Old 06-25-2009, 08:06 AM   #196  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Wowser Chelle...there is light at the end of the tunnel. Soon your back will be marvelous and there will be no holding you back. Great news about the 4 lbs lost, I think I found them, holy crap I was up to 159 this morning and feel like a cow. Also fell back into old habits...ate to make me feel better...not....I ate a cinnamon roll and now my tummy hurts and I feel like crap. I could literally puke.

I think I am going to go sit on the commode for a spell. Will check in later ladies.....
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:12 AM   #197  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Thanks, Annie! I hope you feel better! And when you do, get your butt back to Curves, young lady.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:50 AM   #198  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Mornin' chicks!

Michelle on losing the 4 pounds! Great job. I can hear the enthusiam is back in your spirit again. And that's such good news about the doctor. Never heard of that kind of procedure but I sure do hope it will help you along. FINALLY some answers! Just hold off on the cartwheels for a minute, ok?

Annie - your comment made me think of us all in a circle playing dodgeball with "weights" whomever gets "hit" picks up the extra pounds. Funny image. I guess we will always be tempted by food no matter what. And cinnamon buns not only look good but they SMELL so good. Then they sit like cement in the tummy. Hope you feel better. Glad you got something to make you smile (Dr. Holt) when you walk into the office each morning. How did your pizza come out - sounded delicious. Was making the dough hard? I was wondering about making my own too.

I got in an hour swim last night. It was wonderful. DH grilled up some steaks and they were amazing. We bought a food processor - DH was taken in by Wolfgang Puck on Home Shopping Network. I "made" a tossed salad in about 1 and a half minutes. Zip... brrr... slice... done. Even shredded the lettuce in it. It came out finely chopped like a birds nest but it was very good. We just had steak and salad - quite yummy and I have a small bit leftover for lunch.

Gotta run for now. Hello to the rest of the chicks, I'll check in later and catch up.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:22 AM   #199  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hi Happy - I'm holding off on cartwheels and breakdancing. But my enthusiasm is certainly back! I'm on An hour long swim sounds heavenly. Makes me want to hop a plane and join you.

Last edited by diyana; 06-25-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:51 AM   #200  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

THE SUN IS OUT AND HAPPY'S HOT AND HUMID WEATHER HAS ARRIVED. MOUR STORMS ORE COMING FROM THE NORTH BECAUSE THEY ARE COASTAL AND IT RAINS EVERY DAY. IT FEELS LIKE THE TROPICS BUT I WAS OUTSIDE AND HAD MY SNACK AND IN THE MIDDLE OF DOING WASH. SOME OFFICE STUFF CAME UP AND I MISSED THE BUS. MAYBE I'LL GO TOMORROW IF THEY HAVE THE SALE AGAIN OR WAIT TILL THE NEXT SALE.
MY WASH IS IN THE DRYER ALREADY AND I NEED TO GET BACK THERE. HAAPPY THURSDAY/FRIDAY

HAPPY~ YEP THE HEAT IS HERE HOPE YOU ARE STAYING COOL AND SWIMMING IN BETWEEN THE RAINDROPS. HOW DID THE BUGABOO DANCE GO ?? ROFLMAO

MICHELLE~ I AM GLAD YOU ARE SO HAPPY WITH THE EXERCISING AND KEEPIONG MY FINGERS CROSSED FOR THE TEST/FILM RESULTS. SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS YOUR WAY I LOVE MATERS!!! I JUST HAD A HANKERING FOR THEM AND BOUGHT SOME TUESDAY!!

ANNIE~ FOGGY STATES OF MIND ARE ONE SURE SYMPTOM OF THE YEAST INFECTION. YOU SHOULD FEEL BETTER AFTER THE DIFLUCAN PILL....IF NOT GET ANOTHER ONE FROM HIM. TRUST ME...I WAS THE QUEEN OF YEST INFECTIONS!! ACTUALLY NOTHING TO BE BRAGGING ABOUT MEL BIKE RIDE IN 2010?? YES I WOULD THINK HE IS SEEING THE RELATIONSHIP AS LONG TERM HOPE YOU WILL BE FEELING BETTER SOON AND ALSO HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME THIS WEEKEND!

OK KIDS...DOORBELL HAS RUNG AND I GOTTA GO. WAVING A HAND TO EVERYONE ELSE!! I SEE ROSEBLUSH HAS A BIRTHDAY COMING UP ON MONDAY!! YET ANOTHER REASON TO CELEBRATE AND HAVE A 3 DAY WEEKEND!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:28 AM   #201  
Annie - Indiana

I am back and feeling a bit better...not a lot but a bit.

MEL...The yeast infection is getting better but still a bit..um..raw down there. Yikes. At least you only missed the bus, I think I have missed it all, train, plane and automobile. LOL

Chelle...thanks for the kick in the arse. I haven't been to Curves in a week now. I just haven't felt up to par of the evenings. Probably the bad eating habits of late, the weather, and my frame of mind lately.

Happy...the ZA dough is really easy, made in the bread maker. 3 cups of BREAD flour, not regular flour, 1/2 cup warm to hot water, 2 pks yeast, 1/2 t salt, 2 T. veggie oil. Put all in breadmaker, push the dough button and in 1 hour 15 minutes you have pizza dough. Ta Dah!

Howdie to all the girls!!
Old 06-25-2009, 06:36 PM   #202  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Will have to be quick again today since I am sitting in on a workshop and trying to learn my subject. Since not a lot of it works too well it could be a long process, however I have a least got the process flow fairly okay. Well it must be okay since the development team took it away as their guide to how things should work WTF. If they don't understand how it works, then how the heck should I know.

Annie - hope you get rid of that infection soon. Nothing worse than wanting to scratch an itch where you shouldn't be scratching an itch.

Michelle - Congratulations on the 4lbs down. Well done you. And we can just here the enthusiasm for life creeping back in your posts. I'm glad to hear that the MRI has shown some positive feed back and that there is relief in sight.

Happy - You are right about the power of smell. It's so easy to get hooked in by a fragrance even when you know it is not good for you.

Okay - gotta go do somethings for the national psyche. Sorry about anyone I have missed. The weekend is almost upon us and I am staying here in town. I will be working for part of it, but certainly not all of it. If it is fine, I will be doing as much as possible from home at night. If not, then I might come to work. The system is certainly quicker here than there.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:27 AM   #203  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Howdy peeps,

Quick check in for me as I'd like to get to work a bit early today.

Thanks for the dough recipe Annie - I will be sure to try it. Dinner tonight is grilled pork chops with some kind of honey dijon sauce DH saw in a magazine. With it being 98 degrees, I don't even want hot food or much of it.

Shad - the more I see of what's going on with SAP at work, the more I roll my eyes. Such exhorbitant expenditures of money. Just push forward, don't stop to think. I don't envy you your job. Hope you get your doco finished.

I really need to pack my lunch and get out of here. Will try and get on at lunch time. Have a good one everybody. Stay cool. Except for Shad. How's the weather out your way?

I hope we don't get the slightly predicted storms this evening. I am enjoying swimming in the pool after work.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:40 AM   #204  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Friday ladies -

I'm a bit tired today...hoping the caffeine kicks in soon. I went to the gym last night and both recumbent steppers were being used, so I did 1/2 hour on the recumbent bike, followed by 10 minutes of PT stretches and then 1/2 hour of strength training.

All the news is about Michael Jackson today. I'm gonna get on a :soapbox: for a minute here - he was a talented and influential musical artist; however, I lost a lot of respect for him after learning of his "odd" personal life. I understand he had a very troubled childhood that messed him up. I just disagree with the media's assertion that his passing is as devastating or impactful as the deaths of John Lennon or Princess Diana. IMHO, John Lennon's and Princess Di's deaths were immeasurably tragic; two beautiful souls taken far too soon. As for Farrah's death, I believe she was a brave, strong woman and while I am saddened that she passed away at least she is no longer suffering. As I have seen in my family and friends, living with cancer is a difficult, painful and often relentless struggle. Okay, I'll get off my :soapbox: now.

I have to call the insurance company again this morning to make sure that the doctor my neurosurgeon referred me to is covered...because when I look him up on the insurance website, he's not listed as an In Network Provider. If he's not In Network, then I will ask the neurosurgeon to recommend the "second best" doc as I don't want any surprises by going to a doc and THEN finding out that he's not covered by my insurance.

Mel - Sounds like you got quite a lot done yesterday! Good for you! I hope today and the weekend are a bit more relaxing. Don't forget to take some Mel time.

Annie - Glad to hear you're infection is getting better. Did you make it to Curves last night? Thanks for the dough recipe.

Shad - I hope you don't have to work too much over the weekend. Do you think you'll have time for some fun, relaxing activities?

Happy - Good for you for getting in your daily swims after work. What a lovely way to unwind, stay cool and burn some calories! YGG!

Love and hugs to all,
Old 06-26-2009, 09:09 AM   #205  
Happy September

Old 06-26-2009, 09:24 AM   #206  
Happy September

I AM GLAD IT'S FRIDAY AND CAN'T WAIT FOR THE OFFICE TO CLOSE! ONE WOMAN IS SICK WITH A WHOPPER OF A COLD AND I REFUSE TO GO DOWN TODAY. GOING TO COOK & CLEAN. GET A HEAD START FOR MYSELF AND MAYBE JUST HAVE A DVD WEEKEND.
HAPPY FRIDAY/SATURDAY AND HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND

ANNIE~ I AM GLAD YOU FEEL BETTER AND HOPE IT CONTINUES. NOTHING WORSE THAN FEELING BAD ON THE INSIDE! I MUST HAVE MISSED THAT YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO CURVES! I HAVE MISSED ABOUT 2 DAYS THIS MONTH OUT OF 26 JUST PEDALING MY HEART OUT...WISH I COULD PEDAL MY ARSE OFF!!

SHAD~ THAT'S OK YOU CAN PASS ME BY...I CAN TAKE IT HOPE YOU GET ALL THE WORK DONE BUT HAVE SOME TIME FOR YOURSELF THIS WEEKEND. THEY MUST TRUST YOU AND GUESS THEY BETTER....CAUSE WHO ELSE KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING????

HAPPY~ SWIMMING & GRILLED PORK CHOPS FUN & YUM!! SOUNDS LIKE THE GOOD LIFE TO ME. ESPECIALLY IF THE DH WAS DOING THE COOKING!!! HOPE WE BOTH HAVE DRYER WEATHER SOON. WE'LL BE GETTING MOLDY TOES SOON!!

MICHELLE~ I COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE. I WON'T BE MOURNING HIS PASSING EXCEPT AS ANOTHER HUMAN BEING LEAVING THE EARTH. THE TVNEWS IS MAKING A MOCKERY OF THE WHOLE THING ANYWAY.,...JUST LIKE THEY ALWAYS DO. NICE EXERCISNG YOU HAD. GOOD FOR YOU KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED THAT THE NEURO IS COVERED...OF ALL DRS, THEY CAN BE THE MOST EXPENSIVE. THEY THINK THEY ARE "GODS" ANYWAY! GOOD LUCK!
Old 06-26-2009, 09:36 AM   #207  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good for you, Mel, you stay away from those germs and just get a head start on the cooking and cleaning. I just found out that the doc is covered! Yay!! So I'm seeing him next Wednesday, and will hopefully have the first procedure done within a week or two after that! And if the neuro and/or this other new doc can fix my back pain, they will come close to being "GODS" in my book (apologize if anyone is offended by the blasphemy - but it's how I'm feeling).
Old 06-26-2009, 09:42 AM   #208  
Annie - Indiana

HAPPY FRIDAY - YAHOO........

MEL/CHELLE...ooooh that ryhmes...anyway I agree with you about Michael Jackson, and truthfully I am already sick of hearing about it. Was just talking with my musical brother about it and we were saying the same things. I believe Farrah made a better cause/impact with the cancer information and she is being so overshadowed by this whole MJ thing. Didn't make it to Curves last night was too busy with things around the house. I suck!

Shad....at least if you work from home you can enjoy an adult beverage to take the edge off. Try to enjoy your weekend.

Happy...yum pork chops. Sounds great, altho pork mostly does not agree with my little tummy pouch. Wish I had your pool in my backyard or I was there with you swimming. I will be the margaritas and little umbrellas to go in the glass. Could you get the limes? They don't travel well. lol

Going to a goodbye open house for a colleague after work. It is at my boss' house (President of Company). I hear the house is awesome and her backyard is the Bridgewater Golf Club. I have been asked to bartend. Hope they only want beer and wine, cause mostly I only know how to make margaritas. lol

Meeting Tony at my house at 8:00 pm. He doesn't know it yet, but he is taking me out to dinner. I am craving seafood. YUM. It is the least he can do as he leaves for Vegas Saturday night and won't be back till the 5th. (Remember cancelled St. Louie trip-altho I am still going)

Everyone have a marvelous Friday, and a great weekend! Hello to all the lurkers and the rest of the chickies.

Much love and many hugs,
Old 06-26-2009, 09:43 AM   #209  
Annie - Indiana

Happy...I mean I will bring the margaritas not be the margaritas...Altho after enough of them I might be the margarita. hahaha
Old 06-26-2009, 09:43 AM   #210  
Happy September

There is no friend like the old friend, who has shared our morning days,
No greeting like his welcome, no homage like his praise:
Fame is the scentless sunflower, with gaudy crown of gold;
But friendship is the breathing rose, with sweets in every fold.

– "No Time Like the Old Time", Oliver Wendell Holmes (1809 – 1894)

ANNIE~ WOW!! GREAT NEWS AND A WONDERFUL WAY TO BEGIN THE MORNING! I AM VERY HAPPY FOR YOU. IF YOU ARE BLASPHEMOUS THAN THERE IS DEFINITELY NO HOPE FOR ME HAVE A GREAT DAY