3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 10:52 AM   #61
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

WOWSA...the sun is shining, high today is 50, the birds are shining and my squish o gram (mammo) is over. Yes yes yes.....

Chelle...do not fret, you will be fine. Keep on keepin on....I am so very proud of you.

will be back to further post, gotta work.

HEALTHY, HAPPY, GRATEFUL, BLESSED!!

Lap RNY 2/12/07

Old 03-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #62
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Annie - You enjoy the 50 degree temps! That's shorts weather! We're getting up to the mid to upper 40s here!

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

Starting weight: 245
Lap RNY 11/19/2014: 215.5 surgery weight

My Mini Goals:
1) Consume less than 120 grams of carbs, 30 grams of sugar and 1,100 net calories (factoring in exercise) 2) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day
3) Follow the Bariatric surgery eating plan
4) Make the most of each moment
Old 03-05-2010, 11:38 AM   #63
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I think every one is going to enjoy this sunshine. I saw 56 on the marquee at the bank yesterday. I'm gettiing outside today to work in the yard.

Annie
Is the hand still healing good? How's momma doing?

Michelle
As Annie said you are doing awesome on your with loss journey. It's still a little to cool for shorts for me. This morning when i took out the garbage that sun shine felt warm. I'm so ready for Spring. I even noticed the grass is more green.

It was my turn to go to the doctor yesterday. Went for refills for bp and fluid meds. Also had to have my blood drawn for a potassium check also. My sinsuses give me problems 24/7/365 days a year so I asked for an injection and he gave me an antibotic and histamines to take. My ears were also getting red so at least I avoided a painful ear infection.

Time to get on with my day. Have a good one ladies.

Last edited by ceejay52; 03-05-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:22 PM   #64

Hi everyone! TGIF!!

Mel/Jen - Enjoy the mild weather!

Shad - Have a good holiday weekend at home. Nice you have a line on other assignments after this one ends. Congrats on your weight loss!

Happy - Hope your meetings go well and your time at the office isn't too painful or awkward for you today. This weekend bf and I are having lunch w/ his mother at a Mexican restaurant we want her to try - low key and low stress. Sunday is the movie group's Oscars Party. I'm not hosting, so no stress there either. Should be a nice weekend for weather too!

Michelle - Sorry about that gain, but that exercise is doing good for your body regardless, so don't waver from your goals! I think the body is so complex and a myriad of things can cause the scale to show fluctuations - it's just frustrating when they mask your progress. Chin up!!

Annie - Enjoy the weather this weekend (but save the shorts for later).

Ceejay - Ooh, mid-50's - sounds heavenly! Enjoy your day. I hope the meds help w/ the allergies - things will be growing soon - if not already - in your neck of the woods (or do things continue to grow year-round?). I use an rx nasal spray year round and I don't know what I'd do w/o it.

Well, I'm thrilled it's Friday. It's sunny here, so I want to get out at lunch for a walk. Steps are at 3,033 right now. My feet are still hurting - I'm tempted to go out and buy some new ultra comfy shoes w/ a lot of padding in the soles. The two expensive pairs of supposedly comfy shoes I bought last year are not doing the job for me, as well as the custom orthotic. Grrrr. But I also need to keep in mind those excess pounds I'm carrying around - can't be helping.

My left shoulder muscle (trapezius actually) is sore today - no idea why. I didn't exercise last night. I'll put one of those therma care hot patches on it tonight if it's still bugging me. I received my Margaret Richard dvd yesterday, so I'll do one of those workouts this weekend. Maybe tonight. Tomorrow morning I guess I'll get to the eye doc and have my new glasses adjusted. I'm totally not liking how I look in them, nor how I see out of them so I haven't been wearing them. Very disappointing.

Okay, better get back to work. Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:33 PM   #65
Annie - Indiana

Ok back to my interrupted post by work...I mean how dare they and my boss isn't even here. Leave me alone....

Did go to Costco at lunch, the weather is peachy, had a hard time coming back in to this joint. I can see the sun beaming off the building across the way. Man how inviting....

Ceejay...must be the time of year for check ups. Hope all your levels come back great!

Shaddie....home again home again, jiggity jig......You should be building up frequent flyer miles like crazy. Have a good time at home.

MEL/JEN....get well, all y'all. Rest up.

Laura...we don't have to exercise or nuttin'. Our bodies just hurt now and then when we get older. It really sucks. Tell the eye doc the glasses suck and you want to get a different pair...his cost.

Happy....Happy anniversary bay bay, gotchu on my miii hhiiind. <---that was singing, just in case you didn't recognize it so. 33 years, getting close to momma/pas 62nd. You probably take 2nd place for longivity. I only made it to 21.

Chelle..my dear..no more tears. You have accomplished so much. Get back on your antidep....I cry enough for all the worldlies. YOU ROCK, MY DEAR SISTA. Hugs

Everyone enjoy their Fridays....Hugs, Love and Prayers.

Lap RNY 2/12/07

Old 03-05-2010, 01:34 PM   #66
Annie - Indiana

And I Am So Glad It Is Friday!!!!!

Lap RNY 2/12/07

Old 03-05-2010, 02:42 PM   #67
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy - How'd the day at the office go? I hope you're home by now and resting with your feet up.

Ceejay - I think we're all ready for Spring. I hope your blood tests turn out okay and that the meds help your allergies.

Laura - So glad to hear you have a fun, relaxing weekend ahead. Get the eye doc to fix/replace the glasses ASAP at his cost. Sheesh. I hope your feet and shoulder feel better soon. I checked out some Pilates and Bellydance DVDs from the library that I'll try this weekend since there aren't any Zumba classes.

Annie - Isn't the sun just lovely! Ahhhhh.

I want to thank you all for your kind words of support. I know it was a stupid small gain...nothing to get upset over. I so appreciate your friendship, my worldly sistas!

I'm counting down the next two hours 'till it's time to go home. After Zumba tonight, I've got some website work to do. Tomorrow, DH and I are going to the dog show in the morning, and to a fishing expo in the afternoon. On Sunday, I've got more website work...plus we have at least two painting contractors coming to give estimates on painting the exterior of the house. I had one guy come out a couple weeks ago, but haven't heard from him since. Guess he didn't want our business. Maybe his company is the only one in the country that doesn't need more customers. No biggie...we'll get a bunch of estimates and then have the work done in April or May.

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

Starting weight: 245
Lap RNY 11/19/2014: 215.5 surgery weight

My Mini Goals:
1) Consume less than 120 grams of carbs, 30 grams of sugar and 1,100 net calories (factoring in exercise) 2) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day
3) Follow the Bariatric surgery eating plan
4) Make the most of each moment
Old 03-05-2010, 04:32 PM   #68
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY & DH...SENDING LOTS OF LOVE AND HUGS FOR A VERY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! SO GLAD I DIDN'T MISS IT YET!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-05-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:09 PM   #69
Happy September

ANNIE...NICE HAUL AT kOHLS!! I JUST GAVE JEN A GIFT CARD TO HELP WITH THE SUMMER WARDROBE. I DO LOVE KOHLS...ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY HAVE A SALE!! you seem quiet in your posts...hope your boo boos get better soon too!!! COME AND PICK ME UP....WE'LL SPEND THE WEEKEND SHOPPING AND FORGET ALL ABOUT OUR PAINS!!

MICHELLE~ SORRY ABOUT THE SCALE. EXERCISE CAN DO THAT WITH INFLAMMATIONS BUT YOU'RE LUCKY..... I PUT MY ROLLING PIN IN THE CLOSET

SHAD~ HOPE THE FLIGHT WAS UNEVENTFUL AND YOUR WEEKEND WILL BE A GREAT ONE HOME WITH SUNDAY!! CONGRATULATIONS ON THE WEIGHTLOSS...WAS THAT SWEAT OVER THE COMPUTER AT THE JOB???

CEEJAY~ GLAD YOU GOT TO THE DR'S OFFICE IN THE NICK OF TIME!! HOPE THE MEDS WORK THEIR MAGIC. JEN AND I HAVE PROBS 365 DAYS A YEAR TOO. YUCK! I DID ENJOY SOME SUN TODAY WHILE IT LASTED BUT WASN'T WARM LIKE YOURS!!

JUST A QUICK NOTE TO SAY HELLO. SHOULDER IS A PAIN IN THE BUTT BUT TRYING TO IGNORE IT. I WAS OUTSIDE FOR A FEW BUT IT'S STILL TOO COOL FOR RIDES AND JUST SITTING.
I AM TAKING THIS WEEKEND OFF FROM LIFE AND SPENDING IT WITH THE KIDS. MAYBE WE'LL WATCH THE LATEST HARRY POTTER MOVIE...I SAVED IT FROM XMAS. HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET. HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-06-2010 at 07:29 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:17 PM   #70
Happy September

LAURA...DIDN''T SEE YOUR POST TILL NOW HOPE YOUR FEET FEELS BETTER OVER THE WEEKEND...THAT'S ABOUT THE ONLY THING THAT HASN'T HAPPENED TO ME THIS YEAR SORRY TO HAR ABOUT THE GLASSES. I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS. HOPE THEY WORK OUT LATER ON YOUR SHOULDER MUST BE IN SYMPATHY WITH MINE...IT'S THE LEFT ONE ALSO WE NEED TO HEAL UP OVER THE WEEKEND!!! YOU HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND TOO.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:30 PM   #71
gettin' with the plan

Laura
You week end sounds like fun. My gf and I are going to mi Pueblo's, a mexican resturant tonight when she gets off work at 5 p.m. I'm hungry too.

