Old 06-19-2009, 04:06 AM   #151  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I'm on my way to heaven, I shall be moved - out of Sydney and into Brisbane. I've just uploaded some photos to facebook. Tomorrow I will put them on Webshots and let you know the addy. I'm nearly ready to board my flight so can't start to upload just yet.

I'll be in tomorrow, in a better frame of mind and in another world. I will see you then.

Annie - if you get tired of Tony, send him my way. I'd sworn off men, but someone like that might just change my mind.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:21 AM   #152  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy, Happy Friday!

We had a dooozy of a thunderstorm last night - loud thunder and SO much lightning. DH and I woke up and had to hold, pet and generally calm our dogs until it passed. And more storms are on the way today - they're saying some may be severe (hail, tornados), but hopefully it won't be that bad. The weather this weekend is supposed to be gorgeous - so we're going fishing (hopefully both Saturday and Sunday)! Yay!!!

I didn't get to the gym last night as planned. My right leg (aka the good leg) was feeling sore after working out on Wednesday, and I didn't want to overtax the left side (bad side) by compensating for the right side. So I got some exercise playing with the dogs and did my stretches.

Annie - Sorry that Tony can't go to St. Louis with you. He sure is a great guy though, and well deserving of someone as wonderful as you. Do you have any fun plans for this weekend?

Ceejay - Did you get to the uncles? As for all the tests, my regular doc is really thorough. Plus he's got a great personality.

Shad - So is this assignment over? Do you no longer have to deal with the recruiter from h*ll? Or is this just a weekend reprieve from the stress and bs?

A big and to all my wonderful Worldly friends!

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:42 AM   #153  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

JEANETTE~ HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD TIME WITH THE UNCLES...ARE YOU SEEING THEM FOR FATHER'S DAY? SAFE TRAVELS.

ANNIE~ SORRY ABOUT THE VEGAS DRAMA AND HOPE YOU BOTH WORK IT OUT. SENDING A HUG! ONE GOOD THING...THE WIPERS ARE WORKING!!

MICHELLE~ HOPE BOTH LEGS FEEL BETTER ALONG WITH THE BACK...VEY SOON! OUR WEATHER IS NUTSO WITH STORMS HERE TOO. HOPE YOUR FISHING WEEKEND IS BRIGHT AND SUNNY!

SHAD~ HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING? ARE YOU JUST GOING HOME FOR A VISIT OR IS THE JOB OVER?? I AM SOOOO CONFUSED!! EITHER WAY.,...ENJOY HEAVEN

HAPPY~ ARE YOU A DROWNED RAT YET? IS IT STILL RAINING BY YOU? THE MAP LOOKED CRAZY LAST NIGHT FILLED WITH STORM FRONTS ALL OVER THE PLACE. I THOUGHT ABOUT YOUR CRAZY CARDINAL AND HAD A GOOD LAUGH AGAIN!

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE. HOPE THE WEEKEND WILL BE GOOD FOR ALL OF US. SOUNDS LIKE OUR SHAD NEEDS TW OF THEM IN A ROW!!! NOTHING NEW HERE. IT HAS BEEN A QUIET WEEK FOR ME AND I LOVED EVERY DAY OF IT!! JUST BEEN SITTING AND SORTING THRU SOME JUNK. AFTER ALL THESE YEARS..YOU WOULD THINK I AM THE QUEEN OF DECLUTTERING BUT IT SEEMS TO BUILD UP AS FAST AS I GET RID OF IT! JEN CALLED AND ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED FOR FATHER'S DAY. SHE USED TO GIVE ME CARDS EVERY YEAR AND FORGOT BEFORE SHE LEFT FOR THE TRAILER. THAT'S OK WITH ME..I TOLD HER RICHIE CAN TAKE CARE OF HER NOW FOR ALL THE DAD'S OUT THERE...AND SINGLE MOTHERS, I WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:02 AM   #154  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

We are in the throws of a southern summer. Came all of a sudden too. The rain went away and the heat came in with a blast. 98 today, upper 90's all weekend with heat indexes over 104 degrees. I told DH to get that pool ready cuz I'm jumping in this weekend!

