Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 01:35 PM   #46  
RosieKate

Cristina - I like the pink one..can't get to the black one for comparison, but if the wedding is getting postponed until July, the pink one will definitely fit the bill...and you will probably have to buy a smaller one -yay! Did I ever mentioned that my wedding dress was that same shade of pink? ha ha - I was such a rebel! It was a tea- length lace and satin number and I still love it even though, after 18 years, it does look a bit dated, along with my big 80s hair, lol! I'll have to dig up a picture...

Susan - say hi to the Prez for me. I saw him back in '92 and people were treating him like a rock star. Hope you have a nice evening w/ McDreamy!

(((((Sassy))))) - sorry you've been down in the dumps...hope we can cheer you up a bit...you know we are all here for you.

Hi Francie, Mindee, Jules, and Sue

I'm off to go knit w/ my newly formed group up at the yarn store in the village. Hopefully some other knitters show up :fingerscrossed: You never know with these things. Yesterday was a BAD food day ( lotsa bagels ) but today so far I am back on track. Tonight is dinner out and we are taking my MIL to the symphony for a birthday present. Dinner is before the concert, so I will not overdo it...otherwise I'll fall asleep during the concert - yikes!

Old 04-26-2008, 02:09 PM   #47  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Mindee~Leslie Sansone's dvds are pretty good. I feel that I get a good workout when I do them. The cake sounds good, lol. My fave part has always been the frosting. Mmm..I wish I had thought of getting a cake for my bday, but oh well.

Cristina~That sucks that it was postponed. But I like the pink dress!! I found this pic of what the pants my mom wore looked like...http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=50434&CatID=50934&GrpTyp=SIZ&ItemID =11f9d27&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CmCatId=50434|50444| 50934

Katy~The symphony sounds nice. Hope you have fun!!

Well..I could not sleep at all last night. I was tired, but I just couldnt relax. I had to force myself to go to bed. And when I did, I fell asleep as soon as I hit the pillow, lol. Too bad my effin cats kept making noise all night long. I swear, either cats are needy, or its just mine that are needy, lol.

Anyways..Fonzo is gonna talk to one of his friends on my comp..so I'm gonna go for now.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:48 PM   #48  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Back again...

KATY...have a nice time with the knitting gang, and tonight. I like the pink too, perfect for July! Would love to see a pic of your dress...bet it is purdy! I went with pink also, lol...a pale pink though. Wanted tea length but couldn't find what I wanted.

FRANCIE...I agree about Leslie Sansone...love her dvd's! Most of them go by so fast. The link wouldn't come up, ugh. I'll try later because att.net is being stupid again...a few other things wouldn't come up either...kept saying there was an error of some sort. Your cats reminded me of my friend's...she had 3 but would take in strays so she had about 5 or 6 at any given time and lived in a cute, little one bedroom house...was big though...anyway, when I would spend the night there after a night out those stinking cats would crawl all over me and then fight on the coffee table, lol...it was crazy sometimes.

SUSAN...totally slipped my mind you were going to meet BC! Have a great time!

MINDEE...I forgot to say for the walk! Geez, woman...you did GREAT!

JULES...thinking of you missy.

SASSY...are ya feeling better yet?

Okay, well, I'm not getting much of anything done. Was supposed to go to a Bridal shower but that is off soooo...was actually looking forward to getting out of the house today...kind of a gloomy day. I will just curl up on the couch and start another book. Exercise is done and done!

Have a GREAT weekend ladies!
Old 04-26-2008, 04:42 PM   #49  
kitty Momo

Good Afternoon Chickies-

Cristina - The pink dress is very pretty! You will look lovely in it. Need to figure out the link for the black dress in a second after I write this.

Sassy - sometimes you just need to snuggle in bed w/ a good book and hang on. I have down times too and I just have to wait til it passes. The sun shining outside helps a lot for me. Anyway sending hugs to you

Francie - I love my kitty but he lays on the bed and cleans himself for hours and if he itches he is tossed off the bed. I don't want fleas!! So, I have to go get some advantage and treat him.

Katy - Hope you had a good knitting session!! Have a fun evening.

Mindee- Happy Birthday Party for Brandon & Marissa!!

I have had a busy day! I woke up w/ 3 loads of laundry to do. Got Gab up and we showered and went to the laundromat to start the wash. Walked to Starbucks next door and after that to Freddies for breakfast stuff. Back to the laundry and into the dryer , off to the car wash and cleaned out the car. Back home and dropped Gab off and went to get the laundry.
Rach was busy gtting ready to go out and M called and came and picked up Gab early.

