Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 06:06 PM   #61  

Hi ladies,

Today was pretty good so far...breakfast was three slices of pepperidge farm whole wheat light (45 calories per slice) with one pat of butter...I was so good about doing without butter a few weeks ago...I think that is why I was losing..but butter is back! Must try to limit it. Lunch was a cup of veggie soup with some parm cheese on top. Pre-dinner snack was popcorn and some carrots with hummus. All nuts are out of the house (expect dh, lol) Miki, those cashews are evil. They cry out to be eaten. Some foods just get in your brain and don't leave...chocolate, chips, nuts...why don't carrots and celery cause cravings? Maybe I 'll start telling myself how fattening carrot sticks are and then that will be all I want. Worth a try.

Reina, please don't get depressed about your birthday...just think of yourself like fine wine..getting more complex, mellow and interesting over time. Motivation is so hard and really comes from deep within ourselves....lets really try to motivate eachother and more importantly ourselves to ourselves. Hope you made it to curves today...we will keep you honest.

Deana, hope you are still eating and exercising on program. Remember how good it felt when you were losing weight and getting compliments.

Cyan, I am very happy those chocolate cashews are all gone. I am really going to try not to buy those goodies...how about you? Don't tempt those tastebuds. Let them know the party is over and it is sushi time.

Here are a few of my goals for next month...

1. April 4- Big country club dinner we are invited to that I am trying to fit into a size 8 hot pink dress. I wanted to be 121 but I will settle now for 126.

2. April 12-Trip to Florida to see my older sister and take vacation. Wanted to be 118 will settle for 124 and hopefully my tummy won't look too bad in a bathing suit.

3. With nicer weather, try to add more exercise to my life...walks with kids, tennis, gardening and lawn work, yoga.

4. Have my big hollywood party at the end of the month for our new basement and media room. By April 27 try to be 120 and fit in a marilyn monroe type dress.

5. To get my picture on this web site and e-mail everyone a before and after photo.

6. Try to be better about buying junk food, fast food and make wiser choices when eating out.

Lisa, Lady hope to hear form you soon.

Deb
1/3-141 sw, 3/26-128.8cw, 6/18 110gw
Old 03-26-2003, 06:50 PM   #62  

Hi,

I was just surfing around the website. Does anyone want to join me in this (3fatchicks) chatroom at 9p.m. tonight ? I'll be there and see if anyone shows up in the main room.
Old 03-26-2003, 09:03 PM   #63  

My outcome for the day was 1304 calories but with 78 fat grams!!!! Bet ya cant guess why....those stupid cashews Made up my mind I cant have anymore tho. I told Phil either he could have the rest and hide them or I'm throwing them in the trash.

My sister and I did walk a mile again today. Josh and Luke went to church tonite but when they get home, I'll have my workout with Josh also. My legs, especially the calves, are sore today from that and the mowing.

Reina, girl, dont even tell me YOU"RE depressed about your birthday! I just turned 40 remember??? You're still just a young chick..I'd be thrilled. And ya know what?? Being 40 isnt bad after all...I've actually enjoyed it all so far. I hope you made it to Curves today. Remember how you were really feeling so good when you were going?? If you didnt go today, the next spare time you have, just head up there. I promise you'll be glad you did.

Debee, sounds like you have a very busy and fun-filled April planned. Just make posting that pic a priority ok?? I laughed at your comment about the nutty dh..

Cyan, hope you had a good day at work. I'm am just sure you'll show a loss this week. You've been really motivated lately with your exercise and even when the scale hasnt shown a loss, you havent given up...there's no way that determination wont eventually pay off.

If at all possible, I'll try to go to the chat room tonite around 9. It will just depend if Josh and I have finished exercising by then.
I think it would be fun if we could all make it there some time.

Well gotta go for now..

MIKI
Old 03-26-2003, 09:14 PM   #64  
SW164 CW138 24lbs to Goal

Hi Everyone!
Boy! This has been a busy week! I've been working everyday helping to pack up the store, and trying to set up the paperwork for my little business. Today was my last day at Gateway and tomorrow I tutor my 2nd student; next Tuesday I will tutor my 3rd! If those three students pass my name onto their friends, I'll be on my way. Wheeeee!
Exercise has been a little off this week, I've run twice and hope to get the last three days in between now and Sunday. My diet has been ok, tho. I've been around 1200. I am still at 138, hope to lose another pound by Monday.