Mel, glad you had a quiet week. I got your spot all set up for you outside. You can be on "frog watch"

Shad, glad to hear you are going home. Did they transfer you or are you done with this horrid assignment? You sound more relaxed already.

Michelle - rain, rain go AWAY! Between rain and snow you sure are getting the precipitation out there. Hope it dries up enough to get some good fishin' in.

Annie, don't get too mad at Tony - sounds like he tries to accomodate everyone, sometimes at his own expense. That's super sweet that he helped you out with the car.

Ceejay - what are you doing to keep cool?

Jolly, Patty.

Gotta get the work day done with, see yahs later.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:56 AM   #155  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

GOOD MORNING CHICKIES.....

ONE MAJOR HEADACHE TODAY. COLORED MY GFS HAIR LAST NIGHT AND DRANK TWO VODKA & TONICS. IT MUST BE THE REASON, ALONG WITH THE HUMIDITY BEING A BILLION.

MS. CHELLE....WE MUST BE IN THE SAME STORM ALLEY, AS WE HAVE HAD DOOZY STORMS WITH LIGHTENING HITTING HOUSES AND BURNING THEM OR JUST DESTROYING THE SIDING. JUNE IS ALWAY TURBULANT HERE. I KNOW THIS AS IT IS MY BIRTHDAY MONTH AND IT IS ALWAYS SOGGY. TAKE HER EASY WITH THE LEG, MY FRIEND. DON'T WANT YOU IN PERMANENT PAIN.

MEL...FATHER'S DAY. SAMANTHA GETS ME FATHER'S DAY CARDS ALSO. SHE SAID I AM THE BEST FATHER/MOTHER A KID COULD HAVE. SHE ALSO WANTS ME TO WALK HER DOWN THE AISLE SHOULD SHE EVER GET MARRIED. SHE IS KIND OF SOUR ON MARRIAGE WHEN THE LIVE IN THING IS WORK SO GRAND. THANKS TO MY EX-B*STARD HUB.

SHAD...YES! YES! YES! HOMEWARD BOUND. DO ENJOY YOUR TIME AT HOME, YOU NEED IT AND DERSVE IT. DO WHAT YOU LIKE TO DO BEST, THE H*LL WITH EVERYTHING ELSE.

HAPPY....DRINK SOME MARGARITAS FOR ME WHILE POOLSIDE. IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE HOT AND HUMID HERE TOO. 90 AND HUMID. MAKES A PERSON MELT UNLESS THEY ARE POOLSIDE. MAY HAVE TO COME JOIN YOU, MY DEAR.

CEEJAY...HAVE A GREAT TIME AT THE UNCLES. SAFE TRAVELS, MY FRIEND.

CAR DID NOT GET FIXED YESTERDAY. THEY HAD TO ORDER THE WS MOTOR. PRAY MY DRIVING TIME IS ALWAYS DRY! THANK GOD FOR RAINEX. SO FAR I HAVE BEEN EXTREMELY LUCKY. RAINS WHILE I AM AT WORK OR DURING THE NIGHT. THE TOTAL BILL MAY COME IN JUST UNDER 300 BUCKS RATHER THAN 350.00. DOES THAT MEAN I GET THE EXTRA 50 OR IT TONY BENEFITS FROM IT. LOL ITS A GAMBLE HE WILL HAVE TO TAKE. (VEGAS JOKE)

THANK GOD I DON'T HAVE A LANDLINE ANYMORE, ALL THESE CREDITORS CAN NO LONGER CALL AND BOTHER ME. HAHA. I AM ONLY LIKE 15 DAYS LATE ON EVERYTHING-I KNOW IT DOES NOT DO MY CREDIT ANY GOOD, BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS, AND THE CREDITORS SHOULD BE GLAD THEY GET PAID AT ALL, CONSIDERING ALL THOSE YOU DON'T PAY AT ALL.

