Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 01:43 AM   #46  

Default Welcome Back Lady & Lisa!!!!!!!!

Lady, It is so good to hear from you, we were getting worried. Please, the girls are right, you are a very important part of this group. I am glad to hear that you are getting back on track, and especially glad to hear that you will be joining us her in the Windy City!!

Sorry to hear you will be losing the job, but I am happy to hear that you will be starting your own business. Sounds like you have a following already! I wish you tons of success!

Lisa, Welcome back woman!! Your very first Patient???
I am sure you will do well. How did the house come out? Are you ready to get back to school. I am sure once you are back at school you will be back on track. Sorry to hear you went into the Hospital. Yeah, the lack of gallbladder does do some harm on the intake of food. My husband is unable to eat lots of things now that his gallbladder is gone.

Miki, I really, really hope you can make it here to Chicago!! You have done so well, another 4lbs! Congratulations!!!

Debee, I hope you are feeling better now. Planting flowers, I can't wait for the day I own my very own home. I will be planting all kinds of things.

Cyan, Sushi is on the menu this week, somehow!! So was that Sushi two days in a row after all???

Well, I did good yesterday and didn't eat after 8pm. And today, well, I woke up so late, today that I didn't eat breakfast, and I had a dentist appt. so after the appt. we went to Hooters.
Yeah, yeah, I KNOW. I wasn't supposed to go back, but I was craving the shrimp so I decided to go, so, that took up all my points for the day, so I haven't eating since 2:00pm today. It is 12:30am now and I am so fighting the crave for oatmeal!

Well, I finally got on the scale yesteday, and it didn't budge this week, I am still 190.4. Yeah, I didn't make it out of the 190's this week, but I sure as **** plan on it next week. My birthday is next Sunday and I really need to feel good about something this year!
So wish me luck this week, I will need it.

Ok, I think I am going to go to bed now.
Old 03-23-2003, 01:07 PM   #47  
I will make it!

Talking Good Morning Fabulous Ladies

Welcome back Lisa...WOW your first patient this week....how lucky that patient is to have such a smart and wonderful nurse to treat them. You must fill us in on your ambulance ordeal! Maybe its a sign to get back on your program and eat better. I am so glad you are coming to chicago in october!

Miki...you look thin already!! Wow...I do hope you make it to Chicago....by then, you will be one svelt Mama

Lady...I have a very good feeling that you will do just fine with your business...and word of mouth is the best advertising and it seems like already its working for you. I think you will have no problem and more work than you can handle.

Debee I hope that you are enjoying your gardening...I am happy too that spring in around...I am looking forward to starting my hiking soon. You are right Debee...we are a fabulous wonderful group of women and I am sure glad I found you guys.

Reina..I had sushi on friday and I am seriously thinking about having it for sunday dinner...but I may pass on that...I will turn into a big sushi myself...can you picture me in a maki roll.... I would make a delicious roll for a sexy guy to munch on

Okay...I gotta get going. Lots to get done and I can't believe its already Sunday afternoon...argh! Back to work on MOnday...ok I'm going out for a walk

Cyan

Big hug to everyone and I send out lots of good energy into the world.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:03 PM   #48  

Lisa!!!! So glad you're back!!! I cant believe you're already getting your first patient. Dont be nervous..I know you'll do great!I know you're very busy, but I'm gonna hold you to that promise to start back posting. Sorry to hear about the ambulance incident. You'll have to give us details someday when you have some time.

Reina, dont worry too much about eating that shrimp. We're allowed to do that occasionally if we dont make it a habit, right?? My shrimp pasta was delicious and worth every little calorie. Now, I just have to make up for it the rest of this next week. So the scales didnt move...thats ok...not moving at all is better than moving UP

Cyan, your comment about the sexy guy made me laugh out loud. Your "MrRight" will definitely have to have an appetite for sushi. lol
By the way, you have officially just become my new best friend...nobody has called me thin in YEARS ( and I'm nowhere near thin but who cares..I like to hear it..LOL)

Lady, it sounds like you already have enough students to keep you busy for awhile. I knew business would be booming in no time. And how cool to be your own boss now!

My calories for today will end up at 1200 I think. I already figured in what I plan to have the rest of the day/nite. Fat grams were much better too...only 22 or so. I skipped breakfast, then had stir fry veggies with imitation crab for lunch, fat free vanilla pudding for dessert, and later had 2 cups of sugar free, fat free jello as a snack. For supper, I am having Special K Red Berry cereal.

