Old 03-02-2014, 10:30 AM   #316  
Yo Yo Me

Height: 5'10"

Just made the Proti Diet pancakes w/Walden Farms syrup and wowsah! After 3 months of consuming mostly veggies , protein, and leafy leaf leaves...this was a near orgasmic experience!!!

I've come to enjoy that empty feeling, Cupcake, because I don't get that when I'm consuming everything in sight. So, a quick boiled egg, a Quest bar, or an EAS drink, that I have stashed everywhere, does the trick. A few minutes later, I'm ok again. I catch myself thinking, "Wow, so that's what hunger is."

Wonder how Tammy is doing.

Dawn...how did launch go? By the way...my biker name is Sunset.....you can be Sunrise!
sunster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:23 PM   #317  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi girls!!

Well now that I think I am acclimated to the new job it is time to start going back to the gym- I haven't been eating good but got on scale today and it showed I lost 3 pounds since the last time I was on and I am really not sure when it was - but I do know that I need to start watching portion control- this is my down fall, I think I can eat what I want if I would just cut back on how much I eat!!!!

Hi Tammy hope you get to check in soon- Glad to hear all went well for you, was thinking of you today then logged into Facebook and seen you posted!

Yes Dawn how did your "It Works" launch go?

Holly can't believe you only have 7 weeks left at the store, then on to your summer job, let the countdown begin....

Well I am so sick of winter, I think we got another like 6-8 inches of snow over the weekend and below zero temps for our high, I know we need the moisture but I just can't take it anymore, my bike is not ready for riding yet either, I have 16" apes on my bike and I can ride just fine with them but I am going to 14" apes, I just think I will feel more comfortable with them,
also adding lowers to my bike this winter, which I got but still in box, got my fairing back in Oct and got it on but haven't been able to ride with it yet, only like 10 miles I think. Got some new extended bags, actually took my hubby's since he got a new bike. So not I have a set of extended bags that I have blinged out that I am trying to decide to sell with bling or take bling off before selling.....

Well I suppose I should get off here, shoot darts tomorrow night so probably won't get to check in

Have a Great Week
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:33 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Hey y'all!!!

Sunster, u are right a battle is a battle. And shedding processed foods is a major accomplishment! I am sooooo glad u found us here. Also the scale controls me too.

Reda, glad you are getting used to your job and a "normal" life. Let me know if u sell the saddle bags. But then we would be close at Bikers, Blues, and BBQ

Holly, wow... Only 7weeks of that job!! Yay. I know u can rock the SB diet... Hang in there. Btw, you always rock the biker chick look.

Thanks for all the well wishes and thoughts. I am still in Mexico. I get my drain out tonight (the dr comes here). I will be sooo glad. I hate that thing... It's nasty. That and the horrendous gas after surgery are my only complaints. The hospital was "basic" but very clean. Service was by far better than US healthcare service. We leave tomorrow. It is sunny and 65 here and we just got a huge snow/sleet storm at home so I don't know if we will get home tomorrow.
Ok.... So details of after surgery.... I am on a clear liquid diet for 2 weeks, then full liquid. I won't have "real" food until April. But I have NO appetite.... None, zip, nada, zero!!!! When I do "eat" I can hold a total of about 2-3 ounces. When I drink I take about an eye dropper in at a time. That's the hard part for me. So I have to pretty much carry a drink w me all the time. But when I do get food, I am going to stick to low carb.... Just is I can lose weight as healthy as I can. Btw, when I take a bigger drink than I am supposed to it feels like I swallowed a cow and it hurts. Usually I "burp" it up. A girl suggested I get a sippie (?spelling) cup.... I can see me w a sippie cup on my RoadQueen. Lol

My DH is thinking of doing it now, they would have done him at same time as me but he didn't do the pre diet. They have a complete well organized system there. I met a few ppl. I didn't get any email addresses or anything.... I have my support group here . There are A LOT of Canadians going there.

Well, I am gonna go sit and look outside. I will let you know when I get home.
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:13 PM   #319  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Hi all. Been a loooong time since posting! I think I was just too bummed and my eating was out of control. I had done so well, and then failed so miserably! I'm back at the diet. Back to 10 # a month goal. So far so good.

Congratulations are in order for everyone, but for different things! Moving, new jobs, surgery, mini-goals... I've missed out on a lot! I keep up with a some of you on FB, but not like on the forum here.

We did go to Cancun, and had a great time. The next vacation is booked for June to go to Lead, South Dakota for a week and then Vail, Colorado on DH's cycle. Not taking mine--gonna save the gas.

I did make some "improvements" to my bike. LED lights and lots more chrome and bling.

Vacation planning and cycle pimping came BEFORE we had our taxes done, where we found out we get to PAY $4400!!! Wow! What a shock! We were NOT prepared for that! Creative financing before April 15th is in order!

Tammy, hope your surgery works as planned!! I am so excited for you!

Summer is just around the corner. I hope! Looking so forward to it!!
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:03 PM   #320  

Hi girls

Well got home way to late last night after darts- but I did win 3 of my 4 games- whoo hooo

Tammy if you are seriously interested let me know, you can send me a PM - I will try to get some close up pictures this weekend - I think even if we hook up at BBB in Sept it will be just fine because I think I will be going a different direction or theme with these new ones- not sure what yet but something. I do also have my windshield but DH has cut it down some and might night be a good fit for you since you are quite a bit taller than me, but actually it was just the chrome frame work in the front that I added bling to so that would be easily taken apart and shipped.

Colleen sounds like some good vacation plans coming up, ours well they are going to be slim pickens but a few long weekend rides, starting the new job kinda put a damper on that and of course the pay cut that I took but it has been so worth it!!!

