Old 06-13-2009, 08:29 PM   #241  
5 lbs at a time!!

S/C/G: 202/195/150

Height: 4'11

Smile

Good evening Ladies.....My name is Kim and I am happy to have found you all.

I have been following your thread for about the last 3-4 days, sounds like a great group here.

I went for my consult on Wednesday. I also looked into Herbal One, but haven't decided which one yet.

I have mentioned to a few people that I am thinking of joining and I didn't get a good response from some, as they either failed at it or knew someone that did. I do however have 1 friend that had a sister that did HM a couple of years ago and did fantastic with it, losing 50lbs. Had another friend do HO that I work with and she lost 40lbs and is on maintainence now.

I am 35 years old, married for 9 years and have 3wonderful children. 1 dog and lotsa fishies.

I weigh 210 right now...I have approx 70lbs to lose, and on my 4'11 frame it is killing my knees, I feel it is time that I need the professional help, I just cannot do it anymore on my own. I get too depressed and I shut down which ends up coming between my husband and I because I get soooooo miserable. and I hate to burden him with my weight issue as it has been an ongoing one for the 12 years we have been together.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or pointers for me at all.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post....keep on keeping on ladies, you are doing fantastic!!

Kim

Last edited by better life; 06-18-2009 at 10:22 PM.
better life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:22 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 177/172.4/120

Height: 5.3

Wow I had to go through 3 pages to see what was going on. Dria your pics are amazing and your dining room looks better than mine when I was renovating

I am 29 and married and no kids, one of the reasons I wanna lose weight is becuase I wanna have kids soon and dont wanna lose complete control of my size when that happens.

I am restarting the program Monday, with the flu and everything I fell so far behind in my planning that I had to let the rest of the week pass by. But I am back on track with the planning and am soon going to get the recipe book.

The great new through my week was my WI on Friday went really well I had dropped a pound so I was super excited about that. I guess I will be measured next week and I have my fingers crossed for that.

What kind of excercise does everyone do or recommend?

Kim welcome to the group.
Aditi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #243  
Success is a journey

S/C/G: 200/173/140

Height: 5'5

welcome Better life/Kim! I hope that you find success with the program and that you will become a regular part of our group here. Good luck with this investment in yourself and your health.

Aditi: Sickness happens. Way to go on your fresh start! We wish you well.

About exercise: It depends on your fitness level. If you have been completely inactive I would start with 20 minutes of walking/day. But if you have been relatively active then you can do more diverse stuff like cycling (stationary or the real thing), weights (light), and whatever else strikes your fancy. I think the point is to get moving period and doing it in a way that works with your lifestyle. I personally love being outside so the more I can do outside the better. Heck! Mowing the lawn is exercise. My main point in this long babbling session here is find what works for you. I love yoga and walking, swimming, trampoline, and so much more!
mememegogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:46 PM   #244  

Quick question, how long do i have to wait before I get to have a cool siggy like most of you guys?
Old 06-14-2009, 04:18 PM   #245  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

Height: 5'8"

Welcome newcomers! The more the merrier!

Aditi: I JUST got my signature privledges a few days ago. I think it is a minimum of 20 posts and 20 days (or something like that)

As for exercise, when I started HM I wasn't doing anything but a little over a month ago I started adding that to my day. I started doing Wii Fit each evening and then I also started the Couch to 5K running program (I can't even believe it myself really!). Then when the EA Active Sports for Wii came out, I started doing the 30 day challenge on there so Wii Fit has sort of fallen by the way side (I sometimes do it on my rest days for Active). Although I haven't noticed a big difference in the scale movement since I started exercising, I have definitely noticed the inches coming off faster. And, even more importantly, I FEEL better!
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:33 PM   #246  
Success is a journey

How do you like the Active Sports Momo? They came out with a personal training one too that we are thinking about...

Honestly, as someone who wasn't able to be physically active until just the last month I can say without a doubt that it makes a huge difference to inch loss, not to mention the amount of energy you will have. I saw literally 2 inches come off of my thighs the week after I started exercising. If you want to really excelerate your loss you can work out like a crazy fool with lots of sweating and such... just like the biggest loser and you will see big numbers all around.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:22 AM   #247  
banned

Height: 5'8

Happy Monday ladies!!

Welcome to the newbies!!

Well, I'm here...
I did a lot of "soul searching" this past week.
I feel as though...my life was only about food...only about my weightloss.
That was the only thing going in my life...really...my only happiness.

My husband and I talked a lot last week...and he made me realize that this is not a race... that I was getting obsessed, that I didn't want to go nowhere, that I wasn't living anymore. I became obsessed with food, and weighin' food and reading about food... and I became miserable... I became miserable cause I wasn't enjoying life anymore...cause I was afraid to step out of my comfort zone.

I need to find a balance...a balance between losing weight, making good choices, but still living. I need to trust myself to KNOW when to stop, what to eat, what not to eat...when to cheat, when to be good...

This week was a test for me. My goal for this was to be close to the same I weighed last Monday (last time I had a WI). Last night, I was at the same... but I might be over one pound or so...we'll see.

I ate many things that I'm not supposed to.... I didn't follow the program meaning I had issues with water, veggies..and I cheated...boy did I cheat.

I had a bag (big) of chips, I had chocolate cookies (a box), I had on one night - half a club with fries, I had movie popcorn & chocolate, I had a double stacker from Burger King (no fries).... you get the picture. This was cheats of my week. And if I'm one pound up tonight, I'll be ok... cause I know. This might show me that... listen - one cheat a week - you AIN'T going to DIE.

Not that I NEED to cheat...but like my BDay is coming up on Friday and yes, I'll celebrate and yes, I'll have a drink or 2 or 3.... I mean... I was depressed just thinking about my bday...I didn't want to celebrate at all...

So this is my rant for this Monday. I'm very proud of what this week has thaught me...and my goal is now to find BALANCE in my life.
Chantal0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #248  
Success is a journey

Chantal, I think that this soul-searching and your cheats over this past week are going to be a milestone for you in this journey. I think that you will find as you search for balance in life that you will find success and you will be happy. I think you should be very proud of yourself as you are still committed to the journey but more importantly you are committed to living a healthier life. I think it will take trial and error but I think you will find just the right mix. You are a strong woman.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:19 AM   #249  
banned

Height: 5'8

Thanks Meme - appreciate it.

I'm also thinking that going in for WI 3x per week is maybe too much.
I'm upset when it's not down enough, etc... a whole lot happens during ONE week. So maybe I should drop to 2 weigh-ins & see how I feel...
Go in on Monday...and maybe do Thursday or Friday.

Thoughts?
Chantal0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:51 AM   #250  
Success is a journey

I am doing the opposite. I wasn't able to go in more than one visit/week because of my back. Now I am trying to go in 3x for a bit and see how that goes. I think anything that we can do to 'shake it up' a bit takes away from the monotony of it all. We'll see how my back likes this change ... if I don't respond well to the extra travel/sitting time then I'll have to cut back again. You are so right though Chantal, so much can happen in a week.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:52 AM   #251  

S/C/G: 228.6/196.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Hello there sexy ladies!!!

Welcome to all the newbies to the group!!!! I wish you well on your weight loss journey!!!

Good news... I am down 2 pounds since last Monday!!! I had a interesting weekend... soccer tournament, girlfriends birthday party, and anniversary dinner. I had wine, pasta, which I only ate a quarter of, garlic bread, ice cream, 1/2 sausage on a bun, and oh yeah I can't forget the alcohol........ so needless to say I drank gallons of water this weekend. I enjoyed my weekend and I was short on veggies this weekend. My center told me to drink lots and lots of water for the next few days just in case my body will catch up with the overindulgence's and I might gain. Back on the wagon I go... see Chantal don't obsess do what you can and get right back on track!!! My girl at the center told me its the difference of knowing to get right back on track the next day after an indulgence or saying what the heck I blew it I might as well continue on and cheat. That's the difference of how we got to where we needed to lose weight because we ate like that ALL the time!!!

I am glad Chantal that you talked to your hubby... he is right this not a race we all will get to goal... yes it may be expensive.. but we do have to live life to our fullest and healthiest at the same time!!! I am glad your spirits are up!!!

Talk later

lee2lee
lee2lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:01 PM   #252  

Well Im back on track....after a week of using the flu as an excuse I got my prep work done and am back on track to lose.

I only go to the centre once a week mostly Fridays becasue of my crazy commute to and from work but I use email as my favourite tool to interact with the group at the center and it works perfectly coz Im online all day.

Chantal, you are doing fantastically well and this past week of setbacks you had forget about them. Just keep your ultimate goal in mind thats all you need to do. Remember the weighing and the measuring is just a means to the end. The not measuring is what brought us all to the place we are at now. The extra work is going to help me get to where I want to be and that is all that matters. Kepp your goal in mind, imagin what it would be like, go shopping and look at the size you wanna be and you will come home thinking that the weighing and measuring is easy

I am going to now try and get some walking in this week too so i can lose more than the 2 lbs
Old 06-15-2009, 04:44 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

Height: 5'8"

Well I did my wi this afternoon and was only down .2 pounds (boo!) but that was still 2.4 last week and I lost 4 inches so I'll definitely be happy with that.

Aditi: I didn't even know that email communication was an option? Hmmm.

I don't mind the visits and I have just learned not to get too worked up if the numbers don't look like I wish they would when I am weighing in 3 times a week. I totally know that it depends a lot on the time of day I go and the clothes that I wear so I have to look at the big picture and that is fairly consistant downward numbers. Yay!

Keep at it ladies!
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:20 PM   #254  
Chocoholic

S/C/G: 151/ 119 /120

Height: 5 feet tall & bullet proof!

Welcome Newbies! WI for me tomorrow a.m. TOM is coming close so we shall see.
I have to be honest just for a minute, and please, I mean no offense at all to anyone! So here goes... I started this journey around March 25thish, and I chose HM because I wanted someone to kick my a*s when I messed up, not someone who pats me on the head and says "its ok", over & over, cause its NOT ok for me. I can honestly say that I have not cheated AT ALL except for 2 mini chocolate eggs around easter, a BITE of cheese cake @ a friends anniversary party, and ONE of my sons french frys last week. All this talk of major cheating, is triggering some old thinking patterns in me. I'm beginning to think that maybe I can cheat big too, and it won't make that much difference. I hate these thoughts, because thats what got me here to begin with. A little cheat here & there, a large cheat now & then, and everyone around me saying "its ok, just try harder next week". That didnt/doesnt work for me. There I said it. Again I apologize if I've offended anyone, because thats not what I meant to do. I just wanted to express the type of thoughts that it's triggering in me. "Its ok, I can do it, then I'll just get back on the wagon", type thoughts, and if you do cheat I think thats exactly what you should do, get back on the wagon. But for me, cheating large would be a MAJOR trigger, and could make it all come crashing down. Anyway, have a good night all!
witchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:41 PM   #255  
Success is a journey

Witchie: Everyone is entitled to their opinions for sure. Everyone is also entitled to do what is best for them in their own life circumstances. Most of us have some baggage attached to our weight loss journey so it takes longer to accomplish what we set out to do. However, in the long term ... if we deal with those issues effectively thru this process then we are more likely to be successful with this lifelong battle against weight issues.

HM gals are good at butt kicking. However, on here we are allowed to be gracious to one another because someone else is already kicking our butts and sometimes we just need a kind, encouraging word. More often than not we are already kicking our own butts pretty hard when we mess up so the last thing we need is yet another whupping. That is my opinion. So for those of you who are choosing to take a 'balanced approach' to the program rather than 'whole hog diet' my opinion is that it is ok. You will suffer natural consequences for your choices whether good or bad and from that you will learn. The key as I recognize it is perseverence overall.
And Witchie, I am truly impressed that you have had very few slip ups. I think that is more the exception than the rule but it is inspiring nonetheless.

A few months from now I hope that every single one of us has found what we are looking for on this journey. I hope too that we will be able to rejoice together in our continued victory in the 'battle of the bulge'