Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 05:41 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKiwi View Post
...a 5 day work trip to Canada...
I want your job!!!!

Ok, firstly, everything with my boob looks benign...I should hear of the official results on Monday! But already, that takes one thing of my mind!

Ani, it was awesome catching up with you again!! You made the 'visit' a whole lot easier and less stressful! So thankyou!

And people...

...Ani looks great!!!

And I have been re-inspired! I was intending to start a whole new weight-loss attempt today, but I was invited out for lunch, so that kinda fell by the wayside! But it has given me time to think about what I am going to do and what goals I am going to set!

So, tomorrow morning I am going to weigh-in, and that will be my official start weight...I am anticipating something well into the 90kgs! Then, I am going to try to follow Ani's slow and steady approach (tough for the 'I want it all and I want it now' kind of person that I am!). My proirities will be to drink 2L of water a day and to eat no more than 1500cals to start. Although I enjoyed the walks I did in Perth with Ani, I am not self motivated enough to do that here, not to mention the desire to walk in near 40C temps is not really inspiring either!

I still have a few 'challenging' moments in the not too distant future, but I need to deal with those as they come...the first being a work trip for three days from Monday! As Julia suggests, it is hard to keep in control at such occasions.

I also want to start reporting my progress more regularly here again...good or bad!

And that will start tomorrow morning with my first official weigh-in!
Old 10-16-2008, 07:50 AM   #17  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

am so excited for you lindor - once you know where you are you can figure out where you have to go!

julia - 5 day work junkit to canada sounds very nice

amy - happy birthday to you! cant believe you are only 28, dont know why but thought you were older, sounds like you had a magical day

i weighed in today at weight watchers and was 700grams DOWN woohoo
Old 10-16-2008, 04:53 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

YAY Lindor, I'm glad you're feeling inspired again! It was great to catch up with you too .

Kel - . What's the plan for this week?

I dropped 0.4kg this week and weighed in at 73.5kg. My roster has changed again and from today I will be working Friday - Tuesday every week, so I'm going to change my weigh-in days back to Monday.

I also changed my ticker this morning - my new goal is to get to 67kg. I don't know how long it will take me, but that doesn't matter.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:15 PM   #19  

plan is weight watchers..... maybe even track mypoints, i didnt do that last week but i really should have..... i wonder why it helps?? it definately helps if i plan my food intake the day i am going to eat it.... i guess i did that just not on paper

you are so cool ani! you have lost more than 30kg now!!! and kept it off - that rocks

jemima is standing here screaming, she has been screaming on and off since before 5am, i am a little over it... we are going to a new playgroup today so that should entertain her BUT i have to have a shower as last night my "my time" 10.30 shower went cold so i am a wuss and only shaved one leg so i have to have a shower so i can fix that situation.....

she is just sooky and i dont know why, if i sat and gave her FULL ON attention she would be fine...

she just pissed on the floor twice....... this is going to be an interesting day
Old 10-16-2008, 06:51 PM   #20  

Hi, my name is Lindor and I am over-weight (obese infact!!).

My official weigh-in this morning has me starting at 91.5kg. So I'd like to lose something around 25kg. Hey! I've done that before haven't I?

Today:
I will drink 2L of water
Eat no more than 1500cal
Maybe...maaaaybe do some step-ups in front of the TV! What's good on the box tonight??

I can do this...I can do this...I can do this!!!

Ani, well done on your loss! Can I assume that if I hadn't done those walks I might have been a bit heavier today?

6.5kg to go! Wow! I can't even imagine how that would feel!!
Old 10-17-2008, 12:34 AM   #21  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Hi, my name is Vonni and I am overweight.

I weighed in at 75.5 this morning. George is coming and I feel like eating crap.

My goal is in the next 2 weeks to lose 500gm. Any extra is a bonus. Nothing good on box here tonight. But may do 10 minutes on elliptical if I can find the energy to get off my overweight ***.

Tomorrow working silly shift time so who knows how I will go. And tomorrow night I am going to a fancy dress 21st birthday party. (I am going as a punk.) It is set menu and not sure yet what so hopefully there is a healthy option. Think they were talking about a roast with veges or a honeyed chicken breast with salad. Might go the chook.

Will post pics on when I get some done.

Cheers
Vonni
Old 10-17-2008, 05:51 AM   #22  

this is so what i need

MY NAME IS KEL AND I AM OVERWEIGHT I HAVE A BELLY LIKE I AM 8 MONTHS PREGNANT, I HAVE NO CLOTHES THAT FIT ME
BUT I AM GOING TO FIX IT
THEN I AM GOING TO STAY FIT AND HEALTHY AND SEXY! FOR NO REASON BUT I WANT TO!
Old 10-17-2008, 07:47 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 100kg/ticker/65kg

Hi my name is Kylie, I am overweight. I weigh 100kg, and I have never felt frumpier. (thankyou, Mr. Bad Haircut).