Taiwan, I love your picture!

Lady
Old 03-26-2003, 09:41 PM   #65  

I am so sorry that I didn't get to the chat room until now. Jimmy woke up with a nightmare about spiders and as I was trying to calm him down I lost track of time. I will try to go back there now as I am on the laptop watching the new Bachelor show.

Lady just think that if those three students told three friends and they told three friends and they told three friends pretty soon Bill Gates will have to watch out!
Old 03-26-2003, 10:45 PM   #66  

Debee, sorry I couldnt make it! The nite just got away from me and I still have things to do before bedtime. We'll try again soon tho for sure!!

Lady, sounds like you're going to be one busy lady now that you're unemployed..lol Im really happy for you and the progress you're already making with this new job venture. Way to go!!

Lisa, good luck with your new patient! Come post when you can.

Taiwan, Drink that water. You're motivating me to do the same.

Cjunk where are you???

Well all...looking forward to hearing from everyone again tomorrow...goodnite for now.

MIKI
Old 03-27-2003, 09:06 AM   #67  
I will make it!

Angry Good Morning Ladies

Last night once again I cycled for 20 minutes for a distance of 7km. My calories were good at 1425 and 50 grams of fat...I thought the fat grams were high too...always somewhere to improve I guess.

Sorry I missed the chat buy by the time I checked for new messages..its was past 9pm....the evenings fly by for me.

Tomorrow I take my Mom to the hospital for her pre operation blood work and heart test...It will be another friggin morning of trying to control my Mother and waiting around for us to be called...I wish I was going to work instead.

Lady glad to hear that all is going well for you...good luck with your new business.

Miki keep up with the exercising..you are doing so well.

Hey Debee...all those chocolate Riesen chocolate chews are finally gone...thank goodness...next time I go to the pharmacy..they will stay there...they called out my name the last time...I went to buy carnation instant breakfast and my hand reached down for a bag of the Riesen as well... Its as if my hand had a mind of its own.

Ok Ladies as usual...I am at work...gotta go get some of it done.

Cyan
Old 03-28-2003, 04:17 PM   #68  

Hi,

Well today is weigh-in for me and it was not good...I have not even lost one pound in the past two weeks. I am still at 129 and I know it is because I just have not been as motivated and cheated, cheated, cheated! Yes, I cheated with the cashews this week and last night I went to Cracker Barrel and had biscuits (3), cornbread, a rueben sandwich and fries and then bought candy! I felt sick afterwards...I think my stomach really does not greasy fattening food any more...my tastebuds just did not get the message yet! I try to be good during the week but I go off track and then the weekends are a free for all. I need to get back to two weeks ago when I was better at controling portion size...even of the fattening stuff. When I am losing weight it is such a boost to myr self-esteem and my attitude improves but when I don't I feel like I failed myself. It gets me so mad that I do not have more willpower. Any suggestions on how to get motivated again?

What I did bad this week

1. Ate every kind of nut in the house...cashews, walnuts.
2. Ate too much cheese.
3. Started using butter again.
4. Ate out at unhealthy restuarants.
5. Did not make up for my overeating by exercising more.
6. Ate cookies and candy.

What I did good this week

1. Tried to post here everyday.
2. Walked to the bus stop almost every day
3. Raked leaves for exercise
4. When food shopping brought mostly healthy items.
5. Everyday tried again ...even when I failed the night before.

Sw141,cw for the past two weeks 129, gw110.

Tonight we are going out to dinner and I am really going to try to be good about what I order...maybe a soup and salad and some chicken.

Cyan, I hope everything goes well with your mom.

Deana, how did your weigh-in go today?

Miki, how was the basketball game...soon we will see you in the NBA.

Lady, busy is good!
Lisa, Betty, and cjunk hope you post soon!
Old 03-28-2003, 10:22 PM   #69  

Just a quick hello. Lost half a lb this week...was hoping for more but I guess that's better than a gain or nothing at all. Gotta work tomorrow so not much of a weekend for me. Hope you all have a good one!

MIKI
Old 03-29-2003, 12:38 PM   #70  
I will make it!

Angry Happy Weekend

I have been under 1500 cals this week and exercised 5 out of the 7 past pays. Well I weighed myself this week and not a pound I lost this week. Big Sigh...I will keep at it and if my next week...if I dont lose a pound...I may have to go in for blood work to see if my thyroid is working properly. And if that turns out normal...I may have to slowly bring myself to 1200 cals...and 40 grams of fat....we shall see what happens then.\

Hope all is doing well...Oh good news...I found skinny cow ice cream sandwiches at Costco here in Montreal...except they call them slim cow here LOL...oh well the logo is the same so I know its Skinny Cow.

Talk to you later

Cyan
Old 03-29-2003, 09:42 PM   #71  

Hello all. How is everything. I am so sorry!!! I am so stressed and busy busy busy!! I didn't even try to catch up on all the posts.

It's almost the start of a new week. I've got to start getting on track! I'm doing horribly in the food department. I just eat whatever and whenever I want. Of course, I don't have as much time as I used to to just sit and eat, so that is good.

I miss you all so much. I really really do! I only have four more weeks of school! Do you believe that????? It's gone by so fast! Then I get about 3 weeks off and then I'm taking 8hours in the summer!!!! But that will be at night so I will have the days with my kids.

I need to make a schedule so that I have to check in here at least every other day. Last week I was living on about 4 to 5 hours of sleep each night. I didn't know if I was going to make it. But, no doubt about it, I love nursing! I am very pleased with my choice.

Well, I haven't weighed myself in about a month or more. I'm afraid to. Monday morning I think I will take the plunge and then I will get back on track.

Also, if you don't see me here at least every other day, e-mail me!!!
[email protected]

Thanks
Lisa
Old 03-29-2003, 11:44 PM   #72  

Lisa, is that you??? When was that pic taken?? Glad you found time to join us. I know you're very busy these days. It'll be great when you have several weeks off. Then you'll definitely have to get on track! ( if not before )

Cyan, sorry to hear you still didnt show a loss. I just dont understand that at all. Please dont get too discouraged. I know it has to be difficult to keep it up when the scales dont seem to be encouraging. I think the blood work is a good idea.

Well, it's late. Just watched "Ghost Ship" on DVD. Very strange movie. Worked today, went to the tanningbed, then Phil, the kids and I went out to eat. Had grilled steak, baked potato, salad, and bread. Tomorrow I'll have to cut back again.

Hope you're all having a pleasant weekend.

MIKI
Old 03-30-2003, 10:39 AM   #73  

Hello again. Yes, the picture is of me on my wedding day in September of 1996.

Debee had asked my gallbladder story. So, here it goes. Soon after my son was born, (three and a half years ago), I started having a dull, hollow ache in my right upper quadrant. I just chalked it up to aches and pains at first, but then it got worse and more annoying. I went to the dr and he ordered a sonogram. The sono found nothing and the dr just said it was probably gas. Well, a few months later, I was out of town and the pain started but after 9 hours it was still there and I couldn't sleep. I went to the emergency room where they had me drink some yucky stuff to see if it was my stomach. It was not. The doctor at the ER said I was probably having a gallbladder attack and to see my doctor when I got back to town. (he also gave me some pain meds). My doctor back home once again said it was probably gas. SO, I changed doctors eventually, but still lived with the pain becuase by this time I felt really silly and stupid if it was just gas, or whatever. Well, one night I ate a really greasy fatty meal at Denny's. I ended up being up all night with horrible pain that I believed to be acid reflux because it was going all the way up into my chest! It was horrible. A couple of days later I was talking to my Anatomy and Physiology teacher about it and he asked about my gallbladder. A light bulb went off so I went to the doctor. She ordered a sonogram where they found 2 very large stones. (about the size of grapes). Now, this was 3 years after I started having the pain. In January, I had it taken out and I have my stones on my desk. I've had no pain since then......however....
this leads me into my ambulance story. Since I had my gallbladder out, I've had more frequent bowel movements. Especially after eating fatty foods. Well, once spring break hit, I was eating just about every bad thing out there. I don't think I cooked once during the break and I was eating fast food, ice cream and candy bars every day. Well, my mom came into town on Wednesday night and on Thursday morning she just had to get Krispy Creme doughnuts. I ate four of them. YUMMY! Well, it was 7:30 in the morning and we were at the Home Depot getting stuff to finish my hard wood floors. I had started having a stomach ache like I needed to go to the bathroom. So, I went. I had some diarrhea, hoped that was it and went back to the front of the store where my mom was. By the time I got to my mom, I was feeling sick again. I headed off to the bathroom again, this time quickly because I didnt' know if I would make it. Once at the bathroom, I realized I was very sick. After the diarrhea had got going, I started sweating. Not just beading sweat, but dripping sweat. My shirt was soaked with sweat. My stomach was in the worst possible pain and then I started getting dizzy and I couldn't hear things started to close in on me. I imagined myself falling face first onto the floor with my naked butt up in the air. Someone had come into the bathroom and I knew that this was my chance to get help. I started to ask for help, but I couldn't speak. All my mental faculties were a little impaired. Finally, I was able to get out a feeble "I need help. call 911." She started to freak out and then called 911. Turns out she was an employee. Then, I started vomiting all over the floor. I was shaky and crying and I thought I was going to die. Then, I realized I needed to tell her my mom was in the store. She probably thought I had downs syndrome, because I couldn't make my mouth say the words I wanted to say. It was very difficult. Finally my mom comes, ambulance comes...by the time I'm in the ambulance I feel better and by the time I got to the hospital, I'm laughing and very embarrassed. So, after that, my mom and I finished my hard wood floors.

That's all for now.
Lisa
Old 03-30-2003, 03:23 PM   #74  
I will make it!

Talking Happy Birthday Reina

Hope your birthday celebrations are a fun ocaision for you...looking forward to hearing all about it tomorrow!

Not much to report this weekend...except lots of house cleaning and I also cycled on saturday...for 10 minutes..I got interrupted and never got back to it...but I plan on doing a regular session tonight on the bike.

My eating was good except on saturday...I had a greek souvlaki platter which was fine..but I at lots and lots of tzatziki ... and its made with yogurt and sour cream... so my total for saturday in cals for the day was 1826 and 86 grams of fat

I weighed myself this morning and I am still 166...although the other morning I weighed in at 170...I dont understand how my weight can fluctuate by so much and so often. I hope to break the 166 barrier soon. I hope the force is with me

Anyway...as for today...Sunday...its going fine ...I am well under 1200 cals and 26 cals for the whole day..I havent had dinner yet but its planned out...sigh...the hardships of losing weight.

Hey Lisa...great wedding pic...you look marvelous...my dear! And wow on that ambulance story...I think your body was sending you a big message.....And congrats on your school accomplishments...You are one smart cookie.

Miki you are right...staying the same weight is better than gaining for sure....stay strong, focused and motivated.

Debee ditto for you...keep at it.

Lady...let us know how you did for monday's weigh-in.

Rightyeo..gonna get back to my chores...check back in on monday!

Bye
Cyan
Old 03-30-2003, 09:44 PM   #75  

Happy Birthday Reina! Hope it was a good one!

Cyan, glad to hear your day is going well today calories-wise. Better than mine, for sure. I didnt really have anything bad..just several things here and there which adds up. I do better when I plan it out rather than snitch a bite here and there all day. I did walk 2 miles tho so hoping that got rid of some of it.

Lisa, WOW girl! What an experience you had! I'm glad it turned out to be nothing serious. I'm sure it was scary for you and for your mom. Did you have a C-section? I had my gallbladder attack after my 2nd C-section..exactly 6 weeks after..and I was told that they dont know why but that alot of the time, women have problems with gallbladder after a C-section. Weird huh? And like you, the ER doc told me mine was probably just acid buildup and sent me home the first time. 12 hrs later I was back still in severe pain which had never let up since I had been the first time and that week is when I ended up having mine removed. I've never had any after-affects of it like you're experiencing tho.

Well, I was going to post more individual messages but Josh just came in ready for our exercise time. I guess thats good cuz I honestly hadnt planned on doing it tonite . He's keeping me accountable for sure!

Ya'll have a good Monday!

MIKI
Closed Thread