Mel
Your relaxing week end with kid's sounds good also. It's a little cool here also but I enjoyed getting out and doing some more errands. Did you do the pedals in side?

Happy
How did your work day go? I didn't expect you to be at work this soon.
BTW, Happy Anniversary.

Shad
Have you gotten home for the week end? I know Sunday will be glad to see you.

Got a call from the doctor's office and blood work was good.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:36 AM   #72

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,

I'm home and it is wet and warm around here, but why should I complain when I am not outside in hail as in Victoria today, and I am not flooded out of my home as they are in Charlieville and St George. I am just sitting watching the grass grow.

I'm feeling very tired today. It is hard to stay awake. Not much sleep over the last couple of nights and a very early morning this morning is taking it's toll so I will be off to bed very soon.

The garden is full of weeds, the plants have grown 2 feet since I was last home and all L good work in the weeding department has gone to seed so to speak. The hedge is threatening to overtake the garden beds and the roses badly need a prune. Even the parsley is huge. Such is the joys of living in the tropics in a true rainy season.

Anyway - I'll try to get up early for personals tomorrow. Meantime have a good weekend all.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:37 AM   #73
Happy September

GOOD MORNING CHICKS. HAPPY SATURDAY. I JUST COULDN'T SLEEP IN LIKE I WANTED TO. THE INSIDE CLOCK IS HARD TO TURN OFF!!! BUT I AM UP, WASHED AND DRESSED AND ENJOYING THE QUIET OF THE MORNING. SUPPOSED TO BE 50 DEGREES TODAY! BREAK OUT THE COPPERTONE!!
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND

CEEJAY~ MEXICAN!! I HAVEN'T HAD THAT IN A LONG TIME. HOPE YOU AND YOUR GF WILL ENJOY THE TIME TOGETHER. HAVE FUN. YES...I PEDAL INSIDE. I USED TO CARRY IT OUTSIDE BUT PEOPLE KEPT WANTING ME TO TALK TO THEM AND I WAS TOO WINDED!

SHAD~ HOPE YOU ARE HAVING SWEET DREAMS AND CATCH UP WITH THE MUCH NEEDED REST. DON'T WORRY ABOUT PERSONALS. JUST LET US KNOW YOU'RE ALIVE AND WELL SORRY TO HEAR THE JUNGLE IS TAKING OVER THE YARD. HAVE A RESTFUL WEEKEND.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:30 AM   #74

Hi all!

Annie - Anything good at Costco? We didn't use our membership enough so we cancelled.

Michelle - Enjoy the dog show and I hope dh enjoys the fishing expo. Don't work too much over the weekend!

Happy - Happy anniversary!!

Shad - Hope you get rested up and enjoy your long weekend. So looking forward to the warm weather, but now you've got me realizing the yardwork will soon begin. I need to get some seeds started!!

Ceejay - Glad the blood work came back good.

Mel - Get that arm healed this weekend! I put one of those hot patches on my shoulder last night and it feels better today. Enjoy the movie and the mild weather.

Just finished one of the workouts on my new Margaret Richards dvd. This one was retro 80's in terms of clothing and hair, but the exercises are very much the same - still effective! This workout was definitely more fast-paced, and the routines go longer than the newer MR workouts. I kept up fairly well, but it'll keep me challenged! Looking forward to trying the other workouts on the dvds, but likely not tomorrow - I think I'll be sore. A short cardio session at the gym will be enough for me.

Like a dufus I put a load of sheets in the washer right after my workout and then realized I should have waited until after my shower. There's probably enough hot water, but why chance it? I'll eat some breakfast, then shower. I decided not to drive all the way into the city this morning to see the eye doc. I'll go one night next week after work on the way home - the train stops within 4 blocks of their office.

I do need to get to Walmart today - the list of what we need from there keeps growing and I've avoided it for several weeks now! Looking forward to lunch w/ bf and his mom at the Mexican Restaurant, and then having the rest of the day to enjoy. It's sunny and supposed to be mild, so the usual dog should be even more enjoyable.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 03-06-2010, 02:28 PM   #75
gettin' with the plan

Don't know what I was thinking last night, if I was thinking at all. I had just put sweet and low in my tea and then used the hand sanatizer. I started to pour that in my tea as well. It was a bad night for each of us. ugh. The meal was good. I had a chicken taco salad.

L took a floating holiday so I'm filling in for her. This will make a 5 day week for me. I''m already exhausted and really don't know why--lack of sleep I think.

Shad
glad to hear you are enjoying your down time. get some sleep.
Closed Thread