Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 08:23 AM   #106  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning and Happy Hump Day, Again..man it comes around fast. High today 65 with rain. I can take the rain when it is warm. YEAH!!

What a fun, full packed evening last night. Left work, visited momma, got hair cut. DD and BF came over as did Brother and SIL. I baked the vegetable lasagna I put together on Monday, made ghetto garlic bread, and topped it off with the pumpkin spice cupcakes with cream cheese icing I made on Monday also. Was a fun night and made it to bed by 9:30.

Chelle...get outta that funk, yeah yeah, get outta that funk, yeah man. That was me singing to you, be glad you cannot actually hear me. lol. Lots of Zumba and endorphin building, perfect just what you need. As long as your "Chelle" day is filling up with "You" stuff then it is ok. A friend and I are supposed to start the Jillian 30 day shred on Monday. We will see how motivated we are on Monday. We are waiting till Monday as she is the one I am double dating with on Saturday night with the new guy and we are going out for Italian. Why ruin a perfectly good weekend with exercise. hahahha.

MELLIE MELLIE...don't work too hard. Yes, to extra bucks. We all like the sound of that. Have a great Wednesday, my dear.

Laura....do tell on Shutter Island. DD and I almost saw that instead of Alice in Wonderland, which we enjoy a lot. Great job on exercising. Two gold stars for you.

Hello to everyone.

Love and Hugs.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:50 AM   #107  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Annie - Glad you had a great evening! Veggie lasagna and pumpkin spice cupcakes?! Yummmm! And you didn't invite me over? I'm hurt. Seriously though, I am getting out of the funk. Last night's endorphins helped a lot!! And I'll have a lot more tonight after the hour long Zumba. And I picked up my anti-d rx last night. Let me know how 30 day shred goes, and even more important, how the date goes!! So you liked Alice in Wonderland? I've been thinking about seeing that...I really like Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:39 AM   #108  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning one and all,

You sure are right Annie, hump day seems to fly over very quickly. I always get caught up short making sure everything is pulled together in time for DH to take the trash to the curb.

He went to his first acupuncture treatment yesterday. Said some needles were like a light rubber band snap, some hit the nerve - kind of like that electrical nerve conduction test I would NOT be liking that! Said it wasn't too bad and that some body parts were feeling better, some worse. The guy said that each person was different and some people feel really bad the next day. Unlike a massage, I guess drinking water to wash out the toxins does not help in this case. He's going to give it a couple of treatments to see if that does anything long term for pain management.

I worked a l-o-n-g day yesterday. From 7am to 1am this morning. Had to get some special reports out on a short deadline. It was good that I was mostly off my foot but from the ankle up I was still and sort from sitting in one place for so long. Can yah ever win?????

Michelle - I know you like them endorphins but don't you go running wild at Zumba class tonight you dancing machine Sounds like you have a great workout program going there. Hope you feel better nothing a little bit of sun and 70 degree weather wouldn't fix, right? I think this is a bummer time of year - we're tired of winter and anxious and restless, not always sure why. I had to laugh at your comment about the painter guys finding the house with the penquins out front Maybe you should make them part of the permanent yard scene and arrange them for holidays

Annie - yummo on the veggie lasagna. Do you use red or white sauce. I love the vegetable stuff way better than the meat kind. You will have to share a recipe Usually Johnny Depp movies are way out there for me but I sure would love to see Alice in Wonderland. Was looking at the trailers and I was fascinated by the makeup and artistry. No way will DH come with me, so I'll have to wait until it comes on cable. So you have a double date, eh? Well at least you'll have others to talk with if this one doesn't work out. And then, maybe again it will be alot of fun - hoping so for you I'm so glad to hear the parathyroid tests came back normal. What a relief! Of course it makes you wonder what they screwed up in the first place!

Mel - make lots of money today. Hope you sit there by the phone and it only rings once and it's a wrong number. I'm sure we both know it won't go down that way but we can hope...

Laura - the insurance will cover acupuncture IF it is administered by a licensed physician. Thing is though, most acupuncturists, while licensed, are not M.D.s - I can say that this guy sure did take the take to be thorough and ask and answer alot of questions - far more than the standard physician now a days. So are you getting the bug to do something around the house? We always seem to be out of sync with our partners when it comes to that stuff - unless it's something simple like just going to the store to buy new stuff to redecorate

Ceejay - sounds like you need a long weekend soon with something special to look forward to. It's a long stretch between the Christmas holidays and Memorial Day in May. I think we all need something mid way (like around now) just to break up the boredom of work. Joel Osteen notwithstanding

Speaking of work, I'm sure Shad is buried up to the what did you call it - number 9 wire (top of her hair) with tons of things to do over the next week. Don't make your days TOO long.

And with that, I need to get busy myself. Back to spreadsheets and reports. Happy Hump Day! Go hump someone you love
Old 03-10-2010, 10:02 AM   #109  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy - Your DH gave an accurate description on what acupuncture feels like. I don't even feel some of the needles, some pinch a little (like a light rubber band snap), and some do send shockwaves through your body - not in a good way! I sure hope it helps! My DH will likely be trying acupuncture in a few weeks. When I had the acupuncture in my back, my acupuncturist told me to take it easy the remainder of the day (no Zumba-ing or heavy duty exercise) and to drink plenty of water. He said my usual water intake 8-10 glasses/day was fine. Working 7am to 1 am - you WERE working from home, right? I'm glad you were off your foot, and I hope you don't have to put in as many hours today. I won't run wild at Zumba tonight. As for our penguins...we do have 2 on the front porch that stay out year 'round because they are cast iron (I think) and weigh about 75 lbs each! So I put sheets on them at Halloween time and turn them into ghosts.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:23 AM   #110  

Good morning ladies!

