Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #31  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I think I made it! I did a lot of shopping and many, many errands. Now I will start prepping dinner, and I will eat 5:30 sharp

I am really surprised that I did not give in, considering I have been up 13 hours.

Star; do you get up each day this early?
Old 04-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #32  

Whew, I have managed to keep myself busy as a bee today and now I only have 1 hour left to go for my 24 hour fast. By time I finish this post and get dinner going, it will be time to eat, I'm so excited

I got a 45 minute walk in today, I cut it short because I get so bored without my gf, and then I had to pee too, oh well, close enough. If felt good to get some of the soreness worked out. All I could think about on my walk (besides that I had to go to the bathroom) is that I am so thankful to be able to be upping the intensity of my workouts again, it really feels awesome. And I am not even doing half of what I was, but I will get there.

Sum, a huge to you for getting off those meds. That is so much bigger than any number on the scale (even though that is looking good this week for you too!). That tells you that what you are doing is having an effect that you cannot taste or see or feel, but that effect is huge!
Great job on your fast today! Fast 5 tomorrow?

Larry,way to get right back at it today, you can do this, you are better than that food you are craving. Your breakfast sounded yummy but it made me think of a mug brownie recipe I used to make

Star, for some reason, fasting comes pretty easily for me, on the 24 hour ones, I don't really even feel any hunger until about 20-23 hours. Today, it has just been the last hour or so, and not terrible, just that I notice it. The other types of IF, like fast 5 (a 5 hour eating window) or Leangains (an 8 hour eating window) are very much like I normally eat. At times, I am just pushing back my first meal a bit. I really like it a lot and it is good to know I don't have to eat 6 small meals a day like people always preach. Now, when I was working, I had to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. Not sure why I was hungrier, but I was. I also gained a lot of weight the years I worked. working is bad for my waistline.

Krystal, what swimsuit did you get, are there pics online we can see? I bet you are going to look amazing!
Old 04-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #33  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Sum - I get up every weekday that early, not on the weekends though Congrats on getting it done!!!! That is amazing timeframe for a fast! Great job!!!!

Jo - That's awesome! To not just be able to do it, but then not feel the hunger until the end is amazing! Awesome job!!!!
Old 04-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #34  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Jo: I got the Maldives Triangle Top in Pacific Blue
with the Skirted Bottom in Pacific Blue
from VS
Old 04-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
Krystal

I checked the link you posted and you being a cardiac care nurse should know better than to expose a poor guy like me that has had cardiac bypass to that picture. My bradycardia has resolved itself after seeing that.

It could have been FATAL!!

Larry

Last edited by Larry H; 04-02-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #36  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post
Krystal

I checked the link you posted and you being a cardiac care nurse should know better than to expose a poor guy like me that has had cardiac bypass to that picture. My bradycardia has resolved itself after seeing that.

It could have been FATAL!!

Larry
OOPS! Glad it wasn't me in the suit in that pic. My significantly over-extended water-weighted abdomen would have really had you in cardiac arrest!!!
Old 04-02-2012, 11:34 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

A great day today!! I am back on plan my calorie intake was 1039

I will weigh in tomorrow and I expect the eye surgeon will give me clearance to resume my exercise when I see him on Thursday,

Larry
Old 04-03-2012, 01:55 AM   #38  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

after three days off running being busy elsewhere, i went back to run today...it wasn't pleasant....that SAME pain behind my knee returned quickly even though it hadnt bothered me for those three days off....its a pain at the back base of my knee like where it's connected to the top of my calf...ive never had something like that happen before

i ran at 5.0 briefly and it flared up...i walked a bit and tried a faster speed, 5.5, and it was worse...so i settled for walking the rest of the time at a high incline...my leg still bothers me tonight...not sure what's up with that

my breakfast about an hour to 1 1/2 hours before i run is either a homemade protein shake, or two pieces of toast with peanut butter and a bit of honey, or some oatmeal with dates and walnuts...i try to make sure i eat something every morning that i plan to run

i think i need to take it down a notch, maybe go back to running 4.7 speed and try for distance instead of speed for awhile....not sure...never encountered this before

and when it initially happened last week, i wasnt doing anything different, harder or anything...and i thought it was a major cramp...now im not sure...
Old 04-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #39  
~Star~

Krystal - CUTE suit!!!! You will be able to rock that thing!!!!

Larry - Great job staying on plan!!!

Alaskan - I don't know enough to offer any advice on that, but betting maybe Krystal could offer up something helpful??

Last night I did Bootcamp Abs with BOTH my daughters (the word "ouch" was heard a lot) since my wrist calmed a bit from the flare - I wanted to take advantage of it. Then did a 10 min dance cool down. It really does help to stretch them afterwards. 5 solid hours of sleep last night, and will be in to work early today. Have to do some extra time in order to be able to leave earlier on Friday (my youngest's birthday). Have a great day all!!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 07:52 AM   #40  

Krystal, that suit is adorable and I love the color too. I know you look good in that color because of your scrub top in you avatar. My suit looks like a tent compared to that one I hope you rock that suit and your new body, you so deserve it!

Larry, you missed Krystal's before and during/after photos in last months thread, talk about hot! That bikini model has nothing on Krystal!

Sum, hope you got some much needed sleep last night! Great job on your fast yesterday.

Star, yeah, I think keeping busy has a lot to do with not being as hungry. That applies whether you are fasting or not, at least for me. So do you have birthday plans for your DD? You said the 6th right? How is your challenge going?
ETA: I just saw your post, I guess you are doing well with your challenge!!!!!

AFM, going to try to get my hour walk in before the rain rolls in for the day. I think I will do the core challenge tomorrow because I have to take DS to the doctor later this morning.

Has anyone else finished any of our challenges for this week?

Last edited by jomatho; 04-03-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #41  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Morning

Weight stayed the same after my 24 h fast, 147 lbs. I think I did not drink enough yesterday.
Today's plan is to hydrate myself with loads of water and do 19/5. I will also try to do Krystal's challenge today. I won't like her very much today.
I am walking as well, I have not decided if it is going to be 5.5 miles or 7.5 miles. I am getting so addicted to my walks.

Krystal
That bathingsuit is awesome! You will be the babe of the beach! -- And YES; I wanna see pictures of you in it!! Do it, do it!! Larry, you need to see her in a bikini , but I would make you Krystal has buns of steel!! I am not jealous at all

Star Nice burn! Are you sore at all? -- My DD did some strength training a few days back and she has been moaning non stop

Jo 19/5 today? -- I woke up and I wanted to eat, I even went on MFP and calculated if I were to have an english muffin with ham and egg But I decided to have my coffee with 1 TBS of cream which is allowed I did stay in bed till 9:20 am; which never happens. It felt GREAT! -- I am about to take my walk and then I will have a nice big lunch. I am not hungry but I was just craving for something. -- Someone posted on E-S-E thread that they have realized that they really weren't hungry all those years, it was more of a habit of just eating. That now she knows when she is hungry vs. cravings.

Larry I am soooo glad you are back and OP!

So I am off. Everyone have a fab and fit day!

Old 04-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #42  
~Krystal~

I decided last night as I was sitting with dumb bells in each hand that this streak of overeating must STOP! I really really wanted to call up a couple MD friends and ask for some Phen--which I know is NOT the answer, but it sure would give me some appetite control for a few days! I didn't, of course.

I attempted to do the arm/ab challenges last night. I actually was more successful w/Jo's arm routine than my own!
I managed 8 set of skips with my jump rope @ 50 each for a total of 400 high knees (don't get too excited, this is 1/2 of what I can typically do at a time. It's usually 100, but not last night!!)
My Plank attempt was pathetic! I lasted 3 sets at 50 min each time. I was doing 90 sec. I'm not sure when I done these last--maybe last week or at most 9 days ago. However long it's been, it was too long in between workouts!

