S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

popping in to say hello
Old 03-16-2010, 04:05 PM   #167  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hey back at cha Ceejay!!

Chelle...is painting your house yourselves out of the question? Could you recruit some friends to help and maybe knock it out in a weekend? I know that is asking a lot of friends. Just a thought.

Everyone have a great night, I am off to CVS....hi hoe hi hoe
Old 03-16-2010, 04:33 PM   #168  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

ANOTHER LONG DAY FOR ME. BUT JEN AND I HAD TIME FOR A LONG CHAT TOO. SETTLING SOME BILL TALK AND LOOKING AHEAD TO THE SUMMER AND WAYS TO CUT THE COST THIS YEAR WITH THE KIDS. WORKING ON CHEAPER MENUS AND ACTIVITIES. WHAT WILL BE WILL BE.
THE BLDG IS UNDER CONTROL AND THE WEATHER CANNOT BE MORE PERFECT. STILL TOO COOL FOR RIDING BUT NICE TO SIT IN THE SUN. HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT DAY.

ANNIE...THANK GOD YOU WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT HAPPENED. SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE BAD DATE AND THE PHONE GEM. FORGET ECVS!!! IT'S BAD NEWS. ALL LOSERS SHOP AND LOOK FOR DATES. yikes: GLAD THE PARENTS ARE DOING OK!

CEEJAY~ HOPE THE NEW WAY OF WORK IS OK TILL THE CLEANING GETS DONE. LOTS OF NEW EXERCISE FOR JEANETTE!!! AND I AM WAVING BACK TO YOU

SHAD~ HOPE THE PAIN GOES AWAY. I WAS WONDERING HOW THE "PLUMBING" IS??? NO BACK UPS???? I GET PAIN WHEN I GET CLOGGED!

HAPPY~ I WOULD MISS MY NITE LITES TOO!! I HAVE THE KIND THAT ARE FLAT AND STAY ON ALL DAY. THEY HAVE A GREENISH GLOW AND REALLY LITE UP THE PLACE WITHOUT BLINDING ME!!

MICHELLE~ A HUG FOR THE QUAD HOPE IT WILL BE FEELING BETTER VERY SOON. HAPPY ZUMBA CLASS!! A HUG FOR DH'S KNEE TOO

LAURA~ I HEAR YA ON G0ING EVERY OTHER YEAR. BET THERE ARE SOME VERY NICE "REAL" GARDENS. I HAVE TO LOOK AT THAT BOOK STILL. I WAS THINKING OF YOU AND BF....I WENT DOWN TO MEET WITH A VENDOR AND WENT BAREFOOTED...HE ASKED ME IF IT WAS SUMMER ALREADY!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-16-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:13 PM   #169  
Happy September

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!

WISHING THE LUCK 'O THE IRISH TO ALL OF YOU FOR TOMORROW.
JUST IN CASE I WON'T BE HERE TILL LATE.
WE'LL BE HAVING THE WEARIN 'O THE GREEN TOMORROW IN THE COMMUNITY ROOM.
ALL 99 "IRISH" TENANTS!
Old 03-17-2010, 07:46 AM   #170  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Had a wonderful dinner and a whole range of laughs with G tonight. We wandered out to the vineyards and had a drink and admired the view. Then we drove down to a place called Rustic Charm @ Wild Cattle Creek. Dinner was wonderful. We started with an assorted platter to share - had red pepper, red pepper dip, mushroom dip, olives, 'roo meat, terrine and feta with bread and biscuits. G had a steak which darn near covered the plate and I had pork loin with a lovely crisp salad of cherry tomatoes and mesclun and green apple. We were too full for dessert and paid the bill and now I am home thinking about going to bed.

Actually the back feels better while I am up and moving around but is pretty sore when lying down, so maybe sleep standing up??????

Better go put myself in there or I will never get up in the morning. Catch up then
Old 03-17-2010, 08:12 AM   #171  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning Happy Humpin St. Paddy's Day!!

CVS was more or less uneventful last night. The phone freak came in, he tried to engage me in conversation while paying at the register. I just gave short answers, didn't smile, and didn't look at him. I am pretty sure he SHOULD of gotten the message. It is too bad he is good looking, but WTH that is the ONLY thing he had going for him. What a LOSER.

MELLIE...wow my back hurts when I have a clog too. Just got past one of the back hurtin clogs a few minutes ago. Do you get sh*t headaches too? Once the turds start flowing, the head quits hurtin.

SHADDIE...well I must tell you, your date sounded much better than the crap I have been getting. Good for you.

Howdie's all the way around.

Have a perfect day!

Hugs
Old 03-17-2010, 08:54 AM   #172  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

May the luck of the Irish be with all of us today!