I want to lose about 30kgs, but I can't see how just yet. I read the Australian Healthy Food Guide while eating chocolate.

I commit to only having 3 coffees per day, and only 1 smoke per break (instead of 2-3). I commit to finding out about the kickboxing class on my street, and to looking great by the time I get to Prague in April 09.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:08 PM   #24  
It's ME!

How fantastic to come in here and find everybody sounding so motivated!!

I'll join you all. My name is Julia and I'm overweight/obese. My weight at last weigh in was 87.1kg and my goal is to get down to 70kg so that's 17.1kg to lose.

It's so good to have you back here Lindor, sounding positive. That's great news that your tests are sounding good. Best of luck matey!

I've had a really great week this week. The past 2 days I've gone over my points allowance by 2 points each day but my exercise has been really good so hopefully that'll balance it out.

I'm really enjoying having something new to focus on by aiming for 240 minutes of cardio a week. So far this week I've done 170 minutes and I'm going to the gym after work today so will add to that running total.

Have a great weekend ladies!

Old 10-17-2008, 07:40 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

My name is Ani and I am overweight.

It is my aim to get out the chisel and chip away until I have achieved all the goals I have set for myself in the last two years. I'm not going to accept excuses from myself, and I'm not going to stop.

I'm going to chip away at the thoughts in my head that tell me I'll always be a fat chick, and at the habits I have that require some attention.

I'm going to chip away at my sad wardrobe. Everything is too big, too loose, too threadbare, too old…

And I'm going to chip away at the next few kilos. This is Day 807 of my new lifestyle (don't ask me why I know that ), and even though I get frustrated by how slow I have been to lose weight, it doesn't matter. I have lost a kilo, and then I've kept it off, and then I've done it all again. THAT'S what matters!
Old 10-17-2008, 08:26 PM   #26  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

Hi im Amy and im obese.

my last weigh in i was 115 kilos .. so i still have a long way to go my goal is 70ish? kilos.. i was 135 kilos and size 26-28 this time last year.. i have lost 20 kilos and many cms.. and am now an 18-20..

I just bought myself a whole load of 18's and payed for them compltely with the sale of my bigger clothes on ebay.. i sold 24 items on there and got $312.51.. my new clothes in tottal cost me $285 .. with a new handbag too.. so i have spent nothing on my new clothes

my plan is to keep going.. slow and steady wins the race right.. i dont have a timeframe in mind for my weight loss i just know its gonna take some time.. and i find it easier to focus on small goals then the great big overwhelming amount.. lol though all up from start to finish i will need to loose 65kilos to get to 70.. lol so i will need to loose a whole other persons body weight.. lmao.. nice huh???

my mini goal for now is 110 kilos for xmas.. that would make me happy ..

i started this journey on december 12th 2007 but i cant be bothered working out the days.. lmao..
Old 10-17-2008, 09:24 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 100kg/ticker/65kg

Amy - that is so cool! You must wear some really nice clothes!

We are gonna keep on keepin' on. I know we are. I love the minutes idea, Julia. (I'd probably end up doing 240 minutes on the last day of the week lol).

Lindor, I am so! happy to hear you like this. Those slumps really take it out of you, esp with your heatlh scare. Let's go baby!
Old 10-17-2008, 09:42 PM   #28  

OMG! What have I started here!

Actually, you all joining in like this has kinda made me feel committed now!

I managed all but one of my goals yesterday...can you guess which one I missed???

I hate exercise!!! But only when it is exercise...I can walk for miles and not complain, if it was getting me from A to B. I can climb flights of steps, if it was getting me to a destination! I can't do the monotonous, not getting anywhere kind of exercises! But, in the past exercise has not been a huge part in any of my weight-loss attempts, so I am not going to feel down about this!

So todays goals are:
Drink 2L of water
Eat no more than 1500cals
Maybe...I might move a little - I need to rake the dogs litterbox (my tiny backyard)!

Have a good day all...and I agree, lets make this surge of motivation last!!
Old 10-18-2008, 05:58 AM   #29  

thinking outloud now...
we all know we have emotional triggers that "make" us eat
some of us eat when we are depressed
or when we are in bad mood
or when we are bored
but i am wondering WHY
as in WHY do we eat.... obviously if there was a simply answer we would not be fat but can someone help me as to why we chose eating as our answer, could we just "do something different"??

as i said just thinking outloud

i had salad for lunch.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:58 AM   #30  

you are ugly
i am fat

at least i can diet.

(sorry read it again on a bumper sticker and LOVE it)
Closed Thread