Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 05:07 PM   #166  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

weigh in day...... im down a whole kilo this week .. yippee im very happy about that ..

But i truely am fine Kel dont worry about me.. now if it was my kid then i would be a mess.. but my sister and friend.... nah.. upset for maybe a few days then.. dont care again.. lol My sister ran away at 15 and has been playing these games ever since.. she will be 30 in march.. and since i hated her before she left.. being a teenager myself..... We never got the close adult relationship most sisters do.. i mean.. she still acts like a teenager.. and we ahev always been polar opposites anyway..

I like quiet time to myself she like drug filled parties.. she would smoke the joint and pass it on i would stamp it out .. she would drink the beer i would pour it out.. lol peer pressure never got to me.. i have always been the same... non comforming.. and boy did her friend hate me.(since i would knick off with whatever they were passing round and be rid of it ). but she had to take me along... Mums rules... lmao... im only 18months younger then her so my company was mandatory.. lol... i was the only thing that stopped her being really stupid so when she did run away she lost the sensible voice in her ear saying dont be so bloody stupid.. lol..

I am strong unless its my kids... that is when i fall apart into a million tiny peices.. lol..
Old 11-13-2008, 05:17 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Kel . Shakes are not the magic pill you think they are. Yes they will help you lose some weight, but your body doesn't like them, and your mind gets confused. So as soon as you start eating again you will gain the weight back, because your body is starving for nutrients.

The other day a friend asked me to reflect on what I've done that has made me succeed with my weight loss, and I came up with a list. I thought I would share it with you - because very little of it has to do with food (and that surprised me). Here it is:

1. Set goals - even if they change every day - it's important that you have something to be working toward. And make them SMART (small, measurable, achievable, realistic, with a timeframe).

2. Learn - know how much food you need, discover your relationship with food, and keep on learning.

3. Use your tools - scales, tape measure, clothes size… but never let them become your master. They are there to measure your progress - NOT your worth.

4. Eat the yummiest food you can afford - and include things that will fill your plate and your tummy. Don't ever deprive yourself of great food - and don't buy "diet food/low fat food". It's mostly high in salt, sugar and other crap, and not worth the trade off.

5. Discover the way that sleep, salt, stress and sickness impact on the scales.

6. Avoid exercise you don't like. Find creative ways to move - it all counts.

7. Real weight loss is slow. It's Michaelangelo chipping away at the Statue of David. Anything less patient, determined, honest and challenging is a cheap imitation.

8. Believe you are worth it. No matter what you have to do to shift your thinking, and to start believing in yourself - DO IT!

9. Don't wait for motivation - it contributes little to the journey. Weight loss is about a personal commitment, a promise to become the best person that you can.

10. Be the president of your own fan club. Don't do it for someone else, for a special event - outside influences will let you down. Become the 'special event' yourself.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:09 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Check out my avatar - how cute is my niece?
Old 11-13-2008, 11:26 PM   #169  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

gen she is TOOOO cute, love the rosy cheeks

ani - i like number 4 and number 7
i know shakes are not magic i know but right now i need something to trick my mind into thinking i can get below 90kg
Old 11-14-2008, 12:09 AM   #170  

just call me mary

mary mary quite contrary!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020444.jpg (45.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg P1020448.jpg (46.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg P1020447.jpg (43.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg P1020445.jpg (39.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg P1020453.jpg (31.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 11-14-2008, 12:10 AM   #171  

amy - i dont have a sister so i have no idea what it would be like
my sister in law just had another baby girl so her two are 18months apart i wonder what they will grow up like.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:03 PM   #172  

Awesome garden Kel. I've been eating my own veges for a week or so now - and I love it. I planted a few more things last week, and will pop in a few more tomatoes, english spinach and capsicum next week. I LOVE having fresh food to eat.

IF I get any money from my tax return I am going to buy myself some gym equipment and a 6-month membership to the local pool. I'm really finding these last few kilos hard to shift, so it's time to change my focus and start working on a different approach.

I've also got someone coming to stay for a few weeks on Wednesday, so that little bit of rent money will come in very handy. If nothing else it will pay my car registration…

This week has been better for me, food wise, but still not quite right. I have been averaging 1830 calories - and that's just a little too high. If I can just improve on it a little bit next week I will be happy.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:23 PM   #173  

mmmmm spinich - yes i must get some of that....
i also need to get my basil happening more too
Old 11-14-2008, 06:33 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Spinach is the devil's work!
Old 11-15-2008, 10:20 AM   #175  

oh and amy - wooo hooo down a whole kilo that is so cool so how many kilos have you lost now??? i dont understand pounds still

and gen - i dont understand why spinich is the devils work.... i only know about popeye
Old 11-15-2008, 03:09 PM   #176  

Gen you're a ratbag - spinach is soul food

I'm setting myself a challenge - this is "water week" for me. Starting today I am going to try and drink 2.5L of water every day for a week and see if I can give my body a good 'flush'. I've been pretty ordinary with my water intake for the last couple of weeks - so I think it's time to fix that.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:13 PM   #177  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

Met Kylie yesterday we had a great time at the park and my kids were good the whole time.. only time i saw them was when they were hungry or thirsty.. lol didnt bug me at all.. it was a great park..and perfect weather..

Went to our local pageant in the morning and walked down to the beach then got went home for 20 minutes to get ready for the park.. had a picnic packed for lunch but they were too busy to want much lol..

I remembered to cover the kids in suncream but not me... grr we were sitting in a shadey spot so i thought i was fine.. but my left arm must have been in the sun at the very top... and boy is it saw .. my face is burnt too .. ouch.. face may have been burnt at the pagaent ..

kel as far as weight loss i was 135 kilos and im now 111.2 kilos so just short of 24 kilos is gone forever ..

Gen your niece is very sweet

and Mary your garden looks fabulous.. lol .. i bet Jem is loving it too

Last edited by amouse; 11-15-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:55 PM   #178  

I gained 0.7kg over the last week or so - and I have no excuse.

This week's plan is to eat around 1600 calories a day, drink more than 2L of water every day and walk a lot.

I'm starting to feel that I've got my head into a better place for losing some more weight too, so it's all good - I hope
Old 11-16-2008, 05:57 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 100kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 170cm

Heyo!

From 103 to 100.7 this week. I think it's a fluke, but I'll take it! Gosh, this is the first week in months that I've seen them go down! Awesome!

Amy and I did have a lovely time in the park on Saturday. We met up with a couple of girls from Amy's other forums.

Just a quick one, will come by later. xx
Old 11-17-2008, 03:54 AM   #180  

Height: 5'5"

Been really busy lately ladies, so sorry I haven't popped in. Weighed in on Friday morning to see that I've gained 700g. Pooh pooh! Oh well that's life. Will try harder this week. I feel really bloated too so maybe carrying a little bit of fluid.
Gotta run.

XX
Barb
Closed Thread