Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 06:55 PM   #286  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Oh forgot to mention. The company gave me a huge bunch of flowers to thank me. I have no idea how they thought they would last on a journey of three days in the car. I'll have to leave them with R. Pity because they are beautiful.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:58 PM   #287  

Hi everyone!

Shad - Sounds like you're having a nice sendoff - flowers, farewell dinner. Too bad you can't enjoy the flowers for longer. Hope you have a safe drive home.

Ceejay - You also have a safe trip to Springfield, and wave over in the direction of my mum while you're there - she's on the south end not too far from that nice library.

Happy - I hope you had a quiet and productive day today and have a good weekend.

Michelle - Hope you have a nice relaxing "me" (or "me and doggy") weekend. Too bad I didn't learn about the one hour of daily exercise needed to maintain before I gained my weight - I like the exercise side of the equation much more than the diet side of it! But too late now - I can't ignore the eating part - darn.

Mel - Hope you had a good Friday and have a good weekend!! I never responded to you re my office organizing project. I'm still reading the book, and I have done one of the first steps - sort. (Acronym: SPACE - Sort, Purge, Assign a Home, Containerize, Equalize) Sorted a bunch of papers in the office, and the next step will be to purge them. I asked bf to clear out the two drawers of the filing cabinet he uses because he isn't even using them for real files - just dumped a bunch of miscellaneous crap in them. What a waste of space! So he agreed to clear out at least one drawer, and I'll be moving real files to the two top drawers for easier access. Do me a favor and keep asking me about this project so that I'm motivated to keep at it. Maybe I need to take some "before" photos, LOL!

Annie - I have a feeling that since I didn't see your post today you must have stayed at home. Hope you're feeling better so you can get that 30 day shred started!!!

And speaking of staying home - that's what I did today. I had a bad week physically, between those "menstruation migraines" and this cold. Each one separately would be bearable. But both, by the end of the week just got really old and I woke up feeling lousy with the start of another of the headaches, and the congestion from the cold didn't help. So I called in sick. Missed the last jeans day of the quarter. Oh well. I just needed a day to kick back. All I did for the morning and early afteroon was watche tv, read my book (The Shipping News), and read the paper. In the late afternoon, bf and I went out for lunch (Middle Eastern food - lentil soup and lamb sandwiches). We also bought a CO2 refill for our seltzer machine, filters for the fridge's water dispenser, dog food and some household stuff from Walmart.

Meeting a couple HS friends for lunch tomorrow, and that's all my plans for this weekend! Need to do some cooking and cleaning, bah. I'd rather exercise, so I'll do some of that too!

Okay, have a good weekend everyone!

Last edited by Laura705; 03-27-2010 at 12:00 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:58 AM   #288  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

YESTERDAY GOT AWAY FROM ME. WORKED IN THE OFFICE. 2 WOMEN WERE OUT AND ONE HAD "MEETINGS". THE DAY FLEW BY AND ENDED EARLY AT 3PM. SO IT WASN'T TOO BAD. JUST COLD DOWN THERE. OUR WINDS IN SPRING ARE ALWAYS VERY STRONG AND YESTERDAY WAS NO EXCEPTION. WINTER IS BACK HERE IN THE EAST.
HOPE YOU ARE ALL WELL. I'LL READ AND EAT BREAKFAST JUST TO CATCH UP. HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND
Old 03-27-2010, 09:27 AM   #289  
Happy September

I'M BACK...NOT SO MUCH TO READ..........

SHAD...HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT VISIT WITH YOUR FRIENDS. TOO BAD THE FLOWERS DON'T TRAVEL WELL. AND I LOVED THE IRISH CONVERSATION SAFE TRAVELS MY FRIEND

HAPPY....I FEEL THE SAME ABOUT THE WORLD'S FUTURE...DON'T FORGET TO BRING SOMETHING GOOD TO DRINK AND THE LITTLE UMBRELLAS WE CAN HAVE ONE LAST FLING!!

