Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 02:42 PM   #16  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

KATY...the monkey's are too cute! Reminds me of the sock monkey's. My mother made all the grandkids one years ago when Jason was a baby and didn't make anymore, so the other two didn't get one darn it. I passed on the movie because I knew I was getting ready to read the book...always think the book(s) is better than the movies made. I do want to see it though, of course now it's not on, lol. Funny about what DS said, lol...silly boy.

SUSAN...I have 100 candles to do and have 14 done, lol. They'll get done though, might be minus the flowers but they will get done. Sorry for the friends e-mail and bringing up the tiff

Ugh, I just heard thunder...was trying to get in my computer time before the storms hit...guess it is supposed to be bad.

FRANCIE...I liked the movie Crash...Waitress was good too, but sad to me because the girl being killed in real life. I actually liked American Gangsters too...didn't think I would. I like Denzel just didn't think I would like this movie for some reason. Glad you enjoyed your time with Fonzo.

MINDEE...sounds like the lady can't make up her mind about the hubby. Eat a cupcake for me! I have been craving them for some reason. I think I am going to make some for my birthday. DD said "You're going to make your own cake?" Why not? I don't care for the store bought ones and this way I can get what I want. DH always wants to buy me one but last year I said NO! We went to Olive Garden for my BD dinner and I had dessert there and that was enough. Anyway...cute avatar! Love seeing all the different pics of the kids.

SASSY...the turd, lol. DH that is, for not waking you, lol. Glad you got the shift/hours you wanted! Hmmm, the boss is being nice? Wonder what's up with him? Who cares...enjoy it while you can!

HIYA JULES & SUE...always feel like I am forgetting someone, hope not.

Nothing much going on with me today. I definitely will get a big chunk of the book done and hoping to be done with it tomorrow. I am slacking in the reading this month! Already did my exercise...I bought this Walkblaster/Slim Shape & Sculpt ffrom Leslie Sansone and did all three dvds, plus a 20 minute walk on the treadmill. And thank you Susan...I have finally made exercise a priority in my life and it feels good. You would not believe how guilty I feel if I miss a day, even my free day! It just feels good to do it and I am taking advantage of the time because I know there will come a time where I won't be able to do as much. So will do it as long as I am able. I want to be fit well into my 70's or even longer, at least my 60's lol. Anywho...

Have a great day!
Old 04-23-2008, 03:12 PM   #17  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping in here before we have to head out to get Brandon's hearing test! I am excited and nervous at the same time! then we will go to Wal-Mart to order their birthday cake!

I will have to pop back in later since I was just informed that we have to leave here shortly.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:55 PM   #18  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Susan~Sorry about the friend bringing up the tiff from 4 years ago, lol. I guess some people cant let things go.

Cristina~I love Denzel. He is one really really good actor, who should've won an Oscar a really long time ago. I know that he won one, but he should've won like 5 of them by now, lol. What book are you at now?? I stopped reading Certain Girls because it was making me mad, lol. So I started reading The Time Traveler's Wife. I tried to read it when I went to pick Fonzo up from the airport last Aug. But I was so nervous about seeing him, I didnt read a word of it, lol.

Mindee~I hope Brandon's hearing test goes well.

Well..Fonzo came home and told me that date that they're offically leaving. It freakin blows because its so soon..now we just have to wait to know what time they have to be on the ship...

Oh..it was so cute. I spent a good part of the morning bird watching with my cats, LOL!! We've noticed that birds come in for a landing on our balcony and the cats just go crazy for them. So Fonzo put out some leftover bird seed that we had (we used to have 2 birds-rip). So now there are just lots of birds stopping by our balcony for some food. All 3 cats are just sitting there staring at them, lol. Its the first time all 3 of them have been interested in the same thing, lol. Its so cute too!!

Anyhoo..I'm gonna go make some lunch right now..BBL
Old 04-23-2008, 05:52 PM   #19  
kitty Momo

I escaped Gabrielle!!! Thank goodness.

I went to BK and picked her up a cheeseburger kids meal and I bought a grilled salad for myself.
She plays around w/ her food and I ate her fries, thinking she is full and done with the meal.
She plops in front of the dvd and puts in Dreamer (because it is "turn your tv off week" and *mommy* found a loop hole *snicker*) .
Says she is hungry 10 minutes into it and so I have to lift my large arse off the couch where I settled in to read Goodnight Nobody and fix her some Mac and Cheese. .....3 hours later I am having 3fc w/d and so here I am!!

