Old 10-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #181  
Yo Yo Me

Height: 5'10"

Hi you Beautiful People you...

How great does Dawn look!!!

I've corrected my ticker to make it read true, sadly. The best way for me to lose weight is take a long road trip! I should go out there and LIVE on the road...I'd be thin, even. But since coming back in, I've put on enuf to go on....gasp....the dang slimfast diet. 2 shakes, 1 bar, 3 snacks, and a full blown meal. Well, I made it thru day 1. Yeah yeah, I know it sucks but, i've done it how many times. I've done EVERY diet at least 3x or more. My goal is to lose 18lbs by Dec 8. anything close to it will make me happy.

Frank got his 70k service. I wore out his grips this last trip, so I have a new pair of Avons. The girth is smaller (and we all know it's about girth!) so I have the cure: throttle fringe grips! Anybody have some laying around? I have brake/clutch cover fringe and they are very worn out (I like 'em). I'll either get used throttle grips or a new set of both.

Packing, moving, jobs, bosses, travel, grandkids, family...life...it's all here. You are all truly beautiful and I'm so glad you're here. Hope we all get to meet up this coming summer. Reda and I will be on the Biker Belles ride, right?! If you can't be there, maybe some other town/event? You name it...I'll be there!

Sunset
PS found a GREAT pic of Reda taken on the ride
sunster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Howdy-

I live in a college town, and this weekend is homecoming and boy what a crazy place to be- we will enjoy the festivities tomorrow starting at 7am with a couple bloody Mary's and breakfast but of course it doesn't compare to our winter trips in January.

Colleen we will be getting to Cozumel the day before you leave Cancun- but question I take it you have been to Cozumel so what shop are you talking about it and what resort have you stayed at? Any tips - I do know we are going to Playa Del Carmen for a day, want to check it out anyways

Sunster yep I know you what you are talking about as I am back to the gym and watching what I am eating, as I would like to loose 20 before January 17th-- Not sure about Biker Belles next year only because I think if we go to Sturgis next year it will probably only be Thurs- Sun- we are going to save some vacation time to go to Bikes, Blues and BBQ in Fayatteville AR
That is the plan anyways

Well I suppose I should get off computer and get a few things done since we won't be home all day tomorrow
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #183  
Yo Yo Me

ok Reda and all...let's lose 20 for the new year...we can do it and have plenty of time if we start now.

I'm riding frank to Sacratomato today...nice and in the 80's. Been watching Sturgis web cam....yikes. Sorry...sounds like I'm bragging...um, maybe a little..but then we have 116 heat iin the summer...yikes.

Sun
Old 10-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #184  

Oh shoot we won't be riding - western SD got up to 45" of snow and
south eastern SD where we live got tornados- 1st part of Oct this is just crazy!!!

Sunster glad you get to keep on riding

But I am with you on the losing 20 pounds before my vacation in January-
I just need my self control to kick in real soon!
Old 10-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Reda, 45" of snow and tornados???!!! THAT is not good for cycle riding at all!!

Cozumel, yes we were there in 2011 for a week and 2013 for a day during the 5 country cruise...tequila factory tour goes all around navigable portion of the island to the North and East side. Ruins are neat (DH likes that stuff--I like shopping and bargaining with the locals at the street vender/shops near the port (not the big one downtown) with purses and nicknacks--lots of jewelry. This next vacation we are taking 14 friends with us, and have decided on going to Cancun for a change. We have been there too on a vacation I earned through work several years ago. All expense paid--wish I could do THAT again!! DH is kind of planning a trip out West. Wondering if maybe we could catch up with you (Sunster and everyone else too for that matter) in South Dakota for a bit...details as plans get made.

Sunster, losing 20 for the New year shouldn't be any problem...at least if I put my mind to it! Been being food-naughty lately. Chips and cheese for supper would be a prime example!

Tammy, I hope the stress of moving goes away and you start enjoying yourself again soon!

Holly, you sound busy too! You have inspired me to make my fingernails pretty. Note to self...don't do it before spending hours in the kitchen working and messing in hot water. Ruins all the pretty's!

Hi Dawn, Aaron Jillie, Ian, Shcirerf and anyone that would like to join in our fun.
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #186  
Yo Yo Me

I've already fallen off wagon 2x this week. So, ive decided I have a choice when temptation strikes. It's either choose the comfort food (it's ALL comfort food to me, by the way) or choose to be thin. I've said this often today, "comfort or thin". Well, this mini-mantra is helping..... I just reeeeely want to be one of those thin chicks on our bikes, ya know?!

Comfort food yummy now or thin eventually?

We're losing 20 by new year....everyone in? How about 10 for the holidays!

