had better go as the rubbish is shouting at me "Get me out of here"
Have a nice Friday all.

This is the day

This is the day you've been saving yourself for. This is the day to stop playing it safe. This is the day to be who you have always known you could be. This is the day to go beyond mere planning, to go beyond just thinking about it.
This is the day to live with all the fullness, all the richness you know is possible. This is the day to stop teasing life, and to give yourself fully to the best possibilities.

Being who you truly are, giving all you have to give and fully living each moment, is filled with risk and uncertainty. Yet if you hide away from life, fearing you could lose some part of it, then you never will have it in the first place.

The day has arrived for you to get out there and celebrate the incredible good fortune you have to be here now. Yes, you'll win some and you'll lose some. Through it all, however it turns out, you will be doing what you were born to do. And that is to live the unique experience of being you.

-- Ralph Marston

Old 01-09-2004, 01:58 PM   #366  

Hello Ladies,

Thin - Will be thinking about you as you make your long trip. Hoping you all have some good weather. Be careful, drive safe, and take as many road breaks as you all need...

Mooz - we'll I tried your little exercise and your right... my foot changes directions. Hope Orla eye get better. WTG for not wanting to eat chocolate, sometimes it takes a health scare to get us back on track. Sounds like you are getting back on track with your exercise too. I think your right about getting the email address, when the site went down, I was going to email but didn't have any address.

Cat - I'm glad you were at least able to check in for a minute. Hope your having a better day today..

Mitchellez - Your in my thoughs and prayers..

LittleChick, Nita, Chacha, Hal - Hope your having a great day!
Old 01-09-2004, 10:12 PM   #367  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hi chickies... it has taken me 2 days to get back in here then I had trouble with my pass word then I have not had the time to get in here very much. I have been OP even through the crash. Well guys sorry this is so short but it is 11:15 and I must get to bed I have to teach in the morning. I will check in again tomorrow.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:50 PM   #368  

Hello All

LittleChick - have you started back on SBD? I am going to start ph1 on monday... join me...
Old 01-10-2004, 09:20 AM   #369  

S/C/G: 148.8

Hi Everyone,

Boy that sure was a trip--trying to get back into the system. However, I believe I made it. I sure missed reading all your posts and your support. I agree we probably at some point should exchange personal e-mail addresses in case we run into this again.

I really did very well for one week and stayed on program, however, I guess I get bored and think I need to resort to some of my old eating habits. I do have the new WW Fast Track program and I have decided to give it a try. I like the way they have printed it out--it gives you a Higher Carb Eating Plan and a Higher Protein Eating Plan. I still have not decided which plan to go with. Both these programs are based on 20 pts. per day. Also included is an exercise DVD. It is 37 minutes long and I briefly checked it out and basically it is done in a class setting. I keep doing the treadmill and I am also going to get one of those balls which seem to give more versatility to exercising. Just doing the same thing over and over gets quite boring.

Again it's great to be in touch with all of you again. May you all enjoy a "super" weekend and be successful in whatever you want to accomplish.

Take care,
Anita
Old 01-10-2004, 10:41 AM   #370  
Mooz

I am jumping for joy .............. I am down another 0.5 pounds today. I know it is not much but this the best I have done for years. I had 3 walks yesterday so that was 6 miles in all. I have already been for another 2 miles this morning.
I really shouldn't be here .......... I should be doing housework so I will get to it and maybe call in later. Have a great Saturday all!
Old 01-10-2004, 01:36 PM   #371  

Default RE: Good to be back again...!!

Wow... did anyone else notice the OLD version of the posting site is back. They really did lose everything, huh!

I'm doing well. I am more on that off Adkins, but still tempted to cheat. It is so difficult to return OP once you venture into temptation land.

LittleChick: What do you teach? I am high school Family and Consumer Science.

Mooz: Way to go on the weight loss. When you say biscuits, are they cookie or biscuit like? Where do you purchase them? Is there a place on line... NOT that I want to purchase, I am just naturally curious.

Thin: Safe travels.

Nita: WW is a GREAT program. Thanks for keeping us updated on changes they are making.

I am off to drive into Lexington to run a few errands. We had 4 inches of snow yesterday, and everything is absolutely beautiful.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!

