Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 10:34 PM   #31  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya Chickies...

FRANCIE...I didn't know which video it was...I did look at a couple though, lol. I'm not sure what # book I am on...thinking it is 24, or 25???? I can't remember...too many other things on my mind. I would have to look at my list...thank goodness for lists! Hey, you guys laugh about dvds for cats but when I put ernie dog in the bedroom when someone is over I turn the t.v. on for him. DIL to be thought I was crazy, lol. He likes to have some kind of noise whether it be the tv or radio, lol.

SASSY...see above what I wrote to Francie, lol. I don't care for frosting either. I like plain choc or white cupcakes, lol. DH always says the frosting is the best part, eh...whatever. Hey, there are some exercises that you can do while sitting at your desk...not sure where I saw them.

SUSAN...I would rather just do them all myself...that way they all look the same, lol. Charlotte did offer to come over and help, of course that was a few weeks ago. I told her if I needed some help I would give her a call. Too close to the wedding now and I know she has a zillion other things to do. DD refuses to help, lol which is fine. I actually don't mind. I have half of them done now. If I go and let the dog out I'll stand there while he is out and do a couple so today I think I got about 15 done. Sounds like you are doing well with the calorie counting missy. I never could do the calorie counting which is stupid because I managed to count points with WW, lol. Basically the same thing. Yeah, wasn't stinky and needed a shower, lol.

MINDEE...a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to both Marissa & Brandon! Boy, the time has gone by too fast, another year older! Hope the insurance covers everything for B.

HIYA JULES, KATY & SUE!

Today was wally world day...not sure why but it was weird. The parking lot was practically empty, definitely less cars than usual. But while in the store there were people everywhere, not sure where they came from, lol. Ran to Hallmark looking for a huge bow for the luggage for J & C...couldn't find one. We bought them a few things on their list but only giving them the set of luggage for the bridal shower. Going to make my own bow out of the netting I have left...not even going to attempt to wrap it. Anyway, while there found a few little things for my mother for mother's day...might as well get it early...have to send it early anyway.

Got in 130 minutes of exercise and I am pooped! No reading I have got to get that stinking book finished!!! Now is not a good time to be reading though...been too busy for some reason and the time I usually read (in the evening) I am too pooped and just want to go to bed. Anyway...tomorrow is another busy one. Have to go to the mall and have my rings checked and cleaned, take a hat back that was a gift for V but is too small and look for a shawl, wrap or sweater ugh! I really do hate shopping.

Have a good evening ladies. I am going to take myself upstairs and possibly get in 30 minutes of reading, maybe a hour. See ya tomorrow!
Old 04-24-2008, 10:53 PM   #32  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Cristina~I tried the link, and it takes me right to the video. Weird. LoL @ the dvd for the dog. I always turn the light on for the cats when I put them in the bedroom, lol. I dunno why, they can see perfectually in the dark, lol.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:41 PM   #33  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Talking Hi Girlies!

Hi Girlies.

Well some news, if anybody is interested......lol. First DH got a phone call about a very very good job this morning. He will have to go for testing in June, then if he gets through, training for 4-6 weeks in Columbus, OH (about 1 1/2 hrs away or so). So that means I will definitely be a "Single Chickie" for at least a month, at least during the week. (he'd come home on weekends) So please, please, please keep your

Next news: DH got his new schedule:
Shift 1B Week 1 Thursday - Saturday 9:00 AM - 9:30 PM
Week 2 Wednesday - Saturday 9:00 AM - 9:30 PM

Now remember mine is the total complete opposite:
Shift 2 B Week 1 Sunday - Tuesday 9 PM - 9:30 AM
Week 2 Sunday - Wed. 9 PM - 9:30 AM

So shall be interesting, not only working opposite days, but opposite SHIFTS as well. I will be working NIGHTS and DH will be on DAYS. Which he did NOT pick on either his 1 or 2 choice. So that explains why my boss has been so nice to me lately!!!! BUTTHEAD!!! But whatever. We know its our evil spawn of satin Boss who is trying to get rid of the ones he does not like and I think he dislikes my husband the most. Why? Because my DH will NOT kiss our bosses behind. The Butt Kissers got the Schedules they wanted of course......... My DH will tell our boss just like it is, he is a real "pain in his side". So I am really surprised our boss is putting DH on Days WITH him!!! lol. DH said he is going to annoy the crap out of our boss! lol. Esp since now he has a potential job lead. But we are keeping it on the down low until after he takes the test at least.....

