Old 06-26-2009, 09:45 AM   #211  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

No offense taken here CHELLE...you Goddess you!
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:46 AM   #212  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

ANNIE...PICK ME UP ON THE WAY TO HAPPY'S....I CAN DO MARGARITAS!!!! HAVE A GREAT BARTENDING/SEAFOOD EATING WEEKEND!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:15 AM   #213  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

MEL...Be there around 8:00 am to pick you up to go to Happys...Um, wonder if Happy knows we are coming.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:54 PM   #214  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

I gotta CLEAN THE HOUSE! - drive S-L-O-W
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:32 PM   #215  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

No time to write much. I have to get at least two modules of this course out by tomorrow, get them proofed and then printed. 22 copies no less before 9am Monday morning. System is so slow from home and I can't get the internet only the Intranet. So I've snuck out to do some shopping and dive into the internet cafe across the road.

Be back when I come up for air. The impossible I can do straight away. Miracles take a little longer and getting the half assed consultant to do more than flick through the slides is one of the almighty miracles. Pray for strength and guidance and hide the murder weapons - although I am pretty inventive so most things will do.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:37 AM   #216  

Crikey - no one been here all day. Must be busy with the weekend. And so it should be.

I started work this morning from home at 3.30am. Woke up with some inspiration and put it all down before it got away. I was still at it at 2.00pm when I rung my team lead - who told me to leave it, go out, get some fresh air and sunshine and come back to it later after she had taken a look at what was there. So I did. I've just spent a couple of hours in the Sydney Chinese Friendship garden and very nice is was too. I thought of Happy as all the little tadpoles and frogs came bouncing around the rocks. And I took some photos. Now I am about to go home, get some dinner, watch some tv and then sign on again and see if anyone has actually read what I have slaved over.
See you all tomorrow maybe
Old 06-28-2009, 08:13 AM   #217  
Happy September

ROSE'S BIRTHDAY IS NOT UNTIL MONDAY BUT MY BOSS IS OUT AND THERE IS A LOT THAT NEEDS TAKING CARE OF IN THE MORNING. NOT SURE WHEN I CAN GET ON AND DIDN'T WANT TO MISS IT! HAPPY SUNDAY EVERYONE!

SHAD~ NOW WHY IS IT THAT BRAINSTORMS COME IN THE WEE HOURS OF THE MORNING?! I AM HAPPY TO HEAR YOU WERE OUT IN THE CHINESE GARDENS AND SURPRISED YOU DIDN'T SIT DOWN AND FALL ASLEEP ON THE FIRST BENCH YOU CAME ACROSS!! HOPE SOMEONE READ ALL YOUR HARD WORK!! HAVE A GREAT WEEK

MONDAY'S POST:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAE
WISHING FOR YOU A DAY FILLED WITH HAPPY THOUGHTS AND HOPE YOU ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF IT. HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Last edited by MELODY525; 06-28-2009 at 08:15 AM.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:39 PM   #218  
Choose your hard

Good morning chicks (almost afternoon),

I cleaned up yesterday, even made a yummy slushy drink with fresh squeezed orange juice, fresh pineapple bits, maraschino cherries, lemon lime soda and amaretto but no one showed up. DH drank it for you and said it was delish. Pool water is almost 90 degrees. I swam for almost 2 hours until someone came next door to mow the god-awful yard (grass over 8 inches high, weeds even higher). He was weed wacking the mess with a gas powered wacker and the exhaust fumes were choking me up (not to mention the noise because unlike him, I didn't have noise proof ear muffs on). But at least the yard looks better. Don't know when the neighbors are moving back in but I hope it's soon as the house is a real mess.

Today is a day of catch up errands and I hope to get more swimming in while the sun is still out.

Shad - your post reminds me that I also need to do a bit of work tonight to help boss prep for a meeting tomorrow. Not too happy about it as you know, thinking you will spend and hour or two often sucks up the whole day. I am glad you got out to the gardens. Sounds like the perfect answer to calming the nerves.

Hi Mel - don't wear yourself out tomorrow covering for everyone! Thanks for the reminder for Nae. Loved the friends pic, I'm gonna copy it.

I'm going to say to you also today Nae because sometimes my morning posts are rushed.

Annie - hope the bartending went well - I can pour much better than mix too although I have a mean blender finger Hope you had a nice dinner with Tony. Did you enjoy some seafood for me too? Yum, yum.

Michelle - so glad to hear that your doctors are covered in your plan. Remember a time that we didn't have to worry about such things? Just knowing they have (hopefully) figured out the issues should put a spring in your step. Now they have to deliver!

As for all the hoopla about MJ. My opinion is that it's sad when anyone dies young. I feel bad that poor Farrah Fawcett was overshadowed even in death. All this over the top coverage about every inch of MJ's being I blame on the sad fact that our society has nothing important to care about other than celebrity. I wish that the news coverage would be more dedicated to stopping abuse of people and animals, taking a hard look at our wasteful ways and how we are destroying this planet or just some examples on how we can be kinder to one another and help each other through this life. And just maybe (this is the saddest thing of all) if the news is all about MJ, at least we're not talking about the latest killings, muggings and violence in this town and across the nation. Somewhere in the 80's after Michael Douglas uttered that famous line that "Greed is Good" we lost our perspective and priorities as a society... And as Forrest Gump said "that's all I'm gonna say about that...".

I need to get my keester moving so enjoy your Sunday ladies. Hello to Patty, Ceejay, Jolly and Nae.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:41 PM   #219  

Well that was the weekend that wasn't Got to work this morning all wired up to get on with fixing the doco only to get told that some of the weekend fixes didn't work and they would not be working on the doco today - tommorow maybe! WTF

Enough of that

Happy Birthday 'Nae.

Have a happy one. It is also my sister's birthday. I just rang her this morning to wish her a happy one. Her daughter (not my niece with the niecelet, the other one) has just got engaged. They've been together for nine years and finally decided it will work. Apparently the wedding will be 2011 - they must have to think about that one too!

I don't think I have the energy to go into personals just now. I really need to get back to work and see if I can salvage anything from this training stuff. Honestly they couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery if I bought along the glasses.

Be back later. Enjoy your weekend - what is left of it. Expect some pictures of the Chinese Gardens later in the week.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:48 PM   #220  
Choose your hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad View Post
...Honestly they couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery if I bought along the glasses.
P*ss up as in drunk fest? Good one Shad.

Congrats on the niece. Sure not rushing into things, are they? Guess that's a good thing. Maybe.

About 4 hours until bedtime and about 18 hours of things to do. About to work on Mom's user manual for her cell phone... See yah.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:34 PM   #221  

Hello Ladies,

Happy - I can totally relate. My neighbor after 19 years, just up and left the house. He got a 2nd mortgage, remarried moved out and daughter moved in. She couldn't keep up payments and he just left it... The yard is very high, every two week i call city so they can come mow it... I guess my tax dollars are at work. 90 degrees in pool... ouch that hot...

Mel - hope your enjoying your DVD weekend.

Annie - Hope your bartending went well. Is Tony going to Vegas for vacation or work?

Shad - we'll at least they are not rushing into it?

Rose - Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow.

Mitchellez & Ceejay - Hope your having a good weekend.

Not much going on with me, I went up to office to finish a project. It's nice not having anyone else there.

Last edited by 1day@atime; 06-28-2009 at 09:36 PM.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:46 PM   #222  
Choose your hard

Patty - good to hear from you. Down here if you call the city and they do mowing or repairs, they put a lien on the house for the cost.

I guess it's really bad with so many houses in default now. People are just abandoning them. House around the corner from us has been for sale since before we moved here. Owners refuse the cut the price so it sits. Over 4 years now. Fence is falling over (and actually has in sections). What a mess. I imagine it stinks in there too being closed up for so long. Ick.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:59 AM   #223  
Happy September

I WOKE UP EARLY AND AM ALREADY FOR A PIT STOP INTO THE OFFICE BUT NO ONE IS HERE! NOTHING NEW SINCE LAST NIGHT. LOTS OF QUIET OVER THE WEEKEND AND SOME TV. I FEEL RESTED
HAPPY MONDAY/TUESDAY

SHAD~ SHALL I BE SENDING A BOX OF TISSUES OVER THERE OR RELEASE THE MURDER WEAPONS?! JUST LET ME KNOW! SAD NES ABOUT THE WEEKEND'S HARD WORK NOT BEING USED TODAY. HOPE EVERYTHING WORKS OUT TOMORROW. IF IT'S ANY CONSOLATION THEY CAN'T ORGANIZE A P I S S UP OVER HERE EITHER GOOD ONE SHAD!

HAPPY~ I'M SORRY WE DIDN'T MAKE IT. WE GOT LOST AND THEN ANNIE WANTED TO TRY OUT HER NEW WIPERS IN A CAR WASH AND THERE WERE SOME CUTE ATTENDANTS THERE AND WELL....YA KNOW.....
WTG ON THE 2 HRS IN THE POO;! NEXT TIME REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR OXYGEN MASK IN CASE THEY COME BACK FOR LAWN CARE THE SEQUEL!!

PATTY~ SOMETIMES THE BEST PART OF THE WEEKEND CAN BE THE SILENT OFFICE HOPE YOURS WAS A GOOD ONE TOO.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:10 AM   #224  
Choose your hard

Morning girls,

I should have figured you guys would have been easily distracted by a bunch of hunky, wet half-naked guys That's ok, a pitcher of amaretto stuff and I'm over my heartbreak!

Hope your quiet office stays that way Mel and it's not the quiet before the storm.

No real time to post today. I have to get in the office early. Was supposed to work on office stuff this weekend but there was just TOO much to do all around. So I need to get in early.

Happy Monday - stay cool folks.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:47 AM   #225  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday ladies -

DH, DMIL and I had a nice weekend. Saturday was spent mostly running errands in the morning and then relaxing in the afternoon. Yesterday, since it was too windy to go fishing, we went for a nice leisurely drive to Door County...a lovely peninsula in northeastern Wisconsin that extends into Lake Michigan. Along both coasts of the peninsula, the towns are very reminiscent of New England, and inland there are lovely farms and orchards. I had a hard time making healthy, low point choices in the restaurants where we stopped to eat...so thank goodness for the weekly flex points WW allows! I definitely have to behave myself the next 3 days, and make sure I get plenty of gym time in.

I'm SOOOOO glad this is only a 3 day work week for me. We have Friday off (since the 4th of July falls on Saturday), and our company is closing the corporate office on Thursday afternoon as a nice little perk for us. So I decided to take Thursday morning off as well - a whole day off for a 1/2 day of vacation?? I'll take it! Yippee!! Tick tock. Tick tock. That's me counting the hours 'till the weekend!

Nae - Wishing you a wonderful day!

Shad - Sorry that you had to work so hard on the weekend. Good for you for taking a relaxing visit to the gardens to unwind. I love the p*ss up expression! I'll have to remember that one. Congrats on the niece's engagement. Nothing wrong with a long courtship, especially when you're young. I got married (the first time) way too quickly and too young. Learning from my mistake, DH and I were together 5 years before we got married.

Patty - Too bad that you had to spend some of the weekend at work, but it is amazing what you can accomplish when no one else is around.

Happy - Are you now doing freelance docu work for cell phone companies? Or is it just for your mom? Seriously, that's very sweet of you to create a user manual that one can actually use and understand. You should offer it to the cell phone company for a fee! Wish I could join you in the pool. If Mel and Annie stopped by to pick me up, I must've been out of the house. 90 degree water, huh? Definitely don't have to tip toe into water that warm.

Annie - Hope you had a fun weekend! Did you have fun bartending? Was the seafood yummy?

Last edited by diyana; 06-29-2009 at 08:49 AM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote