Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 04:00 PM   #76  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
I feel much more refreshed today and the morning has dawned clear and blue skies reign supreme. Hopefully we get some work done around the house today. Once coffe is done, I will create a list of to-do's, clean out the DS2's ute tray and take a load of rubbish to the dump. L is coming sometime today and we will no doubt fill the garden rubbish bags with weeds and prunings. Which reminds me. I need to go check out the hedge trimmer and pruners and get some fertiliser organised as well as some mulch.
DB2 came to borrow a sander last night. I suspect he has been at the gambling again as he really doesn't seem to want to have anything to do with me at the moment - however handy I might be at keeping him supplied with tools and expertise. I have to pick DS2 up from the airport after lunch sometime - seem to be spending my weekend back and forth to the airport and there is always something to do inside the house.

Ceejay - I have days where I can't remember what happened five minutes ago and days where I put things down and then can't find them again for three days. Usually it is when I am tired and/ or stressed - at least that is what I keep telling myself and that it is not senile decay (interesting choice of words to describe dementia isn't it? It was on my great, great, grandfathers death certificate back in 1912 along with cardiac failure and anasarca). The things you discover when you dig up the ancestors.
Glad you had a good lunch with your friend. Nothing like a girlfriend and lunch to get you through the day.

Laura - well done you on the exercise - just love looking through some of those old time tapes and discs. I have a Richard Simmons video - any one remember him - from back in the 90's. Yes the fashion is dated but the moves are not. What goes around, comes around.

Mel - hope you are feeling better and getting back into the swing of it. Thinking of rides outside You devil you.

Happy - hope you are enjoying the anniversary weekend. Great to hear of someone (s) longevity in the marriage stakes. I once went to a 50th wedding anniversary and the 'bride' said that if she could have another 50 years with her boy, she would be eternally grateful. Now isn't that nice!,

Michelle, Annie, Patty, and all those who lurk. Have a happy day.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:47 AM   #77  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING EVBERYONE.

SINCE I AM THE BIRTHDAY REMINDER PERSON I THOUGHT YOU SHOULD KNOW.....

I AM CELEBRATING MY 63rd BIRTHDAY TODAY

AND I JUST LOVE THIS JPEG ABOVE AND WANTED TO HAVE HER ALL FOR MYSELF. SHE IS SO ADORABLE

AND IT IS A LOVELY SUNNY DAY. WE WENT OUT FOR A WALK YESTERDAY BUT IT'S JUST TOO COLD TO RIDE DOWN THE STREET FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME. THE SUN ISN'T STRONG ENOUGH YET. BUT IT DOES FEEL GOOD TO BE ABLE TO CRACK THE BEDROOM WINDOW OPEN!
THE KIDS ARE MAKING ME DINNER TODAY. ROASTED CHICKEN WITH TATERS AND VEGGIES. I'M MAKING THE SALAD. SHOULDER IS MUCHO IMPROVED. I MOVED THE MICRO A BIT AND HOPE THAT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN!
HAPPY SUNDAY AND HAVE A GREAT DAY

JEANETTE....HOPE YOU HAVE SOME REST ON YOUR "WEEKEND". IT WAS NICE OF YOU TO FILL IN FOR L. I HAD A LAUGH AT THE HAND SANITIZER. WEIRD THINGS LIKE THAT HAVE BEEN HAPPENING TO ME TOO!

LAURA~ WALMARTS AND MEXICAN. SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT WEEKEND TO ME. DON'T GET TOO SORE WITH THE DVDs OR YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO WALK THE 4 BLOCKS TO THE EYE DR!!!

SHAD~YOUR WEEKEND SURE HAS BEEN A BUSY ONE. BUT I HOPE YOU DID GET SOME MUCH NEEDED SLEEP TOO. IS THIS A LONG WEEKEND OR JUST THE 2 DAYS OFF? POOR DB....MUST HAVE BEEN TOUGH TO FACE YOU EVEN TO GET THE TOOL THAT IN ITSELF IS A GOOD PUNISHMENT!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-07-2010 at 08:50 AM.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #78  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies -

It's been a crazy busy weekend...Lots of fun stuff going on, and LOTS more website work. I haven't gotten a chance to read anyone's posts, except...

