Old 12-28-2009, 09:11 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Girls

It is Monday been on the phone again today since 6am but it is slowing down now so with everyone out of house already I am going to exercise and get my BL Wii out and start it up - I will let you know how it is when done

Ok off to get it done before I decide to get lazy
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:31 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Good Morning ladies,

I did boot camp today for the first time in 5 days...... it was brutal!
I am glad there are not any 5 days off from boot camp until next year. Whew, it was tough.

Reda, that sounds like a really cool purse. I am glad Santa was good to you.

Holly, I am sorry you are not getting much snow. They are calling for a "dusting" here on New Year's Eve. I think mother nature got my wish for snow on Christmas Eve mixed up with New Year's. DH has to work until past midnight on New Year's Eve doing road blocks. It is bad enough he has to work on New Year's Eve (EVERY one), but put snow with drunks..... not a good combo.

I managed to lose 1/2 pound over the holidays. I did not exercise much, except taking Jake for a walk..... but I did stay on the go..... so I wasn't in the house eating the walls.

My son's have not reached the point of thankfulness for socks yet. Lol. Maybe one day.

Holly, where did you get your step aerobic tapes? I want some for home..... but I am too cheap to buy the newer ones. I thought if I could look online I could find some at a lower price.

Gosh, Reda..... your Jamaica trip is not too far away. When you posted it..... it seem so far.

Well, we talked about Vegas again. Not sure if we are really going to go or not. I sure would like to pay my car down and get rid of the little credit cards we have. We may just take little trips through the year and pay the debt down. It would be nice to be debt free. We will see......

I have to get busy. Y'all have a good day.
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:30 AM   #228  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning chicks well we got about 3 or so inches of fresh snow yesterday, made the skiers and business owners happy for the afternoon. Now it is 9 degrees and the wind is howling, ugh. Brutal!

Tammy you managed to LOSE over Christmas, OMG! and oh yeah, working out after a few days' break is hard isn't it. That is a kinda scary thought of having drunks on the road combined with snow on NY eve
lol @ your sons not ready yet to be thankful for socks

getting credit debt is a big goal for me too. Each time I pay off a little more than the month before, i'm all

Hi Reda, are you guys all dug out from your tons of snow?

Tammy, I got most of my exercise tapes from collagevideo.com . I have been so fortunate that I have NOT had any of what I think was sciatica pain lately, so I have been able to do the step tapes. I like them, I know they are good for a steady calorie burn while you do upper body toning or just stepping. The step tapes I have are: Gilad's Step and Tone; Karen Voigt Cardio Strength; and Keli Roberts The Ultimate Step Workout.

Well usually I am dancing with joy on Tuesdays because usually it's my "Friday" but I have to work tomorrow (to 'make up for having Christmas off' - boss's words - maybe he's still not human yet )

have a great day!

Last edited by VermontMom; 12-29-2009 at 07:32 AM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:00 AM   #229  

Holly, thanks for the step tape tips. I am going to look into it.
Ya know, your boss may never step into the human feeling threshold. Lol. At least he is just the winter boss and you can look forward to the summer job. Too bad Reda doesn't have a store up your way. I am glad you got the snow and are getting the business. I would much rather be busy than to sit around or have to dust the same area over and over.

Thanks for the compliment on losing weight over Christmas.... but I ate Chinese yesterday at lunch Water weight gain stinks!

Reda, I hope you are enjoying your time off. I hope you are relaxing some...... not just doing housework and such.

They are calling for snow/sleet here today.... like a 40% chance. So you know you cannot get within a mile of a grocery store b/c people think it is the end of the world. Lol. Now, last January when we had that ice storm it seemed like it, but running to the store did not do any good b/c the food would just ruin-- unless you put in outside in the ice that damaged your house.

I am going to get busy now. I hope you both have a great day.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:16 AM   #230  
Biker Chick!

LOL @ putting the food outside your house in the ice that would ruin it!

a last minute check in, that I did 30 Day Shred level 2. Those squats with the hand held weights doing the V shape up...killer!!
Old 12-29-2009, 10:11 AM   #231  

Good Morning girls

Yep out and about now - snow all plowed but boy it is suppose to be high of single digits and at night below 0 for the next week so the snow isn't going anywhere and there is alot of it.

Great job losing over the holidays Tammy that is great- I have maintained thank goodness

Well I got to do BL Wii yesterday and I think it is going to be good- boy it does work your legs and core they both are sore today - doing alot of squats and lunges however I am really watching my food intake now as well - I always do to some extent but now I really have to stay on top of it

Holly how is your DH liking his new job?

