Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 10:28 PM   #211  

No, Shad, Carla has not disappeared in a mountain of snow and ice, just too busy overeating and overdrinking and working and cursing her fried modem. New modem arrives tomorrow, so maybe I'll soon be getting more than 30 min internet per day! All attempts at new year's resolutions have failed abysmally, situation dire, clothes all at bursting point. Getting perilously close to a farewell to onederland. I blame this vile trend on my discovery of rugelach while in New York, but no one is buying my story. Hoping that the mighty Obama will fix my problems with inertia/gluttony before attacking the rest of the world's problems...
Will post this shorty before the internet clicks out again. Grrr... Will try to post properly next week while in very slightly less chilly Victoria.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:57 AM   #212  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Oh calling all worldly chickies.......we need to intervene on Carla's behalf....send in the positive vibes to better eating habits. Carla, stop, save yourself, spring and summer are aound our corner. Many hugs!!

Today is another balmy day of shorts and flip flops, high 45 today. Let's not look too far past today, however, yikes....tomorrow's high is back to 22. Night lows in the teens. Come on spring and summer....

Good morning to all the worldlies...drinking my pumpkin spice, non-fat, latte with NO whip cream and loving it that it is FRIDAY!!

Tonight I am going to a Silpada Jewelry party at WineStyles. WineStyles is a quaint wine store with a few tables, they serve "samples of fine wine", cheese, grapes, etc. One of my GFs is the Silpada rep and I am going to help her with the party. It gets me a free piece of jewelry. There will also be a gold/silver rep buying any you don't want. I brought several pieces to unload....like my and ex's gold wedding bands, stuff like that. Gold necklaces/bracelets the ex bought me....I realized last night that is the only thing I had left of my marriage to the pr*ck. Why not make some money off of him...haha.

Tomorrow is movie and dinner with a GF from last job. We are hoping to see that Doggie Hotel movie. This is still up in the air as she may have a date and unable to go. Just as well, if not, I need to clean house.

Sunday, my man is coming over, and he best not blow it this time. We did have that talk about things, we will see how it goes. Thanks Shad, Michelle, Happy, Ceejay for all your great suggestions in "our" <---that is the worldlies, cause we are ALL in this relationship together...hehe

Anyway I will try to get back this weekend or maybe later today.

Much love and Many Hugs,
Old 01-23-2009, 08:00 AM   #213  
Annie - Indiana

Oh and MEL.....you are in this relationship too, thank you a bunch for your support too....hope your eyes are doing better today. Loves and Hugs
Old 01-23-2009, 08:06 AM   #214  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

I'm going to have to try an get in to see my doctor today - what an impossibility. This new antibiotic is tearing up my stomach something fierce. I came home last night with severe pains which subsided but returned around 3am. Also very nauseated. What a mess, I am so ready to be done with it.

Yesterday and today are supposed to be very nice weather wise. In the 60's today. Still warmer than it should be but it feels nice. The trees are budding. Dangerous tho because if we get a frost snap it can mess up the trees like it did my Japanese Maple 2 years ago.

The cat is loving it though and it appears that Mr. Feral has gone and found himself another home he likes better. I thought for sure we'd see him during the cold snap but he hasn't been around for quite a while. He showed up one day out of the blue, took a few hour nap, nibbled just a bit at food and appeared to be sturdy and healthy so I'm not sure what happened there. I told DH I can accept if he's moved on, I'm just glad to know he is ok rather than thinking he disappeared because he's dead.

As of this morning, DH still has a job - thanks for the good thoughts and prayers you sent. The rumoured layoffs did not occur but in today's time you still never know...

Carla - good to hear from you. Put that food out of sight and get on the wagon with us! I know spring is a long way off up your way but hopefully the winter hungries will abade soon. double for your son!

Annie - sorry about your DD. However, I give her alot of credit for having a plan B.

It just astounds me Shad that world wide financials seem to all be imploding. It seems that karma is kicking butt on the unabashed greed that has ruled the last 2 decades. Things are going to **** in a handbasket quickly and we are the ones suffering for it. Uncluttered can be a clean, fresh look however there is a fine line between uncluttered and too sterile

Michelle - well I won't say I never had the pants wetting kind of cough - still the reason I keep those pads around long after I'm done with the primary need for them I know what you mean about the peanut butter. Someone posted a link of affected products I think perhaps on 3FC. None of the things I occasionally use - Ritz crackers w/ PNB & PNB Fiber One bars seem to be affected. Sure is getting scary with all these food / health scares, isn't it?