Happy Birthday, Mel!! I hope you have a wonderful day!!

I'll try and check in later....or tomorrow before work.

Love and hugs to all,
Michelle
Old 03-07-2010, 10:48 AM   #79  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

First and most important

May you have glorious sunshine, a very happy day and feeling as good as you possibly can! Happy happy birthday my friend

Last edited by happy2bme; 03-07-2010 at 10:49 AM.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:49 AM   #80  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Happy Birthday Melody. I haven't posted on here for so long, I'm not sure I remember how. But I wanted to wish you a happy one. I miss you.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:46 AM   #81  
Happy September

OMG!!! MARY IS HERE....IT'S A PARTY TODAY!!! YAY!!!! THANKS FOR THE GOOD WISHES GIRLS!!! HERE'S YOUR REWARD....THE DRINKS ARE ON ME AND THEY'RE SUGAR-FREE!!! THE KIDS ARE SITTING HERE LAUGHING AT ME

[IMG[http://www.bajabob.com/images/sugar-free-margarita.jpg[/IMG]

NOW WHERE DID I PUT THE DANG SALT????????

Old 03-07-2010, 12:01 PM   #82  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all you fab ladies,

It never fails. I sit down on the weekend with a fresh cup of coffee to post and DH who sits 5 feet across from me (and who has been awake ahead of me for at least an hour ) will start to talk to me. Now don't get me wrong, I am glad he talks to me - it's just that one thing leads to another - sometimes it's just general convo sometimes like yesterday it's planning something (like the bathroom renovation) but before you know it, we've blown a few hours and I never do get to post here. So I will try again.

We had a very nice calorie bomb dinner on Friday at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. DH had the whole Maine Lobster, I had a petite filet and a lobster tail. We shared food and DH's was soooooo much better than my lobster tail. He was nice and gave me a claw too. I had 2 glasses of Riesling wine which were fabulous. Although I did not feel buzzed I think it did help me sleep because for the first time in weeks, I actually slept through the night and felt a little refreshed in the morning. We had cappachinos and shared a dessert of creme brulee. It was very nice. The wait staff were great and I think they enjoyed us as much as we enjoyed them. Our waiter from last time came over and gave DH a recommendation for an acupunturist (which reminds me, I need to see if insurance will cover that).

Ok, so just like I said... started to post here. Now DH is talking bathroom renovations. I'll be back later...
Old 03-07-2010, 02:35 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Have a good day. I'm working day 2 out of five twelve hour shifts.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:54 PM   #84  

Happy, happy, happy birthday Mel.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:42 PM   #85  

Seems I missed the last two posts. A page behind - oh well!

We have had a deluge of weather here in Australia this weekend. Devastating floods in Western Queensland, wet and soggy in Brisbane and hail storms and damaging winds in Melbourne. I've tried to work out where the worst of the damage was in Melbourne but can't find out much information. My car is sitting out in the open - I don't know if it has suffered hail damage or not. My flight is not until late this afternoon, so it will be probably dark before I get home. I don't know anyone I could ring to go and have a look for me either. I can only hope. I'm feeling restless now and may try to see if I can get an earlier flight.

I'll be back later.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:43 AM   #86  
Happy September

SHAD....HOPE YOUR CAR OS OK. MUST BE TERRIBLY FRUSTRATING NOT TO HAVE SOMEONE TO CALL. GUESS YOU MUST BE THRE BY NOW.

THANKS GIRLS FOR THE HAPPY BIRTHDAYS.

CEEJAY...HOPE YOU'RE GETTING SOME REST AFTER YOUR SHIFT.
HAPPY...SOUNDS LIOKE YOU HAD A GREAT ANNIVERSARY DINNER. YUM!! THE RENNOS WILL KEEP DH BUSY FOR SURE! LOL

GOOD MORNING CHICKS AND A HAPPY MONDAY TO YOU ALL. WE'RE HAVING BREAKFAST TOGETHER IN THE OFFICE AND A SMALL PARTY LATER IN THE DAY. NOT REALLY IN THE MOOD FOR IT FOR SOME REASON.
ANYWAY....I NEED TO FINISH DRESSING. SEE YOU GALS LATER.