CEEJAY....HAVE I MISSED SAYING GOODBYE TO YOU?!?!HOPE YOU HAVE A SAFE TRIP AND ENJOY THE HECK OUT OF THE TIME WITH THE FAMILY

LAURA....THE BOOK IS AT THE LIBRARY NOW AND HOPEFULLY SOMEONE WILL DELIVER IT ON MONDAY. I WILL TACKLE MY LEGAL-SIZED FILE CABINET...IT'S ON WHEELS AND ONLY ABOUT 3' LONG. BUT A JOB THAT NEEDS DOING. I SAW THE MOVIE SHIPPING NEWS...WITH KEVIN SPACEY...IS THAT THE BOOK?? I LIKED THE MOVIE AS I RECALL..IT WAS WHAT I CALL AN "INDEPENDENT FILM CHANNEL" TYPE MOVIE. HOPE YOU AND THOSE HEADACHES FEEL BETTER THIS WEEKEND. GLAD YOU TOOK THE DAY OFF. COULD IT BE SINUS RELATED??

ANNIE....HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER VERY SOON. NOT A FUN THING TO HAVE WITH SPRING ON THE HORIZON. THE MOM STORY WAS TOO FUNNY. WE TALK LIKE THAT TO THE SENIORS....MAKES THEM LAUGH AND BLUSH AND FEEL YOUNG AGAIN.

MICHELLE....BIG CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHTLOSS!! GOOD NEWS FOR SURE. YOU BETTER BE RESTING THOSE MUSCLES IN BETWEEN DON'T MAKE ME COME AND SMACK YOU ALONGSIDE YOUR HEAD!!
Old 03-27-2010, 06:49 PM   #290  

Hi Mel! Yep, that's the book. I want to watch the movie (again) when I finish the book. I seem to recall the movie focusing more on the relationship between Kevin Spacey's character and Julianne Moore's character. The book is different.

Not much going on here. I did two BE 30 min. workouts this morning. I had a nice lunch w/ my two HS friends. Bf had been to the restaurant before and recommended I try the cherry crepes. So I had them and they were yummy. Brought 1/3 home. Bf will probably eat them (if he gets to them first!). There's a new Meijer store in the same strip mall as the restaurant and the Oscar Mayer WeinerMobile was there!

After that, I bought a new pair of ear bud headphones from Best Buy and some Tom's of Maine toothpaste from Target. They are converting that store into groceries also (like the other one near our house). They had a big open area and I ended up walking across it to get to another aisle and I somehow didn't see an empty shelf base/end cap unit jutting out (it was the same color as the floor) and I totally tripped over it and went flying (along w/ the toothpaste and the sunglasses perched on my head). No injuries, except I'll have a good bruise on my shin later. I spoke to the store manager and told her to put cones or something around it to prevent some other poor sap from doing the same thing I did. Unless everyone's more alert than I was...

Hope everyone's having a nice weekend and being safe!!

Last edited by Laura705; 03-27-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:36 PM   #291  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Don't know how often I will be back over the next couple of days, so I thought I would get this in early. Other than a sinus headache, I feel much better today than yesterday. Mind you with the amount of sleep I got, I ought to.

The car is now packed apart from a couple of items which will go in the back seat. I'm waiting for the dishwasher to finish, so I can pick up the last couple of items of mine. The place has been checked a couple of hundred times for any more of my junk and in around 30 minutes I'll be out of here and on the way to R's place on the other side of town. Tonight we will have a dinner of Tapas and Sangria hopefully and I am out of there tomorrow morning around 7.00am. I'd have liked to have gone earlier, but it would be stretching the friendship to walk out around 3.00am R is not a morning person. Lucky she doesn't start work until 9.00 and is only a 15 minute drive away from work.

I'll try to get back later to see what else is going on. Weekends are kinda slow in here anyway, but hope all are doing well and having a good time. Mel suggest you take full days in the office very carefully. Lots of chemical vapours in the air in an office.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:39 AM   #292  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING CHICKS. COLD, RAINY & DARK HERE. THE GRANDSON IS SNUGGLED UP IN HIS FEATHERS. NASTY WEATHER AND GOD FOR NAPPING
I SORTED OUT THE FILE CABINET AND EVEN MADE THINGS EASIER FOR JEN SHOULD SOMETHING HAPPEN TO ME. NOw I NEED TO MAKE A LIST AND STICK IT TO THE INSIDE LID. ALL THAT'S LEFT IS SHREDDING.
THE KIDS ARE SPENDING THE WEEKEND WITH THE BROTHER AND FRIENDS. THE BLDG IS QUIET AS A MOUSE.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY

LAURA...THANKS TO YOU...I GOT THE FILES DONE!! CHERRY CREPES IF I WAS THERE...THE BF WOULDN'T STAND A CHANCE OF GETTING THEM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE FALL. VERY REMISS OF THEM NOT TO CORDON OFF THE AREA. HOPE THE BRUISE DOESN'T HURT TOO MUCH OUR TARGET STORES ALL HAVE FOOD IN THEM LIKE MINI WALMARTS!!