Tammy sorry to hear that your DH has to work every New Years Eve and why can't all people be responsible and just not drive when they have had a few drinks - sorry but I am really against the driving after drinking and for me that means only 1 beer and we don't drive - have always been that way and always will be.....

Well yesterday I did go to the store with my sister and shopped for a few hours so took a break from cleaning but now today I have to get all this finished so back to work I go as well - Oh good note my phone finally not ringing off the hook this morning at 6am everyone was nice enough to wait till about 8

Have a Great Day
Old 12-30-2009, 09:36 AM   #232  

Good Morning Ladies,

How are you doing? I am fair. I have to take DS#2 to the ortho doctor today to see if he is going to need surgery (gosh I hope not--he has no ins). DS#1 hit me up for the money that I won in my bet b/c he needed a truck part. I don't understand why he does not budget his $ better...... but one of my goals for 2011 is to MAKE him stand on his own...... It broke my heart to give him my bet $. So, I threw myself a pity party and went to bed early. Oh well, I am somewhat better today.

There is not much else going on down here... it was sleeting a little when I left WM a little bit ago, but other than that, no bad weather (knock on wood). I am just coasting until the New Year.

I hope you both have a good day.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:07 AM   #233  
Biker Chick!

good morning - Tammy, I hope DS #2 does not need surgery! (is this for the broken arm?) and about DS#1, well you do what you feel you need to, I am sorry you don't have the bet $ to play with but you don't want him to be transportation-less either...

Hi Reda, I hope you got some "Reda Time" yesterday

Yesterday at work there was a very uncomfortable situation, the deli cook guy asked for more money for working 8 hours on 'his days off' on these holiday weeks (he gets salarly) and the boss exploded, rightfully so. But they argued where EVERYONE could hear them, and the f-bomb was dropped many times, it was quite embarassing! don't know how it will be resolved, guess I'll find out when I go in today.

This morning I did Keli Roberts step aerobics tape. Yesterday I didn't have a cookie at work, but I did have seconds at dinnertime.

well the sun is shining so that is a nice plus, even though it is still below 5 degrees out there now, at 10 am! the poor dog got too cold halfway through doing his outdoor duty and just stood there, first lifting up a front paw and a rear leg at the same time..but he won't let us put socks on him either.

have a great day chicks

Last edited by VermontMom; 12-30-2009 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:13 AM   #234  

Holly, good job on your exercise and no cookie. Wow, that would be uncomfortable at work, especially with 2 men dropping the "f-bomb". Ya know, that is the whole point of salary...... sometimes it works out for you and sometimes it doesn't. I know the boss is "sub human" but this time he is (like you said) kinda in the right. No one wants to work for "free" on their days off..... but salary is salary, and it is supposed to be calculated in for that..... IMO. Poor Eddie (isn't that his name), I don't think I would want to do my business outside at 5 below either. Lol.

Reda, I hope you are still enjoying your time off. I am ready for tomorrow afternoon so I will be off for another few days (it will be my last few days off in a row for awhile ).

I am going to get busy (again). I will check in later.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:40 AM   #235  

Hello Girls

Well I went back to work yesterday but ended up being taken off work - the ball of my foot has been swollen and really sore the last week or so .... Really sore just to walk on it but I am stubborn and keep going anyways yesterday got up and around and went to work but it hurt so bad I figured I better make a DR appt (well really want it better before trip gets here) anyways they took xrays and didn't see anything so took blood work because they are thinking gout...... Anyways told me to go home elevate and stay off it till Monday ???? So back off work today and of course everyone is like you need to stay off it because they know how stubborn I am.....So I did promise to stay off my foot last night and today so that I can go out tonight for New Years, then tomorrow I will elevate and keep off it again.

Holly great job on exercise and not having cookie
Sad to say your boss is in the right not wanting to give extra money that
is the whole reason you are on Salary you may have to work extra hours to do what it takes to keep the store running smoothly.....However the conversation should not have been out in public it should have been in the back room or something
We are getting all that cold weather as well last night with wind chill was suppose to be 21 below 0 and the same during the day so way to cold for me glad I am stuck at home

Tammy so sorry to hear about DS - I hope he does not have to have surgery either especially with no insurance and as for DS1 so sorry you had to give him your bet $ but then again that is probably better than him not getting his truck fixed and then he is calling you for rides all the time????
Will he pay you back when he gets paid from his job? I will and do borrow my boys money because quite frankly at their age they have not learned how important it is to manage their money however I do have them pay me back because that is one thing that I want them to understand is that people including us will not be expected to just hand it to them.... You
know they are usually very good about paying me back to - if it is like a 100 bucks I will tell them that they only have to give me 50 this check and 50 next check but I do stand by paying me back

So today while I am stuck at home on the chair with foot elevated I am going to work on my new purse covers - I did get 2 done last night - posted them on my facebook wall- you will have to look
I told DH I am going to make one for each day of the year that way I will have a different purse every day I made one especially for tonight and the other one well it was my first one made so it was my practice one - the material was a yard and cost .50 cents so I was out nothing if I couldn't get it figured out... However I did get it figured out and now I am on a roll - yippeee

Ok well I suppose this is a long post and I hope you guys have a GREAT NEW YEARS !!!!!
Old 12-31-2009, 10:57 AM   #236  

Good Morning Ladies!

Good News..... NO SURGERY! He did an x-ray and said he is nice and young and the bone is growing new bone around the broken one. He said eventually it will not be crooked anymore either. Yay! That was a huge relief! I wish I would have known that before I ate everything I could get my hands on.... causing me to have a massive tummy ache! Oh well..... I consider myself very fortunate in the regard I don't have to pay for surgery.

As far as my DS paying the $ back, at first he did not want to borrow it-- he wanted to know if there was something he could do to "earn" it. But, I told him it was my bet money and I needed it back. So, he is going to pay me back. I guess I get so upset b/c I see his potential and know he is wasting it not being financially responsible. I have to remind myself that his situation was different than mine (I had 2 kids by his age).

Reda, girl you need to quit being stubborn and stay off that foot. You don't want to end up having to have surgery or something like that. You said they did lab work.... did it come back as gout? They say that is very painful! And sometimes it comes from eating too much of a certain thing (like cherries and I think some fish). It is odd how our bodies work..... Just be careful. I don't want you to end up in the hospital or having to cancel a vacation.

Holly, how are you today? Are you off on New Year's Day or do you have to work?

I did boot camp this AM but my heart was not in it. I am getting off early so I am going home and doing some cleaning and making a big thing of stew or something b/c DH will be chilled to the bone when he gets home after midnight. He hates the New Year's Eve deal b/c it is always sooooo cold on them.

I have rambled enough. I hope you girls have a good, safe night. Talk to you tomorrow (hopefully).

Tammy
Old 12-31-2009, 03:14 PM   #237  

That is Great that DS2 does not have to have surgery and that it is healing so good and that DS1 is going to pay you back your bet $ - You know
our youngest will do stuff around the house to earn extra $'s instead of borrowing sometimes to and believe me there is always something to do and I don't mind finding him something to do most of the time. Well you would have to get him home long enough to even do anything lately

Tammy the blood work is not back yet so not for sure that it is Gout yet.
I have stayed off it so far all day today just been sitting in recliner with foot up and working on cutting and pinning my purse covers. The doctor said that Gout has something to do with protein and acid and that it goes to your coldest part of the body which is usually foot and then crystalizes which causes the pain and then that causes the swelling adn redness.....
Not sure about Cherries or fish because I do not eat either one of those ever.....

Well I suppose I should get off here as well and take a nap can't do much of anything else
Old 01-01-2010, 02:10 PM   #238  

Happy New Year!!!!
Old 01-01-2010, 03:38 PM   #239  

Happy New Year all of you HAWT biker chicks. I hope we get a lot of ride time and acheive what we want for our WL goals.

Tammy
Old 01-01-2010, 08:59 PM   #240  
Biker Chick!

QUOTE=ladyrider72472;3068103]Happy New Year all of you HAWT biker chicks. I hope we get a lot of ride time and acheive what we want for our WL goals.

That is a very nice wish for us! Happy New Year chicks I spent last evening with my riding girlfriend Pickles, we had calzones for dinner, then went ot her house and played Scrabble til midnight. We are wild and crazy chick, I know

Reda, oooo very sorry to learn that you are uncomfortable and have to stay off your foot...I had heard that gout had something to do with iodine...shows what I know I sure hope it can be resolved soon! Glad you're having fun with your Christmas purse

Tammy - YAY to no surgery!! woohoo!! great news. Sorry it made you so worried that you ended up grazing and had a tummy ache though.

well..i looked on my journal and on Dec. 29 of last year, I weighed the same that I do now!! then I looked through my journal and my lowest was 149, in June. Then I think I stayed right around 150, 151 all summer. Then the inevitable dark months gain. Ugh. Well as long as I get back to my summer weight, when I'm wearing little t shirts and jeans or shorts everyday.

I am glad I had off from work yesterday, they had a record breaking day of sales so it was nonstop busy.

since i got to bed late, I slept late...then saw I had to shovel before leaving for work, so I did a much abbreviated workout today. It was only about 15 minutes of a step routine but I'm glad I did that at least.

Have a great night chicks

Tammy[/QUOTE]