Mel - Don't work too hard now, and I hope it goes quickly!

Michelle - Enjoy your Zumba tonight, but take it easy on the tough moves.

Annie - Last night sounded like a very nice evening. I'm enjoying these mild temps too. Keep it coming, Mother Nature! LOL re ruining a good weekend w/ exercise. Those are my sentiments about dieting, ha ha.

Happy - What a loooong workday. Must have been hard to get going this morning. I hope DH gets some relief from the acupuncture. I'm glad he found the "sticker" to be thorough.

Hellos to Shad & Ceejay!

Our movie group saw "Shutter Island' last night and I enjoyed it. I found the last half hour or so very gripping. Leonardo Dicaprio did a great job. I like Mark Ruffalo a lot, but his role wasn't all that significant. Usually I've read a review or two of a movie before going in, but this time all I'd seen was the previews, so I didn't really know what it was about except for creepy island and mental hospital. The previews made me think, this could either be really good or really bad, and then the release was postponed from last fall to now, so I was worried... Then bf's mother had seen it and reported that she enjoyed Leo, but was a bit disappointed because it wasn't what she thought. But I'm glad it wasn't a ghost story type of movie and found it very entertaining.

Nothing going on today as far as meetings. Looking forward to Friday, when I take a half day off to go to the Flower & Garden show. Hope I can find a coupon for a discount on the ticket.

Okay, better get busy. Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by Laura705; 03-10-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:02 AM   #111  
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - Glad you enjoyed the movie. I had heard it was suspenseful and a little scary. A psychological thriller sort of. Is that what you thought of it? A half day on Friday to go to the Flower and Garden show! What a lovely way to spend the afternoon. I looked up the website and it looks wonderful! I so wish we had more time this weekend to head down there for it. I've never even been to Navy Pier. Enjoy!
Old 03-10-2010, 11:45 AM   #112  
Annie - Indiana

Happy...they didn't screw up the first time...I HAD A MIRACLE!!
Old 03-10-2010, 11:47 AM   #113  
Annie - Indiana

My apprearance here may be sporadic in the next few days....

My dad had been experiencing his defibrillator firing due to irregular heart rhythm that his pacemaker could not keep up with since around 10 pm last night. He had tried to call my brother and SIL all night long however their phones were downstairs. My brother noticed dad had been trying to call when he went downstairs this morning and called him back. They then called 911. He is at Community East. They do not know why his heart is beating irregular. ER has him on meds to control the rhythm and morphine to "knock him out". Dad is experience very high anxiety and stress because of mom and finances. They also think the defibrillator/pacemaker (all one gadget) could be "misfiring" due to a mechanical failure. I do not care to see his defib go off ever again, his eyes roll back in his head, his head tilts back, the it jerks him about 6 inches off the bed. Dad's cardiologist is in heart surgery until about 1:30 pm today, then will be with dad. I will go back to the hospital around 2pm. I gave the assignment of talking to mom to my older brother. Right now we are only telling her that dad is having a little trouble with his pacemaker and is getting it checked out. Dad goes to see mom every day from about 9:30am-6pm. I am sure when he did not show up this morning, she went into panic mode. My brother and SIL are with her now.
Please pray for my mom and dad.

Love ya's chicks.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #114  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - Ohmygosh!! So sorry to hear about your poor dad. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your mom, your dad and your whole family! Luvya sister! Hang in there.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:26 PM   #115  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Oh Annie - your poor Daddy When it rains it pours. Good thoughts and prayers to all of you! That sounds horrid.

And Laura I am jealous of the flower show. Hoping we could sneak a visit to the Botanical Gardens when we come up in June but I don't know, we won't have much time and it's a long drive (longer with summer construction) from my mom's. Hope you enjoy. Sniff a few for me and take some nice pics

Back to work now...
Old 03-10-2010, 04:12 PM   #116  
Creating a Healthier Me

Yes, Laura, PLEASE take photos of the flower show!! Thanks!
Old 03-10-2010, 04:28 PM   #117  

Annie - Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope the docs figure out what's going on and FIX IT!! My thoughts and prayers to your dad and mom and the rest of the family. Stay strong!

All the years I've been going to that Flower & Garden show and I can't recall bringing my camera. No, maybe I did last year. Hmmm. Well, I'll definitely bring it this year! Michelle - you have to get to Navy Pier sometime, but a warning - very touristy and can be sooo crowded in the summer. This time of year isn't bad. If the weather's nice, it's very pleasant to walk outside down the pier to where the expo hall is located (except for the obnoxious PA system blaring music). If it's not nice, I walk through inside, and at one point there's a stained glass window museum to enjoy. BTW, I picked up a $2 off admission coupon from a local bank at lunch time today.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:36 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
Hugs, Hope the cardiologist can fix the problem. Sending your dad good vibes and prayers.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:18 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

yipee i'm off for 4 days.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:30 AM   #120  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Too tired, can't think. I'll be back when my mojo returns.

Annie - hope dad is holding up okay. Hugs to you all
Closed Thread