Old 11-01-2010, 09:53 AM   #286  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

One more thing....I put my signature on the last post because I wanted to see what my goal was. I had forgotten the number and the date. I see the forecast date was today, so I didn't make that BUT I am very close. I am weighing in at just over 68 kg so I looking forward to making this goal SOON! Wow. This is the first weight goal I'll have made in ages!!!

Last edited by redballoon; 11-01-2010 at 09:55 AM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:54 PM   #287  
Never give up

Unhappy

Sigh....just feeling down and tired. I know I shouldn't care but my weight is up and I just need/want some sort of motivation for keeping going. This ALWAYS happens. I do well for a short period of time and then lose the feeling that kept me going.
I guess the problem lies in WHAT keeps me going. It obviously can't be linked really to results, good or bad. There must be something more, just a decision that I'm going to do it and that's it, no more questions, nothing. Just like smoking or not smoking. With that, however, there are the health issues but when it comes to being 20 or so pounds heavier or lighter there can't be that much difference in health. Mostly, it's looks and not many people would care either way. Hmmm....will have to mull this...
Old 11-01-2010, 10:40 PM   #288  
Never give up

Well, I will just have to be strong. I have a lot of muscle soreness from working out so I will be inevitably be holding fluid. Got to stick it out. I decided that I am tired of looking like I don't work out and HARD just because I sabotage and undo everything I do at the gym with poor eating habits. I have to get smart and that way I can actually do less with more results. It's the quality of what I do that counts...
The thing is, I KNOW all this and have known it for ages. Why don't I just do it then? Ah....THAT is the question.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:24 AM   #289  
from Here to There...

S/C/G: 256.2 lbs/241.2 lbs/120 lbs

Height: 5'4"

Red - It's true, with our self-sabotage we're our own worst enemies. But you and also be your best friend. Just hang in there, and know that this tough spot will eventually pass.

Is everyone else in sugar hangover from Hallowe'en? Where is everyone???

1. Keep sodium between 500 and 1500 mg per day - Day 1 (3/3)
2. Walk 5000 steps daily - Day 0 (3/3) um... no... 4432 - so close!
3. Declutter 15 minutes per day - Day 1 (3/3)
SeaWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:56 PM   #290  

Hi you guys. I'm back. I thought I could get through Halloween AND a visit from my sister-in-law and still stick with challenges!
Ha ha too funny. We have a big Halloween party every year, plus the stress and insanity that comes with that woman....
So I'm back to square 1, but I'm sticking to it this time!
Gotta pick up the kids, but I'll see you all tomorrow!
Congrats on the no smoking Red!!!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:09 PM   #291  
Never give up

Wink

Got to the gym and stuck to my challenges yesterday. I am surprised at how clear-headed I feel in the mornings. Even though I'm not getting enough sleep because I get to bed too late for when I have to get up, I still feel a lot better than when I was eating sugar and just too much food. NOT eating can be difficult but if I just hold off it sure has its benefits. Last night, I had a big dinner (though it was even a reduced portion...and that's in Japan!) but I was literally painfully full, which shows how my stomach has shrunk from cutting way back.
I'm pushing myself a bit too much though and my cold is coming back...gotta be careful.
Just figured out what I have saved in money for the 30 days I have now not smoked. At the new price of 410 yen a pack, that would have cost me 12,300 yen which is about $150!! Not bad, eh?

No smoking -- Round 2 -- Day 9 completed
Eat Clean -- Day 7 completed

Sea -- Congratulations on liftoff!!

Apple -- Good to see you and I hope you stick around this time!!
Old 11-03-2010, 08:13 AM   #292  
Never give up

This was HARD today and I almost gave in, but then I thought how I would feel GOOD if I didn't give in and I held off. It was sugar I was craving today...