My cat loves tv. He is a major "couch" potato. lol. He is our "Baby" so he gets what he wants. lol!!!!

DH is making din din. Grilled Chicken with Mushrooms.......

Oh and totally completely off topic, but I wanna scooter.

Anyways, sorry to ramble on............I am sure nobody really cares about my stupid little life.

Well peeps, I'll catch ya'all later.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 04-24-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:13 AM   #34  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping in here before heading off to bed!

there is still a lot of cleaning that has to get done before the party on Saturday, and Tommy told me when he got home from work today that he has to work on Saturday. So, guess who gets to do, pretty much all of the cleaning and what not......you guessed it ME! Mind you, on top of taking care of the kids!
Old 04-25-2008, 09:51 AM   #35  
RosieKate

Sassy - keeping fingers crossed for your DH!
Gonna be a quickie this morning, so HI and (((((HUGS)))) to everyone else today!

I lost a measly .10 pound at yesterday's WI but that's ok with me...pms-ing hard here and all I want is chocolate, mmmmm.

Today I am off to work in the garden at the elementary school so that will be good exercise. Then I need to clean house big time. FIL is babysitting over here tomorrow and my dad is coming for a visit on Sunday. This week has been way tooo busy - I need some R&R.

Cheers

Old 04-25-2008, 09:52 AM   #36  
I was born this way hey!

Sassy~I hope your dh is a real pain to your boss. That is really stupid that only the brown nosers got the schedules they wanted. Next time you see one of them, just tell them that they have some brown stuff on their nose, lol. It sucks that you're gonna be a single lady for a month. But we can be single gals together and paint the town pink!! Or at least the internet pink, lol. But I hope your dh does well on the test!!! I'll keep my for you guys!!

Well..last night I wrote out my workout plan for the next 2 months. It pretty much starts the day Fonzo leaves. Heres how it looks (I wont go into total detail like I did on paper, lol)

Monday: WATP The 3 Mile Walk
Tuesday: TBL Power Sculpt
Wednesday: Core Ball
Thursday: Walk Slim
Friday: 30 Day Shred
Sat: Meditation
Sun: Day of rest (with some light outside walking)

I'm pretty excited about working out now!!

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 04-25-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:09 PM   #37  
kitty Momo

Happy Friday!! (Sassy's Saturday - did I get that right?? )

Like I have said before I am lame and have to use library computers. This young lady is typing away annoying the &^%$ out of me. Not only because she can type faster but she has a cold coffee drink and every few minutes she stops and stirs the damn thing but doesn't sip any....she just goes back to typing.
Why does she have to stir??
Why doesn't she sip some and be done with it??
Maybe she is so jittery she can't stop to drink??

anyway - bzillion questions and no answers, pisses me off.

Cristina - Even with all your hours of exercise you are never stinky and too much of a lady to get on the computer and tell us you are stinky.

I mean I love all you ladies but keep your B.O to yourself , Please!! lmao....

Back to Cristina - Awesome on the 130 minutes!! You seem to have the wedding prep down to a T, I am sure it will be a beautiful day when it finally gets here.

Mindee- Sorry you have to clean all by yourself. You should lean out the window and call the birds and other critters (I wasnt' going to say city rats, ick) to come help w/ the cleaning. Yes, I have watched Enchanted over 10 times and am about to go bonkers.

Sassy - I have written your schedule down. Of course I care about your stupid little life!!! lol............ it is not stupid!! Just seems busy, busy and i try to keep up with it!! Crossing fingers on the husband job opportunities!!
I love mushrooms, I don't cook w/ them as much as I should because the girsl won't eat them, but sounds yummy!!

Francie - I think the writing down helps a lot - both in food and exercise. I am sure you will have success with the workout plan!

Katy - Hope you get some R & R!! Suppose to be mid 60's this weekend, the sun being out should cheer us all up! Going to see former Pres. Clinton tomorrow when he comes in town, just wanna see what he looks like in person!! lol

Hi to Jules & Sue.....is that everyone??

Very happy with the calorie counting! Seemed to help a lot w/ the late night snacking and when I reached 1436 calories I was done eating. I bought a Luna bar and ate 2 pancakes w/ 2 sausage links and 2 red vines. Guessed at the calories but think I was dangerously close to 1500! lol

So, today I get to start all over again!

Gab goes to her fathers tomorrow,so I guess I get a date night w/ McD. We were going to the Pres.Clinton thing and have dinner out, so I have to save a lot of my calories for dinner tomorrow.

Didn't get any exercise in so I will try today! I had nothing to read last night but I see Tending Roses came in today, so I will pick that up for the weekend. It is suppose to be sunny weather so I am soooooo glad.

Chat at you all later!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-25-2008 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:21 PM   #38  
One day at a time

Hiya ladies....

Another busy one and I am pooped...glad I got an early start on the day, sort of. Have I told you how much I hate shopping? UGH!

SUSAN...wish I could meet Clinton too! Went to his library in Little Rock but there were soooo many people we didn't get to take it all in. So planning to do that another time. Enjoy your time with McD! WTG on the calorie counting missy! You crack me up,

KATY...sounds like you are busy as well. Hope you get some r&r soon. WTG on the .10...just remember, it all adds up in the end so any loss is good!

SASSY...I will keep my fingers crossed for hubby. And yes, we do care about your life and it's not stupid!

FRANCIE...I think it was just att.net last night being stupid...it gets in it's moods, lol. I tried it again and it went right to it...ummm, don't know how anyone can do that with their belly, yikes! At first I thought it was a woman...but not bad, lol. Sounds and looks like you have a good schedule worked out for ya. Ditto what Susan said.

MINDEE...sorry you have to clean by yourself. Of course if you are having a party why are you cleaning, lol? Kidding...I know we all want the place to be clean whether it gets messed up or not.

Hiya Jules & Sue Hoping all is well with you ladies.

Did I mention I bought a different dress for the wedding? Lol I did. Haven't gotten it yet, supposed to be today. I didn't really want to wear black after getting the black dress and it is still in the closet with the tags on so if this hot pink one doesn't fit right or I don't like how it looks I will go with the black. Just feel weird wearing black to a wedding even if it is the color. I found a wrap at Penneys, yay and some shoes at David's Bridal...they can dye them for me for like $3 I think she said. I brought them home though to see if I might like them white...if not I will have them dye them as close to the pink to match the dress. Anywho...SUSAN...I will be glad when the wedding is over! Taking too much of my reading time One more week! And next week I think will be more busy than this week ugh!

Did 70 minutes of exercise before leaving this morning and my muscles are aching. Have a 30 mn. dvd to do later and I think I will call it good. For some reason I woke up more tired than when I went to bed. So the exercise was going a little slow but I did it and that's all that matters. Anywhoooo....

Take care ladies, and have a GREAT Friday!
Old 04-25-2008, 04:14 PM   #39  
I was born this way hey!

Susan~I'm a fast typer too..will you hate me now?? I dont do that with my drinks though. LoL!! First of all, I dont even drink coffee, and 2nd, I will actually drink it and not try to look cool, lol. I hope my exercise schedule works. J/w, how many calories are you supposed to be eating??

Cristina~My mom wore a very lovely blue pant suit to my wedding. I actually picked it out (cuz she was taking FoReVeR to make up her mind, lol). And it was on clearance, so she only paid liked $2 for it, lol. It was really pretty..it had some silver beading on it and the pants were kinda flowly. I dunno how to explain it really. I'll try and see if I can find something similar to it. In all the pics I have of her, she's sitting in her wheelchair, so you can see the pants. I actually burried her in that outfit. My grandma thought that was very nice too. Black is very elegant to wear to a wedding. A lot of people wore black to mine..and my bridesmaids wore black dresses. My aunt Charlotte wore cream to her daughter's (my cousin Sarah) wedding. It was kinda like the same outfit my mom wore, just in a different color, lol. Wear something that your comfy in. And even though next week will be super crazy..try to remember every moment. It goes by super fast..and its nice to have those crazy memories, lol.

Well..I just woke up from a nap awhile ago..and omg, I had my 2nd school dream in years. It was crazy. I woke up sweating, lol. I'll have to remember to tell Fonzo all about it when he comes home tomorrow.

Since I already have my workout plan. I'm gonna move on to my diet plan. Is it bad if I just buy Lean Cuisine?? I HATE cooking..especially in the summer when its really hot & stuffy in here. I mean...I'll buy fruits and veggies too..but for dinner, I just want Lean Cuisine. I plan on cutting out sweets. Thats my biggest thing. I'll just have to stock up on a TON of fruit. I think sunday will be my free day to eat chocolate. I cant give up chocolate. I'll be all alone, and will need some kind of comfort, lol. I dunno...maybe I wont give up low fat frozen yogurt either. I gotta think about this some more, lol.

Well..I'm gonna go make some lunch and watch one of the movies from Lifetime that I recorded. Fonzo has duty today, so its my chick flick day!! WooHoo!!

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 04-25-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:20 PM   #40  
kitty Momo

Hee Haw , Back again!

Cristina - 70 minutes of exercise?? You slacking girlfriend!! lol jk,,,,I would be tired too. I am thinking of my future husband and future job so I really don't have time to exercise! lol
Do you have a picture of the dress?? Would love to see!! You would look lovely in anything though

Francie - Yes, I am going to hate you if you type faster! lol Naw, jk. Just don't stir your damn drink and don't use one hand to hold the lid and one hand to hold the cup. Way intense and you aren't even drinking it. Just ruined my morning and it isn't the first time this lady has done that. She is a serial stir....er. How ever you spell that. I think buying LC would be ok!!

Mindee- The Happy Working Song!! If we can't be there to help you clean we can at least sing!!!

All right everyone, time to tidy things up

Come my little friends
As we all sing a happy little working song
Merry little voices clear and strong
Come and roll your sleeves up
So that we can pitch in
Cleaning crud up in the kitchen
As we sing along

And you’ll trill a cheery tune in the tub
As we scrub a stubborn mildew stain
Lug a hairball from the shower drain
To the gay refrain
Of a happy working song

We’ll keep singing without fail
Otherwise we’d spoil it
Hosing down the garbage pail
And scrubbing up the toilet
Ooh!

How we all enjoy letting loose with a little
La-da-da-dum-dum
While we’re emptying the vacu-um
It’s such fun to hum
A happy working song
Oo-ooh
A happy working song

Oh, how strange a place to be
Till Edward comes for me
My heart is sighing
Still, as long as I am here
I guess a new experience
Could be worth trying
Hey! Keep drying!

You could do a lot when you got
Such a happy little tune to hum
While you’re sponging up the soapy scum
We adore each filthy chore
That we determine
So friends even though you’re vermin
We’re a happy working song

Singing as we fetch the detergent box
Or the smelly shirts and the stinky socks
Sing along
If you cannot sing then hum along
As we’re finishing our happy working song!

Ah...wasn’t this fun?

Crap if 3fc doesn't have a Dove in there smilies! Whatever.....I tried.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-25-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:27 PM   #41  
I was born this way hey!

That song will forever be stuck in my head now!! I'm gonna have to watch the movie tonight, LOL!!
Old 04-25-2008, 04:29 PM   #42  
I was born this way hey!

I found the video for it!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb2si7fClqA

I love love love this movie!!!
Old 04-26-2008, 12:21 AM   #43  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

well, today was very productive, if I do say so myself!

I got Brandon on the bus and then it was off to the races to get as much done on my list that I could before I had to get him off the bus! I vacuumed, went through the boys' clothes and pulled out the sweaters and heavy shirts and put them in a bag for now, cleaned the bathroom, cleaned up the toys, cleaned the counters in the kitchen, and I cleaned the fridge. Now, all I have to do before the party is put the toybox and loose toys in the boys room, turn the couch, turn the dining room table, and put the stuff on the porch back down into the basement that needs to go down there.

Then I got Brandon off the bus, to find a note from his speech teacher AND the principal in his backpack. The note from the principal is that a student at the school was diagnosed with MRSA, so we have to watch the kids basically. The note from his speech teacher was in response to a note that I wrote her at the end of March. She told me that they have also noticed a HUGE difference in his speech as well. She also told me that the past 2-3 sessions, he hasn't been wanting to do his part with his words. She told me every thing that she has tried with him and they didn't work, so she was asking if there is anything that we do in order to get him to cooperate.

I am going to send her and his teacher an email about the results from his hearing test, so that they are aware of it. And I am going to hold off on calling the ENT's on the list, and I will ask his pediatrician on the 30th for him to refers us to one. I know I shouldn't wait or delay it, but I know that he has some doctors that he can refers us to, and that I am sure that they work out of a hospital that is closer to us then the other doctor's that are on that sheet.

For some reason both Logan and Marissa were **** bent on NOT going to sleep tonight. So, after I got Brandon to sleep and in bed, I let Logan come out and sit and spend some time with him. We watched some tv and then I put him in his bed right before he fell asleep on me. Then I took Marissa for a walk around the complex three times, and she was still NOT ready to go to bed when we got home. I finally was just able to get her calmed down enough to go back to bed.

I got a call from Wal-Mart today. Tommy had left the information with them, but forgot to leave the names. So, the lady was calling to see if we wanted names on it. I told her that we wanted it to read "Happy 1st Birthday Marissa" and "Happy 4th Birthday Brandon." When she read back the names and spelling, she was glad that she did because she had Brandon spelled Brandan. She then said that it says to do boy girl colors.........so she asked me if pink and blue were okay. I said that it was fine, and now I am really excited and I can't wait to see it! I will have to take pictures of it before every body gets over here!

Did I mention that I managed to walk 7.3 miles on Friday between all the cleaning and walking with Marissa?

Katy~ A loss is still a loss! I have that lousy visitor here as well......although if you were to just meet me, you wouldn't be able to tell! Tommy says that I am not as witchy as I was last month. So, I guess that counts as a compliment!

Francie~ Looks like you have a great starting point with all your workouts! I did a Walk N Tone video the other day with Leslie Sansome, and I am leaning more towards getting her dvd's. I hear her mentioned a lot on here so I might as well try it out since I can easily walk just as well and as I can do other things!

SusieQ~ I will have to get that movie now! If I were to hang out the window, the neighbors might call the cops on me. So, I will just bite my lip and get it all done by myself. The only thing that I really need Tommy's help with doing is putting the boxes on the porch back down in the basement. I can turn the couch and dining room table myself. Heck, I had the couch on its end so I could clean it and I did it by myself!

Cristina~ Funny you mentioned having to clean when the house is just going to get messed up anyways. Tommy was telling me at dinner that we have to put all the toys plus the books in the kids room. I said that the books could stay where they are on the entertainment center. He said that it looked really bad and that we had to put them in the bedroom. I said nobody is going to care if they are there or not! we have three kids, the house isn't going to be spotless! he then said that it matters to him and that I should put them in the cupboards or the drawer on the entertainment center. I said that i would, but there was already stuff in those! And since I will be doing most if not all of the cleaning........it is staying where I put it!

Thanks for that song and the video! Now, if I could just snap my fingers and everything would be done for me I would love that even better!
Old 04-26-2008, 01:11 AM   #44  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Red face Hi Gurls........

Hi Gurls.

This is gonna be short n' sweet n' sassy, like me. lol! Thanks you all for carin' so much about me, the feeling is mutual, guess I've just been a bit down lately , not like I've had any stress or anything like that! lol.
I feel like total crapola!!! I think its either allergies or my sinuses or both! I have been sneezing my head off!! And my head is flipping killing me and I feel congested. I know do I want a little cheese with my whine? lol.

I thought at first it was just all the dust at work that had me sneezin but it continued at home so guess its not work........

Well not much to say.......I'll post more later.

Big
Old 04-26-2008, 12:10 PM   #45  
One day at a time

Good morning...

Okay, so it's not such a good morning. My goodness...who would have thought gaining a dil would add so much stress, ugh! Shoot me now and get it over with.

FRANCIE...well I don't have to worry about it now because the wedding was postponed. So I have plenty of time to get in the dress if it doesn't fit and get the shoes dyed the right color. I saw a picture of your mom on your myspace but wasn't looking at what everyone was wearing, lol. Looks like you guys had a nice wedding.

SUSAN...too cute about the song and the lady at the library...what is up with that? Here's a picture of the new dress, lol
http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/s...006&R=02656940
Here's the black one...
http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=50434&CatID=51368&GrpTyp=SIZ&ItemID =13851de&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CmCatId=50434|50444| 51368
I like both but now that the wedding will be in July I think I like the pink better, decisions, decisions.

SASSY...hope you get to feeling better

MINDEE...have fun today! So what kind of cake did you get? Hope it looks good and tastes even better, lol.

Hi to everyone else

Even though I feel like crap I am happy to say that I am down 1 pound, woohoo! I worked hard for that darn measely pound! anywho...going to get some reading done today. Chat later
Closed Thread