Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 12:26 PM   #16  

Shad – Sorry the festival was a washout - and boo on the overly loud sound! I had a generally relaxing weekend, with no guests or entertaining. It always seems that when all you want to do is sack out in front of the tv, there's nothing good to watch. I did some reading insted. Keep warm!

Mel – "All's well when my end's well." LOL!!! You are too funny, woman! I missed you here and I'm glad you're feeling better!!! That margarita pic was about actual size on my screen, so it's just right!

Happy – Bf always says you get what you pay for. I don't always agree, but there are, however, too many contractors out there cutting corners, so it's great that you got one that gave you a very detailed quote that you could hold them to. I hope those goofy kids did a good cleanup job. We had windows/gutters/soffit & fascia work done a couple years ago and I kept finding debris every time I went outside the house. It's a miracle the dog didn't end up w/ something cutting his paw. I happen to think that most guys who start 2nd families are truly fools, but they wanted younger wives… Good luck w/ the gyne – will your injured foot even fit into stirrup, lol? Quite a dream – must be those pain killers!

Oh, and thanks for starting our new thread! I'll have a regular 'rita, no salt, thanks. Not usually something I drink, but maybe it's because the woman who makes them at book club never makes 'em strong enough!

Michelle – Sounds like a nice weekend you had. Maybe Mel's on the right track – you might have an ear infection? I thawed pot roast, but didn't get it going because I had to buy some of the veggies for it. Maybe today if bf gets it going soon enough...

Annie – Happy belated anniversary to your mom & dad. That's a lot of years! Bella must really hate baths. Coal is mostly resigned, once we get him get him hooked in to the tub (we go to a DIY place so we don't have a mess at home). Hope your hand is okay! LOL – too much mail earns extra pushups – guess he'll be in good shape! Pica and guac – yummy!

Hi Ceejay!

As I mentioned to Shad – my weekend was nice and quiet with no guests/entertaining. I did my state taxes on Sat. morning, so that's all done. Also trying to arrange a group of us HS friends to go to a theater show – wish me luck with agreeing on a date. Went on a couple dog walks. Didn't do gym cardio Sunday – did two BE workouts at home instead. Funny story about that is I decided I wanted to do a couple older BE workouts I had on VHS. The tape got stuck in the vcr (sitting unused for years) and I spent a good amount of time digging it out of there (thankfully intact). Then I went to hook up a vcr bf's aunt gave to us last year (when she bought a dvd player), but I discovered the power cord was missing! So of course I ended up doing the dvd workouts. Yesterday afternoon I ended up buying a "classics" Margaret Richards dvd (she's the Body Electric instructor – love her!) which is a combo of 4 of her workout videos originally released on vhs. A bit pricey, even w/ the 25% off sale – but it's 220 minutes of workouts, so it'll be good. Looking forward to getting it!!

Oh, I went to Kohl's Saturday and bought a couple sweaters, some socks, earrings and a pair of jeans. Used a gift card. I bought the jeans in the "long" size because all of my other jeans ("medium" length) are now too short on me. I don't know why - I never wear heels higher than 1". I'm 5'7", just shy of really needing to buy tall sizes, but a longer inseam is obviously necessary. Right now my new jeans are too long, but we'll see how many washes it takes to shorten them. Hopefully before they start fraying at the bottom! Another option might also be Land's End - I believe they sell women's jeans in different inseam lengths.

Okay, have to stop babbling and get back to work! Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #17  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

OK...IT'S TIME TO CHILL OUT AND FIGURE OUT WHAT'S WRONG WITH OUR SHELLEY. MAYBE A DRINK OR TWO IS THE CURE WE'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR. FIX ALL THAT AILS THE WORLDLY CHICKS WHILE WE WAIT FOR SPRING!

"Nibblin' on sponge cake,
Watchin' the sun bake
All those tourists covered with oil.
Strummin' my six string, on my front porch swing.
The smell of the shrimp beginning to boil.