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-08-2010 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:57 AM   #87  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Monday ladies -

What a busy weekend! We got to the dog show, but not the fishing expo, which is okay because there's a much bigger fishing expo this weekend that we're going to. The weekend also involved lots of website work, meeting with painters, cooking, and laundry. The weather was GORGEOUS!! Highs in the mid-40s! The doggies were loving all the sunshine and warmer weather. I'm hoping that since we're getting 40 degree temps and rain this week that by next weekend, we'll be able to bring in our Christmas lawn decorations! Until then, they make a great landmark for the painters coming to provide estimates - just look for the house with all the penguins in the front yard!! Today is going to be busy. I came into work early so I could leave a little early for an appointment. I'm meeting with another painter, then going to Zumba, then DH and I have a geology/rockhounding club meeting this evening.

I made a great slow cooker recipe this weekend. I got it off Spark Recipes. 1 lb Frozen Chicken Breasts, 2 cans black beans drained, 16 0z jar salsa (I didn't have any so I used a big jar of Rotel tomatoes with green chiles - not drained), 1/2 cup of uncooked brown rice. Cook in the crockpot on low for 8 to 10 hours. I also added 1 can of corn (drained). It was delish! At least in my opinion.

Mel - Hope you were feeling well enough to enjoy your b'day! And I hope it was just as lovely as the birthday angel/fairy you posted. Hope you enjoyed some rest and relaxation with the kids. So nice of them to make you birthday dinner! So glad to hear you love Kohl's too. And they always have a sale!

Happy - Sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary dinner!! It's funny, but I've never had creme brulee...but Jello Pudding has a sugar free rice pudding that they call creme brulee flavored! It's so yummy! I can only imagine that the real thing is about 1,000 times yummier!! So nice of the waiter to give a recommendation for an acupuncturist! I think my DH may start going to one later this month for his knee. Our insurance doesn't cover acupuncture, but our flex spending does, which is nice.

Ceejay - Did you get to work in the yard? I wanted to, but there's still snow on the ground. Hand sanitizer in the tea? Sounds like you needed to go to bed. Or you are exhausted? Hmmm, ya' think? I remember when I was a teenager, one morning I was particularly tired...and I fixed myself some cereal...poured milk in the bowl. Then got out some OJ to pour a glass, and poured it into my cereal! Your dinner at the Mexican restaurant sounds yummy and healthy. So nice of you to work for L. I hope you get some relaxing time off soon.

Laura - Did you have a great time at the Oscar party? What did you think of the show? I didn't watch it...but I've heard mixed reviews. Just curious what you thought. I hope your shoulder and feet are feeling better. I'm so glad you enjoyed the new DVD! It's fun to try more challenging workouts once in awhile to mix things up. That's how I feel about the advanced Zumba classes - and I am behaving myself by modifying the moves that are likely to cause me back/knee pain.

Annie - How is momma doing? Have you heard from your son? Did you have a good weekend?

Shad - How was the weekend at home? Did Sunday greet you with open arms or play aloof and hard to get? Sorry to hear that DB2 is back at it. I hope you had a productive and relaxing weekend. I sure hope your car didn't sustain any hail damage.

Time to get some work done! I'll check back later.

Lots of love and hugs,
Old 03-08-2010, 09:35 AM   #88  
Creating a Healthier Me

Default Product Recall

About 94 products on the market are being recalled due to salmonella contamination. I have attached the website through the FDA for the list of products.

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/script...andDressingMix
Old 03-08-2010, 12:34 PM   #89  

Mel - Hope today's a great day for you and that the coming year is the best!!!

Last edited by Laura705; 03-08-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:51 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy Birthday Mel

Last edited by ceejay52; 03-08-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Closed Thread