Ceejay - hope the doctor gave you something for your annoying cough. Maybe we all ought to just crawl in a steam room until this passes

How you feeling today Miss Mel? Hope them peepers are feeling better.

I am really missing my coffee this morning - better put a pot on for DH and go make myself some tea. Have a good Friday, the weekend is almost here.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:50 AM   #215  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

i am taking some time off the pc...maybe just this weekend....and see if the eyes improve. they are very blurry today. will chat soon. sending hugs to those that need them. have a great weekend. mjine will be with jen and richie. dvd's and take out!!
happy friday

Last edited by MELODY525; 01-23-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:44 AM   #216  
Annie - Indiana

ahhhh, MEL, hope all gets better.....
Old 01-23-2009, 04:02 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

The house is clean. I'm heading out the door in a few minutes to go see the aunt and uncle. All of a sudden I had a bit of cabin fever and was feeling a bit better yesterday. Today my sinuses are congested and I'm still coughing.

Called and cancelled three online weight support sights. Why do I sign up for these in the first place? I have the best web sight.

Happy
As a matter of fact I've been using a humidifier. It helps me sleep at night.
I'm liking the Mucinex.

Annie
What a a good idea to sell the gold!

Mel
hugs to you. Can't blame you for staying off the computer. Rest those eyes.

Carla
Stay away from to much food.

Shad and Michelle Hello

I'm out the door.

Last edited by ceejay52; 01-23-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:01 AM   #218  
Annie - Indiana

Ceejay....if you are just feeling a "bit" better, you should still stay home till you feel "all" better.

I made $236.00 off the jewelry from the ex last night...hahaha. Only to pay more bills, but does give relief.

Not going to movies today, instead taking mom to the store to get yarn, she is ready to make another afghan. Bless her heart.

Hi all the sweet chickies...

Love and hugs.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:35 PM   #219  

Hello Ladies,

Annie - $236 is not bad for jewlery just laying around in a jewlery box.

Ceejay - I'm with Annie, stay home until you feel better. No need for a relapse.

Happy - hope you were able to see your doctor. Antibotics can cause havoc on your system. Good news about hubby.

Shad - glad you go the rains you needed and all tanks are full. I don't even want to look at my investment accounts. If they ever come up, i'm cashing out and burying it in the backyard.

Mitchellez - I also heard that some peanut butter treats for dogs are on that list. Might want to check if you give your babies them.

Work was pretty hetic this week... it always is.. so right now i'm laying on bed, watching tv and surfing the internet..

Hope all are having a good weekend.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:39 PM   #220  
Choose your hard

Well I can't say good morning anymore because it has rolled into the afternoon. I had a bad night - lots of coughing waking me up all night long. It's worse than coughing as it's the dry, choking tickle that is not productive - just bloody annoying. So I'm in slow motion today. It turned cold again so it's a good day to stay inside and clean.

Annie - that's a nice chunk of cash for something you didn't really want hanging around anyway I always wondered, do you think they give you a fair rate for the stuff? I'm sure you're just happy to be rid of it and have the cash in hand. They show commercials on TV for selling your old gold - makes it seem like you're getting a big deal. Always reminded me of some punk kid seeing that and sending in Mommy and Daddy's jewelry when they were out working Have fun with your Mom - maybe she will make you something cute!

Enjoy your day out Ceejay - even though it's cold, the sunshine will do you good

Will have to ask Mel next week what movies she was watching.

Did it dry up by you yet Shad?

I see you are in for another cold frigid blast Michelle - stay inside and be warm!

Ok, I have wasted way too much time in front of the computer. Time to warm up some soup and get busy around the house.

Have a good Saturday ladies.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:40 PM   #221  
Choose your hard

Hi Patty - missed your post while I was dawdling here
Old 01-24-2009, 04:44 PM   #222  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Saturday/Sunday ladies --

Just a quick check in for me as I have spent all morning/afternoon on the computer doing website work, and I'm exhausted, famished and tired of looking at a computer. I'll try and check in tomorrow and catch up with all of you wonderful wordlies!

Love and hugs,
Old 01-24-2009, 05:50 PM   #223  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Well I am on my second change of clothes and it is not yet 8.30am. We have brilliant sunshine, rain showers and a humidity factor over 80%. You only have to move to sweat, and the movement could be a knuckle movement in your little finger or toe.

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. It just got away from me I guess. I was super busy with housework, painting, gardening and plastering. I just plumb forgot. But then I am getting well on in this life.

We have a long weekend this weekend. Australia Day is on Monday 26th. Dosn't mean much to me since I have been having a holiday for a month now. I've decided it is the worst time of the year to have a holiday here. I should get myself out of work in July. Anyway, there will be fireworks and singing and dancing in the streets tomorrow. If you have any Aussies living near you, you might get to see the same over there.

Carla - sorry to hear you have a fried modem. Didn't you get a new one just a short while back? If we were closer, I would give you one of my spares. Get your head out of the fridge and start eating sensibly, although I have to say you are not the only one who has gained recently. Don't have to look far from here to see another sob story.

Annie - what I would have given to be a fly on the wall when you had your discussion with THE MAN. I do hope you took back the ultimatum and explained your reasons succintly.

Happy - glad to hear the DH still has his job. It's a tough world out there, but I know he is bright enough to go find a new job should it become necessary. I hope this dose of antibiotics does the job and makes you better. We have had enough sickness on this thread recently. I'm trying for the uncluttered look. I am hangin pictures as I go but I am not putting in so much shelving that I can display lots of things. There are a few things I have that I really like and they will stay around. I'm considering getting rid of the rest. I want to put a floor down in the ceiling space soon and bring back the boxes of stuff from the shed. It's costing me too much money to keep it there. I do have some flooring up there but not enough for all the boxes.
It'll come.

Mel - I hope you are not watching too many dvd's. Those peepers need rest. I know that I have used mine too much over the past few weeks and the dryness and pain is not pretty. Hence the visit to the eye man last week only to find nothing wrong.

Hiya Ceejay - enjoy the visit with the folks.

Annie - good idea to get rid of the 'junk' gold - especially if you know you will not wear them again. $236.00 is not to be sneezed at. I'm thinking of some of my old stuff and wondering whether I should use it to set some of the gems I have found while fossicking.

Patty - I've thought lots about burying the cash, but with my luck, I might forget where I buried it.

Michelle - don't work to hard. Ensure you get some rest this weekend. All work is not good for us remember.

Hope I haven't forgotten anyone, but I am off to get dressed again and go to the shops to get some things for lunch and dinner. There is little in the cupboard at the moment. I don't feel inclined to stock up the pantry either. Aaah will this sweating ever stop. I'm only standing here typing for goodness sake and I have to protect the laptop to stop the sweat dripping into it's dear little insides.

See ya
Old 01-24-2009, 06:05 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

On my drive to the uncles yesterday the engine light came on in the Rav4. I took it this morning to get the oil changed and have it checked out. The good news is that it is not anything major. It's a possibility of 4 minor things. Yeah for that.

Happy
The sun is very decieveing when you are on the inside. That cold North wind cuts right through you. It did me good just to get out of the house.
The Musinex seem to be working at the moment. Hope you feel better soon.

Shad
Maybe you should bottle up some of the sunshine and send it our way. Stay cool.

Annie
It was good that you got that much for your old gold. I'd feel like celebrating.

Michelle
Sorry you had to work most of the day. Can you take a day off later in the week?

Patty, carla, madcat, and ruth hello

Last edited by ceejay52; 01-24-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:30 PM   #225  
Annie - Indiana

What a day with mom. God Love Her. They didn't have any working drive wheelchairs for her to drive/ride. Only a wheelchair with no foot rests. OMG. She had to hold her feet up the entire time, would not cut the trip short because of it, and remember she is almost 300 lbs, it was a small wheelchair she WEDGED herself into. We were there almost 3 hours. She got yarn, birthday cards, sugarfree candy, lettuce (??) got me on that one, 2 sweatshirts cause she is cold, and 10 pairs of panties. I had to wheel her around the entire time, couldn't stop for long cause the left wheel would go flat, then I couldn't get her moving again. Sheesh, glad Samantha went with us, she was a big help. Like to never got her back out of the too small wheelchair or "UNWEDGED". Got her home, unloaded her and her treasures, came home and am totally exhausted now. I have decided that I can no longer take her by myself anymore. It requires two people. However, it made her so happy that she got to go shopping, cause, "your dad never takes me, and he always gets the wrong things when I send him". She was also exhausted as she has a weak heart, but it made her so d*mn happy, I got teary eyed on the way home thinking how happy it made her. Making memories, we are...

Am going to bed to read, relax, and hopefully sleep.

Love and hugs to all
Closed Thread