I had a fun time at Zumba last night. We danced to songs we hadn't done in awhile, so it was a nice change of pace. My leg and hip are still bothering me a little bit, so I'm taking a pass on the Advanced Zumba class tonight and just going to do some regular cardio at the gym or maybe go for a walk. It might warm up to the mid 60s today! And it's supposed to be nice through Friday, then it'll get cold and rainy on Saturday and up to 7" of SNOW Saturday night/Sunday! I hope all the bulbs that are coming up make it through the snow, as well as the kittywillow bush that just started to bud/bloom?

Ceejay - How is work going?

Mel - Always nice to think ahead to the summer and make plans. Glad to hear you're having good weather too and that the building is under control. Have a great St. Paddy's Day in the community room with the rest of the "Irish" residents. I have some of those flat nightlights too. They come in pretty handy.

Shad - Sounds like a lovely evening with your toyboy! Sleeping standing up would be a great trick! My back gets sore and stiff from lying down or from sitting at my desk for too long, but Zumba seems to loosen it up.

Annie - Too bad the phone creep won't leave you alone. His good looks are probably what gets him all those sugar mamas that he can leach off of, the a**hole. My back hurts when I get backed up as well. Then I eat a Fiber One bar and things move on through...and I feel much better. As for painting the house ourselves...we did consider that...but the way our house is built and the way the roofline is, in order to do the front of the house, we'd have to balance scaffolding on a sloped lower level roofline to reach the upper level, and it just seems really tricky and potentially dangerous for DH's knee and my back. We requested two bids from each painter...one for the whole house and one for just the whole front and the upper level on the back. The bids for the partial job have come in under budget, so we might have to go with that. The sides and back lower level are aluminum or vinyl siding, which may not even need a fresh coat of paint anyway. DH is going to power wash the siding and see if that improves the look a bit. If so, it may just need a bit of caulking. The only trick then would be to match the new paint color to the existing siding color. We're also changing the trim color throughout. Right now, it is a rusty, sort of maroon red...but too red for my taste. We want it to be chocolate brown which would match our gutters.

Happy - How is the foot doing? Are you back at the office full time? Or working from home? I hope you're feeling better and not overdoing it. Remember...R-I-C-E (Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation).

I suppose I should get to work. I'll check in later.

Here's to a great day for all of us!

Erin Go Bragh!

Love and hugs,

Last edited by diyana; 03-17-2010 at 08:54 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:18 AM   #173  
Happy September

THE SINGING AND DANCING TO THE LOBBY MUSIC IS OVER AND NOW THEY'RE READY FOR THEIR LUNCH. I LEFT A BIT EARLY. I THINK I MIGHT HAVE FINALLY CAUGHT THE INTESTINAL BUG THAT EVERYONE IS SWAPPING BACK AND FORTH. NOT ONLY THE OFFICE NOW BUT THE BUILDING. I COULD USE A MELIDAY ANYHOW. THE HOLIDAY MAKES THEM A BIT CUCKOO!!
JUST GOING TO REST UP AND ENJOY SOME QUIETUDE!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

ANNIE....SOMETIMES I GET THE HADACHES BUT MOSTLY I CAN'T BREATHE AND MY RIGHT SIDE KILLS ME! SO GLAD WE HVE SOMETHING IN COMMON MY WESTERN SISTA!!! !!

SHAD~ THE QUEEN VIC IN MELBOURNE IS HAVING THE WORLD STREET FAIR THIS SUNDAY...I'LL RUN OVER THERE AND MEET YOU!! I ALWAYS WANTED TO GO THERE! THE NIGHT OUT WITH G SOUNDED GREAT...LOVED THE MENU!! YUM!! I COULD GO FOR A STEAK OR THE PORK RIGHT NOW!

MICHELLE....MAYBE YOU NEED SHAD AND I OVER THERE TO SMACK SOME SENSE INTO THOSE CONTRACTORS AND GET YOU A GOOD PRICE!! HECK...MAYBE WE CAN DO THE PAINTING!!! HAPPY ENDORPHINS!!!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-17-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:42 AM   #174  
Annie - Indiana

3 days til Spring
48 days til vacation.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:48 AM   #175  
Creating a Healthier Me

Mel - Were they singing "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling?" or "Danny Boy"? or another wonderful Irish tune? Are they serving green beer with lunch? I do enjoy green beer. Unfortunately, the cafeteria at work won't be serving that today...or even green 'ritas. But they are serving Corned Beef and Cabbage dinner or Reuben sandwiches. I'm going for the sandwich along with a cup of Irish Root Soup (I think). Sorry that your tummy isn't feeling right. I hope you have a nice relaxing Meliday so that your tummy calms down. I would love to have you and Shad come paint or knock some sense into the painters! But I think the cost of your airfare would be more than the cost the painters are charging!

Shad - I hear there's a tropical cyclone Ului heading for Queensland. It looks like it will hit north of Brisbane....so I hope it misses your home completely. And of course, I'm hoping for no injuries, loss of life and little or no property damage.

Annie - 3 days until Spring. Yup, and we're going to get 7" of snow on the first day of Spring! So nice that you're less than 7 weeks away from your wonderful vacay!!
Old 03-17-2010, 12:46 PM   #176  

Hello everyone!

Annie - Hope the CVS freak got the message!

Michelle - Hope your leg feels better. Sorry the bids are coming in high and DIY is not a safe option. Hey, I thought that siding didn't need to be painted??

Shad - Sounds like you had a nice date last night. Nice you happened to be in the area where you could get together.

Mel - Sounds like St. Paddy's Day was off to a good start. I hope you didn't catch whatever's going around!! Best to take a Melliday and get that quietude.

Hellos to Happy & Ceejay!

Not having a stellar day, or week for that matter. But I have to tell myself my problems are a wee drop in the bucket compared to others. I went to see Valentine's Day last night w/ the group. I didn't have high hopes, but it was better than I expected. Lots of stars in it, and lots of stories (at least a half dozen) that start out separate and eventually tie together in the end - happy endings. Light entertainment.

Missing my exercise after missing Monday due to attending the wake of my neighbor's father and yesterday (as usual) cuz of the movie. And yesterday it was a nice day and bf still picked me up from the train station! I told him he doesn't have to come get me now that the worst of the winter seems to have passed! I generally don't ask for rides because I like the exercise, but bf got into the habit of picking me up and I got spoiled. I prefer it when he and the dog walk towards the train station and we meet up somewhere along the way. Tonight I'll walk all the way home from the train station and will exercise.

My left eye is bugging me. I think I'll take off my contacts and put on my glasses. Then it's off to lunch.

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone!
Old 03-17-2010, 01:26 PM   #177  
Annie - Indiana

MELLIE...it is my left side that bothers me. This, too, shall pass. Seems all of us Worldlies have some ache or pain that we all have in common. lol...must be the aging of the chickies.

Chelle...yep, we are supposed to get the brunt of that junk weather late Saturday night and Sunday. I say bunch up all the yuckie cold days and put them together, then get on with the good weather. Are you ready for my next challenge?

Laura...I liked Valentine's day also. (the movie) not the day itself. Get to exercising and tell BF it is his fault you are not getting exercise.

Just talked to dad, he is FINALLY getting released today from the hospital, thought it was going to be yesterday, but he was still having dizzy spells. He is going to stay at my brother's house for a few days....good place for him.

Work at CVS tonight, wonder what kind of crap is in store for me tonight?? LOL
Old 03-17-2010, 03:09 PM   #178  
Creating a Healthier Me

Mel - It seems at least half the people here at work are sick. Some have an intestinal thing, and others have a bad, bad cold/flu. I just keep taking my vitamins, staying the heck away from them and using hand sanitizer.

Laura - So sorry to hear you're having a crappy week. I hope things get better. And I hope your eye gets better too. Glad the movie was better than you expected. As to whether or not to paint siding...this is our first house. So we really don't/didn't know if the siding had to be painting. So actually, that's what DH and I are discussing now. We originally wanted the siding painted so that the color would match exactly. But once you paint siding, you have to keep painting it every 10 years or so, just like wood. So for now, we are talking about washing the chalky oxidation residue off the siding ourselves, and hiring a painter to do all the wood - 1st and 2nd level, and the color better dang well match.

Happy - You haven't been awfully quiet. Are you okay, girlfriend?

Annie - Another challenge already? I haven't even completed your initial challenge (getting to 214). But if you're ready to give me the challenge, I'm ready to add it to my list. I don't think I'm gonna make my 209 goal by 4/1...just not very realistic at this point. So glad to hear that your father is getting out of the hospital and that he doesn't have to go straight to being home alone. As for CVS tonight....do not even LOOK at any men. Perhaps those losers need to be screened better like they supposedly do for eHarmony.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:18 PM   #179  
Annie - Indiana

Chelle...I about fell out of my chair laughing when I read...As for CVS tonight....do not even LOOK at any men. Perhaps those losers need to be screened better like they supposedly do for eHarmony....my boss was walking past my office and wanted to know what was so funny. I had to tell her the whole CVS thing. She said you were right. hahahahha I will let you know your next challenge tomorrow. I need to get out of here to go to work. Doesn't sound quite right, gotta get out of work to get to work.

Have a good night chickie
Old 03-17-2010, 07:27 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy st Patrick's day.

Michelle
Did you say the "s" word. Ummmmm. It's almost Spring.

Annie
Glad that your dad got to go home to your brothers. Hope he feels more himself in the morning.

Shad
Sounds like you had a fun date.

Mel
Now that the party is over you can rest a bit. Did you do any dancing?

Laura
I think you've mentioned it before but how far did you say the distance was between the train station and your home.

Happy
Are you still making it oday?

30 more minutes and Im home for 2 days. Tomorrow I have a mandantory meeting in Paragould.
Closed Thread