Old 10-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Thank you everyone. I am slowly gaining but trying not to (lol) I'm not working yet. In a way its a good thing as DS has had to go to IA City (1 1/2 hours away) to the VA hospital/clinic. The VA clinic here in DBQ wont see him till Feb. He was doing good till he slipped in shower & had to go to the VA hospital ER, Then this last week was his check up. Sounds the Dr. he saw is decent. He was concerned about what he saw with DS feelings & mobility in his legs & lower back so he is trying to get an MRI & everything needed to push the surgery forward instead of waiting. I'm glad I'm not working so I can drive him there when needed plus if they push the surgery maybe I wont be working & wont have to worry about taking time off right away.

I am trying to get unemployment. IBM isnt fighting it but the job that I only worked 3 days is. Kinda pisses me off as unemployment will be drawing from the $ paid in by IBM not them. Thought I was doing the right thing by quiting 3 days in instead of wasting everyones time by training me on a job that wasnt right for either one of us. I quite IBM cuz the 12 hours were killing me. I thought sitting for so long was why I was always hurting. Since then I have gone to acute care mainly cuz my hand swelled up & didnt know why but at same time I complained to that Dr how Im always hurting & the Drs I have seen hasnt done anything other then instructing me to do yet more excersizes that do not work. He said it sounds like fibromyalgia & did some lab work to rule out some other stuff which came back just fine. So at this moment thats the best answer I have so far for the pain. I have an apt with my blood Dr that I like & helped me with other issues other then my hypoglycemic. I will talk to her more about it & see if there is yet a different Dr to see then the ones I have already tried to help me figure out the pain.

Cant remember if I told you guys/gals that we will also be moving the end of month. We will be renting a house. Its a 3 bedroom 1 1/2 bath, all wood floors w/ a fireplace. 2 bedrooms are on the 2nd floor but the stairs are much easier then the stairs here at the apt. We will put my BIL in the bedroom downstairs. That way when he gets drunk we wont need to worry about him falling on the steps plus he will be starting his blood thinning meds again soon. He had to stop the meds so he can have his teeth pulled & this way his gums will clot up like they need to. Last Thanksgiving he was in hospital cuz he had blockage in his legs. When hes on the meds he gets scraped & bleeds alot & he doesnt even know hes bleeding till we see drops of blood on the floor or walls.

The house is in a much better neighborhood then the apt too. The bad part of town seems to be getting closer & closer to where the apt is & its to the point that I dont even like taking the dog for walk outside when there are people walking around. At nite DH carries his gun with him cuz of everything that has been going on in the neighborhood. It'll be nice having a yard for the dogs & for when my GS & daycare boy comes to visit.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #197  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone, Dawn I'm sorry to hear about your pain/discomfort and I hope your U/I claim goes through easily, I think you were considerate in quitting the job early instead of going through the motions, knowing that it wasn't right for you.

My last day of the summer job was Sunday, and the JERK manager/president didn't even show for the last day, that is the most irresponsible thing I think, not even there to thank his employees for a successful season, he went moose hunting instead He was supposed to hand out the cash tips to the waitstaff so they were left hanging. I used to like this man but not anymore. And my check will be mailed to me, so I have to wait til at least Wed. or Thursday to find out what the Club decided to 'do' for me money-wise.

But yesterday was a great first day off, I did some indoor stuff first, I did work out for almost an hour, then raked leaves for an hour, then rode to town a couple times, real glad I took advantage of it, because the rest of this week is supposed to be maybe showers, definitely cloudy, and daytime highs in the 40's! ugh. Reality time.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #198  
Doxie Jax's Mom

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/159

Height: 5'3" used to be 5'6" :-(

Hi Holly!

It's Jill! Am Baaaaaack....had to sign up again since 3FC didn't remember me. You know I'm not riding anymore, but I thought I'd stop by and say HI

Logging my food and exercise with MyFitnessPal....trying to walk some each day. So far, so good!

Spent our summer, riverside, in beautiful Western NC...love it there so much! Back in Central FL for the winter, but it's a rat race for us with all the family and holidays. BahHumbug lol.

Glad to see you're still out there riding...can't believe it was 4 years yesterday that I lost Mike....and it will be 3 years Feb. that I lost Brian :-( But I'm a survivor, so I keep on keepin on!

Hugs!! Jill
Jillie422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:51 AM   #199  
Biker Chick!

Jil!!! Hi really nice to see you here, I have seen you of course on FB. Wow four years and then 3 since your life was changed so much but it is so wonderful that you have love in your life again!!

I'm on my fourth day off and the days are going by TOO FAST!! I really haven't done too much of the constructive type, have gotten maybe 4 boxes of books, and shoes I never wear, and some clothes, out of the house and into the car. My closet is a disaster and the kitchen pantry is a joke so there is definitely stuff to do. I did rake leaves on Monday, I think.

I might get my last paycheck in the mail today, from the summer job and I have been SO antsy wondering what they decided to compensate me for the 2 1/2 months of extra work.

Watched the last episode of Breaking Bad finally last night...wow. Now I have to watch the whole thing over again

Chilly here this morning, right around 32. I am never ready for cold weather but at least I made an appt. with mechanic to see if my car is winter-ready.

have a good day!

Last edited by VermontMom; 10-24-2013 at 07:52 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #200  
Yo Yo Me

Height: 5'10"

ok...finally got to update my tracker and add that first sun (agaiin). I went to a website that prepares a person for a diet....i know i know...lifestyle change. Anyhoo, it encouraged a couple pages of writing and led me to answer questions and prep myself mentally for the pitfalls ahead. I see it as good and helpful, since I've never tried THAT before.

Ordered some tribal decals for Frank and going to bling it like Reda did hers. Whee!!

Sun
sunster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #201  
Doxie Jax's Mom

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/159

Height: 5'3" used to be 5'6" :-(

Thanks for the Welcome, Holly! Hope you get good compensation for your summers work. Know u hate the cold...me too, but at least it's only cold every now and then here in CFL.

Hope y'all don't mind me riding vicariously with you while I try to lose a little poundage!

Still counting calories and walking some, but haven't weighed since arriving back in FL. I think I'm ok though...been sticking to the plan :-) Might weigh tomorrow.

Hope y'all are staying steady and having fun!
Jillie422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Hey y'all.

Dawn, congrats on your wedding! I hope they get your pain resolved soon, and your unemployment.

CC and Colleen, I bet you both can still get off the 20 pounds by your cruises.

Sunster, by yours and CC's picture at Sturgis, you will kick what little weight you have in the butt soon.

Aaron- Its so awesome that you and your wife lose together.

Holly- I am sorry your stupid manager at the GOOD job was a jerk to you. It seems like all businesses these day are about the bottom line and not about people..... and they quickly forget that the bottom lines come from dedicated people like you.

I did not ride much as I normally do. In fact, I am ashamed that I did not even ride 1k miles this year. Maybe next year.

I have gained sooo much weight. I am only 18 pounds from my start. I was having chest pains so I went to the doctor and had a stress test. It was ok but I have high cholesterol, which is not a shock since I have been eating soooo badly. But, I am back on it now. I know it is the holiday season, but if I don't start now I could be larger than I started to begin with.

Well, not much more..... other than I love the new house. LOVE IT. It is nice just being away from the other one and being able to look at the lake every day after work.

I will gab more later.
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi girls-
Well I finally got my fairing and fender painted and installed so of course I wanted to ride today even though high in 40's and horrible winds so didn't go to far but I love it.

Just catching up and realized I posted right before halloween and it is missing so I will have to catch up later again

Have a great week
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:57 AM   #204  
Biker Chick!

Hi chicks, and Aaron, a sunny but frosty day here. I did have the chance to ride one day last week, I think Wed. but the weather changed and I wussed out. We usually get an occasional mild day this month so there is still hope for one..more...ride

Reda congrats on the painting done! and Yay to you for braving winds and 40!

Tammy, I love that you love your house!! Glad the chest pains were not a worry.

Jill it's good to have you here and you can ride through us

Hi Dawn and Sunster!

I'm back at the winter job and already finding it so hard to stick to sensible eating. I pack my homemade lunch and a yogurt and bring it, but I get SO very frustrated at the boss looking at what I'm eating, making comments on it, etc. He also must have a food disorder because he never, ever openly eats anything, he'll hide in his corner and eat, what is the big deal? we are human, we have to eat! but he makes it a secret for himself, and then makes my eating a point to talk about. I know I should not let it bother me but I can't help it.

Oh and can you believe, he gave me a $2 an hour raise! out of the blue. THEN he's ruminating out loud...'hmm..an extra $2/hour times 35 hours a week..that's $70...that's alot of money! maybe I should have waited til it gets busy'....WHAT? You don't tell a person you're giving them a raise and then say its a bad idea! I said, 'do whatever you need to do' and he hastens to say, 'oh, it will start right away'. Jeez

Last edited by VermontMom; 11-04-2013 at 08:01 AM.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #205  

Holly congrats on the raise- that is awesome so he must realize what a good dedicated worker you are WTG
I am struggling with my eating and exercising---- grrrrrr I am so frustrated beyond words
So with that I am off the computer feeling kind of crabby!!!!
Old 11-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #206  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperChick355 View Post
Holly congrats on the raise- that is awesome so he must realize what a good dedicated worker you are WTG
I am struggling with my eating and exercising---- grrrrrr I am so frustrated beyond words
So with that I am off the computer feeling kind of crabby!!!!
I hear ya, Reda!! I'm so sorry for your frustration and crabbyness. I'm back on the exercising bandwagon but as usual I can not stop thinking that I'm always hungry, about what I'd like to eat right then, what I'd rather eat, etc. It is a daily, no; an hourly or even a minute-ly struggle!!

but on more positive, I made an appt to ride to bike mechanic tomorrow for one last oil change before the winter, supposed to be 50-ish and partly sunny tomorrow, YAY! and I have off (now have off Wed. and Thursdays all winter) On Thursday, I take my Forester to have my brandy-new and EXPEN$IVE Nokia Hakkapolita snow tires put on.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #207  
Biker Chick!

