3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Aussie Chicks 2009 (1) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/163747-aussie-chicks-2009-1-a.html)

PerthChick 03-17-2009 04:45 PM

Hopefully I am on track to lose some weight by Friday - I have now had four days in a row of meeting all my goals, and have been working pretty hard.

Today will be a challenge though. I'm going to a training course where they will feed us, and where we'll be sitting down all day. To make things even more interesting 'that woman' is coming with me :dizzy:.

I'm having a serious wardrobe crisis. I have hardly any clothes now, and most of them are starting to look loose on me. I am not exaggerating when I say I could fit my clothes into two suitcases - and if I threw out what is loose it would be down to a backpack. I can't afford to buy much, so I may have to go to the op shop on my days off and see what I can magic up.

Might have to go for a walk this afternoon. If I'm going to spend the day sitting on my bum I'm not going to get much exercise. Blurk! How did I ever spend my previous working life on a chair?

smylie 03-19-2009 02:33 AM

mama mia
here we go again
woo woo
da da da da da dum

hey hey
yep SERIOUS internet issues, my computer better learn to fly coz i want to throw it out the window

and i have been SERIOUSLY ashamed at my weight GAINS
i have put on everything i lost with my smarty pants no diet diet
which SERIOUSLY was working
but then i stopped thinking and caring and stuff
but i am back now
but still eating too much

i weighed in on sunday and was 99.2 which was cool coz that meant i had not put on but then i weighed myself on monday (official day for me) and well
it happened AGAIN
i was 100
could have cried
but didnt

in more FAB EXCITING NEWS i am meeting vonni on saturday!!!!!!!!
woo woo

jem was in hospital this morning with weird breathing and they explained this time with regards to viral infections that get down to her chest - and that works for me HEAPS better than her being astmatic woo woo again

i forgot and then couldnt afford my medication for a couple of weeks that led to a couple of meltdowns the monday and tuesday just gone but back on them now and also kicked myself in butt in regards to that and have just cleaned out half the pantry and the top of my cupboard and kept the lounge tidy for a good 2 or 3 days so am PROUD of that too

julia - please post photo of sexy cousin
ani - suggestions please on veges to plant nowish and how to stop ants (teeeeny tiny ones) eating my corn from the inside
gen - superwoman granny pants!!! i have some of those but SADLY enough they are TOO SMALL hehehehehe
barb - lets do this together if i can lose 30kg in 2 years i will be happy and that is "only" 15 kg in 12 months which is just over 1kg a month which is less than 500grams a week woo woo

woo woo
woo woo

how is lindor?
etc?
hehehe
sorry if you think you are etc

oh amy? how are you???? is the murder stuff all over? how is your sister
sorry that i cant go back and read all the pages i missed

LittleKiwi 03-19-2009 03:27 PM

Great to see you back Kel! You're not the only one struggling at the moment, I have lost all focus and have been eating everything in my path!

I've only been to the gym once this week and that was on Monday. Tuesday I had to go and mow mum's lawns instead, Wednesday I had a seminar after work and last night I had an appointment.

The seminar was a 4 course meal too plus canapes beforehand and I couldn't stop eating!

Not helping things is the fact that on Sunday morning I depart for a week in Fiji on a work trip and that = hosted breakfast, lunch and dinner every day with lots of lovely food to tempt me and little chance for any exercise.

Will post again when I'm back.

:twirly:

PerthChick 03-19-2009 06:22 PM

Kel it's great to see you back - we missed you.

Try spraying those ants with Pyrethrum or a product called Natrasoap. They are both safe for vegetables (you can't eat what you spray for a couple of days) but they are a lot less toxic than most things on the market.

As for what to plant, think green and think roots: so onion, beetroot, spinach, brocolli, cauliflower, beans, peas, cabbage… and as many herbs as you want. There are other things too - but it isn't the best time to plant ones that will flower/fruit (such as tomatoes etc).

Julia have a safe and wonderful trip. It's a pity that you have lost focus on yourself, but that will come back.

I weighed in this morning: 70.8kg :carrot:. That's another kilo gone, and takes me very close to *that* milestone.

On my virtual walk across Australia I only have about 200km to go before I cross the border into South Australia - of course that means I have the looooooong trek across the Nullarbor :dizzy:, but I'll get there!

It's my days off work today and tomorrow, and I'm going to potter in the garden and clean the house today. Tomorrow I am helping a friend paint her bathroom or kitchen, and clean up some of her back yard after the builders have been there for six months renovating.

This week's goals are simple, and the same as always: eat less than 1650 calories, drink more than 2L of water, and move as much as possible.

Being so close to the 70kg milestone makes me really aware that every decision I make EVERY day will either bring me closer, or move me further away - it's all up to me!

pacman12 03-19-2009 06:52 PM

I've got big rolls of back fat that I've never had before. Pretty!

In good news, the weather is finally brightening up and getting sunny, which makes me want to get out and walk.

smylie 03-19-2009 10:37 PM

:carrot::carrot::carrot:ani a kilo down - woo woo :carrot:
julia - have a good time - fiji NICE
gen - isnt it great to have somewhere you can talk about back fat?

today i got asked if i was losing weight!! woo but i said no, i am just wearing clothes that fit me.... i went shopping last night and bought some pants that actually fit and some longer tops (you will see on saturday vonni) and i know they look good but it is sad to be looking sexy in size 18/20 (and bigger in some things) but that was my wakeup call
that and the fitting room mirrors

so who wants to sponsor me? by monday i will have worked out a charity i want to raise money for and then i am going to put my dignity etc on the line and send an email to everyone i know asking for sponsorship
by the end of april i want to have lost 5kg

i am unsure if i should get money per kilo or money if i reach my goal
either way it will push me that bit harder and keep me more committed
i know i can do it

exercise and water will make it happen

amouse 03-20-2009 04:04 AM

im here guys just annoyed.. plateau crap as usual im losing and gaining back the same 2-3 kilos over and over again .. atm im 111.7 but next week i bet im over 112 again... lol.. maybe not but we will see ..

im sick of all drama and i had John home all of last week hence my disapearance.. my plan this week is to ignore the world and just enjoy my kids.. and my hobbies .. havent been to swimming/aqua or sang in weeks .. time to get back to doing me things.. hmm might start wth a few songs lol and go from there ...

i promise to catch up on your posts tommorrow .. just thought id let you know im still alive :) .... oh and my sister is now in this state... yippee yi yo.. lmao ...

PerthChick 03-20-2009 06:49 PM

Amy I understand exactly what you mean. I spent almost six months bouncing between 75 - 72kg. My scales became a trampoline, and I was getting more and more frustrated with myself - I had found my own personal Bermuda Triangle (which is very common when losing weight).

I'd become tired/bored/fed up with having to watch everything I ate - and just wanted it to be all over. And then it occurred to me that it will never be over, because for as long as I live I will need to eat - and my body will need to decide what to do with every meal I give it - to use it or store it.

And I realised that I haven't yet learned enough to trust myself to go out into the world of maintenance, because I still hang on to some bad habits.

So I changed my program. I decided to take the focus off the numbers on the scales for a while, and set myself some different goals. I went out and bought a packet of gold stars and a calendar (this might sound like Weight Loss for Dags but I don't care - it's working).

Every day now I set myself the goal of earning FIVE gold stars - two for eating less than 1650 calories, two for drinking 2L of water, and one for walking 10,000 steps or doing two hours of physical work (eg gardening or similar). If I achieve more than 80% of that goal in a week I am likely to see a loss on the scale AND I earn a reward. So that means I am working to earn 28 gold stars or more every week.

What it has achieved is to take the focus OFF the scale and put it firmly on my behaviour.

It also means that by looking at the calendar, which is on the fridge, I can see a pattern emerging and identify my danger times and triggers.

Don't give up Amy - you have come SO far, and made such huge changes to your life. Being smaller, stronger and fitter is really worth the hard work.

pacman12 03-21-2009 10:04 PM

I just weighed myself. It was not pretty. I'm back in. Got to decide whether to do WW online or meetings, and quit eating pizza for lunch with the boys. I am sick of abusing my poor body.

smylie 03-22-2009 03:48 AM

woohoo
i got to meet vonni and her beautiful family!!!
had an awesome relaxing chicken and salad lunch over looking the water down the coast.

i am sponsoring myself to lose weight
i am donating $5 for every kilo i lose to the nursing home that i used to take jemima to for baby thearpy, i am going to give the money to the "leisure cooridinator" i think she was called so that hopefully they can do something special at xmas time or buy some musicial instruments or hire some entertainers to come in or something special like that
if i lose 30 kg i know that is only $150 but i think to them it will be a lot of money

PerthChick 03-22-2009 04:55 PM

Yay Gen - have you decided on a plan yet? Is it possible for you to find a weight loss buddy over there, or to join in with a small group? You were doing really well before when you were meeting up with people and sharing a personal trainer - maybe you need a competitive environment or something :D.

Kel I'm glad you enjoyed meeting Vonni - can't see how you wouldn't because I think she would be awesome to know.

All is good here. I've woken up grumpy, am low on food and money until pay day, and am SO not in the mood to pay attention to weight loss. But these are the very times it is most important - when I am least motivated. I'm not accepting excuses from myself!

smylie 03-22-2009 05:22 PM

lack of food makes it so hard... i always end up eating noodles......

101.5kg
a new record for me

going for a walk now

gen if you can get to meetings i think you should do that

pacman12 03-22-2009 06:21 PM

OK started tracking my food with sparkpeople.com - it's a start. Did pretty well (so far) today. Have had:

1135 calories (not had dinner yet)
~ 1.5L water
Exercise: 120 cals

I walked for 15 mins (oh gee!) before the shin pain made me stop. You wouldn't believe how hilly it is here (and how unfit I have gotten) - my HR hit 180 after about ONE MINUTE of WALKING up the hill outside my house. Went to the cemetery behind the house to meander around the trails. Shin pain was killing me - I know I used to get it from lack of use and it took about 25 mins to warm up and go away.. just couldn't take it for that long due to severity. Couldn't walk on the grass as I didn't want to step on someone's grandma! I would like to head back to the gym and elliptical, but I'm such a lump of lard that I would be mortified. Maybe I'll get another treadmill, that helped me a LOT last time..

Anyhow, it's ONE good day (so far) after about 500 bad ones (or no-effort ones). I am going to go to the information session about lapband this week. I feel like it's acknowledging failure, that other people can do this without surgery so why am I so weak... but I don't want to be up and down on the diet yo yo for the rest of my life, and I truly think I will be.

7senuf 03-22-2009 09:11 PM

Hi Guys, my internet not working so I am at my daughters. Meeting kel and jemima was awesome. will post a pic when my internet back on. She not only met me she met my extended family lol.

Have briefed through everyones posts but will say more when i have more time. Daughters boyfriend breathing down back of my neck so he can get back on to whatever he was doing before I turned up. haha.

Take it easy.

amouse 03-23-2009 05:25 AM

OK THAT IS IT....

We all need to get serious about losing this lard... i want to challenege each of you to a minimum of a 60 minutes of walking this week ...

Split it up however you like.. but 60 minutes is the minimum..
you could do 10 minutes 6 days this week ... 20 minutes 3 times ... its up to you...

But if we are gonna change and get out this circle of self abuse we need to do something good for us..

I dont want excuses and i dont care how busy you are... make time to do something good for yourself... ...

Each week i think we should have a shared goal... and since the scale is moving in the wrong direction or not moving at all.. for all of us then lets get together and break this together..

No more self hate no more food abuse.. no more excuses lets just do it..

Each monday i want us to have a new shared goal for the week ..