Talked w/ McDreamy and we parted ways. Yes, sorry. I just have felt for weeks that there was nothing there and I was feeling bad for just not discussing it with him. He is a McDreamy, just not mine.
So, I feel a lot better and think I will go to Powells and look at books. Just do whatever I want without always having to do something for someone else for a bit. Until one of the girls calls. lol

Counting calories today! Made some yummy spinach w/ onions and tenderloin chicken for lunch. Now that I won't be going out for dinner I can maybe go get some salad stuff and fruit for dinner.

k- guess that is my update!!
Old 04-26-2008, 05:20 PM   #50  
I was born this way hey!

Cristina~Try this link instead.. http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=50434&CatID=50934&GrpTyp=SIZ&ItemID =11f9d27&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CmCatId=50434|50444| 50934 Why was the wedding postponed?? At least you can relax for a bit and chill out with a nice book. My cats are insane. They run around like freaks with their tails all poofed up, lol. 2 of them are sunbathing right now. And the other is napping with Fonzo, lol.

Susan~Fleas suck. When I had a dog, he'd get fleas every now & then. Ugh, horrible memories, lol. Sorry about McDreamy

Today is a warm boring day. I'm gonna play Wii for a little bit before I take a shower. My arms are hurting a little bit from when I played last night. But its not as bad as it used to be. I tried boxing, and its a lot of fun!!!
Old 04-26-2008, 05:42 PM   #51  
kitty Momo

Francie - In the place I lived before there was barkdust all around and when it was late Aug I noticed *hopping fleas* coming from the patio to mid way in my living room. I would sit there at night on my couch watching them hop around.
Major freak me out.
I told the landlord and she said "fleas don't bother me"....omg, wtheck! Had to weasle some bomb out of her to treat my unit. And I didn't even have animals at the time!!

I must have been bringing them in when I walked from the laundry room.

Barkdust is evil, I am surrounded by it again and it is getting warmer outside. Thinking the cats need to be treated and become inside cats. I hate to do that because they like to explore.

Thanks for the condolences - lol , It is ok though. I really wanted my time on the weekends and was getting so frustrated being in a relationship and answering to someone. I think the longer I am on my own the harder it might be to hook up again. I don't know. Or the timing is all off and I have little ones that take up a lot of my time. I can't just drop everything and go or devote whole days to lounging around.

Anyway - it is a sign of my maturity because not to long ago I would have latched on to someone that was comatose and basically that was all he needed to be. lol

Off to Powells to get a book!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-26-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:32 PM   #52  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Thank You All.

I do feel a bit better today, still not quite 100%, but better, so I plan on doing nothing tonight and just relaxing and watching some tv..........Still kinda blue, but I'll survive.....lol.

Take care all!

Old 04-27-2008, 02:51 AM   #53  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

I am popping in here before I head off to bed.

I am uploading the pictures that were taken today, well now it is yesterday, at the party! every body all had a blast! the kids got plenty of clothes and they each got a couple of toys. they also got some books, which they are loving! Tommy got them each a balloon. He got Marissa a 1st birthday balloon and he got Brandon a 4th birthday balloon. He then also got twelve smaller balloons, which we then had to pull one out for Logan because he got mad.

I will go and change my avatar here in a second to the kids' cake. it turned out really cute and it was really good!
Old 04-27-2008, 02:53 PM   #54  
I was born this way hey!

Just stopping by really quickly.

I played some Wii games for 2 hours yesterday and my arms are freakin killing me, lol. But its like a good pain, I dunno.

The downstairs monsters were mowing there lawn not too long ago..and we had our window open. So now my nose is runny and my head is stuffed and I cant stop sneezing. Ughhh I feel like crap.

Well..I'm gonna go spend my last sunday with Fonzo. And find some allergy meds...Happy Sunday all..BBL
Old 04-27-2008, 03:09 PM   #55  

nothing really new since I last posted....

I am about to go and take some cake over to the office manager here in a second after I get dressed. Lazy Sunday.....and after all the hulla baloo of yesterday I think we can all make today a lazy Sunday!
Old 04-27-2008, 03:23 PM   #56  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Happy Sunday all...

FRANCIE...wedding was postponed because the Army decided no one was aking leave because supposedly they are in training. Even though a few guys did get leave. Apparently July was the soonest opening for the hall and church. Hey, at least it is a good hurt, lol. Enjoy your day with Fonzo. UGH, that link didn't work either...wonder what is up with the links. The dress one I posted won't come up either. Hope you feel better.

SUSAN...sorry to hear about you and McD. I know what you mean though. I was single almost longer than I was married the first time and I wanted to have someone in my life but at the same time I liked not having anyone to answer to. Still that way, lol...thank you...I tried the dress on and I LOVE IT!