My sister came over today and we walked a mile. Then she, my hubby and I played basketball with her daughter, Brook (14), my son, Josh (13), and Josh's g/friend Shelby(13). They tired us out in a short time, thats for sure. I'm going to do some floor exercises later on tonite. My sister actually came over to go with me to play tennis but the courts are in the process of getting a new paint job so we werent able to use them.

All in all, I had a very nice week off and the weekend weather was also wonderful. Not looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow, but thats life, huh.

Hope you all have a great upcoming week.

MIKI
Old 03-24-2003, 12:52 AM   #49  

Default not good, oh well

Well, my friends were here this weekend. Actually, they are moving here from another part of the island (they are from America and have a little girl), so I am soooooooo excited. They came on Thursday and just left (monday). Not good eating, not at all. Actually, I got on the scale today and it said back up to 191lbs!!!!! what's up with that???? Jeez! will I ever get below 188lbs? My fault I know. HArdly exercised, drank Coke (something I rarely do) and Oreos were in the house!! Well, I am just going to do what I need to do and get on with life. Welcome back Lisa. Have fun with your first patient. Can't really get into personal letters to all as time is short. Talk to you all later.
Old 03-24-2003, 10:29 AM   #50  
I will make it!

Angry Good Morning Ladies

Lets stay motivated...spring is here and soon...hot weather to follow...which means...tshirts and shorts...YIKES! I wont be able to hide in my big turtle necks and loose pants.

So on that note...onward we keep exercising and eating good healthy food to nourish our bodies.

I exercised last night...25 minutes on the bike for a distance of 7.5km...it felt good.

I also ate 1472 cals and 44 grams of fat. That trick of planning for 1200 cals is really working....now I can consistantly stay below 1500 cals.

I havent weighed myself yet..I was going too this morning but decided not to incase I havent shown a loss ..it would demoralize me too much. I did however try on clothes that is tight on me...and they are slowly getting looser..YAY...but I will weigh myself at the end of this week....so I need all my strength to stay below 1500 cals.

okay ladies...stay strong...and Taiwan...keep up your determination...you can do it. Why dont we set up a challenge..do you think that will help?

We havent had one in little while. I have kept up with not eating after 8pm....5 out of 7 nights I do that with out even thinking about it. I also have been exercising consistently 5 out 7 days too. And for the past 1 1/2...controlled my eating to under 1500 cals and 50 grams of fat.

Its all slowly coming together...so now I am hoping very much to get below 166 pds...The master plan is in effect...soon we will see if the results will show up in weight loss.

Ok..I gotta get back to work

Cyan
Old 03-24-2003, 02:48 PM   #51  

Hi ladies,

Welcome back Lisa! Please tell me your gallbaladder story since I don't have one anymore I would be very interested.

Miki, you look great in the picture! I loved your post about eating for all the right reasons and really enjoying the food. If we can all do that all the time we will win the battle.

Lady, soon business will be booming and you will have to hire assistants!

Taiwan, it is great that your friends are moving close...you must be very happy. Don't worry about the temporary weight gain..some weeks are just better than others.

Reina, keep up the good work and don't give in and you will show a loss before your birthday.

Cyan, my new craving has switched from choclate to cheese...I love blue cheese with apples and walnuts. I need to get the stuff out of the house!

Well, this weekend was nice. On Saturday I planted blue pansies and ivy in containers. I also planted some primroses along a small creek bed in our backyard. I love gardening and this year I am planning on a heirloom rose garden in one part of our yard. I also planted a small herb garden near the kitchen. When the danger of frost is gone, I'll plant morning glories to trail along the porch, moonflowers on the back porch, and annuals in flower boxes. One of my favorite hobbies is digging in the dirt. My grandmother had a beautiful garden and this is one way to always have a little bit of her with me.

Saturday night we went out to eat at our favorite Indian resturant..I had the almond chicken but in the middle of the night felt sick...so did my husband. Maybe we got a touch of food poisoning ...so we won't be going back for Indian for a while.

Sunday we went to the lake house and all the snow was melted but the lake was still partly frozen. My husband and I had some orange brandy and after one glass I was flying...since I didn't eat in the moring because my stomach was uneasy I should not have had the drink. Well, we left and I felt sick the rest of the night...I only drank a diet coke. This morning I felt better and had a few slices of whole wheat toast. Lunch was bad. It started out good but then I just could not stop. I had carrot sticks with hummus, then, vegetable soup, 1/2 cup of parmensan cheese (I love cheese), chicken cubes, stawberries, and a few choclate chip cookies...I was very tired and I think I kept eating to wake up. That ius why I am writing now...to stop me from eating. I guess I will try to make up for my lunch by walking to the bus stop and raking leaves this afternoon. If I do lawn work I know I can burn some calories. Tonight for dinner I will just have some soup and try really hard not to binge. Well, I might be back posting if the cravings come back.

