WOO HOO !!!!

Congratulations, Dria !!

Amazing!!!
sunnygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:18 PM   #332  
5 lbs at a time!!

S/C/G: 202/195/150

Height: 4'11

Hello ladies...been a few days since I posted, have had a tough week with a bad tooth. Also had to do alot of thinking this week as to which plan I am going to go with....not sure if you guys have heard of HERBAL ONE or not, my choice was between HM or HO.....I was going to go with the HM but chose to go with the HO instead. I think the plans are similar, but the HO was more do-able with my work scehdule etc.

I looked around for a Herbal One forum and there isn't one anywhere...so I was wondering if it would be okay with you ladies if I hung out with you guys?

PLEEAAASEEEE......LOL

I go tomorrow at 3pm, cannot wait I am very excited about it. My mom is joining as well, she doesn't have as much to lose as I...but I am so excited that she and I are doing this together!!

Way to go on the losers this week....way to go everyone!!!!

I will post my start weight tomorrow when I get home...I have also made a private FACEBOOK page as well...that I plan on opening up once I get going on plan, I took some pics of myself yesterday...NOT TOO PRETTY I have to say but I want to track my progress by pics as well.

Again I hope you don't mind if I hang out with you girls...I won't try to push the plan on anyone...I just want to have a group to be associated with.

Kim
better life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:48 AM   #333  
3rd time's a CHARM

S/C/G: 274/259/210

Height: 5'7

Better life - no problem! we are all on the same journey

So I haven't posted since I proposed the water challenge LOL That went well for me actually, but this week has been tough with lil cheats here and there for me. Yesterday at WI I was down 1LB, but today I was up 3/4.... oopsie.

This weekend is going to be hard for me. I am doing the Cancer Society's Relay for Life and spending the weekend at a friend's place out of town. I'm going to try my hardest to stay on plan!!

Also, I had like 7 pages of posts to read!! So *sprinkles encouragement on everyone's food* in lieu of responding to everything LOL

AND ONE LAST THING:

Whoever had that iced cap recipe can you post it again?? I"m having trouble finding it. Thaaaaaanks!! Update ya'll on MONDAY
chunksoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:22 AM   #334  

S/C/G: 177/172.4/120

Height: 5.3

Yay Dria

Over 50lbs gone you must be on top of the world. You are truly an inspiration for those of us who are starting on this journey.

My WI is tonight lez see how I do
Aditi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:43 AM   #335  
banned

Height: 5'8

WAY TO GO DRIA!! WOOT WOOT!

Better life - WElCOME! Maybe you could share what you program is all about!

WI last night for me... I lost 2.2 pounds since Monday.... I'm 0.2 pounds away from 30!! WOOT WOOT. Hopefully I'll have a pretty good weekend and be at least 0.2 pounds by Monday LOL

It's my BDAY!!! P-A-R-T-Y!!
Chantal0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:25 AM   #336  
5 lbs at a time!!

Thanks to everyone for accepting me...

Chunks, I hope you do well staying on plan you can this weekend, must be tough when your away from home...good luck!!

Aditi...good luck with your WI tonight!!

Chantal...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

WTG on the 2.2loss!!!!! Being 2.2lbs away from the 30lb mark must feel fantastic!!

Thanks for the welcome as well!! I will certainly share any info you would like, I think it is similar to HM, I guess we can compare when I get all the info today...WOO HOO!!!!!!!

I also have started a blog...I want to try to do all I can to keep me motivated, I don't want to fail this time...I am 35 years old and I am sick of feeling like I am much much older, my body aches all the time...I get so down on myself and I can be a miserable BIOTCH on the best of days....NO MORE!!!!

Hope everyone has a great on plan day!!

Have a great day ladies!!
Old 06-19-2009, 09:56 AM   #337  
Success is a journey

S/C/G: 200/173/140

Height: 5'5

Iced Capp:
1 Chocolate VHP
8-12 Ice cubes (approx 1 cup give or take- it depends how slushy you want it)
2 tsp instant coffee (heaping - can adjust to taste)
Splenda or Stevia to taste
You can also add a splash of vanilla if you so desire.

Last edited by mememegogirl; 06-19-2009 at 09:57 AM.
mememegogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:13 PM   #338  
Success is a journey

I have been absolutely ravenous the past couple of days! It is taking every ounce of willpower I have not to indulge. I am choosing all of the filling foods, breaking up my meals so that I have snacks, drinking lots, chewing gum and anything else that keeps my mind off of food. UGH! This is frustrating! However, I think I've figured out that it is where I am in my cycle that is causing this. Last month it was the same. Apparently ovulation makes me hungry! Who knew?!? Anyone else have this problem? Oh yes, and I get a rematch right before TOM too... FUN! Gotta love being in my 30s...
Old 06-20-2009, 12:03 AM   #339  
5 lbs at a time!!

Okay so here I am ladies....all my materials and I am ready to go tomorrow!!

Had to get my shopping done tonight...just did up my menu for tomorrow...wow it seems like so much food to fit in, I am sure in a few weeks it won't seem that way to me, but right now it does.

I think HERBAL ONE is very similar to HERBAL MAGIC in the food aspect. Right now I am eating......3 proteins, 4 veggies, 3 fruits, 3 starches, 2 dairy and 3 fat. Plus we have a ONE CHOICE food to eat once per daily, this can be something that is 100 calories or LESS, so I can eat the 100 calorie packs if I want. Do you guys get that option on HM? I couldn't remember if that was something I was told at the consult. There is also FREE CHOICES which is mainly condiments, FF mayo, sour cream, light jello...etc. We are allowed 2 choices per day of those ones....if we want them.

I am on 3 different pills, ULTRA THIN ONE...this helps controls the appetite and provide and increase in metabolism. ULTRA FIBRACHROME....this helps to control the gluclose levels leaving a fuller feeling for a longer period of time. Lastly the ULTRA ENZYME COMPLEX....this helps to aid in digestion, may reduce cholesterol, lists all different things.

Also on Monday Wednesday Friday we take the products at the center, MON...retention release. WED....L-Glute effervescent....FRI...Optimum D-Tox

I weighed in today at 208.3/4....so I was up 1 1/4 lb from when I was there almost 3 weeks ago. They have my goal date listed as February 22/2010...my goal weight is 137.5lbs

I am sooooo excited that Mom is doing this with me.....

Well ladies...hope everyone had a great day, I am off to bed the pain pills are kicking in and it is all I can do to stay awake...cannot wait to get this tooth dealt with Monday!!

Night all

K
Old 06-20-2009, 12:04 AM   #340  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

Height: 5'8"

Went for my Friday wi today and I lost another 2.4 pounds!!! Since Wednesday!?!

I broke the 35 pound mark and lost more than 6 pounds this week!
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:09 AM   #341  
5 lbs at a time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof5k View Post
Went for my Friday wi today and I lost another 2.4 pounds!!! Since Wednesday!?!

I broke the 35 pound mark and lost more than 6 pounds this week!

WOW good for you....way to go .....you must be so proud of yourself, and so you should be!!!....that is AMAZING.....may I ask what week you are in??

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2009, 12:13 AM   #342  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

Height: 5'8"

Week 12

Yup, it feels great!!
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:25 PM   #343  
Manager

S/C/G: 176.2/115.2/120

Height: 5'1"

So much to catch up on ladies. Im hoping to get to you all. Im a little rushed today as My neices should be here any moment now.

Sunny- CONGRATS!!!! A great start! How are you feeling about the meals so far? Hope your handling it well. Some people do have a tough time with the restrictions, but if thats not the case Super and if it is the case I hope you figure out what meals you can handle over and over lol. Keep up the amazing work!

BetterLife- Congrats on making the commitment to make yourself feel better. It sounds ALOT like Herbal Magic thats for sure. The 3 different pills a meal (though your intake might be slightly different?!) The freebie of 100 cal snack etc... all very familiar. I welcome you to the group and look forward to cheering on your progress as the weeks go by.

Chunks- No worries about that very very slight w/i that was up. I have no doubt your gonna be down 2 more by monday!!! You keep up the great work Chicky!!!

Aditi- I am awaiting to hear how your W/I went. Please come back and let us know how your doing soon. Thanks for the compliments I am over the moon. better yet I feel sexy And healthy... and energetic and who could ask for more then that!??!!?

Chantal- Sorry I am a day late. But HAPPY BIRTHDAY I hope you had a very great time. .2 down for monday PFFFFT Birthday and all I betcha your gonna be down a pound or two and kick that 30lbs lost way gone!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

mememegogirl- great job with the fighting off the hungries!!! When Im feeling hungry like that in the evening (snacky time old bad habit trying to ignore for me) I fill up on my teas and water.... I suck it back like its going out of style. Keeps me up moving to the potty and back lol And heating the water and making and dipping my tea bag keeps my hands busy!!! Good work!!

momof5k- HOLY SMOKES THATS FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!! weel 12 and 36lbs?!?! Your kicking my butt!!! At 12 weeks I had lost 33.2 lbs. So your way ahead of the game. Keep up the great work. Feels wonderful doesnt it?

Well I made my 50lbs and stocked up with my 50% off on my plats bars and shakes Love those bars! lol. I have been behaving. My celebrating for making it was simply being bubbly for the day, and telling EVERYONE I saw that I had made my 50lbs so they could be happy with me and for me. That itself is a kick arse feeling. Dont get me wrong.. Id love to go have some pie or ice cream.. but breaking habits here. Keeping busy instead of sitting to eat to reward myself...

WHat do you ladies think?!?! My goal date isnt til Aug 17. But I only have 5.8 more lbs to go. I havent plateaued so I think my body so far is still good with me losing weight and going lower....
Now I still have 5.8 to go mind you... I could still really stall anytime between now and then. If I DONT stall do you guys think I should switch my goal to 115?!?! Remember Im only barely 5'1" So that lower weight is still very healthy... but... ah what do you guys think?!?!?

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I know mine will be busy
I cant wait to see the loss of lbs on Monday Ladies
Dria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 03:32 PM   #344  
Success is a journey

I only have a second and it is to gripe. WHAT A RIP-OFF! I only lost 1.9lbs this week! What the?!? I am annoyed because I have been good. Granted, I am back on my pain meds for my back and even within the name it is called 'sodium diclofenac' or something like that. I'm sure I'll be down more by my Tuesday wi... and to be fair, I haven't been able to exercise this week. Either my kids were sick, I was sick, or my back was acting up. Oh welll.....

I'll be brief now and say I am rooting for everyone of you at any stage you happen to be at. I don't know about you but I feel great already!
Old 06-21-2009, 08:22 AM   #345  
5 lbs at a time!!

Smile

Dria...thanks for the Welcome.

Regarding the pill intake...there is 2 that (4 pills) I take 30 minutes before each meal and one that I take (2pills) with my meal.

I don't know what to tell you regarding the lower weight of 115lbs, do you think it is a weight you are going to be able to maintain easily when you are all done the program? I am a SHORTY also...as I am 4'11. I have my goal weight set at 137.5, I will most likely be in the same situation you are when I reach my goal, or get close to it, but I also want to be at a weight that is a maintainable one, for me personally, I think 115lbs is too low, I think I may go to 125, but that would be the lowest for me. But everyone is different. No matter what you choose look how far you have I bet you look and feel amazing....have you ever posted before and after pics? Would LOVE to see them if your not to shy to post them...

MEME...sorry your loss wasn't as much as you wanted it to be, but I am sure it could be from the sodium medication....did you ask them at the center if that could be why? Best of luck to you this week...I am sure Tuesday will bring you great numbers!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope everyone is having a great weekend, mine is going well...hoping this rain stays away, but right now it is not looking to promising, yesterday it was terrible for the rain

I have to share this with you guys and I sure you have all experienced this as well during your HM journey....so I had my menu all planned out for yesterday, then my cousin calls and asks me to go out of town with her for a couple of hours, I take a snack along with me because I didn't want to mess up on my first day. SO I grabbed a cup of baby carrots through them in a ziplock and away I go....well that decision, made a mess of my menu for the rest of the day. I don't know what I was looking at when I looked in my book for carrots, but my portion should have been 1/2cup...not a cup. Messed my whole menu up....LOL Good thing I chose to write in pencil because I had to redo lunch and dinner....LOL...guess you learn along the way...

I did find I had a hard time trying to get in all the food as well, does anyone have that problem? Also had a HUGE headache lastnight and when I spoke to my mom she did as well...I think it is might be lack of the BAD CARBS?? I have done low carb diets in the past and I know that the headaches in the beginning are horrendous!! I am used to eating bread 'atleast' 2 times a day...so 4 slices, plus all the other crap. 3 starches is NO WHERE near what I would have eaten on a regular day...which is why I am where I am.

Okay one last question for you guys....sorry to bombard you, do you guys spread everything out for your food? 3 meals and 3 snacks? This is what I had in mind to do, but I found I still had to eat at like 8pm lastnight, not sure about eating that late??

Sorry to ramble, but I do tend to do this....LOL

Have a good one!!