No smoking -- Round 2 -- Day 10 completed
Eat Clean -- Day 8 completed

How's everyone?
Old 11-03-2010, 09:13 AM   #293  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone -

I'm going to try and come up with a new set of challenges. Challenges that are do-able given the current state of my back. I'm trying to determine what exercise I can do (in addition to PT exercises). Zumba (even Zumba for Senior Citizens) may be out of the question for awhile longer. I can do the treadmill for 5 minutes. So next on the list to try are the Recumbent Stepper...which I was able to use the last time my back was giving me fits, and water aerobics. I'll

Red - Congrats on the success you're having with not smoking and eating clean!! You rock, girlfriend! I hope everything is okay with you.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:32 PM   #294  
Never give up

Wink

Early here. Got up before 4 a.m. Going north to interpret for a horse massage workshop. Taking the slow and cheaper train to save money. Ugh. It's cold here and my cough is coming back. The air is SO dry in Tokyo in the winter, it's really unhealthy. Think of being in airplane cabin air for months on end...well, wish me luck with my challenges. The last time I did this I had way too much brew. This time I plan on having NONE!
Well, I posted my tally last night. I am glad to say I did NOT undo that!! I can't say I feel or look any better. In fact, I'm looking pretty horrible these days. BUT, I am determined to keep at it this time. I am really, really tired of NOT doing what I set out to. There are NO excuses for self-indulgence anymore....really, what IS "self-indulgence?" It would seem that I am NOT indulging myself by continuing to ignore my desires....

diyana -- Good to see you again!! Why don't you do a non-exercise challenge? There should be lots of good ones there. Join me in my hardships!

Last edited by redballoon; 11-03-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:52 PM   #295  
from Here to There...

Michelle - I look forward to seeing what your challenges are. Would water aerobics be an option? It's not as weight bearing as some of the other (especially Zumba - weight bearing and bouncing!)

Red - I am so impressed by your tenacity in your two very difficult challenges. WooHoo You!

1. Keep sodium between 500 and 1500 mg per day - Day 2 (3/3)
2. Walk 5000 steps daily - Day 1 (3/3)
3. Declutter 15 minutes per day - Day 2 (3/3)

PLUS, my biggest news of the day, I finished my radiation treatments today! WooHoo Me!
Old 11-05-2010, 08:17 PM   #296  
Never give up

Been sick with food poisoning or something, a stomach bug, I don't know but couldn't hold anything down yesterday. It was bad as I was away from home and had to get back to Tokyo by train, sick all the way....

No smoking -- Round 2 -- Day 12 completed
Eat Clean -- Day 9 completed, 1 pause taken
Old 11-06-2010, 07:42 PM   #297  
Never give up

I feel much better today after staying home from home yesterday (though I did a lot at home too). I also haven't been drinking at all though it's not a challenge. I just naturally don't drink when I eat clean and don't smoke. Moving up on 5 weeks off the fags! (British expression...sorry, my English has been tainted )

No smoking -- Round 2 -- Day 13 completed
Eat Clean -- Day 10 completed, 1 pause taken
Old 11-07-2010, 11:47 PM   #298  
Never give up

well, all by myself again. what is it these days? no one up to a challenge going into the holidays?

No smoking -- Round 2 -- Day 14 completed
Eat Clean -- Day 11 completed, 1 pause taken
Old 11-08-2010, 12:21 AM   #299  
from Here to There...

Hi everyone - didn't mean to abandon my post! The past few days have been write-offs wrt the challenges, so I'm starting over on Monday. I'm not giving myself any pauses for the first two, because I'm finding that consistency in those is essential for me moving forward right now out of radiation treatments.

1. Keep sodium between 500 and 1500 mg per day - Day 0 (0/0)
2. Exercise at least 15 minutes per day - Day 0 (0/0)
3. Declutter 15 minutes per day - Day 0 (3/3)
Old 11-08-2010, 08:17 AM   #300  
Never give up

Sea! There is no "everyone." It's just me...all alone and lonesome...