Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 10:19 PM   #121  

Thought I would just check in.
Happy belated bday Cyan. Glad you had a great time.

Well, haven't been good. Yesterday scale said 191--oh my!! have a new plan, but not going into affect until Monday. Why wait til Monday? Well, Friday we were invited to a friends for dinner and Sunday is Easter, more food. So now that our guests are gone and get these dinnners over with, it should be a little easier.
I am going to try somersizing. Anyone tried it? It's about not mixing/eating certain foods. You can still have carbs, but limited and not with protein. I am reading up on it, getting as much info as possible. My mission board director said that a board member was doing somersizing and lost alot of weight and has kept it off for a year now. We'll see. Gotta do something. I don't want this weight coming back. Plus had 2 people ask me if I was pregnant again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Talk to you all later.
Old 04-16-2003, 09:32 AM   #122  
I will make it!

Angry Good Morning Ladies

Thanks so much for all the happy birthday wishes. It put a huge smile on my face. Miki and Reina thanks for the e-cards!

I did ok yesterday with the eating...my dad brought kfc home for dinner...so my grand total was 1595 and 56 grams of fat. I did cycle for 30 minutes for a distance of 9km and burned off over 300 cals.

It was so stormy last night and as I lay there tucked under my covers I was thinking...ooooo I dont want to go out there tomorrow morning....maybe I'll just take my birthday off and not go into work. But ..by morning...it had calmed down so I came into work.

Taiwan..let me know how sumersizing goes...I think she cuts out sugar from her diet and breads...its like a low carb diet.

Well...back to work.

Talk to you later

Cyan
Old 04-16-2003, 05:45 PM   #123  

HELLO LADIES

Hope you are all having a great week, Well first of all
Happy Birthday Cyan!!!!
I don't think I have said this enough?

Ok, I have to tell you about my will power! Don't know where it came from, but around 3:30 yesterday, I was deliriously craving chocolate! I was taking to Cyan on IM so she can talk me through the pain!!

Well yesterday evening I had to go to my inlaws ~ and you all know how I feel about my inlaws, right??
That alone will make anyone want to shove and entire chocolate mousse cake down the hatch!
Well, it was my brother in laws birthday so of course they would have cake, and chocolate no less~
I can't believe it, but I didn't have not a sliver, zilch, zip, nada, nothing,
CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT???

I was so proud of myself last night, I couldn't get over it. Well my scale still said I have gained 2 lbs, but I am expecting my monthly tomorrow, so that could be the reason, and I am eating OP all this week, so we will see.

Miki, are you doing the situps? I am going to curves tonight. My sister is joining now, that makes my sister and my niece. I have a trend over here.

Debee, did you join??

Well, I hope you all have a great rest of the week, I will talk to you all later.
Old 04-16-2003, 09:42 PM   #124  

Happy Birthday Cyan Glad you enjoyed your cards.

Reina, way to go with the will power! I had to find some quick today also. On Wed nites, the kids go to church and before the service, there is always a meal so people who work wont have to rush with supper and all. Anyway, I picked up KFC to send with them. Well, I live about 20 min away so the whole way the entire car smelled of KFC. I wanted a piece BADDD. At one point I even opened the bucket hoping at least a piece of the crispy part had fallen off of one so I could just have that. Of course, it hadnt. Reluctantly I put the lid back on and just drooled the rest of the way home. I never took one bite. Let me tell you..it was very hard. But tonite as I ate my stirfry with chicken I felt good that I had made that choice.

I also walked my 2 miles today but only did 10 min of AirWAlking at lunch.

I havent started the situps yet. Maybe tonite We'll see. I'm tired tho from my walk.

Taiwan, I was happy to see you are back with us! Dont worry about not being good lately...at least you have a plan You'll have to keep us informed on how it goes. Like you, we have a big Easter dinner Sunday with my family. Bad thing is tho...we already had one last Saturday because that was the only weekend one of my sisters could come. Now we're doing it AGAIN I"m talking a "thanksgiving" type dinner...turkey, dressing, roast w/gravy, mashed potatoes, corn, sweet potato casserole, brocc/cheese casserole, etc. plus several desserts. Last week I messed up horribly on that one day. Not going to do that Sunday...not planning to at least. I felt GROSSSS after doing it last time. It's ridiculous to ruin a whole week with just one big meal.

Well...going to try to get to bed early so I better run for now.

MIKI
Old 04-18-2003, 09:18 AM   #125  
I will make it!

Angry Good Morning Ladies

Happy Easter, Good Friday and PassOver well wishes to everyone.

I am doing fine diet wise....all week I have been at or under 1500 cals and well under 50 grams on most evenings. I exercised last night but only for 15 minutes...the music on the radio sucked and I couldnt stay motivated to keep on cycling.

I am sure everyone is busy with family get togetheres and all that so come post when you get the chance.

I will be weighing in on sunday...I certainly do hope to see some weigth loss...cross your fingers everyone

Ok believe it or not..I am at work...so I best get to it

Cyan
Old 04-18-2003, 11:28 PM   #126  

Hi..just a quick post. Lost one measly lb again this week. Needless to say I was again very disappointed and at the same time felt really selfish about it. Cyan, I always get frustrated then immediately I think of you and the time you've had with those blasted scales. I know I should just be happy I'm losing period...but when I work double hard and still lose the same as I did when I didnt exercise at all, it is very discouraging. For the past 2 weeks, I've done more than ever not skipping even one day and both weeks lost one lb. The week before, I also lost one lb and didnt exercise near as much! I know I know....muscle weighs more than fat....I keep telling myself that too. Anyway, had a little pity party for myself this morning and once again now I'm back on track and NOT GIVING UP!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend. Hope to hear from everyone soon.

Miki
Old 04-21-2003, 12:20 PM   #127  
I will make it!

Angry Good Day Ladies

Happy Easter Monday!

I'm at work but I will most likely leave at 1pm to enjoy the rest of the afternoon...although its gray and rainy out there...ugh!

I am still keeping on track with what I eat..I did go a little high on sunday...at 1663 but the fat grams were good at 30 grams.

I had cake...oh well.

I kept up with the exercising by either cycling, walking and heavy house cleaning.

Well thats it folks..oh Yes..I have not weighed...my scale is evil and always makes me feel bad.

later ladies

Cyan
Old 04-21-2003, 10:01 PM   #128  

Hi Ladies,

I'm back! I had a great vacation. We first stopped to see Jim's sister in Hollywood, Fl then drove across to my sisters house in Marco Island and dropped off the kids. The next five days we spent in Naples, Fl at a very nice spa hotel. Naples Florida is very nice...many outdoor cafes, art galleries and upscale shops in town. One night we went to a play, another we went on a sunset cruise, another we went to the Ritz Carlton, and another we had wine and walked the beach and watched the sun set on Naples pier. Those are the good parts of the vacation the bad part is that I gained 5 pounds!!!! I left at 127 and returned home at 133! I ate so bad...big breakfasts, coconut shrimp for lunch washed down with pina coldas, starbuck frappacinos, cheeseburgers, lobster fritters, steak dinners, pasta, and all the bread baskets in Naples, topped off every evening with chocolate mousse ice cream...after awhile I felt sick from eating...I kept saying to myself that I was on vacation so I could eat anything and everything I wanted...very stupid move. Now I have to really be good and exercise and diet. My sister told me something that has helped she said that whenever she takes a bite of food that she says to herself.."Does this taste better than thin?"... if it doesn't she just stops eating! Helps with mindless eating.

Well, this week I am signing up for curves, riding my bicycle in the morning, waking up an hour earlier to do yoga and a walking tape, and planning my meals...no eating out at all until sat. night! I also plan on gardening, spring cleaning the house, finding a new low-fat dinner recipe.
Old 04-21-2003, 10:11 PM   #129  

Part two of my post...

Miki, hope you had a great easter dinner with the family... we went to a local resturant and yes, it was another day of bad eating for me.

Cyan, you know I was thinking that maybe if you didn't look at the scale for a few eeks maybe the weright will come off...kinda like when you are not looking for a relationship and then one sudeenly appears ...maybe that will happened with the pounds coming off.

