Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 06:44 AM   #91  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Hi guys. Never rains but pours with me and my family. Have 2 days to finalise assignments before I go on clinical next week (or not allowed to go till February) but it didn't get done. Ebony had another siezure today. We were playing this morning blowing bubbles and jumping on tramp etc... When I was finishing dishes and getting ready for her nap she just started staring off into space then went a bit wobbly then fell down. I picked her up and she was hot and wouldn't acknowledge me and her pupils were dilating then pinpointing so I put her in lounge room to get panadol and thermometer then was going to take her to Dr. Heard a thump and went back in she was fitting. poor little thing. I rang 000 as I couldnt very well drive with her like that and they came and we went off to hospital. Lucky she was still out of it as she freaks at emergency vehicles. We were there for 3 hours then came home. She's fast asleep now. Her temp had suddenly gone from normal (for her it's 35.5) to 39.4 with no warning nothing which is why she had convulsion. Lucky I had noticed her being weird and moved her off hard floor. I had a feeling she was going to as I have seen my nephew have epileptic siezures plenty and recognise the 'gaze'. Anyhow, she was pretty dazed and confused for some time after and had to wait for her temp to come down before bringing her home. Funny, cause she isn't sick in any way shape or form for her to get the temp.

Barb great to see you back here. I lack motivation, have put on more weight . Have so far lost zero zilch nothing according to my start weight last Feb. But I soldier on and come in anyway for the great company and I do get spurts of motivation. Please stay.

Mammy yeah it was hot here in sunny QLD to. think we might have storms by end of week. So getting out the kero lamp (our power supply in this town seems to die at the slightest hint of a storm).

Ani I feel for you and yr roster. Can't they do it with consistency? Like a rotating monthly thing? Have sll same shifts for a month then swap them? Or are other people to hard to accomodate?

Kel good luck with yr group interview. I have done night fill at my work (big W) and love it. Kylies right.... most night fill managers are pretty cool.

Ok I gotta get of 3FC and get onto some medical website for my ***. Catch u all later xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Vonni
Old 10-27-2008, 09:21 AM   #92  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

oh vonni!!! you are so brave! i would freak out big time i think if jem was like that - or does that supermum thing happen where you just do what you have to do and then freak outlater???

i went to group interview for nightfill (but turned out the job i had gone for was longlife assistant which sounds like dayfill to me) ANYWAY i left at 4.50pm and my emails at 5.29pm had a second interview invitation for checkout chick so that could be fun....... more glamous than nightfill but less exercise... its all good i think i talk too much to do much good at nightfill or TOO padantic to be of too much use.....

jemima is LOVING the kitten we acquired benji is NOT, jemima though cracks a huge mental everytime she has to leave the kitten then she promptly forgets about it until we are looking for it... it is REALLY small.... if benji has not given it back by thursday i have a vet appointment for it..... then it can change from an IT to a he or a she

hi barb!!!!!!!!!! welcome back - i've been worried about you!!! pm me your email address so i can spam you if you go MIA again........
how are you kiddies??? what have you been doing???? where do you live again???

vonni do you want to meet up sometime??? i can come to you, my mum grew up in warwick so i'd love to go and look around there again and jem would probably love it too

i gotta get to bed, jemima has been waking up WIDE AWAKE at 4.30 the last couple of days this morning at least at 7.30 she went back to sleep with me until about 9.30 - 10 but the 3 hours fighting her to nap with me was exhausting!
Old 10-27-2008, 03:57 PM   #93  
It's ME!

Wow, so much to catch up on!

Vonni what a terrible time you've been having! I hope your daughter is okay and that everything is on the improve.

Welcome back Barb, it's great to see you here again. And welcome to all of our newbies.

Ani your shifts sound horrible! I hope you are keeping well despite having such short amounts of sleep at the moment.

Good luck with your interviews Kel!

I didn't quite get to my goal of 240 minutes cardio last week, did 220 so only 20 minutes short. I did go to the gym 4 times so that was good.

Diet has been pretty average, I overindulged during the weekend and went over my points allowance every day

The next couple of weeks are going to be a challenge and my goal will be to simply maintain my current weight.

Tomorrow afternoon I go to the North Island and work there for 2 days and then Friday afternoon I go to Canada for a week. I won't be able to do much in the way of exercise and my diet is bound to be less than ideal so maintenence is what I'm hoping for.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:18 PM   #94  
Am I a senior too?

Kel supermum happens. Almost anyone you talk to will tell you that and only afterwards do you really think about it. Though when my 19yr old was a baby her cousins put her on a table and she flipped onto hard floor, I flipped out and literally threw her to my mum. (she was 3 mths old) Maybe thats whats wrong with her lol.jk
Old 10-27-2008, 07:21 PM   #95  
Am I a senior too?