I dropped her off at the ex's and I have to go grocery shopping in a second. Blah - blah

Francie - I think the friend had a different take on the tiff and thought to revisit it in the email. I just remember that period as depressing and I have no desire to relive the riff, I kind of resented it for a bit this morning but figure she had some guilt and realizes I was right.
As I always am. lmao.....
My kitties are obsessed w/ the chipmunk that comes and hangs around.

Cristina - lol ......umm, I know what you are doing in your spare time!! That is a lot of work, can't you get help?? I like crafts but don't think I would have the patience for that. Bravo again on the exercising.

Mindee- Hope you get some good news w/ the hearing test!

k- better get some shopping in.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-23-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:01 PM   #20  
kitty Momo

Mindee- It is Brandon's birthday?? I thought his hearing test was going to be on his birthday and all this cupcake talk. Anyway - hate to miss wishing him a wonderful day!! Now when is Marissa's??

Rach found 2 rolls of film that have never been developed so took them in to the 1 hour photo. Need to pick up some fruit and head home and watch American Idol.

Walked 2 miles and ate 2 small bowls of homemade chili for dinner. Feel stuffed. My water intake is good with being addicted to ice water and all. lol

anyway- chat tomorrow and you all have a good night!
Old 04-23-2008, 10:28 PM   #21  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Cool Hey Ya'All

Hey Ya'all

Well its FRIDAY -- MY FRIDAY!
Yippeee!!! YAHOO! Woo-pee! Running out of words there. lol.

Well we got news that one guy on DH's team that works dayshift, is going to be put on weekend -- nights, what DH works now. So that means either him or his current co-worker is being bumped off that shift. DH called our boss and tried to get him to tell him what schedule he got, but the boss would not say......said he'd call him tomorrow...........So we are all wondering now who is going to what shift. At least I know......lol. OH and guess what? My boss approved my time off for next month too! This is totally freaking me out! Why is he being so nice?? lol. I guess Cristina is right, just enjoy it while I can!!! lol.

Man it was SOOOO Gorgeous on my way into work tonight.......Very tough to go in!!!

Mindee -- Mmmmmm Cupcakes!!! Actually I saw a recipe for some really "interesting" cupcakes in one of my magazines. You decorate them so they look like corn on the cob on top. Kind cool. You even use starburst yellow candy for the "pat" of butter on top! lol. I hope the hearing test goes well! Happy Birthday to the To the Birthday Boys!!!

Cristina -- Yeah DH was a butt-munch yesterday, but in all fairness, he is trying to quit smoking. He is doing good so far, its been 2 days....He is using the Patch, says it works but he has to shave his upper arm in the area where he puts the patch -- otherwise it won't stick!!! lol........Yeah may as well enjoy the boss being nice while I can!!! Your like me, I don't like store bought cakes either! When I was a kid, my mom would ask me what kind of cake I would want and instead of a store bought cake I would say: Grandma to make me one!!! And she always would. I don't even care for icing too much either, unless its my own home-made cream cheese icing.

Suzy Q -- Hey Girlie -- so how do I make exercise a priority in my life? (Cristinas post) I desperately need to know because I haven't and I need too! lol. My problem is I am soooooo tired before and after work because I work such LONG hours and have such a short turn around. I know dumb excuse! lol. I only get 3 15 minute breaks, so really not enough time to go downstairs and walk, by the time I would get down there, I would have to come back up! But soon that will be changing with my shift change, we have to take mandatory lunches, so I'll have an hour to kill, I can go out and get some fresh air and walk. Yeah and good luck "waking me" DH says its like trying to "wake the dead" lol. When I was a kid, my mom would come in tell me its time to get up, I said, "ok", then go back to sleep, she'd come back in, yelling, "ITS TIME TO GET UP!" and I'd sit up say "ok" then lay back down after she left the room. It would take her a few more of those for me to actually get up. lol. I just don't wake up that easily. lol. I need "time" to wake up before "Getting up" lol. DH he can just jump right out of bed. lol. Guess that is from being on the fire dept.

Katy -- The Memory Keepers Daughter was very good and so was "Walk the Line" I don't remember if I saw Crash or not?? Sounds familar but can't remember off hand. Glad you and your mom had a great time. Awww Thereapaws........ Aw massage.........enjoy!!! I haven't had one since my car accident that resulted in my spinal injury back in 95! lol.

Francie -- Aww sorry Fonzo is leaving so soon. Birdwatching w/ your cat.......that is cute. My cat loves bird watching too. DH actually bought him a "Beach Birds" DVD. He likes it but he likes his "Sunrise Earth" programs better. lol. But he's not "Spoiled" or anything..... lol......When we had a house, I used to put out bird feed, omg they just loved the kind with the fruit and nuts and it smells so good too! But it is kinda pricey! So I'd buy a bag of that and the regular and mix it in together. Another thing I would do is save my grease and freeze it and in the winter time, you can either melt it and add your bird seed and re-freeze it then put it out for them, or put it out with some bird seed, basically make your own suet, which they absolutely love. But you have to of course put it out when its colder, otherwise it will just all melt. lol.

Big Everybody!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 10:54 PM   #22  
I was born this way hey!

Susan~I would love for my old friends to admit that I was right..lol. But they're hot headed, so that would never happen, lol.

Sassy~My cats are seriously obsessed with bird watching now, lol. That is so cute that your cat has a dvd, lol. Only one of my cats likes to watch tv. She likes anything with action and Sex & The City. Which is a different kind of action, lmao!! J/k!! Tomorrow we're gonna go out and find a pine cone and put peanut butter & bird seed all over it. We're gonna do it up kindergarden style, lol.

Anyhoo...my show is about to start..so I gotta go make my popcorn and get some more water. BBL
Old 04-24-2008, 12:28 AM   #23  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Francie -- My cat actually has 2 DVD's! lol. We bought a "Cat Sitter" DVD a long time ago that has birds, squirrels, rats, fish, etc on that you can loop for your kitties to watch over and over again! Hmmmmmm pine cone and pb and bird seed, eh? Is it the all natural PB? lol........

Old 04-24-2008, 12:29 AM   #24  

we went to B's hearing test and it went okay.

The ENT called us into the room, and started to ask some questions. Before the exam even started, he asked how often he had ear infections. I told him that I didn't know exactly how many but when we lived with my parents he had a lot since they smoke. But now that nobody smokes in our house, he hasn't had that many. He then went about looking in B's ears.

He said that B has fluid in his right ear with some scar tissue. He then checked B's left ear, and said that he had some scar tissue in there. Then he checked in his mouth. He had to ask B if he had Clifford in his mouth in order to get B to open wide enough. B did, and the ENT said that his tonsils were +1, whatever that means. But he did also add that they looked good.

Then we went back out into room and waited for the audiologist to come and get him. They went off into a different room, and the guy came back and looked at me and said "they will call you back over in a minute." So, when I heard that I knew that it probably wasn't going to be good news.

The ENT called us back over and said that he recommends getting B into an ENT to take care of the fluid in his ear. He said that they might give him either a nasal spray or an antibiotic to help with the fluid. And if either of those don't help with the fluid, then he will more then likely need to get tubes in. He also told me basically what it sounds like to B in his right ear......the way he described it was if B was under water or if he had stuck his finger in his ear.

So, now I get to call the list of doctor's that they gave me to see if any of them take B's insurance. I am hoping that the ENT that saw him today takes his insurance since B was really comfortable with him.

Francie~ I love watching birds too.......but I usually watch them with my three little kiddies. Our cat doesn't get too interested in them....she has more fun sleeping all over the house!

SusieQ~ That sounds like my kids! They do that all the time! I usually just put their food that they had on their plates off to the side for when they are hungry. Although, we had lasagna for dinner for Brandon's birthday, and both boys ate like they hadn't eaten in days! Tommy asked me if I had fed them and I told him that I did.

As for birthday clarifications.......the 23rd (yesterday) was Brandon's birthday........the 24th (today) is Marissa's birthday!

Thanks for the birthday wishes for Brandon guys! He had a great birthday! We gave him his Cars watch and he had to put it on immediately! Of course, we had to buy Logan one too since we knew he would be right there waiting for something for him. We had lasagna and garlic bread for dinner on Wednesday for Brandon's birthday. I asked Marissa was she wanted for dinner for her birthday and her response was "hisssssssssss" which is what she does when she is trying to blow raspberries. So, I will probably make her some mashed potatoes or something for lunch........not really sure what we will have for dinner as of yet.

Sassy~ Those cupcakes sound cute! I saw a picture of an interesting cupcakes. I want to make them sometime! This lady on another board that I post on, took six different colors and mixed them into six different cake mixes. Then she took a little bit of each color and put them all into and then cooking them. They turned out so cool and I could see using them for a spring or summer event!
Old 04-24-2008, 01:34 PM   #25  
I was born this way hey!

Good morning everyone!! Why so quiet in here???

