Old 09-19-2010, 06:28 AM   #166  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

OK, reporting on new challenges!

1. In bed by 10:30 - day 1 (3/3 pauses left)
2. No more than one diet soda - day 1 (2/2 pauses left)
3. Drink at least 48 oz water - day 1 (1/1 pause left)

Felt sooo good to go to bed at 10:30, and baby slept until 6:10 (late for him!). Boy do I feel somewhat rested!
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:24 AM   #167  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Cool

Still thinking of challenges. Really don't feel inspired quite yet, although today I forced myself to the gym for the first time in a week I think. Did a kind of anger-fueled workout (hitting the weights) that felt good. Got a tough week ahead and want to get my self in order so I may just commit soon. Stay tuned!

Sea -- Hang in there. Maybe we can both have liftoff on Monday.

jolly -- Hope you're enjoying/enjoyed the visit!

momto2 -- Welcome and good luck!

same7 -- Congrats on liftoff!!

Last edited by redballoon; 09-19-2010 at 08:25 AM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:17 AM   #168  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Hello Everyone,

Hi, So I am just back on the wagon trying to lose the weight I gained from the last time I was "back on the wagon".

Challenge -
no soda - 1 pauses
no eating out Mon-Fri - 1 pause days
no eating out of the candy dish at work - 2 pause days
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:20 AM   #169  
Never give up

Obsidian, good to see you again!!! Welcome back!! It's been a while!
Old 09-19-2010, 09:52 AM   #170  

1) Daily posting - day 4, 3/3 pauses
2) Only adding salt to tomatoes - day 4, 3/3 pauses
3) measuring portion sizes/calories for 75% of my daily intake - day 3, 2/3 pauses
4) Get at least 7 hours of sleep on non school nights, and at least 6 on school nights - day 3, 2/3 pauses.
For yesterday
Made some bad choices yesterday Back to business today though. I realize that is not how I want to be. I will be taking a salt pause. But that was kind of expected. I put boiled eggs on the menu, and I just can't eat eggs without salt.

Will post more later. gotta run to Sunday School. the munchkins are waiting
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:10 PM   #171  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Thanks Red, a deployment to iraq (my no ex fiance) pretty caused the downward spiral. We're actually the best of friends now and seems like until I worked through my issues with that relationship I couldn't focus on weight loss, but i"m back at .
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:55 PM   #172  

Hi all. Welcome back Obie, and good luck with your challenges. red, can't wait to hear what you come up with next. Amy, I am going to try to go for 8 OR MORE hours tonight, if htat is possible. Late night with friends last night, and I feel nowhere near rested. Sea Wave, hope you are doing ok.

If I missed anyone, sorry. I am a blonde at heart.

G'night all!
Old 09-20-2010, 07:43 AM   #173  

1) Daily posting - day 5, 3/3 pauses
2) Only adding salt to tomatoes - day 4, 2/3 pauses
3) measuring portion sizes/calories for 75% of my daily intake - day 4, 2/3 pauses
4) Get at least 7 hours of sleep on non school nights, and at least 6 on school nights - day 4, 2/3 pauses.
For yesterday

OK. Here's to a great week everyone. We can do it.

And Amy, I WISH I could say I felt somewhat rested after almost 8 hours of sleep, but . . .
Old 09-20-2010, 10:14 AM   #174  
from Here to There...

S/C/G: 256.2 lbs/241.2 lbs/120 lbs

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone - I'm back from my week-end break. Edema is still about the same; I'll be spending the day on the phone with my various medical people to see what's up with that

theseame7lbs -- I think you're right to focus on your 'self-care', as you put it. Weight loss is only part of that, but some foundation has to be there first, yes?

momto2girls - no pauses -- you're tough on yourself!

Obie - welcome back, and good luck with your challenges

Jolly - Once you get regular sleep, the rest will be easier (or so I've heard!) Hang in there!

Red - I have lift off; do you? Nice to see you posting more often, anyway!

1. Journalize in Total Commitment binder daily: (1/1 pause left)
2. Track my nutrition (via SparkPeople): (3/3 pauses left)
(By the way, if any of you need to do this, I'm finding SparkPeople really helpful in identifying my trouble spots wrt nutrition (sodium, potassium, etc.) and it's free)
3. Do at least cardio daily: (3/3 pauses left)
4. Start using pedometer/increase steps every day: (3/3 pauses left).
SeaWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:58 AM   #175  

Reporting for yesterday (since bedtime is one of my goals, I think I'll always report the next day)
1. In bed by 10:30 - day 2 (3/3 pauses left)
2. No more than one diet soda - day 2 (2/2 pauses left)
3. Drink at least 48 oz of water - day 2 (1/1 pause left)

In spite of all the water I felt strangely dehydrated yesterday, probably due to poor food choices.

Jolly, if I have a late night it usually hits me hardest not the immediate next day, but the day after that. I think the biggest thing for me yesterday was getting to "sleep in" all the way til 6:10. No matter when I'd gone to bed, sleeping that "late" would have felt good! I can't wait til this baby is a teenager and I get to wake him up! I will be merciless...
Old 09-20-2010, 10:23 PM   #176  
from Here to There...

S/C/G: 256.2 lbs/241.2 lbs/120 lbs

Height: 5'4"

Um... don't even ask. I think I'm catching my son's cold. Spent the day dizzy and shaky. Got some good news from my medical calls, though. They've ok'd pursuing exercise despite the edema and *guarantee* me it will eventually be reabsorbed, and I may not lose the two toe-nails that want to come off if I'm really, really careful.
SeaWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:27 PM   #177  
Never give up

Smile

same7 -- You're under way. Keep it going!

