3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Aussie Chicks 2009 (1) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/163747-aussie-chicks-2009-1-a.html)

amouse 02-18-2009 04:03 PM

hey guys .. had a bad day yesterday i went to my cousins hubby funeral i was worried before i went and ate crap then i came home and ate some more crap.. blew my cals right out of the water..

Oh well today is a new day right?
My cousin has two little kids to bring up all on her own now.. and they are both just a little older then my kids ( 5 and 9). her youngest has a brain tumour that pushes her eye across her face.. they had just built there dream home and had set there old place up as a rental..

Jim had a new job and was abit excited/anxious he went to work got to his office and just collapsed his colleges found him dead . he was only 50 odd .and a really nice man and a school teacher, his older kids spoke at the funeral they are late teens /early 20's .

PerthChick 02-18-2009 06:14 PM

Amy that's really sad. I had a friend contact me through Facebook a couple of months ago - I hadn't seen her for about 17 years - and she had a similar thing happen to her. She came home from work one day and her husband had collapsed on the bathroom floor. She did CPR until the ambulance arrived but it was too late…

She sent me an email yesterday, and is going to come and visit for a week over Easter (she lives in Brisbane). How exciting! I don't get many visitors over here - all of my family live over east, and it's a rare event to have someone come over.

All is OK with my weight loss. Up and down but mostly on track. It's snacking in the evening that I find hardest to overcome. I'm going to have to pay some attention to that if I am to beat this thing.

barbegirl71 02-22-2009 12:38 AM

Where is everyone?

smylie 02-22-2009 01:15 AM

snacking in the evening SUCKS but i find if i cant beat it i make it boring or make it ok - takes the naughtyness and the fun out of it
mushrooms and sweet chilli sauce, celery, carrot, rice crackers, rice cakes
low jeul cordial
doing something else with my hands - craft, internet, my nails, folding washing.....

i am VERY interested to see what i weigh in at tomorrow - i hope it is the same but i dont know
am pretty sure i know where i went 'wrong' a couple of days this week but mostly in a good mind frame which is the main thing.... jemima's birthday lunch was at a dessert place so that was a great start hehehehe

will be back tomorrow to weigh in! woohoo

oh did i tell u woolies did not accept my resignation so i am now casual doing whatever hours i want whenever i want just as long as i do some every fortnight woohoo

Lindor 02-22-2009 01:56 AM

I'm lurking!

Still working on my routines, but definately getting there.

Confident I had a good week dietwise (apart from a work lunch outing on friday where I had a huge plate of noodles!), so hoping for something of a loss tomorrow.

Mowed the lawn yesterday! And because my grounds are everything but straight and flat, I wound up using the manual hand lawn mower! Now that must have burnt some calories! I also chopped down a heap of branches! Things grow so fast here!!! But all in all, I am loving this gardening thing! I just wish I had somewhere to put a small vege plot.

Still haven't used the spa...but I somehow seem to be managing it's maintenance ok.

I have planned out another week of meals. And have a shopping list ready for Monday week. So far I am managing to keep to my calorie budget and my financial budget.

I am still loving this whole new life and not feeling homesick at all!

LittleKiwi 02-22-2009 02:40 PM

Amy I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin's husband. That's really sad.

I'm not doing well at the moment. Haven't been to the gym for over a week and my diet's been all over the place.

I've had my period and have used that as an excuse to eat more and move less. I feel totally unmotivated and am going to have to force myself to do something about it.

I've got my gym gear and will go to the gym tonight, even if I just walk for 20 minutes that's better than nothing.

:twirly:

PerthChick 02-22-2009 03:14 PM

Julia I'm in the same boat. The only thing I am doing right is walking - and I've now passed my first 1000km. But the food…

I'm not sure how to find the motivation to keep going - even though I know in my head what I need to do. I have this battle going on inside me, and more often than not I am giving in and making poor food choices.

So - *deep breath* - I will set a tiny goal: just get today right. Don't even think about tomorrow - just do everything I need to do to reach today's goals.

I'm going to stop worrying about what the scales might say, or how tight my clothes feel, and stop beating myself up for "failing". I am just going to concentrate on the choices I make today!

7senuf 02-22-2009 07:14 PM

Wow we all seemed to have a bit of a lull in here. Is it guilt keeping us away. Mine is. I've had nothing really to say so havent, but have still popped in to read.

I've now gone up to 78.8kg. This is really starting to get ridiculous. I know i have a vice of eating at night when i jump in bed with a book, but mostly been having popcorn. Prob this week i had a choc bar and a 2 bowls of chips hat havent been ok choices.

So what the heck is going on???? I am trying to move more. And make healthy choices for our meals.

Officially am employed by QLD health as of today.

Had to ring today to get some supernumery shifts. The lady who is in there now didnt know so is looking at roster and getting back to me later. woohoo.

Maybe this is the beginning of a new era for me.

So hows everyone travelling???

Kel did you want to get together on the Saturday (21st March) some time? We have decided Saturday is going to be our lazy beach day. We arent even buying any meals that day. Will just hang about the beach and the apartment poolside. And have a salad lunch. You are welcome to join us any time of the day. I'll PM you my mobile number.

smylie 02-22-2009 10:36 PM

PUT ON 400GRAMS
doh
it's all good, daughters birthday week and that time of the month etc etc etc
however i blame more the bit of choc here and the little bit of slice there, it is easier when they are not in the house but i still did not eat as much as i normally would!

yes yes yes vonni probably brunch time would be cool, lazy beach sounds more fun than pancake parlour i just pm you about a catch up NOT relating to food sounds practicle especiallly considering how we know each other funny funny funny

ii am feeling very in control at the moment the house is getting tidier and i am feeling more confident with jemima, or basicallly i am over taking her crap so am getting tougher?? i dont know but feeling good, i have a couple more shifts at woolies then i go Casual not part time which will mean a lot more time for MY self

amy i am very very sorry to hear about your cousin

lindor you dont need a lot of room for vege patch, i think ani has hers all in pots??

ani - when you say that food is failing you are you snacking on the wrong foods??? when are you eating the wrong or too much food??

barbegirl71 02-23-2009 12:48 AM

I had a good week, but spoiled it by having a crappy weekend! Still managed to lose 200g though. I've decided to weigh in on Monday's now. I think that's the weight I should be going by. I travel well all week because I know I'm going to weigh in on Friday, then let loose over the wekend knowing I have a week to get rid of it. This way might make me think a little bit before opening my mouth and shovelling in whatever I can find.

Lindor 02-23-2009 03:30 AM

I forgot to post this morning...

...I weigh in at 94.2kg today.

7senuf 02-23-2009 06:01 AM

woo Lindor. WTG. :carrot: thats over 2kg than yr ticker beginning. Hows the lifestyle treating you? A vege garden sounds like fun. I hate rentals. Thats one thing i really miss about having my own home. A garden i can plant and watch mature.

Now I'm a brown thumb. Anything i plant dies and i have spent so much money grrrrr. and all to improve someone elses home.

Kel yr to funny.... Pancake parlour.... When I go to the manor in bris and i go the whole hog.... buttermilk pancakes with grilled banana, ice cream, cream and butterscotch sauce.......... so a pancake place is NOT an ideal place for us to be hahahaha. (well, me anyways) :p

7senuf 02-23-2009 06:03 AM

Goal for today (yeah i know its late)
No junk food when i go to bed.

Goal for tomorrow
Drink water
Do some housework instead of reading the next book in twighlight series lol.

I got Twilight from my daughter yesterday and I just finished it about 20 minutes ago. So addictive. Anyone else read it yet??? Or saw the movie?

LittleKiwi 02-23-2009 02:45 PM

Sounds like everyone's doing really well.

I went to the gym last night and ended up having a really good session - 30 minutes weights circuit and 50 minutes cardio.

This morning has not started well, the book of my car fell down and smashed me on the head. Lucky it didn't knock me out as it's very heavy. Huge lump, small cut and a bit of blood and I'm feeling a little bit dazed but all good apart from that.

I'll go to the gym tonight and just do cardio and then going out for dinner with mum to celebrate her birthday.

:twirly:

amouse 02-23-2009 03:30 PM

heys guys what a week ive had.. seriously crappy .. but anyway feeling better now.. and im getting back on track..

Today i am taking a car load of kindergarteners to the central markets in town.. its full of lovely fresh fruits and veggies... I dont care if im suppose to just look after the kids im gonna shop some too..

I am going with my friend so her kid and mine and one extra will be fine..

I have come up with a new plan for myself..

Calorie king gives me 1800 Cals a day and recomend 30 minutes of exercise.. .. so on the days i do the exercise i will aim for the 1800 and on days i dont ill aim for 1500 ... after looking through many calculators website etc.. i beleive this is the way to go for me.. so far this year i have been very unsuccessful at shifting any weight.. and im still above my lowest weight from november last year and going in the wrong direction.. .

So this is what im gonna try.. see if that will keep me a bit more focused and a bit more motivated to move.. if i want more then 1500 im gonna have to workout for it arent i?? lol

anyway.. things can only get better from here .. cant get in lower then the bottom of a hole.. so im climbing out ...

im gonna count the days i behave i have done this before and found it very motivating.. join in it might help you too

DAY 1