Sassy~That is just too funny that your cat has dvds, lol. I bet if I told Fonzo about that, he'd wanna get our cats some dvds, lol. They are too spoiled!! I dunno if the peanut butter is natural. To be honest, I've only done it one time, lol..and that was in kindergarden. But I remember the birds went crazy for it after we hung it up. I guess its kinda like a ghetto bird feeder, lol.

Mindee~Happy Birthday to Marissa!!!!
Old 04-24-2008, 01:44 PM   #26  
kitty Momo

Good Morning Chicks!!

Mindee- Wow, you had your kids a day apart? You rock! haha, jk.

to little Brandon, poor guy. Hope you guys are ok on the insurance coverage!!!

HaPpY BiRtHdAy to Marissa!!!!

Sassy - You are asking me about exercise?? lol Umm, in my past I was an Exercise Queen. I think the trick is to realize YOU are the most important thing and everything else that may seem important (I am not saying your job or your husband) isn't really. If you don't take care of yourself, who is??
Hmmmm, answer me!! lol
So, I think once you make exercise a part of your life it does become easier, you pretty much have to do it or you get chipmunkie. Kind of like sex. lol Yippeee to your Friday!!!

Francie - I am just reading between the lines in the email. I am sure when she says I didn't really mean the things that were said translates to "omg - how could I have been so wrong Susan?? I hope you can find in your heart to truly forgive me and let me leave all my worldly goods to you, even before I die!!" lol

I am thirsty!! I decided to be stricter in counting my calories and make it a habit to read labels.
This morning instead of going to Noah's I went to the store and bought bagels and turkey and ate 1/2 a bagel (115 cal) and some turkey (80 cal) and a small banana (thinking 100 cal ?) So, 295 cal so far for the day.

I developed those desposable cameras and they were of Gab's trip to Encanated Forest and the other one was from our trip to Hawaii.

omg - I was hefty! I stared at my legs in some tight capris, it must have been at least 30 pounds ago. I made it my before picture and taped it to the fridge.

Totally annoyed w/ American Idol!! With all the running around I let Gab stay up and watch. I was upset w/ Carly going, how wrong was that?? It was VERY wrong. So, they call her name and I say BS and Gab starts to cry that she loves Carly, it hurts her heart, she is going to miss her...."...omg, Gab has never even seen the show beofre, poor tyke. So, I calmed her down and got her into bed.

better get!! chat more later maybe!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-24-2008 at 01:44 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:50 PM   #27  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

I'll be back. I know, why even bother posting to say this, lol. Didn't figure I would have so much reading to catch up on...you ladies were busy bee's with the posting.

I'll be back later though for sure to catch up.

Have a good day!
Old 04-24-2008, 04:46 PM   #28  

popping in here while the boys argue over a truck and Marissa enjoys some yummy crackers!

SusieQ~ Yup, I am that talented that I had them a day apart. I am even more talented since all three of my kids are 18 months apart from the one before them, and all together I had them in a time span of three years and a day!

Another lovely little tidbit, I actually sat down and figured out that I have been pregnant every year since July of 2003 until April of 2007! (Isn't that just lovely on the body?)

I have a TON of rolls of film that I am going to push to getting developed when we get the check from the government. There are rolls from back when Brandon was a baby! So, it will be lovely to look and see how I have changed body wise since then!

Francie~ Thanks for the birthday wishes for her! I love the new picture!

Cristina~ How are you doing?
Old 04-24-2008, 05:25 PM   #29  
kitty Momo

Afternoon,

Mindee- I love pictures! I really need to organize and get them all into photo albums. When the R's were little I did such a good job of it but after seperating w/ the ex all went to pots. You are a very talented lady!!

Cristina- I don't mind the "I'll be back" it's the " I smell and need a shower" that grosses me out. lol

I am up to 635 cal for the day. I had a lunch of chicken tenderloin, green beans and cottage cheese for 340 cal , added to the 295 cal for breakfast =635 total so far. I am aiming for 1200 min and 1500 max.
I was going to have a Mothers cookie english tea, looked at the label and it 90 cal a cookie.
You need at least 5 to make it worth my time and that would have been way too much misc calories.
So, I skipped that and felt pretty good.

Knowledge is Power! Power to the People!! lol

I am almost done w/ Goodnight Nobody with nothing in sight to read. I hope I get a book in tomorrow!!

Swimming tonight , otherwise all is quite here.

Hello to everyone!
Old 04-24-2008, 09:57 PM   #30  
I was born this way hey!

OMG!! You guys check out this video. Its a Turkish man belly dancing!! LoL!! I like how he shakes his tush at the end, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkGdS0u47BY

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 04-24-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Closed Thread