Deana, I know the comment about being "pregnant" most of my weight is in my stomach so I have heard that comment a few too many times! I feel like I am going to give birth to triplet chocolate mousse ice cream cones this week.

Reina, I took photos in florida so as soon as I get them developed I will send them to you. I promise to send photos to anyone else that e-mails me at [email protected]

Lady, I read your post and you are so right...just because we have company or a celebration or go on vacation is no reason to allow ourselves to over eat!!!

Lisa, hope all is well and you get to post soon.
Old 04-21-2003, 10:32 PM   #130  

Ok, I feel like I gained 10 lbs over the weekend! Trying to get back into the groove this week. Hope you all had a nice Easter holiday. I'll post more tomorrow.

Miki
Old 04-22-2003, 09:06 PM   #131  

Well all, just thought I'd post to say HEY I AM STILL HERE!!

We got a phone call on Monday of an 8th grader and her 5yr old sister who need emergency placement. The 8th grader came on Monday and 5yr old yesterday (and came screaming might I add). The rest of the day was much better though. The 5yr old and Joshua are getting along great.

So this week will be busy. But my first 2 days of somersizing went well, though still need to find legal snacks. But when I got on the scale today (I know don't weigh yourself every day!!!) I had already lost 2lbs. Haven't had any sugar other than from fruits or carbs other than oatmeal. Feeling pretty good (other than my sinus headache do to this stupid weather here!!!)

I will try to write more once things settle down some.
Old 04-22-2003, 10:40 PM   #132  

Hi everyone. Ok, I did walk 2 1/2 miles today BUT for lunch, I had a grilled cheese sandwich then tonite I had a Jr Whopper w/cheese AND Fries! Really healthy huh? I'm going to TRY to make myself eat cereal the next 2 nites tho. We'll see how that goes.

Taiwan, welcome back! Missed hearing from you lately. You definitely have your hands full. I do admire you for the work you do for those kids. I'm sure altho it's stressful at times that you end up blessed in the end for doing something so needful.

Debee, sounds like you had a great time in Florida. Did you get my email? How is your plan going this week as far as getting back on track?

Cyan, hope you had a good day at work. Did you take off early as planned? You deserve some time off for yourself. Cant take care of others if you dont also take care of yourself.

Lady, Reina.....how are things with ya'll? Come post when you have a spare minute. Miss ya.

I'm taking off Thurs and Fri so looking forward to tomorrow afternoon. I love the feeling I have when I walk out the door at work knowing I dont have to return the next day..lol

Take care all..

MIKI
Old 04-23-2003, 07:19 AM   #133  

Hi,

Just a quick post..yes, miki I got your e-mail and by the end of the week I will mail you some photos...I am developing myregular camera and digitail and will try to even put a digitail photo on here...I hate figuring out computer things so it might take me a while.

I am back on track a little...execerising and eating better and the scale shows some loss. May is a busy month and I really want to look good for all the events we have planned plus bathing suit season will soon be upon us...oh joy!

Deana, I think it is so wonderful how you take in children ...what a wonderful difference you make in the world!

Cyan, how are you doing?

Lady, you must be very busy with your new business let us know how it is going.

Lisa, soon it will be summer and you'll have a break!

Reina, where are you?...at curves?
Old 04-23-2003, 07:21 AM   #134  

sorry about all the mis spelling I am typing while masking breakfast!
Old 04-23-2003, 03:55 PM   #135  

Hello everyone,
Sorry for my absence, but I haven't been feeling to good these past couple of days. But I have gone to the drs, and hopefully everything will be ok real soon.

Deb, nice to hear about the vacation, sounds like you a whopping good time! I am sure Curves will help you get that vacation poundage off in a jiffy!

Sounds like everyone is doing ok, with a few bumps or whoppers in the road, But everyone knows where they want to be and I am sure we will all be on track again together!

I am not feeling very well today, so I will post again later.

Cyan, hope all went well with your mom today!!!

talk to you all real soon!
Closed Thread