Cyan, I am up for any challenge you throw our way. Maybe we can pick at least one day a week where no matter what we only eat 1,200 calories and 30 grams of fat and see if we can do it. Maybe we can all come up with a sample meal plan for the day 9breakfast lunch and dinner) See who can pack the most food into their meal plan without going over 1,200 calories. I'll go first.
I will try this meal plan on Wednesday.

Breakfast - 2 slices whole wheat light bread 35 calories slice -
one tablespoon blueberry jam-40
120 total.

Lunch- small whole wheat pita(70 calories) cukes, tomato, low fat feta (120) apple (60),
250 total

Snack- black bean soup with melted cheese, 150

Dinner- bake potato with salsa 100, salad with calorie and fat free dressing, toasted pita wedges with olive oil and feta, 75,
fat free pudding

Snack- popcorn with chili powder.
Old 03-24-2003, 03:52 PM   #52  
I will make it!

Guidelines

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1205
Fat: 39 g 353cals 30%
Sat: 10 g 89cals 8%
Poly: 7 61 5%
Mono: 13 g 116 10%
Carbs: 175 638cals 55%
Fiber: 16g 0cals 0%
Protein: 44g 178cals 15%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%
Calorie Breakdown

Today's Foods

Breakfast

1 envelope of carnation breakfast powder : 1serving 146cals 1 g Fat

1 cup of Milk, cow's, fluid, skim or nonfat, 0.5% or less butterfat : 86 cals 0 g Fat

1 cup of Strawberries, raw: 50 cals 1 g of Fat

1 Banana, raw : 93 cals 0 fat

1 cup fo Orange juice :113cals 0 fat

Lunch:

1 Enchilada with chicken and cheese, no beans, tomato- based sauce :235 cals 12 g Fat

0.5 cup Rice, white, cooked, glutinous:84 cals 0 g Fat

Dinner:

3 Egg roll, meatless : 303 cals 17 g of Fat

2 cups Mixed salad greens, raw:18 cals 0 g of Fat

2 tabllespoons Salad dressing, KRAFT LIGHT DONE RIGHT! Ranch : 77 cals 7 g of Fat

Totals 1205 cals 39grams of fat 175 carbs 44 protein

ok here is my menu for 1205 calories and 39 grams of fat..enjoy

Cyan
Old 03-24-2003, 09:19 PM   #53  

Cyan,

Your menu sounds yummy! I think I am going to try the chicken and cheese enchilada with a black bean soup for dinner one night this week.

Well I did rake some leaves and boy am I out of shape, I was really getting a workout and now my arms ache. I like to do exercise where I can get two thins done at once. Sometimes I motivate myself to bring the kids stuff upstairs by pretending I am on a stairmaster...that way if I go up and down the stairs a few times I think of it as exercise and clean up the house at the same time. Tonight we had a turkey breast for dinner and hubby and kids had turkey with gravy sandwiches and sweet potato, I had some snow peas, plain turkey, slice of whole wheat bread, fruit salad and a cookie. After dinner hubby and sons were eating cookies and cashews ( I did have a few) I need to get all nuts out of the house they are my downfall.

I hope tuesday I can get back on program and exercise and eat right.

Good night and try to eat healthy!
Old 03-24-2003, 10:42 PM   #54  

Hello everyone

Monday is my longest work day so I cant stay long. I got home late and still have lots to do. Both menus Cyan and Debee posted sounded great. When I have time, I'll try to come up with one also. ( by the way, Debee, you have me hooked on hummus..I'd never had it til you talked about it so I picked some up )

My calories today were 1400 and 23 fat grams. That's because with the busy day, two of my meals were low fat sandwiches from Subway.(roasted chicken) Breakfast was a toasted english muffin with margarine and 1% milk. I did have 2 miniature hershey candies too. Oh yeah, and Fat Free Pringles.

I dont think I'll have to worry any more about missing out on exercise. My son, Josh, and I have started working out together. We have done it now for the 3rd nite in a row, and now he comes and reminds me when it's time. He shows me things he has to do in basketball practice then we have a little friendly competition.The catch to it is I have to agree to listen to HIS music while we exercise He tried showing me a dance step they do at school...I have to work on that. It's really cool tho that we have this time for just the two of us. Being 13, it wont be long probably before he will think he's too big for that.

