Old 11-13-2009, 09:38 AM   #76  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning, and thank you for that invite Reda unfortunately August is killer busy for me at the summer job, I can barely take off at the end for Labor Day, but thanks again, LOL now you can know what's going on with the plans because you'll be making them

Had a very unproductive day on Wednesday, sometimes the depression rears up and I'm just not myself, spent most of the day in bed which is shameful but I did. Yesterday was better, got to town and got snow tires put on car. Today I have no choice to do nothing, back to work.

I weighed yesterday and am up 2 pound, to 155. Can't....gain....more!

yesterday was 30 Day Shred, today was Karen Voigt step/cardio.

have a great day chicks
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 03:14 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Hello taking a quick break, volunteering again today serving for the Dart Tournament at our Club, more $'s for the rider funds

Oh ya Holly summer job doesn't it make you smile

Well it has turned out to be a nice day here but stuck inside then tonight is our meeting/potluck so probably won't get to be outside at all today

Hi Tammy hope your weekend is going good

Talk to you later girlies have a great one
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:40 PM   #78  
Biker Chick!

good evening chicks, have you had trouble getting to this site in the past couple days? Lots of times I got server errors, no connection. But okay now.

this morning I did 30 day Shred level 2. And still ate too much, or at least the wrong stuff, at work. I can't get into that bad winter habit!!!

Too bad , Reda, that you were stuck indoors all day and maybe night. But hope your meeting/potluck is good.

Hi Tammy! Hi Mandy!

My 30th high school reunion is going on right now, near Princeton, NJ. I had a high school girlfriend who lives outside of Boston, ask me if I wanted to go with her, that she would drive..I still didn't want to. Lots of not-so-good memories of family life back then ('blended' family, alcoholic mother) so it really isn't a time I want to 're-live'. Have you all gone to your respective High school anniversaries?

It is raining like crazy here, I guess the leftovers from the Hurricane. But we haven't had rain in a couple weeks almost, so we can't complain.

have a good night
Old 11-14-2009, 09:42 PM   #79  

You know Holly I have been having some troubles as well but I just log in again and it goes fine.....

I did go to my 20 year class reunion a couple of years ago and really didn't care much if I went or not because I only went to school here half my junior year and my senior year - dad was in service so never stayed in once place for more than usually 18 months, anyways glad I went just to see how much everyone including myself have changed over the years and my
DH went to school with everyone his whole life even though he is a year ahead of them We did have fun though

Rain well we got that yesterday but then today was nice
Meeting went good it was very informal just set up next meeting and to see how many couples would like to adopt a special needs person for xmas instead of doing a toy drive and we have a very good turn out for that- yay

I have stayed on top of my exercise this week as well evern though it has only been 20 minutes a day stilling getting some in

Well hope you are a great night and will check back in tomorrow
Old 11-15-2009, 12:11 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Hey ladies,

I have had trouble getting on as well. It was very frustrating! Any hoo.

Holly, sorry the depression monster reared it's ugly head.... I hate that guy..... but I am glad you are feeling better. I think that the weather has a lot to do with mine...... even though I am not an avid outside person.... I hate being cooped up with no CHOICE of going somewhere or not.

I did not graduate, I got my GED right after I quit school. However, I was invited to go to the 10 year reunion. I did not. Holly, like you..... I had an alcoholic mother and things at home were not great so I did not want to go re live it. I see most of the people I went to school with occasionally and that is fine with me. I think things like facebook are great to keep up with the people that you want to (lol). I moved a lot also..... so I don't have a lot of years with one particular group of kids to reunite with.

I had coffee earlier today..... not sleepy again. Oh well, I guess it is a price worth paying on the weekends. Tomorrow I will not be drinking caffeinated coffee..... I don't want another sleepless Sunday night.

I am going to attempt to sleep. I hope you ladies have a good day tomorrow.
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 12:13 AM   #81  

Holly, I forgot to address the 2 pounds... I know you will get it off...... and when it starts to bother you-- remember the dumpster fiasco! Who could do that?

CC, you are kicking serious exercise butt! You go girl!
Old 11-15-2009, 08:45 AM   #82  

Good Morning Girls

Tammy hopefully you are still sleeping since you were up so late (early) this morning.......

Well cleaning house today and getting my exercise in and that is about it on the agenda today not to much cleaning to do either thank goodness

Have a great day
Old 11-15-2009, 08:57 AM   #83  
Biker Chick!

good morning, yes I also hope Tammy had a nice full night's sleep

WTG Reda for getting your exercise in!

this morning I did 30 DS Level 3. I am gonna try to do a diff routine every other day, so that I do 30 DS every other day also. There's no doubt that 30DS has really helped pecs and arms! and of course core (for dumpster diving )

IF it was sunny here I would ride bike to work..it is relatively mild (mid 40's now) but totally overcast and still a bit drippy.

Tammy, did you know of the Arkansas author who died recently? Donald Harington. One thing I can do on slow afternoons at work is read all the newspapers, and his obituary was in The Boston Globe. Apparently he wrote novels set in a fictional town of Stay More, Arkansas. They sound interesting, I might see if I can find them in the library. Something to read on slow afternoons at the store

well enjoy your Sundays, chicks!
Old 11-15-2009, 09:49 AM   #84  

Holly, I did not know of that author but I think I will look him up. Of late (about the past 9 months or so) I have become a book worm (or nerd however you look at it). I am not a big fiction reader (unless it is romance), but give me a health/wellness book and I am there. Anyway, I found a book last night at Books A Million and I am thinking about getting it...... it is (of course) about eating....I cannot quote the exact title, but it is about ending overeating. I skimmed through it last night when I was on the net (and at the bookstore). It is pricy at $25 and at first I was in no way going to pay that much, but it has a lot of good points. It is by a doctor, but does not bore you to death. One of the points is about fast food and how stripped it is. It goes into a little detail like a flour tortilla (yummo) how it is stripped of water and everything and the moment it is put into a "vat" at a mexican restarurant how it absorbs the oil b/c it is so dry. That is why they say to bake them if you have to eat them. I just think this stuff is interesting. Am I going to stop eating them all together, absolutely not! But, I think it is nice to be informed. Am I going to turn into someone who is super obsessed, I hope not..... but I would like to know. Will I still stop at a mom and pop place on side of the road when on a bike trip..... you bet your bippy I will...... that is my real life..... but I don't have to eat out every meal of the day. Anywoo..... I am done boring you all on that stuff.

CC, ahhhh house cleaning day! At least you don't have too much to do.

I went to sleep around 1am.... I got up with a HUGE sinus headache. Little better now.... I went grocery shopping at 7am b/c I knew I would not want to deal with it later. And we are taking youngest DS2 out his bday (Tuesday) today b/c of scheduling issues. After I went on my little educational spill on food..... we are going to take him to eat Japanese.

Holly, isn't it awesome to know you have the muscles to go dumpster diving?
Old 11-15-2009, 09:00 PM   #85  
Biker Chick!

Tammy - is it "the end of overeating' by David Kessler? I've heard it is a GREAT and fantastic book. He was the former head of the Food and Drug Administration.

And NO, you don't obsess over this stuff, you are informed, and you want to keep informed :wink:
Old 11-15-2009, 09:30 PM   #86  
Biker Chick!

Crave Man
David Kessler Knew That Some Foods Are Hard to Resist; Now He Knows Why

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...042602711.html
Old 11-16-2009, 09:32 AM   #87  
Biker Chick!

Good morning chicks Even though its Monday to everyone else, it's my Thursday woohoo for that. I just finished doing Gilad's 45/45 Strength tape, it's all standing or floor strength stuff. There is a butt exercise that I HATE to do, BUT () it is so effective for butt and hips that I'd be crazy not to do it all the time.

Overcast here and just around 40 degrees. If it were sunny, strong sun, I would take the bike. But not the way it is now. OH well.

There was a situation at work yesterday that, if I had ANY respect left at all for boss, it would have been gone....but since I have no respect for him anyway, he's now in the major negative rating of loss of respect I don't have time now, but I will type it out tonight when I get home.

gotta eat some breakfast, pack a lunch and get ready for work . Hope y'all have a great day!
Old 11-16-2009, 09:43 AM   #88  

Holly,

Thanks for posting that link. IT was a good article. I am going to get the book!

I am sorry your boss is a butt! Just think..... it is just seasonal. Maybe one of the weekend gigs will pan out and get you out of his employment "h-e-double hockey sticks.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I am still battling the sinus junk. After I ate yesterday I went to bed and stayed there most of the day...... I did go to boot camp this AM and made it through it.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:52 PM   #89  

Hello well it was a Monday thats for sure......

Holly that was an interesting article and sorry to hear about the boss you will have to tell ....... Hope all went good today at your job and just think tomorrow is Friday for you

Well today I did 30 min of aerobics and walked on treadmil for 30 so did lots today but I had time today of which I usually don't have - I just can't exercise when other people are home so have to get it done before anyone gets home......

Well I suppose I should get going I will check back in later
Old 11-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #90  
Biker Chick!

Tammy, I am sorry you have the sinus hurts!! They are a big pain (literally, huh) and so very uncomfortable. I hope you get relief!!

CChick, woo hoo on your L-O-N-G workout!!

well the situation yesterday was, a young guy came into the store, and it was obvious he was not from around here...just 'urban' I'll say. He said his girl had a terrible toothache and she sent him for Exedrin. I got him the little two-dose packet and rang it up, and while waiting to get the $2.oo from him, he just talked and talked and talked about toothaches, pain, his tolerance to pain, the car accident he was in, his friend's toothache...!!!

A good ten minutes later, he's still talking about nothing, what happened to the girl that was in excrutiating pain waiting for him?! My boss was on the other side of the store but in clear view, he could see what was going on, and SMIRKING at me, he should have come over and at least stood behind the register with me as a show of support, or he could have said something to release me from there...but no, he just stood about 20 feet away watching and doing nothing.

Then the guy finally pays because another customer came up. Then the urban guy is still hanging around, looking around, just talking out loud 'what else do i need' and picks up a pack of Starburst..'How much is this?' I tell him 69 cents and he buys it...almost makes it out the door, then comes bac in and says out loud " maybe should get a paper, how much are they' and then buys a newspaper, and then says "I might be back to get my girl some soup" and then FINALLY drives off.

Well my stupid boss comes over laughing and joking about it, I was sooo pissed that he is so 'situationally UNaware' of stuff. I really got the vibes that the guy was checking out the store, the layout, my reactions, by the way he was just prolonging his stay with the tiny purchases. And then saying he might be back later, when I would be alone.

When my boss was going to leave about an hour later, and I expressed my anxiety about the guy coming back, boss points out to me that there is a club thing, a heavy stick-thing under the register. As if I would use that in the case of a robbery or something. I would just give up the money gladly!! But I was worried enough to call DH and he didn't like the sound of the situation either, and sure enough, he showed up before dark and stayed with me until I closed.

CChick, as a store owner, wouldn't you also think that was a dicey situation? and I can't imagine you would leave an employee alone to deal with it.