3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Aussie Chicks 2009 (1) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/163747-aussie-chicks-2009-1-a.html)

7senuf 03-11-2009 09:56 PM

Ani you gotta post some pics for us on yr trip to the zoo. Have a fabulous day xxx

barbegirl71 03-11-2009 11:21 PM

What sort of challenge did you have in mind Ani?

I laughed too Gen, but I also sympathised with you. I own underwear just like that. Hard to get into and even harder to get out of!

LittleKiwi 03-12-2009 03:25 PM

Last night I went to see U2 in 3D and it was awesome! 3D has come a long way since I was a kid, it was like being on stage with them. So cool!

Ani I am bored of the gym but the problem with me is that if I don't go to the gym, I won't do anything else! There's certainly something to be said for the fact that moving house is a big disruption.

My diet has been shocking over the past couple of weeks and I'm gaining weight because of it. This weekend I'm going to sit down and make a plan.

:twirly:

PerthChick 03-12-2009 07:20 PM

I had a wonderful day at the zoo - took 200 photos (and really like some of them) and walked around for four hours. Then last night I went to Phantom of the Opera - awesome!

Vonni when I sort through my pics I will try and post some, or put them somewhere you can see them.

Hey Barb I think that if you can get your head around weekends you will nail this. How many calories do you allow yourself, and what kind of meal plan are you following? Are you exercising at all? If you tell me these things I will offer you a challenge :D.

Julia it doesn't matter what you did yesterday, or for the last two weeks. You can't change that, so don't dwell on it. Think about this coming week and what you would like to achieve… and then make a plan to do it. The only reason to think about what you've already done is if you want to understand why, and then change it.

I met my goals yesterday and am proud of that. I only just made my food goal, but it's all good.

Today I don't have any concrete plans except for food shopping. I have a vague idea of tidying up the front yard, and I might spend a couple of hours doing that - but I'm not planning much. Maybe some domestics…

pacman12 03-12-2009 07:57 PM

Ani :hug: you sound just like my mum. I did get my perfectionism under control for a while, but it's raging away again now! I guess because I don't have many friends or things to do outside work, it makes it too easy to just focus on work and school. I am taking a lighter load next term though. Once I get my first masters (from Aus) done later this year, it will be much easier. Thanks for the advice - you're spot on. Just annoyed - I did call the doctor's office, and the nice lady doc I found has left that clinic! Bugger!

I also found a "natural health" clinic that treats symptoms of hypothyroid, even if the test results are normal. I look at this list, and literally have every symptom. I can't believe this isn't part of the issue : http://www.nhnaturalmedicine.com/hypothyroidism/

7senuf 03-13-2009 12:49 AM

Gen same.... my results were normal but on borderline. You would figure they could do something hey.

7senuf 03-13-2009 12:50 AM

The only thing on that list I dont have is frequent colds or sore throats and constipation.

LittleKiwi 03-13-2009 04:44 PM

Gen, I hope that the natural health clinic can help. It does seem amazing that you have every single symptom and the doctors can't do anything to help.

I was having friends over for pizza and a movie last night so went to the gym first and did 40 minutes cardio.

Found out some super cool news this morning. My baby cousin (not really, he's 25 ;)) has won Cleo bachelor of the year in Singapore! He's half Singaporean but grew up in NZ. He was on holiday last year and was spotted by a talent scout from one of Singapore's top modelling agencies and since then he's stayed in Singapore and is becoming really successful with modelling.

I'm so proud!! :D:D

7senuf 03-14-2009 02:52 AM

How cool Julia. A model for a cuzzie :)

guess what..... in Big W they have a universal gym station. The last 4 catalogues its been in i have wanted one and put my name down everytime and never got it (the figure staff can wait).. But the department manager got an extra one in for me the other day and put in on a no deposit layby. woohoo. so in 8 weeks i should have a home gym. how cool. dont know where the heck i am gonna put it but i am excited.

PerthChick 03-15-2009 08:05 PM

I'm changing my weigh-in day to Fridays. My roster at work has changed and I am now going to be working Sunday - Thursday every week and it makes sense to me to weigh-in at the end of my working week.

This week's goal is simple: I don't care if I only lose 100g, but I want to lose SOMETHING. So… nothing over 1650 calories/day, nothing less than 2L water/day and either 10,000 steps or two hours of physical activity every day.

I know now that I want it. I want to reach that day where I get up in the morning, jump on the scales and have that indescribable feeling - that they tell me I am under 70kg. I'm getting a little bit excited, and a little bit frustrated, because it still feels a long way off. And I am losing so slowly! But this is the first time I have known that I really, really want it.

…And the first time I have known that I am really, really going to make it happen!

barbegirl71 03-15-2009 08:34 PM

Good on you Ani. You really sound detirmined. You've come a long way and the end is just around the corner.

I've lost 600g from last weeks horror weigh in. And the gas man has just come and turned off my gas!!!

7senuf 03-15-2009 11:10 PM

Just had a thought and wondered where Kel was hiding, but then remembered she told me she is having 'serious issues' with her internet. "hurry back Kel"

I am getting excited. We are meeting up on Saturday and spending time on the beach with the kids. Should be fun. Hoping also to have a walk around the hill from Greenmount to rainbow bay. Thats if the little ones not to tired.

I dont expect a loss this week, George is visiting, nor next weeks weigh in either (weekend away lol). Though I am doing serious walking on Friday when we go to movie world. Can't wait. woo

Ani you are so close. i bet u are getting excited aout the big (or little) 70.

LittleKiwi 03-16-2009 03:01 AM

I've been wondering where Kel is too so thanks for the update Vonni! That's exciting that you're getting a home gym :D

I weighed in today and was horrified (but not surprised) to see 88.3kg register on the scale. The food diary is back out and I'm going to try REALLY hard not to snack between meals.

LittleKiwi 03-16-2009 03:43 PM

I'm pleased to be able to report that last night I did not snack at all after dinner!

:woohoo:

7senuf 03-16-2009 10:29 PM

:carrot: julia