HOPE TO GET MY GRASS CUT THIS WEEKEND, AND IF THERE IS ANY SUN, SPEND SOME TIME OUT IN IT. NOT MUCH ON THE AGENDA THIS WEEKEND. BROTHER'S BAND DOESN'T PLAY AGAIN TILL JULY 11. PLAN TO GO BY MOM/DAD'S FOR PAPA DAY AND TAKE HIM A GIFT. ALSO MAKE HIM HIS FAVORITE PINEAPPLE UPSIDE CAKE TO TAKE HIM.

HAVE A MARVELOUS WEEKEND ALL, DON'T KNOW IF I WILL BE BACK HERE TIL MONDAY. DEPENDS HOW BORED I GET AT HOME AND PLAY ON THE INTERNET.

HELLO TO ALL,

LOVE AND HUGS,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:21 AM   #156  
Happy September

HAVE NO FEAR MISS HAPPY....MEL THE FROG CHASER IS ON THE JOB. WILL WORK FOR UMBRELLA DRINKS AND BBQ FOOD!! SAVE MY SPACE!!! I THINK YOUR HUMID WEATHER IS HEADING THIS WAY. YOU BETTER GET THE BIKINIS OUT SO WE CAN ALL JUMP IN THE POOL!

ANNIE~ SORRY...I THOUGHT THE WIPERS WERE A DONE DEAL. TAKE THE EXTRA 50 FOR PAIN AND SUFFERING WITH THE VEGAS TRIP! I WILL PRAY FOR MORE DRY WEATHER FOR YOU. BUT PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!!

I REALLY CAME BACK TO PRINT OUT MICHELLE'S RECIPE...GOTTA GO BACK AND FIND IT.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:51 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Today seems like Saturday to me.
My trip to my uncles was good. My sister from Missouri called and wants me to come for a visit in August. My nephew's wife is under study for Cathy Rigby in the Peter Pan production that is playing in Branson. Can't wait.

Happy
As long as the air condition doesn't konk out I'll be fine. But it has turned off HOT and HUMID.
I may have to work overtime to payfor the electric bill.

Annie
Don't be to hard on Tony. He might not be ready for family yet.
Be careful driving to ST Louis.

Shad
I'm confused too. Are you going home for the week end or is the job ending? Enjoy your time.

Mel
I't s great that Jen get's you something for Father's day.

Have I missed Jolly's post?

Patty
I'll be coming to Texas in a couple of weeks, July 8-July 13.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:39 PM   #158  
Happy September

The summer skies are darkly blue,
The days are still and bright,
And Evening trails her robes of gold
Through the dim halls of Night.

– "Summer's Call", Sarah Helen Whitman (1803 – 1878)

Tomorrow is the first day of Summer. What will you be doing? Have any Goals to get you thru the Summer months? Dust off your Flip Flops and break out the Sunscreen cause Mr. Summer....here come the WORLDLIES!!

Old 06-20-2009, 02:47 PM   #159  
Happy September

I COOKED UP A STORM AND DID IT THE EASY WAY. I BOUGHT ALL FROZEN PRE-CUT PEPPERS AND ONIONS AND VEGGIES IN STEAMER BAGS. THEN MADE A VERY MILD CHILI AND ANOTHER MEATLOAF. GOD I LOVE MEATLOAVES!!!!!!!! STEAMED MY RICE & NUKED VEGGIES, MADE A POT OF OATMEAL, HARD-BOILED SOME EGGS....I AM ON FIRE IN THAT KITCHEN HONEY!!! I'M SO HOT I'M GONNA HAVE TO CALL A FIREMAN TO COOL ME DOWN MY WORLDLY SISTERS!!
I DO BELIEVE THE SUMMER BUG HAS BITTEN MY AMPLE BUTT!!

HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING AS GOOD A DAY AS I AM

JEANETTE~ I AM GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD TIME AND IT LOOKS LIKE SOME TRAVELING IS IN YOUR FUTURE FOR JULY AND AUGUST! YOU GO GIRL! MAKE SOME GREAT PLANS FOR YOURSELF AND ENJOY THAT TIME AWAY FROM THE DAILY GRIND!! WATCH OUT CAUSE I JUST MIGHT HITCH ME A RIDE ON THAT TRAVELING STAR OF YOURS! THAT IS SUCH GREAT NEWS ABOUT THE NEPHEW'S WIFE GETTING THAT PART!! JUST TO BE THERE MUST BE A THRILL!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 06-20-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:03 PM   #160  

Morning all,
Just realised I didn't post yesterday, and figured y'all might be wondering if I did get home or not.
Yes I am here and going back late tonight. Short visit but well worth the bucks - I begin to feel human again. We're installing a new loo. It means that we had to take the old one out, lift the old tiles off the floor, and the row of tiles around the walls, then relay new tiles and the back wall of tiles to install the new one. Naturally enough everything takes longer than anticipated. DS2 worked on the clearing of old tiles last weekend and relaying the new. I'm not entirely excited about his choice of new tiles, but the floor is done. Nothing I can do about it now. He installed the pan of the new loo but we have to get the back wall done before we can install the cistern. So it's a bit like camping just now. No flush. Just a big bucket of water to move things along so to speak..... and speaking of that it is my turn today to fill the flushing bucket with water. Anyway. I should get some of the tiles on today. Not grout but at least tile. Then DS2 can put in the cistern. We will be legal and convenient again. You don't realise how much you need it until you don't have a working model!

Forgive me but I won't do personals at the moment, time to get on with the day. All that dust from lifting tiles - not to mention finding bits of tiles in some very unlikely places - like embedded in the wall. Today will be a full day. So my relaxation period of yesterday is over.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:53 AM   #161  
Happy September

IT'S NOT OFTEN THAT I GET E-MAIL UPDATES FROM 3FC SO I CAME BACK AGAIN JUST TO FIND OUT THE END OF SHAD'S ONGOING SAGA I WAS RELIEVED TO SEE YOU STILL HAVE A JOB AND THIS WAS ONLY A VISIT HOME! GLAD YOU ARE FEELING BETTER AND ALSO THAT THE TOILET WILL BE FLUSHING ANY MINUTE NOW!! I CANNOT IMAGINE WHAT THAT WOULD BE LIKE...I MIGHT BEGIN TO CRY AND IT'S STILL TOO EARLY IN THE DAY FOR THAT!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY AND 1ST DAY OF SPRING...AGAIN
Old 06-21-2009, 06:09 PM   #162  

Morning all,
Don't cry Mel. All else fails I can go to KFC, Macca's or the mall and get flushed there! It's inconvenient but not life threatening. Every house should have two!!!!

So I am back in Sydney. Very tired as I didn't get in till after 11pm and it took a while to get to sleep, but it will be fine. I can sleep through class today. Oh no I can't. My 'second' is a nice Sri Lankan bloke, unfortunately his language is a bit of a problem. It takes a while for the cogs to whir around. So I'd better not go back to sleep. It'll be an early night tonight.

Better get on with the day. Back later.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #163  

Forgot to mention that I uploaded the Sydney Light and Legend festival onto Webshots over the weekend. I don't have the address here but I think Mel and Happy can find it. Go see the opera house in all its nightly glory
Old 06-22-2009, 08:20 AM   #164  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hidee Ho Worldlies.........

Shad...speaking of the loo, had the dangest gut and tummy ache this morning and was in the loo here at work for about 20 minutes. It is a bit better now, but still feel it churning away. Let me know if you need me to come break in your new pot!

MEL...You can come to my house and make meatloaves...I am with you...I absolutely love, love, love meatloaf. You are one cookin' hot wench. lol

Had a great weekend with DD. Her boyfriend is in California on work assignment for 2 weeks, which means it is mommie and me time. lol. We laid out at the pool for 3 hours on Saturday, grilled out chicken and baked potatos, went to the movies and saw Night at the Museum, Smithsoniaum (sp), which was not that great, don't waste your $$. Was home and passed out in bed by 9:00 pm. Got up Sunday morning, DD took me to breakfast for Father's day, then went to my mom and dad's for a visit, came home, cut the grass, then Mr. Tony came over for dinner. For not having a planned out weekend, it sure was a busy one. Oh and baked a pineapple upside down cake to take to dad for father's day. It was still warm when I gave it to him, he just wanted a fork to eat it. For pity sake it was a 9x13 cake. Can you say OINK....

Back at it this morning, was a little concerned about driving to work without wipers as it was raining gangbusters when I got up this morning. It took a lull in action so I beelined it to work before the next pour. I win!!

Hey to everyone. Have a great start to the week.

Love and Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:47 AM   #165  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday ladies -

Had a great weekend with DMIL. We went and saw Hello Dolly on Friday night and had a wonderful time. I didn't know this before, but my next door neighbors' daughter had a role in the chorus, and my dance instructor at the Y's son had a rather large role. The entire cast gave a great performance!

We had gorgeous summer weather for the weekend. Saturday was a relaxing day, and yesterday we spent all morning and half the afternoon fishing. We didn't catch much - DH caught a nice sized bass and that was about it, but it was a lovely day to be out on the water...not too hot, birds singing. We saw ducks, geese and all kinds of other birds, a beaver and turtles. So cute! It doesn't matter if I catch fish...I just enjoy taking in the scenery. BTW, my back did pretty well all weekend. Yay! I'm still going for the MRI after work today though and seeing a neurosurgeon on Wednesday to see if he thinks there might be some reason why I can't walk for very long without pain.

Happy - Do you have room poolside for one more? That sounds so lovely! Of course, upper 90s and humid doesn't sound quite as nice...but so nice that you have the pool to cool off in. It was mid-80s and very humid on Saturday, which was a little warm for this chick. I tried to buy a bathing suit this weekend, but all I could find were two pieces, and I want a one piece so I can do water aerobics. Even though the 2 piece tankinis offer good coverage, I kept thinking, would it stay down while I was jumping up and down or would I be exposing my big belly (or other parts) as I did the water aerobics. No thanks...not until I'm 75 pounds thinner or so. I just checked Lane Bryant - $100 for a bathing suit? You've got to be kidding me!

Annie - Sorry about your tummy ache. Glad you're having a great time with your DD, and a fun, busy weekend! Glad you made it to work okay. How long before the repair shop gets the motor?

Ceejay - Glad you had a good time with the uncles! So cool that you'll be going to Texas in a couple weeks...do you think you and Patty will get a chance to get together? How fun to go visiting your sister and her family in August. So need that your nephew's wife is understudying for Cathy Rigby. You definitely have a fun summer planned!

Mel - As for summer goals...here are mine: (1) get my back better; (2) catch lots of fish; (3) be in One-derland by my birthday (early September). Good for you for doing all that cooking. I don't like cooking much, but I like making make-ahead and freeze meals. I made a meatloaf for dinner last night, and it was YUMMY! Mmmmm. We had that, with a little bit of mashed potatoes, and lots of veggies. As for the fireman, doesn't it depend on what he looks like whether he'd cool you down or heat you up more?

Shad - You don't rest much do you? After a stressful week, you spend your off time remodeling your loo! I'm sure it will be great when it's done. I hope your week in Sydney goes much better than last week (or the weeks before that). Hang in there. I'd love to see the photos.

Happy/Mel - Could you please post the address to Shad's webshots? Thanks.

Jolly - I hope you had a good weekend and that things are going well.

Patty - Did you do anything fun this weekend? How is Blackie doing?

Well, I'd really better get to work!

Here's to a wonderful day for all us Worldlies!

Love and big hugs,

Last edited by diyana; 06-22-2009 at 09:48 AM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote