Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #76  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

In all honesty I sometimes wonder why I stay fat...
I think I need to get one of those body bug things...

Here was my day.
I walked the puppy, 5.6 miles around 4mph. Took 12000 steps
Fertilized the lawn, weeded some, cooked some, cleaned some and shopped some 11750 steps and it is only 6 pm

Total calories so far around 950, and planning on having maybe 500-600 calorie dinner.

So my total steps for today, so far 23750; meaning I have not really sat down since my morning coffee....

I bet I have burned atleast 2500 calories (1100 by taking steps and 1400 just to stay alive ), maybe more And today is totally a typical day for me....

Last edited by Sum38; 04-06-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #77  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i fasted from 6:30 p.m. to 8 a.m. this morning...i dont like it...it set me up to binge bigtime today...im still struggling at 3 p.m. not to eat everything in sight...i had coffee this morning at the conference, then a big bagel with spread, THEN a muffin...THEN i ate half a wrap/sandwich thing from the store...THEN some cereal and milk with my students...and for me that is A.LOT to be eating particularly with the urge to eat everything in sight...

i think i need to stick to what's been working for me....something small but substantial around 9 a.m....then a workout...then a small nonfat sugarfree mocha at noon when i go to work...then fruits or veggies during the afternoon if i get the urge to snack (instead of the kids foods)...then a small dinner and maybe a low-cal protein shake in the evening so i dont munch all evening long...totals about 1400 calories daily plus/minus whatever i burn working out...

yesterday i ate a half of a grilled cheese sandwich and half a cup of chicken soup at 6:30 p.m....then i worked out...and didnt eat anything else until 8 a.m. this morning...i dont think it was a smart move..ughhhh i could eat the walls today lol

today is a planned rest day...been busy all day and will be busy all evening...
Old 04-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
i fasted from 6:30 p.m. to 8 a.m. this morning...i dont like it...it set me up to binge bigtime today...im still struggling at 3 p.m. not to eat everything in sight...i had coffee this morning at the conference, then a big bagel with spread, THEN a muffin...THEN i ate half a wrap/sandwich thing from the store...THEN some cereal and milk with my students...and for me that is A.LOT to be eating particularly with the urge to eat everything in sight...

i think i need to stick to what's been working for me....something small but substantial around 9 a.m....then a workout...then a small nonfat sugarfree mocha at noon when i go to work...then fruits or veggies during the afternoon if i get the urge to snack (instead of the kids foods)...then a small dinner and maybe a low-cal protein shake in the evening so i dont munch all evening long...totals about 1400 calories daily plus/minus whatever i burn working out...

yesterday i ate a half of a grilled cheese sandwich and half a cup of chicken soup at 6:30 p.m....then i worked out...and didnt eat anything else until 8 a.m. this morning...i dont think it was a smart move..ughhhh i could eat the walls today lol

today is a planned rest day...been busy all day and will be busy all evening...
It is great to see that you have an open mind and are willing to try new things!! Now you know that fasting might not be best for you but I give you a lot of credit for trying it out. Well done Alaskan, keep on trying things and you may just find something that works for you even better than what you are having success with today.

Larry
Old 04-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #79  

It was a great day today other than my sodium was almost double my goal. Those of you that have known me for a while know that sometimes sodium has caused a big water weight gain for me in the past. I will find out in the morning

927 calories and 3059 mg sodium

Breakfast 1/2 cup Eggbeaters and 1 slice fat free cheese in a mug

Lunch 1 filet Haddock fish fried, mashed potato no gravy or butter, collard greens

Afternoon Snack 1 Tangerine and 6 raw radishes

Dinner No salt can green beans, No salt mushrooms, very low sodium tuna and fat free Italian dressing.

No exercise today

Larry
Old 04-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #80  

Good Morning I may have dodged a bullet. Yesterday's sodium was double my goal and I was afraid that I would have a water weight gain this morning. My scale was steady same weight as yesterday 210 lbs

The sodium may well have made a difference because my daily loss stopped but I am thankful at least that it did not reverse. Whew what a relief!!

This thread sure has been quiet lately. It must be everyone is busy for Easter?

Larry,
Old 04-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #81  

Hey guys, just dropping in to say I will be hit or miss now as we will be out of town til later tomorrow.
Gonna do my best to stick to my plan for the next couple days
Old 04-07-2012, 03:46 PM   #82  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Sum - It's amazing all you do and the fact you are not a rail!

Alaskan - Way to try something new! Great job! If it's not for you, that's ok... you are willing to try new things and find out what fits you best and that is key

Larry - Great news that the scale held tight with the sodium!!! Your awareness always helps you though

Jo - Enjoy your time out of town!!!

As for me - have another 4.2 miles added towards my goal today That puts me totally on schedule! It's amazing me that I am staying on task with this and all else I am juggling. Setting it as a "goal" and putting it in writing really has helped a TON. Later today is the cake celebration for my daughter's bday (hard to believe my youngest has officially entered teen years... not right), then hoping for Bootcamp Abs with my girls That's the plan!!
Old 04-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #83  
Lifelong Alaskan!

i have been on the go all day today! its sunny and in the low 50s here, which is springtime and warm for alaska! took younger son to the community easter egg hunt this morning, then did the bills, grocery shopped, recycling etc...lots of errands...

bought myself a good pair of running shoes as well as a sports bra that should FIT, my old one is way to big now lol...

am finally sitting down for a bit..i'd like to take my new shoes to the gym but i also have a huge DEEP blister on my foot from my old shoes, i got some moleskin to keep over it so that i can walk without pain...a bandaid wasnt helping LOL...might go for a bike ride instead also, not sure...bike riding isnt much of a sweat-inducing workout though lol

dying easter eggs tonight...already have dinner marinading for later...been a busy day
Old 04-08-2012, 12:23 AM   #84  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

You guys were chatty while I was away! it!!
I will attempt personals in a bit, but I'll update you all on my weekend first.

Thursday
I drove alone to a neighboring city on my way to the river for shopping. It was nearing lunch time, so of course, I had to have ! I mean, the good Lord forbid me eating something like veggies! (although, I did have veggie ) Doesn't count!!
I decided to stay at a motel instead of camping, secondary to rain! It seems like every time we get ready to go somewhere lately, there is rain or wind prohibiting our efforts! No big deal to me.
I decided to run hills in town instead--2 miles of them. Doesn't seem like alot, but they were straight up and straight down, like a roller coaster! I had dressed for Memphis weather and not Ozark weather, which SUCKED! I was FRIGID! I ran in a coat and long pants, which was uncomfortable, b/c I didn't have the correct cold-temp running attire.

Friday

Got up early for a 4 miler. Went and bought a pair of leggings at Wal-Mart (I HATE Wal-Mart), but that is the only store they have there & it is very small--not a superstore. I also bought a muff for my head/ears. It was 40F. I have been used to running in 70-80F & came prepared to run for these temps--compression shorts, running skirts, sleeveless tops! It was a miserable 4 miles!
When I finished, I did the Core Challenge in the parking lot of an abandoned bank where I had parked my Jeep for the run. The town was deserted at 9am, so I was basically alone.
Results:
Plank
1 time @ 80 sec
2 times @ 75 sec
with 100 high knees skips in between each Plank
This was much more like a routine I would normally do!!

Saturday
Took River on a walk through one of the local parks--even though we have 1.4 acres right on the river. I like walking in parks. She likes chasing the squirrels. It's a win-win!

I didn't really do and R&R. My mind is racing with this 1/2 Mary 3 weeks away. I am having strong reservations about it, especially with all of the JUNK I have been eating and craving! I can remember in times past when I coached C25K, I would remind myself that I had to run 3 times a week and junk was not an option. I was a strong, fit runner. I trained 3x/week. I told myself over and over and over, so that I could train other women to do the same thing! It was highly effective!

So, I've been examining my health overall, especially since I told you all about that "Eat for your body type" website. I have been thinking I have an under-active thyroid for a while, but a month or so ago, I had it checked and the #s came back on the low end of normal. At first, I thought, "Well, it's normal, so that's not the problem." However, the more I have been reading and the more I symptomatic I am becoming, the more I have taken a pro-active approach to doing something about it.

My Symptoms Include:
Water Retention, especially around TOM
Infertility
Constipation, unrelieved unless medicated via psyllium powder & a colon cleanse capsule
Extreme coldness of the extremities, even when it's warm outside or inside
Extreme Fatigue, especially in the afternoons--requires napping most days. Also, still feeling tired despite adequate rest.
Inability to lose weight (even before I started this kick a month ago)
Extremely Dry Hair & Skin with significant hair loss
Hypothermia & Low Blood Pressure
Dry Eyes & Headaches daily
Increasing Sadness

Since I know western med MDs don't medicate unless "clinically indicated", I have ruled out being put on a synthetic thyroid medication. (Not that I would rush right out and buy it anyway)
So, as a first step, I bought a homeopathic thyroid support supplement. I am very optimistic with the addition of this product & will try it for a month to see if it works for me. (Gaia Thyroid Support)
This could be the break I desperately need 3 weeks before the race!