Sun
Old 10-09-2013, 12:01 AM   #187  

I really need to be in!!!!!! I am in the same boat only just started and blew it already today- Mc Donalds on the road- but tomorrow I already have my salad ready for lunch but we do have a supper ride planned tomorrow night- we are actually going to hit 81 tomorrow so better ride while we can
Didn't make it to the gym this morning ended up going to work instead and not getting home till 7 but not really home went and got my hair done so really didn't get home till 9- of course I had to watch SOA, then decided to log on real quick but I really need to get by butt to bed

So off I go
Old 10-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #188  

Hi girls- well not so good this weekend = DS was racing about 180 miles away so we stayed in motel for the weekend which meant eating out and with a group of 16+ we usually did buffets- I lost all control!!!!!!!

So hopefully back on track tomorrow

How is everyone else doing??
Old 10-14-2013, 10:04 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 270/ 261 /220

Hi gals I am still here. I am mad at my self, I have gained more weight this summer. I was down to 230 when my dad died 2 years ago and I have gained weight each summer. I was 245 last year this time and I am at 255 this year. My wife and I started our diets today. I hope to be down to 220 by april next year. When I started my diet 2 years ago I was at 275, so I am not back to wear I started. I would love to do the 20 lb weight loss for the new year with you gals.
LEATHERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:28 AM   #190  

Hello Aaron, sounds like you are in the same boat as most of us are= with the exception of Dawn she is looking way awesome!!! But that is good she is in a good place in her life

Well today was no better than this weekend!!! So hopefully tomorrow I will get back on track- aren't these the famous last words???
Old 10-15-2013, 07:02 AM   #191  

I am almost back to 255, I am at 256 today. Yesterday I weighed 260, after a wedding party.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #192  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

HI!! I just went through and read all that I've missed.

Dawn - CONGRATS!! you look soooo great and pretty and happy! nice looking husband too and that is TOO KEWL about former Big Bird j/p!

Reda - I read everything but I mostly remember trying to get air to the sumac

sunster - Oh isn't it easy to lose weight on the road! my longest trips have only been 3 days each way but I always drop real pounds (not just water weight) because my focus changes so.

Tammy - I see it was a month ago that you mentioned it but I am soooo sorry about the gosh-darned (I am censoring myself) depression hitting you! that suxs so bad and I wish I could make it disappear for you.

Colleen - I always see what you have on FB even if I don't reply

Aaron - hi!

well even though I rode alot, the past few months have just been a blur because of the added job at work, because of having to be at work at 7 a.m. 6 days a week, the 2 or 3 additional hours a day because of covering the breakfast position, really was a load.

So last week I got up my courage and asked for a meeting with the manager,for some kind of extra compensation for 'stepping up to the plate, being a team player' and all that, and for whatever reason I had to wait almost 4 days; and then finally we had a couple minutes of his time to talk, and he was SO freakin condenscending and a jerk to me..it really was awful. It's just real life and I should just focus that I know I was a good employee, and did a great job. #$%& them!

I did make sure to tell him that the additional responsibilites caused me to 'lose sleep and gain weight' and he even questioned that..he said 'it's usually the other way around, people sleep more and gain weight' WTF?? I then stated that having to be at work so early and then more hours, made my usual 7 am workout time impossible. So he finally says, 'what are your expectations?' (money-wise) and I tersely barked "ANYTHING?!"

So my beloved summer job changed to wanting to get the he// out of there. The last day is this Sunday and this is the first time in 13 years that I have wanted the season to end!

so sorry I took all this space to complain! grrr.

So I have worked out ONE day a week for 2 and a half months, instead of working out 6 days a week! I am still in size 10 but they are tight. and I can see the softness in my midsection . I should be glad that soon I will work for the Rat B@stard and can work out every morning again

today is an unexpected day off ,my chef boss (who was astounded at learning what the idiot manager said to me) arranged it, so I am so glad at being able to do nothing all day if I want the temps today might make it to 60, but it is real foggy now (mid morning) so I should do indoor stuff and try ot get out on my bike this afternoon.

Tammy, yes we had some cold temperatures already, down to low 30's and finally a killing frost the other week, but then we had sun and high 60's which was beautiful! the foliage was really great this year too. Probably about more than half the leaves are off now, some trees are completely bare but others still have nice yellow/orange but all the reds are gone. which reminds me I have to rake leaves, ugh.

!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:53 AM   #193  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

* and I know my ticker is not correct but I am AFRAID to weigh myself, it would be devastating to me to know what I have gained *

oh and I was without a computer for a bit, and was waiting for my new device, then I got crazy and took a paring knife to this computer and unstuck the finger / key pad and got it working again yay me!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #194  

Hi Holly

So sorry your FUN JOB summer job has turned out to be not so fun this year- and from the sounds of it you have put in lots of hours, some bosses can be such jerks and they should see all the extra work you put into your job...
As much as you hate going back to the winter job you will at least get some normalcy back into your life hopefully!

Me I have been working way to many hours as well- and then you add personal life fun stuff, I am ready for winter for life to slow down some

Well Biggest Loser and SOA are both on tonight so I get to lay on the couch and watch some TV
Old 10-16-2013, 08:24 AM   #195  

Hi gals I am at 254 today not bad. I hope I stay on the wagon this time.