Sea -- Well, I almost had liftoff, but then not. Still, I have rethought my perspective on challenges. I'm tired of the all or nothing for now and am going to get back with easy things. See below. I've been doing these things for like seven years now, believe it or not, and the only thing that has kept me going is that I don't want to disappear from what I started. But, I need time off and this is how I'm going to do it, by having challenges that fit my current mood. Ebb and flow. No sense fighting it. I'm glad you're doing well, though.

... just saw your post. Gosh, I sure hope you feel better soon. And toenails grow back, so don't fret even if they decide they're coming off. Glad the exercise has been OK'd! Sending you prayers (healing energy)!

jolly -- There are some times when 10 hours of sleep won't make you feel rested. Just take it and carry on. Are you eating a lot before going to bed? That can really tire your body.

Obsidian -- Sorry to hear about the "downward spiral" of events, but am glad you are here with us again.

Ok, I am tired of feeling I SHOULD be doing more. Things continue to be very rough for me and I AM doing a lot, it's not just the things that I used to consider challenges. So what?

I was reading a book and found something quite cool, the thought that .... we are all PEARLS. If we find ourselves in a position we hate and think of ourselves as pretty, less than pearl-like in other words, pretty damn crappy, then we only have to remember where pearls come from, from a bit of junk that got into the shell. It's OK to feel like that bit of junk and to actually BE a bit of junk and to act accordingly. Because the only way to change is to realize that where you are is NOT where you want to be because it is NOT reflective of what you COULD be. But, you can't accept where you are and just give up either.

So, the idea is, DO WHAT YOU CAN RIGHT NOW! That tiny bit of action will set the process rolling, that whole crap-to-pearl process! If you think you should do something, or could do it, but can't, then you can't do it now and that is not an option. So, you have to think again, and maybe again, until you find something you CAN do right now. Even if that thing is tiny and feels like a joke to you, like a bunch of crap, remember the dirt that got into the shell and what happened to it!

Soooo, what I'm saying is that I'm starting now with some things that to me may not seem worthy of challenges but they are what I CAN do NOW. Hoo hah!!

The Intent-to-stop smoking Challenge
(every day, think of how I WANT to stop smoking and see what I can do to restrain myself where I can) Day 0 Completed

The Eat-fat-burning-foods Challenge
(make a habit of eating high-protein foods, vegetables and fruits instead of or BEFORE eating other things even if I don't feel like it) Day 0 Completed

The Clean-my-room Challenge
(Do something no matter how small to improve the state of my living quarters AND think of what I can do, NOT the huge task ahead of me) Day 0 Completed

Log Expenditures and Income-earning-activities Challenges
(This is an outright 100% challenge, as opposed to an "intention challenge") Day 0 Completed

Log Exercise and What-goes-in-my-mouth Challenge
(The mouth part is food, drink, and cigs, and includes coffee and such and is an outright challenge) Day 0 Completed

Work Challenge (always do a bit of something, lesson preparation, story preparation etc. when I can, every day) Day 0 Completed

OK, there you have them!! And remember, if someone looks at you (even if that someone is you in the mirror) and says "you worthless piece of sh1t!" just give 'em a wink back and say, "yes, perhaps, but little you may realize, I am actually in the process of becoming a PEARL!"

Last edited by redballoon; 09-20-2010 at 10:52 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:16 AM   #178  

1) Daily posting - day 6, 3/3 pauses
2) Only adding salt to tomatoes - day 5, 2/3 pauses
3) measuring portion sizes/calories for 75% of my daily intake - day 5, 2/3 pauses
4) Get at least 7 hours of sleep on non school nights, and at least 6 on school nights - day 5, 2/3 pauses.
For yesterday

Feel a bit crappy this morning. Couldn't sleep well, so less than motivated this morning. Or should I say, I feel like a pearl in training this morning.

And woo hoo Red. Yes. Do what you can. All you can do is make the most with what you have at that moment. Keep you going in a good direction, and the rest will come when it can. you can do it.

SeaWave, glad you will be able to workout, and hope you get over the cold quickly. Amy, hope you are feeling better today as well.

Obi, Web, everyone else don't forget to write And have a good day.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:27 AM   #179  

Red, I LOVE the pearl analogy. Irritants as opportunities, crap begets beauty... these are good things to mull over. Must be hard to limit smoking while in Japan -- it's a national pasttime there, isn't it?

Seawave, I hope the exercise helps with the edema. I know that is uncomfortable at best.

Jolly, I keep telling myself I will sleep when I am 50. But then, the kids will be teenagers, and I'm guessing that will not help.

Challenges:
1. In bed by 10:30 - day 3 (3/3 pauses left) made it by a minute
2. No more than 1 diet soda - day 3 (2/2 pauses left) didn't have any!
3. Drink 48 oz of water - day 3 (1/3 pauses left) peeing a lot!

Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:28 AM   #180  

1) Daily posting - day 7, 3/3 pauses
2) Only adding salt to tomatoes - day 6, 2/3 pauses
3) measuring portion sizes/calories for 75% of my daily intake - day 6, 2/3 pauses
4) Get at least 7 hours of sleep on non school nights, and at least 6 on school nights - day 6, 2/3 pauses.
For yesterday

Good morning all Was gripping and moaning yesterday about "Why, oh why, am I teeter tottering?? Woe is me!" Tryig to figure out how to stop, when I asked myself "Why don't you just choose not to?" So, I a choosing not to teeter totter, but to do the things that make me feel good. Eating healthy makes me feel good physically. Regular exercise makes me feel good mentally. and the combo makes me feel good about myself. So there.

So, less pearl-to-be-ness today

Have a wonderful day all.