Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 04:46 PM   #136  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

weigh in day down 700 grams this week..112.2 kilos now im happy with that becuase it means my BMI is finally in the 30's.... lol 39.8 i started this journey at 47.9.. so now im just obese rather then super obese.. lol.... it also means ive now lost 50 pounds.. lol.. yippee.. pounds make it sound so much bigger doesnt it? lol

so bmi wise im nearly at where Ani started at.. lol so i still got plenty of work to do..
all my measurements are up from last week ... who knows what that's about but my body weight is down .. i suppose i may be bloated a bit but then i would have not showed a loss of weight... but anyway im sure it will sort it self out before next weesk weigh in.. .. well im off busy day with the monkey in tow... playgroup day.. .. have fun..

Last edited by amouse; 11-06-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:37 AM   #137  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Had a sneaky weigh in today..... down 700gm woohoo hehe lets hope i dnt undo all that over the weekend
Old 11-08-2008, 06:54 AM   #138  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

woohoo vonni
woohoo amy

i am lost in weightloss void

hopefully will be returning to earth soon.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:48 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

I've had a pretty ordinary week - I don't even know why, but I have gone way over my calorie allowance, and done just about everything wrong.

Not sure why I keep sabotaging myself when I am this close to reaching my goal. Maybe I don't really believe I can do it - or maybe I don't believe I am worth it. I just don't know.

Somehow I have to convince myself to get back on plan, and I'm not really sure how to do that. Over the last six days I have averaged 2300 cals/day and only 1.3L of water. Exercise has been fine, but I've still been letting myself down.

This week my hours of work will be more "normal" - mostly 9.30 - 5.30 - so maybe that will help me get into a better routine. But one of the reasons I have struggled is that this week I have had five different shifts in five days, including one day starting at 6.30am, then the next day starting at 12.30pm. It's hard to be in a good routine when my hours are all over the place.

I just rang in sick for today because my throat feels like I have swallowed razor blades, and that doesn't help either.

The only way I know to try and get back on track is to take things right back to basics, and set goals JUST for today. If I can achieve 80% of the following I will feel better about things:

• Eat no more than 1600 calories;

• Include 2 serves of fruit and 5 veges in whatever I eat;

• Drink 2L of water.

That's about all I can really ask of myself.

Sorry about the whinge - and for being so self-indulgent. It frustrates me that after all this time I still have weeks where I let myself down so badly.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:13 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Ani, don't ever apologize for having a bad week. You are such a source of inspiration and strength for all of us all of the time, and we are here to listen if you need to vent! Give yourself a break - you've achieved amazing things with your weight loss, and one week in the scheme of things is nothing. At least you recognize what you're doing and are questioning why. Getting so close to goal seems like it would be great, but it has to be terrifying too! No more excuses for not doing things or getting things you want.. can't blame the weight any longer. You *DO* deserve it, and you know you do. Just get back on the horse and keep trotting.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:10 AM   #141  

ani - your "whinging" helps us
we see what you did "wrong" but we also see how you are fixing it
it helps me heaps to KEEP hearing the challenges and to know they dont go away once you loose heaps of weight
it helps me to know that it is a ongoing battle, so i can keep trying to get outof my head that there is a quickfix...

tomorrow morning i am weighing in
not to "start again" coz lifestyle change is slow and steady i know that now
but to benchmark myself and give myself some goals etc

so tomorrow - new ticker and first day of checkout chick at woolies

Last edited by smylie; 11-09-2008 at 08:11 AM.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:22 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Ooh have fun. I loved working at Safeway - did it for 7 years thru school and uni. I was in the checkout chick of the year competition 5 years in a row haha. I still have my sashes at my mum's place.. how sad is that!
Old 11-09-2008, 04:41 PM   #143  

Gen thanks for the support - and you too Kel - I really value it.

I didn't bother weighing in this morning - I just didn't want to demoralise myself, but I added up the how far I walked last week and moved my exercise ticker along a little bit more.

Good luck with the job today Kel - yay for new adventures .

Today is a fresh start for me too. I am going to get back into making better choices and I'll work through whatever is bothering me.

It is scary Gen, and it was a massive reality check to discover just how quickly I can fall back into old, old habits and binge like a mad woman. The challenge now is to find the way to let go of that.

Yesterday was another bad day as far as food choices go, but it has got to stop right now. I can't undo what I have done for the last week, but I can start to make better choices today!

So, the plan is:

• Eat no more than 1600 calories;

• Drink 2.5L of water;

• Walk 10,000 steps;

• Buy the most yummy, tempting fruit I can afford and have that for my snacks instead of chocolate and other crap;

• And forgive myself for a bad week, and just move on!
Old 11-09-2008, 07:13 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Ani, I didn't weigh in on Friday for the exact same reason! Last week was a total balls-up with weight-loss...and this week hasn't started off much better! I think my mind has decided to put off weight-loss for a few weeks because of all the upheaval I am going to be going through!

Tomorrow I leave for Perth...will be there 'til Friday...will probably be having minor surgery to have my lump removed. Ani, let me know of your schedule...this will probably be my last trip to Perth for a while and I'd love to catch up for a coffee...or Fish & Chips!

I am then home for two days before leaving on a work trip...I have cut that down to just a two night trip rather than the week.

Then on the 22nd I am taking two weeks leave to visit Darwin, get a feel of the place and house hunt etc.

When I return, I have one full week here, another work trip and then I am finished and will be leaving for good a few days later!!

It's all exciting...but daunting too! How am I going to get myself packed in time? How is my old dog going to take the move? What if the job isn't what I expected? What if I am not up to their standards? I don't want to think about it anymore!!

Anyway...back on topic. All I really want to achieve for the next few weeks is to maintain at around the 88 - 90kg that I am at now. I don't want to gain anymore...and if I lose some then that is a bonus! At the very least, I vow to have breakfast every day and I vow to drink 2L of water every day!

Must run!! I have an appointment with the bank manager shortly and I must pack for Perth...and for the move too for that matter!!!

Good luck with the new lifestyle Kel!

Kylie...soooo sorry I missed it, but Happy Birthday for last week too!!
Old 11-09-2008, 07:31 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 100kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 170cm

Hi everyone

Thanks for the birthday wishes - I had a wonderful Tuesday, and a smashing (or was that smashed?) Saturday night!

My boss and I are fed up with being round, so we're going to start bringing lunches to work (instead of racking up $100+ weekly bills at the coffee shop downstairs!). It's going to be good to have someone to work with. We're going low carb (yes in moderation), and just generally cutting out the crap.

Bring on the eggs!

Kel, my relationship with woolies was definitley love/hate, but it's a pretty good place to work generally. My one tip is to make an effort, because most of the young ones don't. Turn up, present well, take an interest in your regulars, and don't take too long on your breaks, and you will be in the good books!

Gotta dash, will be back.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:41 AM   #146  

Height: 5'5"

Sorry I haven't been around. Down another 700g last week, but had a terrible weekend. We made pizzas and even though the toppings were very healthy (roasted veg, olives, artichoke, tomatoe, low fat cheese and fresh herbs) I ate WAY more than I should have, pizza just never fills me up! So I'm guessing that this weeks loss won't be a great one.

Oh yeah, Kel buy yourself a pair of bike shorts to wear under your skirts. I think Target have the different length ones to choose from.

XX

Barb
Old 11-10-2008, 04:19 AM   #147  
Am I a senior too?

hey babr good idea. Never thought of doin that cause i dnt wear dresses n skirts much either cause like Kel - the chaffe (?) thing.

We have a new facilitator at the hospital. She started today. lets see how she goes before I make judgement . Friday going to orthopeadic theatre wow that'll be good.

Okay I havent lost any extra weight than my sneak peek but thats ok. We are up n down stairs ALL day lol. so I'm guessing reason for not any more loss is muscle is getting better underneath all this flab. All I am concentraing on is eating okay and drinking water. Not bothering with exercise or being too pedantic about diet over the next few weeks till I am over this hurdle of clinical.

Looks like everyone is faring ok this week. Ani not only do we see yr set backs but we also see how you pick yrself off and dust yrself off again and soldier on. Its an inspiration
Old 11-10-2008, 02:36 PM   #148  

Phew! Met all my goals yesterday.

My roster has changed, so I'm now working 6.30 - 2.30pm today. I have realised that my 'danger zone' is those afternoons when I'm not at work (or when I finish early), so I am going to have to come up with a plan to overcome that.

My main plan for this week is to get myself back on track, and to reach at least 80% of my daily goals. One day down…
Old 11-10-2008, 03:15 PM   #149  
Am I a senior too?

Ani do you think you could have your main meal when you get home? Snack on some celery while cooking it if necessary. And make those days quick easy meals to cook, or cook extra day before and make something out of it..... eg, if you have mashed potato and veg with meat one evening, cook extra spud n veg and make a shepherds pie the next with leftover.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:56 PM   #150  

i just cant stop eating

i loved woolies - my first shift last night, next on thursday night then soon i find out what regular roster will be i hope

regular roster will mean routine for exercise
doc orders routine in some exercise
Closed Thread