Wasted away again in Margaritaville,
Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt.
Some people claim that there's a woman to blame,
But I know it's nobody's fault.

Don't know the reason, been here all season,
Nothin' to show but this brand new tattoo.
But it's a real beauty, a Mexican cutie,
How it got here I haven't a clue.

Wasted away again in Margaritaville,
Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt.
Some people claim that there's a woman to blame,
But I know ****, it could be my fault."

ANNIE...THE "PARTY" AT MOM'S BEDSIDE SOUNDED NICE...62 YRSz!! GO MOM!! I BET SHE WAS THRILLED INSIDE. I AM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT BELLA RIPPING YOUR HAND OFF. MAYBE SHE'S WATCHING TOO MANY ACTION MOVIES. KILLER DOG STRIKES AGAIN!! YIKES!! IT MUST HAVE BEEN VERY PAINFUL AND I AM GLAD YOU'RE GOING TO THE DR. EVEN THEIR TOOTH TARTAR CAN CAUSE A NASTY INFECTION.

I WENT DOWN TO DO THE WEEKEND REPORTING AND THE SICK MAINT MAN IS STILL THERE! SO I TOSSED THE PATERS AND LEFT. HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN SENT HOME. THERE IS A MEETING TOMORROW NIGHT...IF THERE IS ANYONE SICK ...I AM LEAVING PRONTO. SO FAR I HAVE EVADED THIS DEADLY GERM! MUST BE CAUSE I CAN "RUN" FAST
HAVE A GREAT AFTERNOON

OOPS...ALMOST FORGT WHY I CAME BACK....TOMORROW THERE IS FOOD SHOPPING AND ANOTHER STORM IS PREDICTED FOR TUES/WEDS. I MIGHT GO SHOPPING IN THE MORNING IN CASE THE TRADER JOE THURSDAY TRIP IS CANCELLED. I NEED SOME STUFF....PRODUCE MAINLY AND CAN'T WAIT ANOTHER WHOLE WEEK. ADIOS AMIGAS!
Old 03-01-2010, 12:57 PM   #18  
Happy September

OK....WAITING PATIENTLY FOR LAURA'S POT ROAST LAST NIGHT I WROTE THAT DOWN ON THE SHOPPING LIST. NOW I CAN JUST TAKE MY DRINKS AND GO TO LAURA'S HOUSE!!! HOP YOU GET EVERYONE TO AGREE ON A DATE. MAYBE YOU CAN ALL GO ON THAT HS REUNION SHOW ON THAT TVLD CHANNEL. I CAUGHT A GLIMPSE OF THE LAST ONE. NICE SHOPPING SPREE...ESPECIALLY WITH GIFT CARDS! HOPE THE JEANS SHRINK UP NICE!!
Old 03-01-2010, 01:25 PM   #19  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Laura - So glad you had a nice weekend! How fun to go to a theater show with old friends! Good for you for doing all those BE workouts!! I'm really going to have to check those out. Glad you got some good deals at Kohl's! I hope your jeans shrink up just how you want them. Mine always shrink in the waistband and butt first. Or maybe that's just me gettin' bigger!

Mel - Don't you worry about me, Miss Mellie. I'll be fine. Just pour me another 'rita. I mentioned to a co-worker about the lightheadedness, and he said that some people have to pay lots of money for meds to feel like that...I should just relax and enjoy the freebie! You stay upstairs and party with us and stay away from all those sickies in the office. Hope you can find everything you need at the grocery store.

I'm leaving at 2 today. I normally leave at 3:30, but I came in 1.5 hours early to check reports that ran for the first time today. There were a couple issues...so it's a good thing I came in early. I got the issues fixed and no one is the wiser!
Old 03-01-2010, 01:34 PM   #20  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Chelle...my hand/arm is too beat up from Hella to beat you. You get a "pass" for this past weekend on the rolling pin. This is the only pass you get. Don't get me angry and havta come there.

Laura...I am with you on the Rita's. No salt on the rocks. SHopping at Kohls, wish I'd known you were going there, that is where I buy my bras and I need some new ones. You could of picked some up for me.

MEL...man you are being hit hard with the snow...Yikes. We didn't get any that they predicted for the weekend. Honestly, I think it was too warm for it to snow. This weekend is supposed to be 50 by Sunday. Stay away from the sickos and have fun at Trader Joe's. THat place is expensive, eating healthly is expensive.

Later Gaters
Old 03-01-2010, 01:36 PM   #21  
Annie - Indiana

MMMMM Rita's and Roast. Good combo. I think I am going to put Chili in the crock to plug in tomorrow.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:02 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

wow you ladies are a talkative bunch, must be those maragarita's.

I'm at work. I've had a busy day and really glad every one has gone home. Finally some peace and quiet.

Annie
Ouch for the bite that Bella gave you. It was a wise decision to have the doctor take a look at it.

Happy
You sound better. Don't fret over the house work or even going to work as that matters. Think of this as a vacation.

Michelle
It's been awhile since I've been dizzy headed, but mine is usually from inner ear problems. Take it easy.

Shad, Laura, and Mel
Old 03-02-2010, 04:51 AM   #23  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Where's the day gone? Oh yes 12 hours in the office has a habit of taking away a lot of daylight hours.

Not much to report today. Things just go on and on and on and on.....

Wasted away in Margheriaville Mel. Not good news. Be one helluva headache when it wears off.

Lots of spring flowers in the avatars today. Are you all ready for spring up there?

I'm off to bed. I've had enough of today.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:44 AM   #24  
Happy September

RISE AND SHINE CHICKLETTES!!

OK...SO I LIED....JEN AND RICHIE DECIDED TO GO SHOPPING LAST NIGHT. NOW ALL I HAVE IS THE MEETING AT 6PM. LOOKS LIKE WARMER WEATHER IS ON OUR HORIZON. 40'S TO ALMOST 50. NOT BAD FOR MARCH. I JUST HOPE TOMORROW'S STORM IS SHORT LIVED. I AM STILL FEELING A BIT "BRUISED" UP INSIDE. TAKING THE PEDALS SLOWLY. DON'T WANT TO START OFF THE BACKSIDE AGAIN IF IT AIN'T ONE THING

MICHELLE~ YOUR DAY SOUNDED GREAT. PROBLEMS SOLVED AND HOME EARLY! "ENJOY THE FREEBIE"...THAT WAS TOO FUNNY. BUT I DO HOPE YOU FIGRE OUT WHAT IT IS. MY STEPMOM USED TO ASK ME "DIZZY? OR DIZZIER THAN USUAL?" SMART ALACK SHE WAS!

ANNIE...HEALTHY EATING IS EXPENSIVE...WHY IS THAT?? IF YOU EAT "RIGHT" YOU DON'T NEED A LOT OF CANS AND FANCY PACKAGING...SO IT SHOULD BE CHEAPER RIGHT?

CEEJAY~ WAVING BACK AT YA CEEJAY. I AGREE...ISN'T SILENCE WONDERFUL WHEN EVERYONE GOES HOME? I REALLY LOVE THOSE FIRST FEW MOMENTS. IT'S ALMOST LIKE UNPLUGGINGTHE WORLD

SHAD....SENDING A BIG SOUNDS LIKE THIS IS A GOOD DAY TO SEND YOU AN EXTRA ONE TOO 12 HRS IS A LONG TIME TO SPEND WITH BRUSHES!!! SLEEP WELL MY FRIEND
Old 03-02-2010, 07:46 AM   #25  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING MISS HAPPY.... IS THAT YOU I HEAR TIPTOEING TO THE PC???
Old 03-02-2010, 07:56 AM   #26  
Annie - Indiana

Tuesday and I need tires on my car....bad...sad, at least I have the $$ for it, just cannot find the time to go get them on. Better do so or the $$ will be gone to something else.

Doc put me on a strong antibiotic for bitten hand and told me to get "rid" of the dog. Um, tears, don't know.

MELLIE...joining you this AM for java. Mine is decaf pumpkin spice nonfat latte' from Starbucks. Still using up a gift card. Dreading when it runs out and SB runs out of pumpkin spice. This is a refillable SB giftcard, but who the h*ll is going to refill if for me? How did the meeting go? Any sickies? Did you stay?

Shad...the secret to margaritaville and getting wasted is to never get "unwasted". lol Hence, no headache. Hi ho, hi ho, off to work Shaddie goes. on and on and on.....

Ceejay...I hear ya on the peace and quiet thing at work. That is why I come in 7:15-7:30, no one else arrives till 8-8:30 am. I can get more done in that one hour than the next 7 with everyone here.

Hi's to all. Gotta get off of here as some of the crew has shown up at 7:55, don't they know that is my time.

Love and hugs.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:01 AM   #27  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Tuesday -

I wasn't dizzy or lightheaded by yesterday afternoon. Yay!! And if I don't meet Annie's weight loss challenge it won't be for lack of exercise that's for sure!! Yesterday, I got home early and decided to do a little Wii Fit before going to the gym. I did all the fun and "silly" fitness games - like snowball fight, table tilt, obstacle course, etc. Hard to explain in words. I was careful not to get worn out or sore because I knew I had several classes at the gym. So in addition to the 1/2 hour of Wii Fit, I did 1/2 hour of strength training and 1 hour of Zumba. Tonight is just 1/2 hour of Zumba.

Looking forward to this weekend!! I'm taking Friday off for a me day (though I may switch it to next Friday). And it's supposed to get up to the mid-40s!! Break out the shorts!! This weekend is a fishing expo and a dog show. DH prefers one and I prefer the other...I'm sure we'll come to a good compromise.

Annie - Glad the doc got you on antibiotic for your hand. I'd have a hard time giving the little sh*t up, even if she does bite when she's pissed off. I hear ya' about getting wasted in rita ville...keep it flowing! DH said when he and his buddies were in their early 20s, they actually tried staying buzzed for 4 days to see if they could keep the hangovers at bay. He says it didn't work...and they really paid for it.

Mel - Do you have a blender? If not, I'll bring mine. I prefer my ritas blended with a little salt on the rim. You take it easy today and rest your insides.

Ceejay - Glad you had a peaceful afternoon/evening. That's why I enjoy coming into work as early as I do. I usually get at least an hour or two of quiet before the hoards arrive.

Shad - Hope you don't have to pull too many 12 hour days. Those get old pretty quickly.

Happy - How did the doc appts go? Hope you do okay at work. Remember, keep your foot elevated and minimize the walking around.

I'd better get back to it.

Much love and many hugs my friends,
Old 03-02-2010, 10:11 AM   #28  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning everybody,

Though I have never been wasted away in Margaritaville, I have floated on many an alcohol cloud but that was then and a long time ago. Could not go back to those days now. In fact a silly pain pill pretty much takes me down. But there is something to be said for a few rounds of silliness with good friends

Went to the docs yesterday. All female parts still attached and semi working. Poor DH had to go with me as I am still quite gimpy. He had to sit in a room full of chattery women, most of which were pregnant for well over an hour. He just buried himself in his book and went to his happy place Then I saw the foot doctor in the afternoon. He took the cast off and I got a good look at my foot. It looked yellow (Bentadine wash) and somewhat fragile. I am glad to see the big ganglian cyst is gone - the other night I nudged the blanket to cover my foot and was met with intense pain - thought I popped the tendon again. Doc said he talked to me after surgery but I was pretty out of it - duh yeah ... maybe they should have called DH in so that someone was listening and caring - you think? Anyway he did explain what he did - ok, I typed it out but reading it back I decided to delete it in case someone is squeemish - let's just say he did alot to the foot and it has every right to be whiny and painful But it's looking good and I think while it will be slow going for quite a while yet, I am on the mend.

Bummer on the tires Annie - I thought you just put a big repair on your car about 6 months ago. Was thinking tires but I guess I was wrong. At least the money is there. As for Hella, that's a tough call - sounds like she is pretty aggressive and that's not a good thing. And you can get a pretty nasty infection from a pet bite - my aunt was hospitalized for a week for what at first seemed an innocent but deep cat bite or scratch. I know it's your pet and I would have mixed feelings myself but depending on how aggressive she is, you have to consider your safety and those who might be around her. As for bras, everyone is having sales now - online and in the stores - time to stock up! And lastly a very happy belated anniversary and congratulations to your parents - it's really wonderful to see someone still together for that long!

Good morning Miss Mel. Thanks for putting a fresh pot of coffee on. Smells wonderful and tastes just as good! I hope the advancing storm peters out in Pennsylvania before it hits you. Enough of winter, let's get into spring time! Happy produce shopping - let us know what you picked up.

Shad - twelve hour work days are enough to dull out anyone. That's one thing I think I'd not like about being a consultant. Especially when you are working far from home - nothing else to do but go back to the hotel or flat so it makes for long days on a short assignment. I don't envy you your life! What to do now that you are finished with the carbon brushes?

Ceejay - I'm with you. I rather enjoy the peace and quiet of the office when no one is around. Like Annie and Michelle, it makes coming in early worth the effort. Meant to ask you if your Rav4 was one of the many models Toyota had a problem with? Our cars are older models so we escaped that fiasco. I am a little disappointed in Toyota though - they way they handled this is out of character for the way I have known them up until now.

Michelle - two hours of exercise yesterday???? I know you like those endorphins but it's that a little rough on your back? I'm sure it's hard to beat the excitement of feeling good after being down for a while but just make sure you don't overdo it! Not sure what to say about the dizziness other than to agree with the others about unexplained vertigo or sinus issues that affect the inner ear. If it doesn't go away naturally in a few weeks then maybe you should get it checked out although that is one of those symptoms that seem to baffle doctors.

Laura - you made a good point on the jeans. I buy petites (when I can find them) and at first they are fine but as time goes on and the flood waters rise, so it seems do my pants And the averages are just too long. And I do not have the cute long thin legs to roll up my jeans (did I mention that cuffs are the downfall of short people ) It never occured to me to think that they shunk just a little bit each time they got washed. Yay on finding the Margaret Richards DVDs. So worth it I think if you like an instructor's style. I feel the same about Gaiam DVDs with Anna Cabon doing Pilates. Or Susanne Deason with yoga.

Bargoo - I'm sure there's a way to come up with some sort of lower carb frozen margarita. Probably the alchohol is the biggest calorie demon but we can dream, can't we?

Ok, well I am working from home this week. Still not able to comfortably get around on the foot and the doc said it would be best to rest it as much as I can. So it's back to my reports. Have a good day everybody.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:00 AM   #29  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy - Such a good DH to take you to the gyne appt! Whenever I've had surgery, the doc has always called DH or whoever was with me in to explain what was done, so that someone remembers. Sorry he had to do so much for your foot...but glad you realize it's going to be SLOW GOING!! Now does that mean, Miss Happy, that you will TAKE IT SLOW and give yourself TIME to heal? And listen to your doc to REST it as much as you can? Thanks for your concern about my back...actually it did pretty well. There was just a little soreness (good soreness) after the workouts, so I put some Ben Gay type rub on it. My back and quad are a little sore today...but nothing bad. I won't overdo it, I promise. I am so, so glad you're working from home this week! I was really worried about you trying to go in to work as I know it's difficult to set up a work environment so that it's conducive to healing (e.g., feet propped up, limited walking, etc.).

Annie - Bummer about needing new tires...but better to get them sooner rather than risk a flat or blow out, especially since you have the $$.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #30  
Annie - Indiana

Happy...yes indeed, I did have a repair about 6 mos ago. The windshield wiper motor thingy, that Tony paid for. Do I need to pay him back?

Chelle...glad you made it through the work out with minimal back pain. Look out 214 here comes Chelle.
Closed Thread