Last edited by K9Owner; 04-08-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:27 AM   #85  
~Krystal~

. . . to each of you!
Old 04-08-2012, 12:57 AM   #86  
~Krystal~

Alaskan: for new running accessories!! If you continue to have issues with blisters, I HIGHLY recommend better socks! I paid $14 for 1 pair I have never had a $14 pair of socks, but I have no more blisters and they were worth every cent!!
Stick to your guns on going to the gym. It's frustrating when our families can't get on the same page as we are with our fitness goals. My family isn't too keen on mine either. We can't go to this restaurant or that one. I choose to run or workout at weird times..blah blah blah. I get one body! This is it! Make the most of it!!!
Praying for you and your family with all of the repairs.

Star: Happy Birthday to your daughter. I hope you all have had a fun birthday weekend!

Larry: you came back just in time to encourage me, lift me up, and remind me why I pursue my goals. Thank you so much for all the words of encouragement!! I needed that so much!
Hopefully, the weight will continue to trend down for you. You have been seduced in this range before, only to be sabotaged by water weight!
that Easter dinner does not bring bad food to your table!!
on getting clearance from the Optometrist!

Kristiina: There is no way I could plant all those veggies! My mom just told me she bought a ridiculous amount of blackberry & strawberry plants, not to mention all of the 'usual' veggies they have every year! Gardening is hard work! Kuddos to you!!
on March's Results. At least your results faired much better than my 7 lb GAIN!
Rather it is water, muscle, inflammation, whatever--it is extra abdominal weight and it BLOWS!

Jo: I will attempt to add Kristiina's challenge to this week, since I was unable to complete it this past week.
on needing new scrubs!! What was your previous job? I don't think I ever asked you this!
I don't watch Idol, so I can't commie on the Kelly idea. However, please don't get to a 'zero'!! This weight is just not cute on many people, imo.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:38 AM   #87  
Lifelong Alaskan!

i wore my new running shoes today around the house, just to get a feel for them before i try to walk on the treadmill with them...i really like them! went for a bike ride tonight in them with my teenager, about a mile, maybe mile n a half to the glacier....im surprisingly stronger in my legs than when i rode bikes last fall...also my asthma didnt flare up, which i thought it would...was a nice chilly ride...DH came to get us at the glacier because teenager was whiny and wanted to go home the easy way LOL

i did a 14.5 hour fast from 10 p.m last night until 12:30 this afternoon...it wasnt intentional, i was just busy this morning and once i remembered i hadnt eaten, i just decided to run with it...however i find myself WAYYYY hungrier in the afternoons and also craving sugar and chocolates like crazy!! ive eaten my way through WAY too much easter candy hidden in the back room LOL

was very busy today with errands and a big community easter egg hunt for younger son...dyed eggs tonight with him...he's very tired today for some reason, took a late afternoon nap for a few hours and is tired again now at 9:30 p.m....usually if he naps late, he'll be up until we go to bed later...but i DO need him to fall asleep so the easter bunny can do some hiding lol

want to make it to the gym tomorrow for some incline walking...still not sure about running...and this blister is horrid! the moleskin over the bandaid makes walking tolerable though
Old 04-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #88  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Happy Easter!

Last edited by Sum38; 04-08-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #89  

Happy Easter

I did far better today then I had expected. DW and I went to my Sister's for Easter Dinner. DW announced before we left that for today she was off the diet. I thought I am in trouble because I will probably do like wise.

I came in at 1331 which is 69 calories UNDER my goal of 1400 and that included a ham dinner with all the extras and I even had a small piece of berry pie! My sodium was a little high but not too bad considering the sodium that is in ham. It was 2362 mg and my goal is 1500 mg.

My weight this morning remains steady at 210 lbs.

I hope everyone had as great a day as I did.

Larry,
Old 04-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #90  

Good morning and Happy belated Easter to all!

I am back at home, but the boys are still off school one more day and we have an early morning dermatologist appointment, oh joy.

I stayed on plan better than I ever thought I would do this weekend
I will be back later today to catch up with you guys.
Closed Thread