That'd be great to meet up sometime. But next mth I am at the hospital for clinical every day but weekends. Saturdays I work. But Sundays are fine. We have a nice walk round the river here and a nice park for kids to. And yummy place to go for lunch lol. a HEALTHY lunch hehehe. But are you sure you wanna drive all this way? Its an hour and half from brissy city.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:52 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Vonni how is Ebony this morning? I had epilepsy from the time I was a child, and only went off meds 10 years ago. I know that dazed look, and I know how bloody tired you feel afterwards.

BARB! I'm so happy to see you posting here. Doesn't matter whether you are losing or not - I love it when you are hanging out with us. Do you have a plan, or are you thinking about it at the moment?

Kylie why don't you set a 'start date'? Maybe do some planning, and work up to it?

Hey Julia, I wouldn't worry about weight loss too much while you're away. If you can maintain, and maybe take the opportunity to walk around a bit more while you're in Canada, that may help. But the most important thing is to enjoy yourself.

Mammy I'm not sure what EFT is, but I reckon if you use it as a tool and not a lifeboat it might help. I have a friend who has done something like tapping, and she claims that it helped her release some kind of emotional barrier. But I understand emotional eating, and it's an ongoing process to learn why we do it - and to overcome it.

Kel - keep the kitten. It's very very cute .

I had a much better day yesterday and achieved all the goals I set for myself. Today will be a challenge as I work from 12.30pm - 9pm and I have physio from 11.30-12.30pm. I don't get my meal break until 5.30pm and have no time for lunch because of physio. These are the times I am likely to get so hungry I stuff my face with something 'quick'. And I can't get my head around it. Oh well, it's just a day…

Gen where are you?
Old 10-27-2008, 10:17 PM   #97  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

Barb great to see you back..

Vonni .. your having a terrible time.. im just like ani .. epileptic as a kid.. it really does make you feel awful. i hope your little one is feeling better today ,

Julia have a great time in Canada.. wow that will be fun.. enjoy yourself and dont worry about nothing..

Ani .. yup today roster suck.. could you eat lunch early??? would that work.. say just before you go to physio.. ?

Kel i have my fingers ans toes crossed for you to get your job

Mammy..Barb and Kylie .. you'll find your way soon.. one little step at a time.. why not just start off by taking a walk everyday.. say 5 minutes.. build it up slowly to 30 and then do the same with your diet.. one small change at a time.. thats what i did .. worked pretty good..

im going fine atm.. no problems at all with food or exercise..

even with John home.. amazing huh? lol hes leaves thursday morning lol.. but at least ill get my car and computer back... lmao..

ok.. better run.. cya'll later

Last edited by amouse; 10-27-2008 at 10:17 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:57 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Just quickly...while I sit here during my lunch break...

...about an hour ago I was informed I was successful with my interview and I got the job!!!

OOOHHH MY GOD!!!!!

So, the next couple of months will be a huge challenge for me...not only am I resigning from my current job and starting a new one...I will also be packing up house, moving interstate and starting a whole new life!!!

At the moment that feels too overwhelming to bare!!

But I know I will see all the good in this again, and I will enjoy the ride!

And what is best...I can bring you all with me!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 12:11 AM   #99  
Am I a senior too?

Congrats on the job Lindor woohoooo......

Eb had tests done after 1st siezure but no eplipsy was found. But for a while she did have blank moments and sometimes fall down. Dr said she has little brain collapses that an EEG wouldnt show up unless she was having one at the time. So they put it down to febrile convulsion.

Yah Kel I agree with Ani. Keep the kitty. We are getting another one in a few weeks. My daughters moggy had 4 and they are so cute.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:14 AM   #100  

julia - woohoo have the bestest time in canada - make out with some cute guy no strings attached.

vonni and ani - i plan to keep the kitty..... i was also thinking about saving the other one my neighbour needs to get rid of...... of course i may end up divorced - cat is currently lost she is very little.... most likely under the couch though

lindor - i am SO excited for you..... a little jealous actually..... starting a fresh wow!!!

me - am thinking seriously about saving 30bucks a month and quitting weight watchers officially but not unofficially..... we shall see

went on mega walk to day it is 3.5km to the dog park which means 3.5km back again!!
Old 10-29-2008, 04:20 PM   #101  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

ok im back.. hubby left at 4.30 am this morning... lets hope his plane doesnt stuff up again.. he was on the flight last week from brisbane to adelaide that landed without brakes... boy did that plane come in fast..

wrotten qantas need a severe kick in the butt.. they have all these problems since they sent there maintence to china... hello.... maintance here may be more expensive but soon the lawsuits will cost you more then the maintence ever did ...

grrr.. anyway.. emotional eating kicked in first thing this morning.. i have had chocolate cake for breakfast... I got the whole cake out of the freezer.. with the thought of binging.. but i had a small amount and put it back in the freezer... on the pack it says a serve is 1/6th.. i had less then 1 .6th.. lol so i suppose my habits have changed a great deal.. once upon a time i might have eaten half that cake.. or more when emot eating reared it ugly head... yup i have had chocolate cake for breakfast.. yup it was a bad choice.. but im not pisssed with myself...

