Old 06-23-2009, 06:13 PM   #361  
Manager

S/C/G: 176.2/115.2/120

Height: 5'1"

Ive used the Sb's
They worked when I was drinking. They may not help you lose weight that weekend.. but they help it from going up. Fb's Ive never used.
Dria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:02 PM   #362  
5 lbs at a time!!

S/C/G: 202/195/150

Height: 4'11

Evening Ladies. Hope you all had a great OP day!!

I have been doing great with my new way of life....feel so much better now that I have started the enzymes no more bloating....and happy to tell you all that I was down 2lbs this afternoon at weigh in!! 3.75lbs GONE FOR GOOD!!!!! And I am now 67.5lbs from goal!!

Cannot wait till I have siggy rights so I can make a ticker!!

Have been extra busy this evening, my daughters graduation is tomorrow morning....she is graduating from grade 6....you would think it was the prom....LOL...we have a hair appt at 9:15 tomorrow morning...I did the manicure/pedicure tonight and a trial run on the make-up...still have to cut up 2 blocks of cheese...and I have NO IDEA what I am even wearing.

I will post a pic of my little graduate later tomorrow.

Well I better get off here because now I am thinking about just what am I going to wear tomorrow????

Kim
better life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:08 PM   #363  
On my way...

S/C/G: 237/ticker/187

Height: 5'8"

Hello Ladies,

Good to see that everyone is doing well. Congratulations on all your losses!

meme - Those are interesting suggestions from your centre and from your doctor. I am going to try to use them when TOM causes water retention.

Dria - You're doing so well, why not try for 115? As long as it's a healthy wait for you - go for it.

Aditi - I haven't used any FB or SB, but I've only been on the program for a week. I spoke to a friend who has been on HM for a few months and she uses them when she knows that she has "overdone" it. She says that they do help, but they are not something that should be used on a regular basis.

I had my one week weigh in today and have lost a grand total of 5.5lbs! I know that its a good, healthy loss but I can't help but feel I should have lost more. Maybe I've been watching Biggest Loser too much, but I was sort of hoping for a higher number. I'm really going to have to step up the workouts.

It's going to be tough to stick to the program over the next few weeks because we'll be at the cottage and having guests. There's always food and booze around and sometimes I just can't control myself!

I have a question for all of you. Who knows that your on Herbal Magic? As of now, only my husband and a few very close friends know. I think I'm afraid to tell people because I'm afraid I might fail. On the other hand, if more people know, I might feel more pressure to succeed. I've been thinking about this for a few days now and still haven't decided. I'm curious to know how all of you dealt with this.
sunnygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:19 PM   #364  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

That's a great question! So far, the only people that know I am on HM are my husband and kids and 2 close friends. Then there are a few ohers that know I am "doing something" but not the specifics.

For me, part of it is privacy...embarrassment....fear of failure. And part of it is I want to wait to see when/if people notice that I LOOK thinner and if I knew that they knew that I was dieting, I may not believe them if they told me. Does that make sense?

In the last few weeks, people that didn't know anything have been commenting/asking if I have lost weight. Now I know it is begninning to show....and THAT feels great!
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:31 AM   #365  
3rd time's a CHARM

S/C/G: 274/259/210

Height: 5'7

Sunny: I've been on HM twice before. The first time was when I was in highschool and of course I told as few people as I could... because highschool is DRAMA, right?

The second time I was in university. My roommates knew and I wasn't trying to hide it from anyone and I spoke freely about my journey.

THIS TIME!!! The only people that know are my family and a close friend who is also on program. Since graduating from university and moving back home I won't be seeing a lot of my closer friends for a few months... so I want it to be a surprise Otherwise, everyone would know. haha.

No WI for me today like I said I would... got busy and dirty doing yard work. WEDNESDAY it is!

oooh and i tried that ICED CAPP recipe. Mmm Mmm Mmm! And surprisingly kepy me full from lunch until dinner.
chunksoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:24 AM   #366  
Chocoholic

S/C/G: 151/ 119 /120

Height: 5 feet tall & bullet proof!

Sugar blockers? Well, if I would have known, I would have bought them forsure for last weekend, they may have helped with the alcoholic bevys, which are loaded with sugar. I'm surprised that companys aren't creating more sugar free versions, there are a couple, but the choices are limited. I mainly stuck to rum & diet coke. As far as telling people about HM, only my hubby knows, for no particular reason, just wanted to keep it to myself. I'm a private kinda person, besides all my "girls" live hours away from me, and I only get to see them a couple times per year, so I am my support system.

Dria: I'm 5 feet tall and they want me to go to 115, so it may be ok for you too, I guess it depends on whether or not your body will accept that weight. I say give it a shot, and if your body rebels, then you know that 115 is a wee bit too small.

Have a sun shiney day everybody!
witchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:47 AM   #367  
Manager

S/C/G: 176.2/115.2/120

Height: 5'1"

Well Im down again Sounds like a complaint almost eh LOL. To be honest Im very nervous to get to my goal. Silly hey. But seriously the feeling of.... now what is coming on me. Not sure where IM going with that yet but.... Im trying to work it all out in my head.

I was 124.4 on Monday and today I was 123.6-8 I was bouncing back and forth so we settled on 123.8lbs.
that means 3.8 lbs to my goal.
Im thinking I will go for 115. I have the time to do it. And my body was on my biggest day before 117 I usually sat at 110. So I think Im gonna go for it!!!!

ABout the Fb's and Sb's Buy some if ya want ya just never know when ya might need them. Mainly the center here sells them to people going away on vacation who might have more trouble eating right. I bought only the sb's for some social gatherings. I wanted to partake but didnt wanna go up.
My center reccomended this.
The day of the evening blast take 2 sb's after lunch. then again after supper.
DRINK LOTSA WATER!!!!! Then take two more sb's in the morning after the party and LOTSA WATER!!! Like I said it didnt help me go down much but I sure didnt go up. I bought the sb's in feb and I still have more then half a bottle.
Im so happy to read of all these first week water loses. Great job everyone!!!! Keep it up.
And for the rest of us a little further in your loses are great too. What a bunch of losers we are here eh....... I mean it in a good way though lol
Have a great day ladies
Dria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:42 PM   #368  
banned

Height: 5'8

Hi ladies - I"M HERE! hahaha
Didn't post ONCE this week - I'm sorry!

WOO, I had LOTS to read I tell ya!
I see you're all doing good and that's awesome!!

With all the talks of FB's or SB's...I think I'll buy some with the summer coming our way.

I'm been so overwhelmed (but a good overwhelmed) and busy... I'm working on a business idea... I've been reading books and having ideas for the last 5 years or more... No...let me say that again! I've been having ideas since I was 6 or 7 yrs old... lol Seriously, I've been pondering the thought of doing something in the last 5 years...and I think this is it.

I can't back down, I want to go forth and DO THIS! I believe in it too and I know I'll succeed - what a feeling!

That said though (here is the balance thing again), I need to BALANCE my energy between FUN, BUSINESS, WEIGHTLOSS, FAMILY AND MY LOVER!

Not easy... This week, I've been good...but I've been better. I mean, one day I was missing a fruit, 2 veggies and I ate one starch more... Could be worst, could be french fries or whichever... but still.

So at least I'm aware and I know. Didn't get a WI this week yet... I'll go tomorrow. Sometimes, I'd like a break. Some days, I simply want to keep my 30 pounds off and I'd be happy not to lose more for a few weeks.

But I think it's simply my balance thing...which I need to work on cause what am I going to do with a business? I'll go all out on the business, forget everything else...and THEN once I realized I need fun, then I'll forget about the business???
Chantal0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:29 PM   #369  
Chocoholic

S/C/G: 151/ 119 /120

Height: 5 feet tall & bullet proof!

Chantal: Go forth and prosper girl! Good for you!!

Dria: I have been having the same thoughts, what happens after the supplements, etc? Hmmm.... Anyway, your doing great, way to go!
witchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:09 PM   #370  
3rd time's a CHARM

S/C/G: 274/259/210

Height: 5'7

Dria: that's amazing! You seem to have a super consistant weight loss every time you WI! 115 should be no problem for you!

Chantal: I hear ya about the balance thing! Good luck with your business adventure, can't wait to hear more about it.

WI today for me was excellent! I am now down a total of 11lbs!! I *should* be at 12lbs, but I am happy nonetheless. I am also down a total of 14 and a quarter inches!! I am motivated and excited to keep on track.

Can't wait to hear about everyone elses progress!
chunksoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:28 PM   #371  

S/C/G: 228.6/196.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Up down up down and up down again...

That is the story of my weight and it drives me crazy... I find doing HM with the nice weather a little harder... Iced cappucinos and dairy queen are all around.... and in a few pounds I will loose food which will make it even harder. I was 206 on Monday 205 Tuesday and now 205.4. I was hungry at work yesterday and I had some crackers because water wasn't cutting it. Man I am struggling here... but I will proceed with my efforts and I am still ahead of my weight loss by 4 pounds. SO I will take what my body gives me.

My centre is doing a bingo lottery thing which allows you to put a ballot in each week for a 100.00 gift certificate good towards products. When you fill your board for the week of challenges you put a ballot in. Kind of fun to shake things up a bit.

I will talk later take care

lee2lee
lee2lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:11 PM   #372  
On my way...

S/C/G: 237/ticker/187

I keep forgetting to take my pills before meals. Any suggestions?

How important are they?
sunnygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:25 PM   #373  
5 lbs at a time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal View Post

How important are they?
I would say they are the key element to the weightloss...as they are supposed to curb your appetite....make you feel fuller etc. If it were just the foods you wouldn't need HM.

You may have to buy yourself a alarm and set it to go off to remind you. Or even set the pills on the counter so you will see them.

Last edited by better life; 06-24-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:37 PM   #374  
5 lbs at a time!!

Soooo...I had my 3rd weigh in today...down another 1.25lbs....5 pounds gone...WAHOO!!!!!!!! I am so close to being back in ONEderland...I can smell it!!

My daughter's grad went well...only had to wipe the tears away a few times....LOL...okay more then a few but it is hard to see my baby growing up seems like yesterday I dropped her off at kindegarten, and now she is going off to junior high...

I will upload a pic if I can...

Hope all is well with everyone.

Cheers!!
Old 06-25-2009, 07:49 AM   #375  
banned

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal View Post

How important are they?
Ok,...some of you will not like me, and that's ok...but I'm human and I have my OWN opinion on this...so I'll share. Take it or leave it - but DON'T SHOOT ME.

Pills are not the base of the program. I'm sorry. I do not believe they are since I was off of them for almost a month and I never saw a change in me (in my appetite or whatever) and I lost the same (and possibly more) amount of weight on or off the pill.

I don't want to RUFFLE any feathers....but this is MY opinion.
I love HM, I love their program, I love the fact that you're SO accountable....
but I really think the pills are not A MUST HAVE...if they were, how are we going to MAINTAIN when we quit? You can't be on pills ALL YOUR LIFE.

That's why I'm debating if I want those SB's & FB's...cause ya know...reality is...I'll need to deal with this ON MY OWN at some point...

PLEASE DON'T SHOOT THE MESSAGER!!! I'm saying this cause some people have been pretty...upset with my thoughts...telling me that HM is not for me then...

So here, you asked - I answered
Chantal0123 is offline   Reply With Quote