Yes I am looking forward to some sunshine and warmer weather-

Well I suppose I should get off here and get some work done- tomorrow is hump day then down hill slide to the weekend
Old 03-05-2014, 05:23 PM   #321  

Hey Ladies I am home!!!!! It was a long trip yesterday and today. We got delayed in Dallas for 3 hours, we got in Little Rock at midnight and after traveling all day we "thought" we were going to stay, but Wayne met a guy in the store that made our decision. A truck driver took 13 hours to get to the area where we were driving. So, we did stay and drove home this AM.
Overall, it was a good trip. My doctors and the hospital were good. I am not crazy about the area (I did NOOOO shopping), but it was good.

Now I just stick to the diet and build my endurance back up. It was amazing to see the system they have there in regards to the surgeries. It is a constant revolving door. BUT, they have the best care. It was very good.

Enough about me.

Colleen to see you back and back on track. I know what you were going through not wanting to post when the diet is bad...

Reda, I can't wait for BBB!

Holly, I need to pick your culinary brain. I need clear liquid diet ideas (besides broth, jello, juice)... or ways to spruce it up. Then liquid diet stuff....

I am ready for Spring!!!

Well, I am going to get busy holding down the recliner. Lol.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:26 PM   #322  

Oh, I forgot.....

Sunster2, do you have a recipe for the pancakes?

Ladies, if you have any high protein recipes like the pancakes, I am all ears.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:49 AM   #323  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Tammy welcome home!! I am so glad things went smoothly and you're back. Wow a dropper full of liquid at a time :shock: I am sorry i am no help about clear liquids seems the only liquid I know about is melted butter lately.

Colleeen so good to see you here but GAH at that amount of taxes , what a shock!!

Reda seems a shame to sell your bags after you spent the time blinging them but you know what's best. Yeah we are SICK of this cold! and snow. HOw is the new job?

Yes my countdown is so much more in sight now, of getting out of the winter job. Oh at least, we abolished the tip jar, it was just too much temptation for the Rat B@st@rd boss to keep out of. And he gave me his cold by spraying his disgusting germs all over the place for days.

I had about FOUR days on program and then spiraled badly. Every day I start again to try.

well today's my Monday, ugh. Just got to get it over with
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:37 PM   #324  

Hi girls -

Tammy how are things going for you? Only liquid till April, that could get tough but you know what the end result is and that will keep you motivated I am sure So is DH still thinking about going to have the surgery or has that went to the wayside?

Holly I am on that same freakin boat, just can't seem to stay on track! Something has to give I am going to need to look as HOT as Tammy at BBBQ in September. Sorry you got the boss's cold finally got rid of mine!

Selling my extended bags because I have a new set of extended bags that I will start blinging out this weekend, just not sure what I am going to do yet but defiantly something......

Well back to work for me- but it is Friday!
Old 03-07-2014, 02:16 PM   #325  

S/C/G: 185/183.6/145

Hello ladies, I'm a newbie, but do enjoy riding every chance I get. I hope to get some support and good stories out of this thread. Wishing each of you the best!!
SMeeker71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:04 PM   #326  

Welcome SMeeker71!!!!!!

We are all on a roller coaster doing the best we can! My name is Tammy. I ride a 2010 Road King (Queen). I have been on a roller coaster for 24.5 years, gaining then losing 100, gaining and then losing..... I think over time I have lost 1000 pounds, at least. I decided to take advantage of gastric sleeve, so I had it done in Mexico (My ins wont pay for it here in the states) one week ago today.

Just join right in.....

Tammy
Old 03-07-2014, 09:35 PM   #327  

S/C/G: 185/183.6/145

Thank you Tammy! Between my husband and I, we have an 83 Shovel head, 99 Road King and 2012 Wide Glide.

I had an issue with my weight about 15 years ago, and honestly, I don't know what happened but it just started coming off. This time, it just seemed to come out of no where. Hopefully I will start seeing some kind of results, as of now, I seem to still be gaining weight, it's very frustrating
SMeeker71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:17 PM   #328  

Welcome SMeeker71-

I am Reda from South Dakota, I also have a 2010 roadking, that I have been doing lots of upgrades to, like fairing, lowers, put extended bags, streetglide front fender and rear fender, but the biggest project has been tastefully adding Swarovski crystals to it!!!!

I started gaining my weight about 10 years ago and I think I can blame it on beer, don't get me wrong I don't go out drinking every night but maybe a couple times a week we will go out and have a few beers. But my exercising is lacking as well, and well my eating, lets just say I like food!!! I use to be able to lose weight alittle quicker but now a days just doesn't work that way.

Well I better get off here - will check back in this weekend
Old 03-08-2014, 04:15 PM   #329  

Hey ladies, just a quick post to tell u my new fav "food". I am still on the "clearliquid" diet.... But I got to add a protein shake. I got a peanut butter and chocolate when I was on pre diet. Since my stomach can hold so little I refrozen what I had....... OMG!!!! It's the bomb. Like a recess PB cup ice cream. It is so awesome! Very high in protein.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:03 PM   #330  
Yo Yo Me

Height: 5'10"

Hi all and welcome home, Tammy! It's going to be fun to follow ur progress. Hey those fab pancakes are packaged and made by Proti. Can be ordered online or do u have a local carb store?

Welcome Smeeker to this unique group!

Hey Reda...I was thinking of u today as I put oodles of Swarovsky crystals on Frank's anniversary emblems. Then took a ride around town on errands, admiring him in windows at stop lights...we all do that, right? Well, my street jacket is looser and feeling good...not sausage-like anymore.

Sunset
sunster2 is offline   Reply With Quote