Old 01-10-2004, 10:11 PM   #372  
Ready to Change

Hi chickies... it has been a day from H*ll I am to tired to go into it right now but I am hoping that when I get up tomorrow it will be better. Mooz good for you down again. Nita it is hard getting back into the swing of things. Christmas plays havoc with us and makes it so hard to get back on track. One I have started back on SBD but I didn't go back to a strict phase 1 I am doing phase 1.5 because I didn't give up my fruit, but I have not had any other carbs I have totally given up bread, rice, pasta etc. DH started with me on Monday. He of course has lost between 6-8 pounds he figures as he did weigh himself on monday. I have lost 2 but it was a TOM week as welll so we will see how things go when I weigh in on monday. Hal- I teach dance classes on sat mornings to 3,4,and 5 year olds. I just started this year. I always wanted to dance as a little girl but we could never afford the classes. So I put my DD in when she was 4 and she is now 13 and loves it. So they asked me if I would like to teach so I learned all I could over the summer and here I am a dance teacher. I also coach gymnastic on Friday nights. That I did do as a young girl til I wrecked my knee then I coached for years as a teen right up til I was 20. My youngest dd is in gymnastics and she loves it. My real day to day job is babysitting. I have ran a home based babysitting service for 10 years. So kids are in my blood. I wish I had have finised my university and gone into teaching . Well enough babbling I am so tired I hope what I wrote makes sense. A big hello and goodnight to anyone else I may have missed.
Old 01-11-2004, 09:38 AM   #373  

Talking RE: Thank you... very much!

Good Sunday Morning Everyone!

First off... I just saw Dr. Phil's Monday show is on the weight loss group he is sponsoring. The lead in ad states they have now lost 600 pounds collectively. Wow, huh?

While it is cold, cold, cold here, it is so beautiful. The snow on the trees, and gosh... driving by the horse farms as the sun was setting... the beautiful sparkling snow, the red/blue sky, the horses enjoying the last of a beautiful - yet cold - day was awesome!

I believe using complex carbohydrates is a very healthy eating plan. Brown rice, whole grain bread, etc., etc. There was an interesting article in our local paper about the reduction in bread sales this last year. One local (really goooooo) bread store stated they have now diversified to attract a larger number of customers to increased the dropping sales. While the number of loaves of bread (across the USA) has dropped this last year, the amount of $$$$$ spent is higher because of increasing prices!!!! The bread company said the breads that fly off the shelves are not the healthier ones. They are still working on a low carb bread to offer.

So, I purchased mangoes (on sale 2 for the price of 1 and good looking), no fat sugar free yogurt, and soy milk to enjoy this week. I also purchased a box of the high fiber cereal to add to yogurt/cereal. You can only do so much tuna, steak, sausage, bacon and eggs.

Now... to face the exercise demon! I hope this finds everyone staying warm and remaining OP!!!
Old 01-11-2004, 11:39 AM   #374  
Ready to Change

I too have the same demon. I am going to try to get on the treadmill tomorrow morning. We will see how that goes.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:00 PM   #375  
Mooz

Good day chickies - just a quick call. Good to see the journals back up again.
I had quite a good weekend even though I did indulge in some ice-cream and chocolate fudge cake. I really should stop buying them!!
Halgal you aked about biscuits and I tried to find a site with pictures .........
http://www.britishdelights.com/mcvities.htm This has some of them but there are lots more especially chocolate covered ones like Kit Kat - do you get those anywhere?
Gotta go wash the dishes

Have a good Monday all

Success feeds success

Successfully solving one problem puts you in great position to tackle the next problem that comes your way. Meeting a difficult challenge gives you the courage to take on even greater challenges.
Success in one area of your life can be built upon to positively affect all areas of your life. That's why even the little, seemingly insignificant successes truly matter.

Achievement brings to you a type of satisfaction and energy that nothing else can provide. And it is an energy that can be leveraged into further achievement, and then into even more, in a splendid upward spiral.

When the big achievements seem to elude you, it's probably because you're ignoring the countless opportunities for small achievements. Not only do those small achievements add up, they multiply exponentially.

The rich become richer not because of what they have, but because of the direction in which their momentum is flowing. Even the smallest achievement will get your momentum flowing in that same productive direction.

Make something good happen. And there's no end to where it can take you.

-- Ralph Marston
Closed Thread