Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #121  

I ate a little earlier today than I have been. Trying to see if that curbs the hungries and chocolate cravings. So far so good. And hopefully ovulation is well over with, so that will help too. I am sick of being hungry this week. "Hungry sucks". That's my new slogan I think. No, maybe it should be "Hungry Bites"
Hunger can bite my @ss.
Okay, I am cracking myself up
Old 04-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #122  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Jo - I am so glad you found too many dresses you liked instead of not enough That's a great shopping experience!!! "hungry bites" sounds like a snack food, That would so not help me! LOL!!!!

Krystal - Hope you have an amazing anniversary! Yay on being down on the scale!

Alaskan - Great job hitting the gym!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone

I have been busy busy busy Scale read 220 this morning That is the wrong direction. My calories have been on plan but my sodium has been a little high. since my calories have been OK this must be just water weight. Given time it will come back off again.

Larry
Old 04-13-2012, 08:06 AM   #124  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Morning,

Weekly tally

Weight 147, no change
Walked 28 miles
Upper body strength training, so far 2 times this week and planning on doing a session today

Lots of personal stuff going on and it is keeping me busy. I am being tested this week if I can go without eating for comfort so far, I am winning, but that remains to be seen. Trying my hardest!

Krystal, I hope you had a great anniversary!

Have a fab day my friends!
Old 04-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #125  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Quickly checking in before I head out this a.m.

I didn't want to ruin a hiking day, so I didn't weigh today

Thanks for the anniversary wishes. We have 1 more day to celebrate...this time w/out FOOD! We are going to play tennis and take our K9s to a park about 2 a hour drive from our house. I promise, we do more with these 2 pups than many people I know do with their kiddos!

Work tomorrow night. Happy OP day to all

So far, idk if this Thyroid Support is working or not. I am still symptomatic

Last edited by K9Owner; 04-13-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #126  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
I ate a little earlier today than I have been. Trying to see if that curbs the hungries and chocolate cravings. So far so good. And hopefully ovulation is well over with, so that will help too. I am sick of being hungry this week. "Hungry sucks". That's my new slogan I think. No, maybe it should be "Hungry Bites"
Hunger can bite my @ss.
Okay, I am cracking myself up
This had me cracking up!!
Like Star, I think this sounds like some kind of evil snack food!!
Old 04-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #127  
~Star~

Sum - Hope your personal stuff clears up quickly and you are able to totally say you triumphed over comfort eating

Krystal - Sounds like you have been having an awesome, but busy time celebrating! That's so awesome!!!

Last night I held DS hostage and had him do Tae Bo (my DH surprised me with a new one) with me last night, I used weighted gloves. After we were burning from every muscle after 60 mins of that... DS and I proceeded to take the dog for a good walk so DH wouldn't have to worry about doing it before he went to work last night It was also a great cool down for us.. win-win!
Have a great day all!
Old 04-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #128  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

just checking in...did my usual errands this morning and housecleaning...put in 60 minutes of high incline walking like usual...have not been very hungry today which is odd, not head hunger or real hunger...and usually its the head hunger that gets to me...im finding that i really need to have something in my mouth, like chewing gum seems to help me deal with not eating all the time...and once i spit it out, it's not long before i want to eat something and i think it's that need to be chewing things...odd, never noticed that before about myself

ive been bringing a salad to work every afternoon so i wont eat the snacky stuff we serve to the students...its a bag of romaine lettuce and a bag of sliced tomatoes (those ziplock baggies) and i can add dressing at work...so far it's helping me steer clear of MOST of the junk around work

i really REALLY want to get down to 190....been hovering 195-197 for a long time now
Old 04-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #129  

I had a busy day yesterday, sorry, not much time for posting.
I didn't log food yesterday, but know I was well within my calorie goals, in my head anyways. I ate dinner after 9:00 last night and was greeted with the lovely 170.0 on my scale this morning, grrr. It is like that damn annoying friend that just won't shut up! Ah well, yesterday I was at 168.4, so I will call it a wash for the week and chalk today's weight to eating late and not drinking enough yesterday. I have a feeling I will be "stuck" until TOM is over, which is still about a week away, so I will just try to stick with the program and not fuss over the scale. Can't wait until I am firmly into the 160s though.

I get to get dressed up tonight for a dinner/charity auction so I am excited. I am going to get a run in first, continue attacking this house (that went to crap because I was out shopping for 3 days in a row this week), and then I plan to spend a couple hours pampering myself and getting ready for tonight.
I won't spike today, will probably move it to tomorrow or I may just skip it this week, not sure yet.
Okay, gotta run

Last edited by jomatho; 04-14-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:17 AM   #130  
~Krystal~

to all of my beautiful friends this weekend!
I hope you all have a lovely weekend. Try to get outside and do something fun with your family, if possible!

AFM: I'm working tonight
I have manage to get an ingrown toenail on my left big toe and my runs this week have been limited
I'm attempting an apple detox for 3 days. I need to try to rid my body of some yuckiness!!
Old 04-14-2012, 12:24 PM   #131  
~Star~

Jo - Shopping for 3 days doesn't sound like a waste to me, but utter, total fun! It does tend to make housework pile up a bit though I hope you enjoy getting all gussied up for the charity event, sounds great!

Krystal - Here is hoping for a super smooth shift for you Good luck on the detox.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #132  

I ran a 10k today!!!
I was going to run the typical for me 3ish miles, but I was feeling so good, I kept going and going and going.

Star, yes, shopping was somewhat fun, but exhausting and sometimes frustrating at the same time. At least I found something, that is the important thing. How's your monthly mileage goal going? Tomorrow is halfway there!

K9, so sorry to hear about your toe, that's a real downer. Did you get it out of there? Fingers crossed for an uneventful night for you! What on earth is an apple detox?

Sum, are you fasting at all this weekend?
Old 04-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #133  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
I ran a 10k today!!!
I was going to run the typical for me 3ish miles, but I was feeling so good, I kept going and going and going.

K9, so sorry to hear about your toe, that's a real downer. Did you get it out of there? Fingers crossed for an uneventful night for you! What on earth is an apple detox?

JO!!! You go girl!!

I was cleaning my feet (I hate ugly feet) & somehow managed to poke the side of it with a very sharp pair of tweezers! OUCH!! I didn't think much about it. It didn't even really hurt that much at the time, but I went to bed and woke up with it very angry and irritated. The hike yesterday & Thursday made it 20x worse!

There are 2 different Apple Cleanse sites I was referred to by a couple of friends. I am NOT doing it as a weight loss strategy, moreso as a strategy to get my calories and SODIUM back under control, as well as cleanse my colon cavity! Is that TMI??

Apple Cleanse 1

Apple Cleanse 2

How I'm choosing to do this:
1. I didn't buy organic apples, but I did purchase Yellow, Jazz, Fuji, and Gala.
2. I made up a Triple Nut mix from Raw Pecans, Raw Sliced Almonds, & Roasted Pistachios & will eat 1 serving (1/2 cup) 3-4times a day. I wish I had had some raw pistachios, b/c the roasted ones have sodium, but I figure 160g is a H-e-double hockey stix better than the 4100g I ate yesterday!
3. I probably will not drink all of that "warm" water. I do well drinking 64-80 oz/day. My water intake is not my problem.

I hope I will be able to hack this for 3 days. Apples really aren't "my bag".

Last edited by K9Owner; 04-14-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:21 PM   #134  
~Krystal~

This cleanse will never work for me for too many reasons I can't discuss atm! Esp @ work!!
Old 04-15-2012, 01:06 AM   #135  
~Star~

Jo - So far I am on target for my mileage; especially with translating bootcamps and tae bo into mileage too - great idea ladies! I am so glad you found stuff you liked..and I bet your rock that dress!!!

Krystal - I totally understand about the cleanses. I do a juice cleansing once a year for that very reason. Not the cravings and such, but for clearing any build up of toxins. Mine I schedule at the beginning of May. I usually do it for a period of 3-5 days, depending on the way I am feeling while doing it. I have a feeling I know "why" you can't do while working... same reason I start mine on weekends when I don't have to report to work... when the colon starts to push out toxins, you can't... ummm... stop it? LOL!

As for me - Holy cow! What a calorie burning day! I didn't wear my HRM for any of it, so no idea what I burned, but...
Started with a BUNCH of walking! We were at the kennels/humane society for some research my daughter had to do for a project for school... we ended up getting a dog (DH was not totally on board at the start, but, now he's attached, lol). Then once home (4 hrs later) we had an early supper so DH could FINALLY get some sleep after working all night. Once the belly settled, DS and I did the extreme ab bootcamp.. then, because we are total masochists (and extremely competitive with each other), we also did 40 mins of the Ultimate bootcamp. I couldn't finish, but I went until I was worn down to the point where I felt I would pass out,
THEN.. after a half hour to cool down, DS and I took the doggies out for a good long walk. :O Talk about a good day!
Closed Thread