Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 07:21 AM   #211  

Well Sum, don't feel bad, I am up a pound and a half this morning! Yuck. I feel icky and bloated. Just wish TOM would get here and be done with it. My calendar says 5 days away but I will be surprised if it doesn't come early.
The worst part is I have to get dressed up tonight for a formal banquet/awards ceremony feeling like this? Yuck.
So today's mission is operation water loss. My friend cannot walk so I am going to run until the cows come home (and hopefully sweat out about 3 pounds of water ), I am going to drink lots of water/tea, eat no carbs until the dinner and see what that does for me.
I hope drinking lots won't backfire on me and I end up puffier than I am I was trying to drink extra yesterday, but I could tell not as much was coming out as going in.
Not going to be a good weigh in week, darn it and I have been so so "good". I know it is just water, but it frustrates me to no end. I would really like to be done with the weight loss part of things so these water fluctuations don't mean as much. On the other hand, maybe a week from now I will be enjoying a whoosh. Who knows.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:30 AM   #212  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Sum - Of course you got compliments! Even though you are critical of yourself, the DH and other see what really exists It's amazing how "normally" something looks one way... then as women we stand in front of the mirror and see a totally distorted view of what's there. I think it's a reset of the mind from what we are used to. Size 6 is small, your progress is amazing!!!!

Jo - I have no doubt that is all water out to haunt you. Keeping fingers crossed that it leaves you for your formal banquet. It would make it way more fun to get all dressed up, then if you felt blah.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:44 AM   #213  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

GM all
I am sleeping in today--0530!!
Then dh informs me he forgot he has to be at work at 7!!!
Oh well, early it is. I'll probably nap this afternoon.
Market day for me as well.

And since all of us are doing the same thing, I feel yucki right along with you all

Star: I hope you have a great day at work today. It's Friday!! for you.
Not so much for me. I'll be saving lives this weekend

Jo: You're quite the party girl! Getting dressed up is nice once in a while! I hope you have fun tonight

Kristiina: for P being home!! I know you are happy. Walk an extra mile just for the QT
Old 04-20-2012, 07:48 AM   #214  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
LOL! maybe i'll take michael to help me
put him to work the 1st day!! I like it
BTW.....nothing wrong w/Lightening Mcqueen--long as they are clean, right??
Old 04-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #215  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Have fun tonite Jo
Old 04-20-2012, 06:36 PM   #216  
~Star~

Krystal - You are cracking me up! Hope you had good luck at the market How's the toe?
Old 04-20-2012, 11:32 PM   #217  
~Krystal~

I ended up NOT going to the market today & working on the invitations. They are fun to do, but very time consuming.

DH texted me & said, "There's something wrong with the fridge."
I asked what was wrong with it.
He said, "I can see all of the shelves--all the way to the back. We have no food!"

I can't wear ALL the hats!
Old 04-21-2012, 08:35 AM   #218  
~Krystal~

Morning All
I may be MIA for a bit. I work tonite & Sunday nite. Then, next week my parents and I are going camping! They will be fishing. I will be this toe is healed by then!!!
Next week at this time, I will be in Nashville

Taking a week off without counting cals is one thing….
Taking a week off of exercise is altogether a different story.
I seriously DO NOT recommend it, esp. if you are used to eating to compensate for the extra cals burned.

Hope you all have something fun planned for the weekend. It's raining here, so a PERFECT time to go to the hospital and work.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #219  

Hi everyone
We had a great time last night, I drank a little too much, but that's another story. Really, thinking back over the course of the night, I counted 3 glasses of wine and one beer. Not so much, but I woke up at 2:30 last night needing to chug some water and take some ibuprofen to ward off a hangover, oops. Maybe I went into it a little dehydrated.
I decided not to weigh in today and may not weigh in until after TOM. Just not worth it to me right now. I wonder if I could get to the point where I only weigh in once per week??? I need to find ways to be a little less restrictive without letting go. I cannot fathom doing what I am doing now for the rest of my life, all the weighing in, logging, counting, tracking. I just want to eat well and move a lot and get rid of the obsessive behaviors. Do you guys think that is possible?
I just feel so unsettled. I want to be at goal and be done with this part. This is probably PMS talking, don't mind me.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #220  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
I decided not to weigh in today and may not weigh in until after TOM. Just not worth it to me right now. I wonder if I could get to the point where I only weigh in once per week??? I need to find ways to be a little less restrictive without letting go. I cannot fathom doing what I am doing now for the rest of my life, all the weighing in, logging, counting, tracking. I just want to eat well and move a lot and get rid of the obsessive behaviors. Do you guys think that is possible?
Seriously! I have been thinking the exact same thing.
Esp. with the weighing. I haven't hardly weighed at all this week. I mean--why should I? Only to be defeated by a number. My clothes tell me I am roughly the same weight.
As far as logging...well.....that's another story.
I'm not sure if I'm ready to part with MFP.
I want to STOP obsessing about food & I think MFP promotes an obsession in me to obsess about the #s.
I did stop hitting the "Finished Logging for the Day" button, which has helped.
It is never accurate anyway, so why bother.
I do tend to overeat on healthy food or unhealthy food, so it really doesn't matter if I eat apples or candy, I'm probably still going to overeat. Why?
I seriously don't know why all of a sudden I am just famished.

Anyway: I went to the market this a.m. HOW FRIGGIN DEPRESSING!!
I used to go to the market, spend $100 and not have gotten hardly anything.
Today, it was $215 & I seriously bought 2 bags of chicken tenderloins, 1 pork tenderloin, 2 bags of chicken strips, 1 (4-pack) of turkey burgers, & 2 ground turkey packs with stuff to make a salad!
WTH???
I don't know how people buy food, beer, & cigs...along with kiddos & other addictions & still have $ for their cost of living expenses. There are only 2 of us (& 2 K9s--which I need to get a tax break for )
J keeps saying our 2 are going to have to get a job!!

I haven't had a raise on my job for at least 5 yrs & other companies don't just up and give their employees a major cost of living raise.
This is just ridiculous & it's only getting worse
**End Rant**
Old 04-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #221  
~Star~

Jo - I am betting you CAN get to that point... just not going to be overnight. You have come a long ways in getting rid of obsessive behaviors... or at least replacing bad obsessions with good ones, LOL!

Krystal - Hope work isn't going to be so hard on that toe. I bet you are looking forward to Nashville. I totally sympathize with financial frustrations. DH got laid off AGAIN yesterday morning - and we are back to just my income with 3 kids...and I don't make very much, not gonna lie.

As for me - finally seeing drops in the scale. 189.4 this morning. I examined when the plateau started in December.... I added a muffin and would have sandwich now and then. Started to wonder if break (or something in it) was reacting with IBS and preventing loss. Nutritionist didn't believe that would be possible with my intensity of exercise and calorie deficit - well, I gotta try something. It's been one official week since I tried... I was at 192.8 (where I had been FOREVER it seems)... and bam... 189.4 now?? Hmmm... think I may have found my issue- whether nutritionist believes or not.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #222  

Star, a big to you for breaking into the 180s! That is awesome
Old 04-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #223  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Krystal I hear you!! We decided to start eating all "real" food... so now when I go and get pasture raised, grass fed beef or wild caught salmon; 4 days worth of meat/chicken/fish is nearly $80.

I swear we all have our up and downs at the same time, like we are all linked. (Linkedin...hehe)
Old 04-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #224  
~Star~

Thank you Jo!!!!! I thought I was doomed at that plateau... finally!!!
Old 04-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #225  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Star You go girl!! 180's!!! F A B U L O U S!!!
Closed Thread