SHAD...I HEAR YA ON THE CHEMICAL VAPORS. THE RUGS. THE COPIER ALONE KILLS ME SO NO ONE'S ALLOWED TO USE IT OR READ A NEWSPAPER NEAR ME!! THE INK!! THEY ARE LEARING VERY SLOWLY THAT IF THEY NEED ME THEY HAVE TO CONFORM...NOT ME. I TOLD THEM POINT BLANK THAT THERE IS NO WIGGLE ROOM ANY MORE...AND THAT FOR THE LAST TIME I AM SORRY BUT THIS IS WHO I AM NOW AND I WILL NO LONGER APOLOGIZE FOR IT. I KNOW ONE OR 2 GOT THE POINT. SAFE TRAVELS HOME LIL' SIS AND HAVE A GOOD LAST VISIT WITH R. LET US KNOW WHEN YOU ARRIVE.

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-28-2010 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:56 AM   #293  
Happy September

HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE.
HAPPY MONDAY!
Old 03-29-2010, 09:17 AM   #294  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all,

Kicking the week off with a dental appointment. Ugh. Weekend flew by. Shopped the big Kohl's sale and got some undies for me and much needed clothes for DH for vacation. I concentrated on a few "must do's" this weekend like washing down the garage refrigerator and doing laundry. Didn't get the car washed - maybe next weekend. Did get a pedicure yesterday - feet are looking better even if they do have frankenstein zippers on them Got to bed too late last night with the old "just one more thing". It's chilly today but supposed to quickly warm up to a nice week ahead.

Mel - that's my kind of smiley face on that cup. Always a good thing to make a list on what to do and where to look for someone who will trail behind us. I need to do that too. Will you help me? Hope you had a quiet weekend and I applaud you for telling the office how THEY need to work with you instead of you suffering for it.

Shad - sending you good thoughts for the long drive home. Be safe! Same thing with you Ceejay - happy trails!

Laura - my Mom said they are converting the Target by her house into a super Target too. Maybe that's the grand plan. However her store is sandwiched between an Aldi's and a produce store so I don't know how well that will work out. I really wish they had a Meijer out here. I miss that store. I need to pick up a copy of that book too - sure could use some spring organizing around here.

Annie and Michelle - did you have a good weekend?

Sorry to be short but I have to get out of here and on my way. Back later.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:31 AM   #295  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

morning chicks,
I've had a busy week end. I'll be traveling today so keep me in your thoughts. I'll talk more this afternoon when I get home. I'm waiting for my sister to get home, we'll eat breakfast and then I'll start my journey.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:19 AM   #296  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Morning all...not even going to try to catch up on personals. YIKES...I still feel like poo, only a better grade of poo today than Friday. Back at work. They are letting all the temps go on Wednesday, which very much saddens me as that means my walking buddy, Nell, her last day is Wednesday. I got very emotional and had tears in my eyes as we talked this morning. I cry even easier when I don't feel well. OMG this is going to be a stressful week. I will be taking Wednesday off as my dad is having a heart cath. They found a clogged vain on the backside of his heart when he was in the hospital this last time. They are not sure they can help him as the location of the clogged vain and his health to withstand the procedure are in question. He had quadruple bypass back in 1992 and has had stents placed twice and a pacemake/defib placed, then the batteries replaced last month, all since have the original surgery. Then.....Remind me not to visit my momma on days she has dialysis. She is so tired that she talks delirously out of her head. Freaky deaky. I will not be visiting her on Tuesdays, Thursdays or Saturdays. Why must we suffer in these crappy bodies before we die? Mom and dad, neither one feel good and truly don't want to live this way. D*mn it.

I probably ought to get off of here as I don't feel good and am not in a very good mood at the moment. I think I need to stick my head in the toitie, flush for a swirlie.

Later gaters...
Old 03-29-2010, 10:36 AM   #297  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Well, it's Monday and once again the weekend was way too short!

I did an hour of Advanced Zumba on Friday night and again on Saturday morning. Then I did my grocery shopping, laundry and website work. Yesterday, DH and I went and saw Alice in Wonderland...which I highly recommend if you like Tim Burton movies. We didn't see it in 3D, but now I wish we had as there were SO many scenes that would've been even cooler in 3D. But despite seeing it in 2D, we thoroughly enjoyed it and had lots of fun!

Last night, I was really, really exhausted, and this morning, I woke up still exhausted and with a sore throat. I hope I'm not coming down with anything. I'm skipping Zumba tonight so I can rest after work (hoping to nip this in the bud).

Shad - You're probably still on the road...so I'm wishing you safe travels. I got a great chuckle out of your "Irish" post! I hope your sinuses are better so you can drive clear headed. So nice of the company to give you a sendoff and flowers! Bummer you can't take them home with you.

Ceejay - Safe travels to you as well. I hope you had a lovely visit with your sister.

Laura - Other than the attack of the end cap, it sounds like you had a very nice weekend. Seriously, I hope your leg is doing okay - it sounds like it was very painful. I much prefer the exercise side of the equation to the diet side, which is funny because 4 or 5 years ago...I HATED exercise. That SPACE acronym sounds interesting. What is the equalize part of it? I hope the book comes into my library soon (I've already put a "request/hold" on it). I hope you're feeling better and the cold and migraines have gone away. I almost called in sick today...as I felt like a day of sleep would've done wonders for me.

Mel - Hope you're feeling warmer today. We're supposed to get up to 70 degrees by the end of the week! As for resting my muscles...I take at least a day off (usually two) between strength training workouts. But I try and do cardio (Zumba or Wii Fit or walking) every day. You and Laura are inspiring me to get the house organized, which is a very good thing. DMIL will be coming out in early May and I might as well start organizing, decluttering and tidying up now. I hope you got to relax a bit over the weekend. Good for you for telling the office they have to accommodate your needs.

Happy - I hope the dentist visit goes well. Thanks for shopping at Kohl's! It's always appreciated!!

Annie - Sorry that you are still feeling yucky. And so sad that your friend will be let go. Hopefully, you can still stay in touch by phone, email and FB. I stay in touch with many of my former co-workers. I'll keep your dad in my thoughts and prayers for his heart cath on Wednesday. I hope your day and week go okay, sista, and that you feel better.

I've got to get ready for a meeting...so ta ta till later.

Luvya,
Old 03-29-2010, 11:46 AM   #298  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Worldlies Abolish All Ailments in April!!
Old 03-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #299  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie175 View Post
Worldlies Abolish All Ailments in April!!
Amen to that, sista!
Old 03-29-2010, 12:29 PM   #300  

Hi everyone! Back at work today, feeling quite a bit better. The migraines are gone - yay! There's still chest congestion though. Not coughing a lot, but doing a lot of throat clearing. Read more of that organization book this weekend. I'm sort of disappointed by the chapters about organization of specific spaces. I guess it's so much individual preferences, it's too restrictive to just write "this is how you should organize your photographs". But at least it gets you thinking instead of just charging ahead w/ no strategy. I can't extend my checkout on the book anymore, so it's due on the 30th or 31st... I can re-check it if I need to. I was thinking of buying it used, but I dunno. I'll keep going on it until it's due.

Mel - Thanks for the graphics - they make me smile!

Happy - I think it's time for a pedicure for me too!

Ceejay - have a good and SAFE drive home.

Annie - Sorry you're still feeling crummy. It must be so very difficult to see your parents going through these physical trials. I hope you father's procedure goes well this week. Sorry you're losing the temps this week - sad time. Take care!

Michelle - Too bad you didn't take a sick day to rest up. Definitely take it easy and get some rest tonight!! Re "Equalize" - that just means (I think) keeping up the organizing system and refining it once you've been using it for a bit. If you created a file for something and realize you don't really need it, or you want to rename it - I think making adjustments is part of the "E". Not as self-evident as the rest of the letters in the acronym.

Well, I need to get some work done. Boo. Why can't I be independently wealthy - a philanthropist attending a ritzy charity function once a week or so and doing as I please the rest of the time?? Oh well. Back to reality.

Have a good Monday everyone, and Shad - safe travels to you!

Closed Thread