MINDEE...such a cute cake! Is that a picture of them both on the cake? Love the colors. Clothes are always good.

SASSY...glad you are feeling better.

Nothing much going on with me today. Getting laundry done that I should have done yesterday. Finished my book finally and started another, Blood Orange by Drusilla Campbell...so far, so good. Thinking I will have it done tonight. Today is my free day from exercise but I still did some, lol. Just the 3 mile WATP dvd. I feel lazy if I don't do something. Anyway...

Have a good Sunday!
Old 04-27-2008, 03:40 PM   #57  
kitty Momo

Happy Sunday!

YES! Down a pound. I think the calorie counting is helping a lot, especially makes me aware in the evenings where I am caloriewise so I don't graze and go overboard. Feel so much better.

Cristina - Yay, nice to see you post on a Sunday! Blood Orange by Drusilla Campbell?? What is that about??

Sassy Glad you are starting to feel better!!

Mindee - Cute cake!!

Francie - Sorry about the arms! lol Enjoy your time w/ Fonzo

katy - Thought of you this morning. There was an article in the travel how more women are traveling together and have actual themes. One was a knitting group that went to Scotland and visited sheep ranches and saw how yarn was made, thought that was kind of cool.

anyway - Started on Good In Bed last night and fell asleep reading it. I am about 1/2 way done now, it is funny. I like Jennifer Weiner.
McD emailed this morning and we are friendly still. He is a sweet man, maybe in a few months we can revisit a relationship, who knows??

I guess that is it on my end!! Busy day w/ Gab coming back in a bit, going to meet her at the pool.

Later Gators!!
Old 04-27-2008, 04:11 PM   #58  

just popping back in.....

Cristina~ I must have missed the part about every thing getting postponed. Kind of sucks that you did all that running around, dealt with all that drama, just to be doing it all again next month when the final countdown starts again. Yup, that is a picture of both of them on the cake. Let me see if I can get a closer view of it.

SusieQ~ I must have missed the part about things with McD. But at least you guys are still on good terms so to speak.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:39 PM   #59  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon ladies.
Wow, lots of excitement here and drama for some. I am not fond of drama and too old for excitement, so what am I to do? LOL. Actually, when I was much younger with small kiddos, I had several friends (?) who thrived on drama, talking about each other, stirring up s**t. Once my marriage became fodder for the drama and I got out of that mess I never looked back for those friends. Have been much happier. Now excitement...I could tell you some stories...nah, don't ask! Hahaha

Lazy Sunday here and the weather is quite nippy. I wanted to work outside, but quickly changed my mind. We did walk around the yard to see what all has popped up. I am happy to report that my black thumb is leaning slightly more toward green. Just about everything I planted last year is up. I lost one small rose bush and so far no signs of my clematis. The hostas and ferns are thriving. Both flowering almonds did indeed flower and are so pretty. I planted them after blooming season, so had my fingers crossed that they would bloom this year. All in all if we could just get the grass to grow in the front I would love my yard. DH will be working on that next week. (as he did in the Fall to no avail) The pergola is almost finished, so he will need another project.

Mindee- Loved the cake pic. and so glad the party went well. Sounds like a good time.

Francie- I was looking at the ads for Wii today. Most every store had them in their circulars. I wonder if they all actually have one? Looks like fun games anyway. Sorry about the arms.

Susan- Good in Bed must have been...if it put you to sleep. Ha. You have given the names of so many books which sound like ones I would like. I am compiling lists from all you ladies. Meanwhile my 2 SIL and a friend keep bringing me books and I can't possibly catch up. I love our library but haven't had to go since last year. Hate to hear about McD...but you will know when and if the timing is right. Those young'uns are the most important for now. They do take lots of time and energy. Good deal that you and he can remain friends. Ya never know what will happen.

Cristina- Sorry about the wedding. Do they tink they waited long enough to say no leave? Heck the date was almost here. Hopefully things will go smoothly from here on out. I loved the picture of the dress. Beautiful color. And you are an exercise guru.

Sassy- Hope you are out of the blue funk and into the pink of things! I truly know how that is though and have had many blue days this year. Life never goes as planned it seems.

Katy- Yay for any downward movement of the scale. Mine has not been very co-operative lately. I also would like to see the pink wedding dress.....you rebel.

Okay...better scoot. I have a ham cooking and need to toss a salad and throw together some sort of veggies. If I can get DH in from the work shop that is.

Happy Sunday ya'll.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:52 PM   #60  

I meant to post this earlier, but here is the link so that you can see ALL the pictures that were taken at the party!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...0party%204-26/

you will more then likely be prompted for a password, so type in brandon and enjoy!
Closed Thread