I got some neat news today. Joy, my youngest sis( and Kaylen's mom) found out she is pregnant. Now we'll have another cutie pie in the family soon.

Well, Josh is sitting here waiting for me to come back and join him. We've already done some of our exercises but he has a new song he wants me to hear.

Nite all

MIKI
Old 03-25-2003, 09:00 AM   #55  

Default Today was better for the most part..

breakfast could've been better and will be tomorrow, lunch was fine: rice/veggies/tofu/green tea half the sugar and dinner wasn't exactly healthy, but wasn't too bad. I found mini hotdogs that are like 14calories/dog (I checked many times thinking I was looking wrong!!!) and 1.1g fat. Ok, so I had 3 dog and a slice of whole wheat bread with each/plus potato wedges made with the onion soup mix--very good/and diet pepsi

today I exercised a little over 20min today on the stepper thing. Did 10+min until Josiah cried too much machine said I used 150calories, then just now I did 12min and it said I did 170calories. Plus I did 10min of arms toning. And I have drank 70oz of water, and may do another 10oz before bed. Gotta get more fruit in. Ok, how much is 2oz of Cornflakes? That doesn't sound like very much to me, I am hungry all the time!! I may have Cornflakes with 1banana and skim milk tomorrow for breakfast. And will have tomato/cheese sandwich for either lunch or dinner. I dont' know yet. I do expect a weight loss this week, I do, I do I do!!!!!!!!!!!
Gotta get Joshua to bed (I think he is asleep on the couch--oh well)

Deana
Old 03-25-2003, 09:32 AM   #56  
I will make it!

I exercised again last night on the bike for 25 minutes for a distance of 7.5 km. I also ate within my range until I had 9 pieces of riesen chocolate chews...yes...it was 9 pieces! Well my total cals after the riesen chocolate chews came to 1602 and 56 grams of fat! I love chocolate and especially during my period...I am almost unstopable when it comes to eating chocolate. Ok..moving on

I dont have any chocolate left in the house that I know of...maybe in the cupboard downstairs.... Oh Oh I will have to get rid of it tonight

Taiwan...I love your picture and what a cute little kid....I love the ruffled hair do he is sporting. I hope you have a weight loss too this weekend.

Miki...that is so cool that you can work in some quality time with your son and also get in your exercising. Thats the best situation...he will motivate you to keep going....how bright are you to do this. Excellent!

To all you lovely ladies...good work...the feeling I get from reading your posts is that we are all doing well...we are staying motivated and slowing the inches are melting away...lets give ourselves a pat on the back

Well as usual...I am at work...so I gotta get back to it...Stay strong everyone and stay on program

Cyan
Old 03-25-2003, 06:41 PM   #57  

Deana, what a great photo! I know you will show a loss this week. I hope we all can have a combined lost of 10 pounds. Maybe that can be a challenge...each week we have to make a goal of a 10 pound loss for the group...some weeks some of us will lose and other weeks some will not but if we can make an effort to lose a combined 10 pounds ..it will just be another mini-goal we can set for ourselves.

Miki, I think it is great that you get to exercise with Josh. That is how I am trying to incorporate exercise into my daily schedule...raking leaves is helping upper body and cleaning up the yard...dancing and yoga with the kids is exercise and quality time, cleaning the house is making me feel better and making me lose weight.

Cyan, I ate cashews last night,too This morning I emptied the whole can in the trash. I know if it is not in the house I will not eat it...so in order to not tempt my tastebuds I have been trying not to buy the stuff I love.

Reina, how is everything going? Did you get back to curves?

Lisa and Lady hope to hear from you soon.
Old 03-25-2003, 09:14 PM   #58  

Phil didnt get to take off any last week with me and the kids but since he was off today, I took off also. We mowed the yard which is 2 acres. He used the tractor and I used the pushmower for trim work. The grass was very thick and also still soggy from the rain all winter so it was very hard to push. I think I probably burned a good bit of calories doing that. It took well over an hour. My legs are actually getting sore, and I have a blister on my thumb where the bar rubbed it. Tells you how long it has been since these hands have done manual labor.

That was the positive part of this post. Now confession: before getting to work, we got the kids on the bus then we headed into town for breakfast. I had a western omelet and toast. It was delicious, but I would be willing to bet it had at least 6 eggs in it!! It was huge and had ham, bell peppers, onions, jalapeno peppers, tomatoes, cheese, and bacon in it!! I would guess at least 800 calories. We knew we wouldnt need any lunch and planned on Special K for tonite. Welllllllll....why is it that the plan always seems better ahead of time then the time actually comes, and all of a sudden, cereal just doesnt sound as appetizing. So instead we went to Sonic. I settled for a grilled chicken sandwich (210 calories) and a Diet Vanilla Coke. Phil got a hamburger, Fries, and a oreo cookie ice cream blast!! I told him he was NOT helping with my willpower tonite!! I had one bite of his but didnt order fries or ice cream for me. That part wasnt easy.

If that had been all I had today, calorie-wise I may have possibly been ok. BUT...at Walmart, I spied a can of cashews. I tried to pass them up...read the fat grams, put them back, went back and looked again, then told myself a handful occasionally wouldnt hurt anything so I bought them. I have CRAVED cashews since we gave some to my father-in-law at Christmas but I wouldnt buy them for us because I knew I'd eat them all. Well, I was right. I cant stop at ONE handful. I've had several today. I finally put them high up in the cabinet and told Phil when he thinks of it, to please go hide them somewhere else and dont tell me where.

Debee, when I read your post, I almost decided to go throw the rest away also. Not sure yet if I'll do that or not but I really should. Chips and Dips and Cashews are much more hard for me to pass up than sweets. I liked the idea of a 10 lb challenge.

I think between all of us we should be able to lose 10 lbs in one week. I'll try to do my part. No more cheating the rest of the week. Back to grilled chicken, stir fry, etc.

I know Josh will be ready shortly for our exercise session, but I am sooo tired! Not sure how productive I'll be tonite. Oh, we did play a little basketball with the kids after school. I forgot about that.

Taiwan, I love the pic! Glad you finally got one on here. Now if we can just get Debee's too. lol Good job on the exercise. Keep it up and you'll definitely have a loss this week.

Cyan, dont worry about the chocolate. I'm sure the 25 min of riding took care of alot of those bringing the total calories down to 1500 or less.

Lisa, Lady, Reina....hope you're doing well and staying on track so far this week. Check in as soon as you can ok?

Bye for now

MIKI
Old 03-26-2003, 10:23 AM   #59  
I will make it!

Last night I exercised for 20 minutes for a distance of 7 km I ate above 1500 cals...yes I finished off the riesen chocolate chews for a total of 1610 cals and 32 grams of fat! At least there are no more tempatations left in my house to eat up.

Miki..that was good exercising mowing the lawn..I bet you will be a little sore today.

Other than that...I am still at it...trying to stay focused .... I feel good when I exercise regularly...lots of energy .... I hope I can see a loss on the bloody scale this weekend.

Ok ...I gotta get back to work...Have a good OP day everyone

Cyan
Old 03-26-2003, 10:55 AM   #60  

Hey Ladies, Hope you are all doing good today. Sorry for the absence, I have been kind of swamped at home, with daily stuff piling up...

Miki, sounds like those Cashews were really calling your name, my motto, is if you go back for the second look, buy them, take 2 servings out and save those, and give the rest away at work or to a neighbor!
Good to hear that you are still accountable for you actions, so keep up the good work and it will turn out for the best for you. By the way, You are one svelt looking lady in your new picture. You better start getting used to that word THIN!!!!!!

Debee, I wish I could say, that I have gone back to curves, now it is a matter of nerve and desire right now!!! I am really going to try to get there today, I need to burn off some frustration
Sounds like your menu selections are on target, so I am sure you are back OP today!! Keep up the good work!

Taiwan, Beautiful pics, and it sounds like you are doing great OP with your working out and your menu selections! Keep up the good work and for sure you will see a loss this week....

Cyan, or shall I call you Maki C??, keep up the working out, I am losing that feeling, but I promise I will get there...

It is only Wednesday, and it feels like Monday! This week is going by sooooo slow, I weigh in tomorrow, and I have already succumbed to the fact that I will not reach the 185 goal by Sunday, so I am a little disappointed in myself, but I TAKE TOTAL BLAME HERE. I couldn't get myself to do anything that I wanted....I get so bummed out around my birthday, that I lose all motivation to do anything.

TODAY'S GOAL
1. To Drink my 64oz of water
2. To eat very very light today.
3. To get my gluteus maximus to Curves!!!

Have a great day ladies!!
Closed Thread