Hey friends! Yesterday I had a great day off, rode to my oil change appt. Used my $75 gift certificate than I won being Miss Crossroads towards the $99 cost ( I always use synthetic oil) THEN I used my wedding cake payment money to shop in the moto store, and the store was having 50% off everything!! I got -

new helmet! half helmet, flat black, it has a little visor and those kewl pull down mini visors in the brim, a clear one and a shaded one. An empty canvas for me to bling with cupcakes, rhinestones, and bullet holes

cute little leather, studded bag that you clip onto your belt loops.

leather shoulder bag

long sleeved thermal shirt with kewl moto graphics

two pairs fingerless gloves, one leather for me, one textile for hubster

three pairs Milwaukee Biker socks, one for me and two for him

with the discount, $120 and that is exactly what I received for making that wedding cake

THEN today, I took my car to get my new winter tires put on, 4 Nokia Hakkapalita snows, very expensive. When I got home and checked the mail, I found a check from my summer job place - A BONUS CHECK!! Three friggin weeks after the club closed, I get a bonus check. I am very happy with the amount though. So I have been feeling crummy about this for almost 5 weeks, feeling unappreciated and shunned and even thinking about a different job next year...now it's all happy and glowy again, lol.

I have gotten back into my exercise groove, and have been trying to have 'sensible' portions and NOT eat after dinner and to prepare low carb-type foods to take to work and for here. Have made big pots of veggie filled chili and spaghetti sauces, portion and freeze them for quick thaws. Now my motivation/focus for losing flab and tightening up is on the thought of being more visible as...President of United Motorcyclists of Vermont! the current prez is resigning in February; I'm VP, and I don't know of anyone else jonesing for the position. Whaddaya think?

And i saved the biggest news for last, our younger son called this evening, he proposed to his girlfriend last night!

Last edited by VermontMom; 11-07-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #208  

Holly congrats on the upcoming wedding, have they set a date yet? Glad to hear that your summer job did do something special for ya!!!! Wow you got some great buys and boy a whole half helmet to bling out, I would be going crazy, I took an inventory of different things I am going to do this winter and it will take all winter to do I am sure.

And Holly I think you will make a great President!!! Go for it

Well a group of us headed West on Friday and came home yesterday boy what a weekend
Us girls were dressing animal print on Saturday but while Diane was in the shower Fred put on her leopard panties and leopard vest and paraded up and down the hallway, it was so funny - thank goodness no children were staying on our floor!!!! Oh ya and another thing there was a bloody mary bar and the bloody mary came with a slider hamburger on a straw I will try to post a picture- it was a meal!!!

How is everyone else doing? Tammy how is the new house going still are you all settled in yet?

My youngest son just bought a trailer house for $800 yes it is old but he could pay cash and lot rent is only $200 per month so very doable for him but the couple he bought it from smoked in all rooms so the carpet needs pulled, and it needs painted, and the bathroom needs totally gutted and re-done. So he decided to just put hardwood (cheap stuff) in place of the carpet. Going to
Go cheap because once the girlfriend graduates in 2.5 years they will move.

Well better get going- have a great night
Old 11-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #209  
Yo Yo Me

Height: 5'10"

Wow Holly....you totally scored the good stuff! I like the sound of the clip on bling bag...i wear a fringie one and become married to it on the road.

Hey Reda....love the Bloody Mary escapade! And hey, tell us about Deadweird. Also, what glue did you use for your bling on bike? I've got some tribal slashes that I'm putting on Frank and adding some bling, doncha know!

And now, sigh, the weight issue....what do y'll know of the IP diet?

Sun
sunster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Holly,
I am so glad you got the bonus check. That is exactly what I went through with the doctor that left town.... the same feelings and all. I am so glad you got it though. And I love finding deals, but you got the BIG score.
I think you should go for the president position!!!!
CONGRATS on the upcoming DIL!!!!!

Reda, I am sooo enjoying the house. I love it out here. Sounds like your DS has a good head on his shoulders about getting the older trailer..... it may not be the best.... but they can make it a good home and not be in huge debt.

Sunster, I have tried every diet under the sun (excuse the pun)..... but I have not tried the IP diet.

I do need to do something. I am almost where I started... That means I have gained about 80/100 pounds I lost back No since crying over spilled milk.

Colleen, Aaron, Dawn.... hope you are all well.

We all seem to be too busy to post like we used to. I am glad we are still together though...... even if some of us are back to square one....
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote