3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Aussie Chicks 2009 (1) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/163747-aussie-chicks-2009-1-a.html)

Lindor 02-10-2009 04:02 PM

I shopped yesterday (forgot my list on Monday :lol: ) and only bought what was on my list...which wasn't much and wasn't urgent, but I want to get into the regular shopping routine so went anyway! I hate shopping!

I'm not counting calories just yet, but analysising where I am at so I can work out where I can cut back. I need to know when I eat because I am hungry and went I eat because I am bored and what other reasons I eat for (yup back to basics!).

It continues to rain here, so no walks. And I have been feeling quite tired after work lately...my sleeping has been kinda restless since Mum went and I have come to realise I live in a city and that has unnerved me for some reason? I guess half my life living in a small country town had given me some sense of security and safety that I didn't really realise until now. I'll get over it I am sure!

I have been pottering about in the garden or tending to the pool/spa most evenings, so at least I am not shutting myself up inside after work like I was back 'home'!

All in all though, I am still happy about this move I made! No regrets!

Vonni...good news about your tests, but how annoying that you have to be closely monitored still! I know with my boob lump, it was the fact that it was there and that it was not normal for me that messed with my head! At least your doc is planning ahead though to make surgery easier.

Alright, must move! Have a good day all!

LittleKiwi 02-10-2009 06:27 PM

Vonni what a relief that it's not cancer. What a pain though that you still don't really have a diagnosis! Sounds like your doctor is pretty onto it though and keeping a close eye on it which is good.

This flat-hunting business is painful let me tell you. Found a PERFECT place yesterday and went to apply for it this morning. I was half way through filling in the forms and the realtor found out that it had just been taken. GUTTED! :tantrum:

So we're now applying for our second choice which isn't as nice and modern but is perfectly okay. Fingers crossed that someone else isn't going to nab this one too! Also need to try and convince them to let us have a cat as my friend has a kitty that we really don't want to have to re-home.

Made it to the gym last night and did 50 minutes of cardio which was good. My trainer has postponed tonight's session so I'll have today off as a rest day and get back into it tomorrow.

Diet all good apart from scoffing 2 potato top savouries for morning tea today :nono:

:twirly:

smylie 02-11-2009 05:15 AM

woo woo woo julia - action ex boyfriends - is there more??

vonni - omigosh you have so much going on - am glad it is not cancer and am glad you are going to the doctor about it all

jemima been full on today as soon as she is in bed i have so much to do - but i am so drained from her i dont know how i'll do it but i am working all day tomorrow firstly at woolies and then at opshop and then i have hogsbreath dinner for inlaws bdays (there are 4 bdays this week in benji's family) (then jem next week) so i am exhausted and i have to start on jemima's birthday morning tea stuff party stuff stuff stuff stuff

7senuf 02-11-2009 05:28 AM

Julia what is a potato top savoury?

Yummo Kel Hogs Breath is my favourite restaurant of all time. They have lite cuts of the steak now. And the chicken is yummo. I like that their veges are still crisp and flavoursome without the need for added fats. I usually skip the fries or onl have half a dozen. But lately we been gettin the dreg ends of the tails lol. grrrr.

Lindor you have a POOL?????? Lucky you. You can have fun exercise. :p

LittleKiwi 02-11-2009 03:47 PM

Ha Ha Kel, my ex lives in Dunedin and I wouldn't get back with him but it was a nice treat to get some action and some cuddles! Seriously, it had been over a year so it was something of a relief :lol:

Vonni a potato top savoury is a mini mince pie with potato on top rather than pastry. Pastry, mince and potato = not good for the waistline!

It's raining here today and is apparently the same all over the country which is good because it's been dry as here and watching the news about Victoria certainly makes you scared that it could happen here too. It's absolutely heartbreaking to see what's happening over there, I had to turn the news off the other night because it was just too hard to watch.

On the news here since the fires started, the first 10 - 15 minutes of the news has been totally dedicated to covering the situation in Victoria. All of us Kiwis are thinking of our Aussie friends at the moment.

I'm feeling very piggy this morning :ink: went out for breaky with work and I had 2 eggs and bacon on a crumpet, a trim mocha and an orange juice. Far more than I would usually have for breakfast!

Gym tonight with my trainer so that'll be good.

Hope everyone's well :D

Lindor 02-11-2009 04:03 PM

"Pool" is nowhere near big enough for exercising in! It was described as a pool/spa when I bought this house. I'd say more a spa...but it is a big(gish) spa and it is maintained as if it was a pool - which I didn't think was the case with spas??

It was soooo not the reason I bought the house! I have no idea how to maintain a pool!

And I have not accepted my body enough to feel comfortable sitting in the garden spa!

PerthChick 02-11-2009 05:25 PM

Hmmm… I bought some decent digital kitchen scales two days ago. Now that I am weighing my food and being accurate with my calorie counting I realise one of the main reasons I can't lose weight :o.

It's because I can't bloody COUNT :lol:

It's so much easier to count calories when you buy processed food and you can read the numbers on the side of the box, but most of my food comes from the perimeter of the supermarket - and the fruit and vege shop and butcher.

So here I go again! But from now on I will have a much better idea of what I am actually doing, and this is going to be fun.

Lindor I wouldn't care what size it was - the pool, that is. Yesterday it was 40ºC here, and I was even eyeing off my small fish pond at one point - wondering if the fish would be really offended if I jumped in :D. I wouldn't, but I was jealous of those fish yesterday.

Vonni I am relieved!

Right! Off I go to make this week's shopping list and go shopping.

LittleKiwi 02-11-2009 07:29 PM

Ooooh yay, pink drinks all round :hat::hat::hat:

I've found a new place to live! It's not far from town, 2 bedroom townhouse which is pretty modern, has a nice kitchen with dishwasher, big lounge, nearly new carpet throughout and a nice deck area and small garden. It's only $15 per week more than what I pay now and I'm really happy with it.

Get to move in on 6 March.

Woo! :cb::cb:

7senuf 02-11-2009 08:03 PM

hey good stuff Julia b out the place to live. Now about them savouries.... we just call em a potato pie. But then you guys can't speak english anyway :p When u guys order take out you'll say I'll have s e x serves of fesh and chups :p No seriously, potato topped savoury sounds so much nicer than PIE.

Hey Kel, I'm goin to Gold Coast at end of March, we should try and catch up. We staying in Ocean Plaza Resort at Coolangatta for 3 nights. Thought it might be nice to take Jem and Eb to beach and have a nice lunch.... Just a thought. I s'pose I'll have to run it past Matt, but u run it by Benji to. Anyhows let me know. Its the 19th - 21st, but i think the 20th we doin the Movie World run, but then other days just chillin.

Ani, I'm sure the fish woulda moved over for you to jump in, mind you they would've had a good nibble on yr toes lol. I can just see u looking at pond contemplating it.

amouse 02-12-2009 04:51 AM

Julia im glad you found a nice place that is great ..

Vonni im very glad you dont have the big C .. but its not nice not having a clear answer as to what next.

Lindor since your not keen on your spa/ pool... i would gladly take it off your hands..... lol... nah really i bet you grow to love it.. got to a pool shop and tell them your new to it and im sure they will come up with the easiet mantaince for it.. My parents have apool.. and they are easy once you know what your doing.

Ani i hope the scales help... you wiggle a few pesky pounds off.. ... im really wishing you had jump in the fish pond now.... lol..

Well today has been an interesting Day. John flew of this am.. so i went to aqua .. as usual.. but i grabbed hold of the bigger meaner weights in the class.. and both my arms hurt from shoulder to wrist.. they are really achy.. lol..

i tryed to do laps after but my new bathers are too big around the boob .. and all i ended up with was nipple chafe so bad it has hurt all day and that was only 2 laps... musta pissed them off in the aqua class.. .. bloody bathers for them to get passed my ***.. they end up too big up top... these were a joke.. fine out of the pool... but in the pool.. im suprised my boobs didnt come out the top.. since they are a v shaped ... very annoying.. waste of money.

my wedding rings have been falling off which is strange since when we got married. nearly 9 years ago . i was about 15 kilos lighter then i am now.. lol
but anyway they have kept galling off and i took them in to be resized ... 2 sizes smaller.. and i also got the to weld them together.. which has made them alot prettier .. they used to alway move out of alignment and i would end up fiddling with them half the day.. lol.. im very happy with it now.. putting them together is like saying you cant seperate us.. :) .

anyway.. food has been a bit smash and grab today not the best choices but havent gone over cals.. so thats the main thing...

I woke at 4 am this am.. and john got up not long after .. we talked and i made him a coffee and at 5 he left.. i have been awake since 4 am.. so cooking tea tonight just wasn't gonna happen.. so instead the kids had tinned spagetti i had some ham.. then some tuna. and some bread... lol no butter no nothing couldnt be bothered... lol..

oh well im gonna go to bed... lol.. night all .

7senuf 02-12-2009 06:27 AM

Me Today
Breakfast = a cup of strawberry fields low fat yoghurt with 1/4 cup toasted fruit muesli. (who said they had that way back???? I decided to try it)
Lunch = cream of chicken cup of soup and 2 slices of bread (didnt drink all of soup, once breadruns out I lose interest)
Dinner = heart smart lamb casserole and a slice of bread
a handful of lollies for a snack and 4 coffees and 2 teas
Hmmmm only 2 glasses water today :(

Havent calorie counted it.

Amy how yuk to get up at 4 and stay up. I bet yr really tired now. Hope you sleep well tonight. Have you tried racer back swimmers? I find they r the best fit, however my back fat pokes out... bleerrrrrk I hate back fat.

Gotta run. Going to my bros tomorrow for weekend (yes the one i hadnt seen in over 10 yrs) So gotta get some shut eye. At least its only and hour and half drive.

Vonni

LittleKiwi 02-12-2009 02:38 PM

I ended up having a good day diet wise yesterday and had a great session at the gym - 20 minute run, 20 minute cycle and 30 minutes weights circuit with my trainer.

I'm really unenthused about the gym at the moment so am really having to push myself to go.

amouse 02-12-2009 08:20 PM

ok friday is my offical weigh in day i have lost 900 grams this week .. :)
went from 113.4 to 112.5

im very happy with that..

got a kids birthday party on the weekend which will be fun.. since both my kids have been invited.. and it's at an indoor play cafe.. Which m,eans all us parents will not see our kids for about 2 hours unless they are eating.. then they will be gone again.... PERFECT!!.

Thanks Vonni .. on the sleep front i think i was over tired last night i was awake till 1.30 am this and unable to goto sleep.. lol got up at 7.30 this morning though so not too bad i suppose..

The bathers were a 2 piece with a nice long top piece normal bathers seem to be alot better in the pool for me.. i buy ones that are a big bloick across my back.. i hate my fat sticking out so onbly buy the ones where the back is as high as the front.. i bought 2 other pairs at the same time becuase they were so cheap.. i will just have to donate the big ones to the salvos.. i think ..

hope you have fun at your broithers vonni. :)

Julia.. would you consider something else for a change like a sport of some kind eg netball or something or even swimming.. ??? i change it up alot.. i do swimming and aqua whih i love.. then i walk alot.. use the elliptical.. wiifit.. wii sport .. trampolining.. i hate monoteny

Forgot to ask anyone else having trouble with the site.. i cant get the thread tools or search or any of that stuff to work ???

amouse 02-13-2009 03:57 PM

We we had an interesting afternoon.. some little prick started a fire in the gully and fields a couple of streets behind my house.. it was really quite scary the houses on the other side of the gully had the flame come right up to there fences.. the fire trucks couldnt get down to fight it so they brought in firbombers to put it out so they could get through... i coukld see the smoke at about 2.45 and it didnt go out till 5 last night.. we went over the field to see last night and a police men said the flames had been 10 ft high and the didnt think they were gonna get controll of it .

http://i40.tinypic.com/eupq4h.jpg.

there was so much wind yesterday too it just spread really fast .. the kids loved watchign the plane come in and dump the water..

My feet are still sore this morning though lol.. i had walked to the shops then to get Cameron from school.. and from there we walked to the gully to see wht was going on.. ... i spent about 4 hours walking in my old croc shoes.. that have hardly any sole left in them.. lol ..

but hey i slept well last night.. :)

smylie 02-13-2009 04:44 PM

people who start fires - i just dont get it

vonni - march 21 we are babysitting the neighbours baby at night but other than that those days sound awesome and i'd love to catch up we could even make it brunch so that you get to sleep in, dodge the heat of the day and still get to do stuff for the rest of the day with your clan

ani - portion sizes with veges, do you think it matters?? on weight watchers they are "point free" so on my non diet (coz i'm not counting anything i'm just listening to my body) i have not really been worried if i "over do it" when it comes to veges, fruit i realise has a lot of natural sugars which i should keep in check but i've never been sure about veges, i understand the "starchy" ones should be in moderation but the rest??

i am going to quit my job today
we cant really afford for me to
but i HATE the rush to work on a monday and a friday and HATE the fact i have lost my thursday (jem daycare day) to woolies and my whole saturdays usually too (9-2 but usually asked to stay longer) which has meant i had to take my name off the opshop roster which is something i really enjoyed doing

so i will have to just try and make tupperware make me more money and i was also thinking about designing invitations for people maybe not sure oh and working at woolies has taught me that you can have a trolley for $150 and the same size trolley for $340 so you just gotta be clever

on thursday morning i had lost 200grams and i dont expect anything too much more exciting than that on monday ESPECIALLY since benji served icecream and whipped cream and strawberries dipped in choc for dinner last night and i had hogsbreath (light cut but i couldnt resist the curly fries and a fruit tingle drink) and on sunday is jemima's party i doubt i'll over eat but i wont eat properly - we are offering sasauges and bread for lunch so on weight watchers i think that would be about 10 points heheheheheheheheh the adults dont get a party bag they get to take home fat fat fat hehehehe

will post heaps of photos of jems party coz it will be cool, i'll be bumble bee, jem a ladybug and i have talked benji into being a FLAMINGO hehehehehe, it is a garden party where you gotta dress up and something you could find in the garden! and we have the typical dero aussie garden that has the 2 plastic flamingos hehehehehehehehehe i have bought him a pink hula skirt, a set of big pink fairy wings, 2 pink feather boas and a pink feathery thing for his hair and i will find my pink bonds shirt for him.... he's such a good sport it was that or him wear a pair of little shorts and be the pool boy!