So, this is what I plan to do:
1. Get my eating act together!! I will NOT eat out today or Wednesday. (Thurs-Sat, I will be camping and will not have a choice but to eat out). I will leave all of my change and my debit card at home tonight when I go to work. No way I can go to the cafeteria for if I have no $$.

2. I WILL run on Friday in town while my family is fishing. (I hadn't plan to run while camping.)

3. I will redo the Core Challenge one day this week. I think it's only proper to set a good example for the rest of you. How do I expect to challenge someone else, when I myself cannot even do what I am challenging everyone else to do??

Kristiina: I think it is so awesome that you can fast like you do every day! I so want to be in the same ballpark as you and Jo with my eating. We are the same weight today

Jo: There were a couple of one pieces on the VS site that I really really liked. They were like mini-dresses. Soooo adorable! I really don't have the self-confidence to sport a real bikini, never a tie-up kind or anything high-cut on my thigh. I always feel like I need to accentuate the assess. Less is defo not always more! I do wear a real bikini to lay out in at my sis's pool when NO ONE except my niece and nephews are there. I usually wear tankinis to pool parties and such. We are pool rats, so I am there 2-4x/week!!

Star: i had no idea about your wrist. I promise, it seems like I am having more blonde moments lately since turning my hair brown!!!
I hope it is better soon, so that you can participate in more activities you love….you know tennis season is HERE!!! I so wanna play! Have you played recently? I'll have to actually find a new partner

Alaskan: I am drawing a blank on this leg situation! Shin splint pain is usually on the anterior part of the leg. It can extend laterally or medially, but not to the back of the leg where the calf is located. If this pain persists, you may need an xray of it. I hate you are having so much trouble with running, especially since you love it!! Feel better soon!!

Larry: I'm so glad to see you're back OP!! Grab my hand--quickly!!! I want to be back OP too!!

I'm off for now. I have to prepare lunch for tonight and then nap before work!
Hope you all have an awesome NO EXCUSES Tuesday!!
Old 04-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #43  
~Star~

Jo - DD's birthday is the 6th, but we are celebrating Saturday. Easier on us that way. Nothing big for plans, just cake, presents, and letting her have a few people over. Hope you enjoy the walk and the core challenge I plan on hitting the strength one tonight after work if all goes well

Sum - My lower abdominals hurt last night, but seem to be good today. No idea how DD is doing after it, I leave for work before she is up for school...though I am not going to lie, I am curious, Isn't it fun to watch our kids, who are young enough they should be able to exceed us, try to just keep up with us? LOL! There is a NSV right there that brings me much joy :P

Krystal - Sounds like you have all your ducks in a row for what you want to accomplish, that's half the battle!!!!! You can fight the temptations, you have the drive You are fine for not knowing, I don't normally complain on here when I have arthritic flares - to me it just sounds like excuses... instead, you will probably figure it out when you see "alternatives" thrown in the mix...that way there is no excuses, only work-arounds I am grateful it wasn't my knee and hip hitting the same time again, I did NOT want to go on chemotherapy and injections again... super sucky. I haven't been able to do tennis since the flare hit... but seems to be on downward slant now... just have to make sure not to overdue it and I should be able to in a couple weeks though! I live in AZ... it's tennis season all year LOL! Do you work with anyone who likes tennis? Maybe you could find a partner there??
Old 04-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #44  
~Krystal~

Much better day so far today. If I can just make it through the next 5 hrs at work, I will be doing good! I can restart a new day @ MN. It is sad when you have to leave all your $ @ home so you will not buy junk!
I have resorted to this, but I will do it

for all, esp .::mE::.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
Much better day so far today. If I can just make it through the next 5 hrs at work, I will be doing good! I can restart a new day @ MN. It is sad when you have to leave all your $ @ home so you will not buy junk!
I have resorted to this, but I will do it

for all, esp .::mE::.
Here's some more for you
I am proud of you! Way to find a solution that works.
Closed Thread