Im actaully pleased that i just stopped.. (222 cals)

I have a nasty azz head cold and hubby left while i was unconcious and probably snoring.. so i didnt get to say good bye.. i woke up at 5 and ran down the house to go give him a cuddle and say bye and he was already gone.. I tryed to go back to sleep and couldnt so i turned on the computer.. which decided to lock up the minute i got on CK.. got pissed and upset and headed to the kitchen..

ok confesion over..

my week has been great . me and hubby went out to lunch kid free on thursday(after my aqua and swimming ), played the wii together most of friday , saturday we played the wii and watched movies.. it was too hot to do anything.. sunday we went around his parents house for roast dinner.. (lunch time) and then went to the shops.. monday i went to aqau again.. then we took leah to the park and to the lolly shops ( Nannys shop ,Johns mums) and then went for a walk at the river and out to tea with the kids .. tuesday he went fishing.. and i walked 9kms.. he had the car.. i walked the kids to school came home.. grabbed the parcels for the ebayers that had finally payed and carryed them up the shops (9kgs worth.. omg was that a struggle and to think i used to carry double that all the time.. lol) walked home again becuase hubby promised to be home before Leah got out of kindy.. nope.. he wasnt so walked back to the school to pick her up.. .. i was strating to feel wrotten tuesday morning so i had a maon at John the minute he got in the door becuase he wasnt home when he promised.. lol.. yesterday.. i spent 90% of the day in bed.. hubbys last day home.. i cooked a dinner i couldnt even taste and then fell asleep on the couch at about 8pm last night . Hubby didnt wake me up so i moaned at him again.. poor guy lol.. and then didnt get to say goodbye this morning.. lol yup i am feeling very guilty and a bit upset.. and pissed with myself.. for being sick.. and moany..

all in all we had a great week and had a great discussion about our future.. he wants to get a Job in Collie WA .. it looks really nice there and if he gets it we may all move there.. So we can be more of a family.. The idea is to pay off our home as quickly as we can.. if he got a job there he would get living away from home allowance.. to pay the rent and we could be together.. we would leave our house empty. dont want anyone in our home.. we have spent to much time and money making this house perfect for us.. which is why he works away .. we addeded 3 rooms and 60k to our morgage.. it 07.. he has been away since feb this year and we have reduced our loan by 26k .. every dollar we dont need has gone straight into the home loan ..

and the thought of coming back to work in adelaide for just enough money to get by and still have a big loan is not one that is sitting very well with my hubby .. So fingers crossed he gets the Collie job and the place is as nice as it looks.. anyone know anything about that area please let me know ??
Old 10-29-2008, 05:13 PM   #102  
It's ME!

Amy it sounds to me like your way of dealing with food and binges has changed dramatically! We all slip up every now and then and you didn't slip up nearly as badly as you could have.

Good for you

I had a terrible day yesterday. Was leaving work to head to the airport and was in a hurry. I was backing out of my parking space, looked behind me and in both directions, slowly backed out and straight into another car

No damage at all to my old tank but the other car copped my towbar and that put a reasonable sized ding in the side and took out a side light. I have 3rd party insurance and that will cover it but I will have to pay the first $400.

I'm off to Vancouver tomorrow and I'm committed to going to Melbourne for New Years and I'm really stressing about how I'm going to pay for both of those and now this added $400.

I want to scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-29-2008, 05:35 PM   #103  

julia - so glad you are ok
amy - your life is so full on!
me - not telling what i weigh today, just cancelled weight watchers (not from lack of results just coz i cant afford it)
really over losing weight but slow and steady is going to work for me
but not last week coz i just didnt care and also didnt plan or shop properly just enjoyed time with jemima and didnt think about what the next meal for either of us was going to be - and had 2 birthday parties to go to etc

gotta get ready to take kitten and one of my dogs to the vet and then will decide if i am going to officially go and weigh in before i have to go to hair dresser which is going to take hours (taking colour out of my hair) (colour that has been there for ten years) then i gotta work at the opshop...

stupid sneakpeak weigh in
Old 10-29-2008, 06:46 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Amy, Collie is a small country town south of Perth. It's obviously a mining town, and has a great feel of 'community'. I think it would be great for you and John to be together with the kids full-time - so I really hope he gets the job.

Julia what a b!tch of a thing to happen. I know what it's like to be overwhelmed by financial stress, and not know how you're going to manage. Why do you have to go to Melbourne?

Hey Kel the scales are not your enemy; they are just a tool. You're right about slow and steady - it is the most effective way to lose weight and then keep it off (for most people).

I'm doing alright this week. I've stuck to my goals around 85% of the time, and I can't ask for much more than that. I'm determined to get back under 74kg by Monday's weigh-in - I refuse to gain weight and keep it on. Simply REFUSE!

Have a good day everyone.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:27 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Woohoo - still fat, but I got a 92 on my statistics midterm! Yay.
Closed Thread