Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 12:58 AM   #91  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

well, our day of many appointments is over with!

the kids had a recertification appointment at 2pm. the kids all did well, which was great! Brandon is 38 inches tall, and 35 1/2 pounds. Logan is 34 1/4 inches tall, and 28 1/2 pounds. Marissa is our little petite girl at 28 inches tall, and 21 1/2 pounds!

Logan refused to stand up to get weighed, so we tried him in the little chair that they have and he refused that as well. we finally got him to stand up by showing him a Ramone sticker that he could have as long as he cooperated. He then fought me to get his height, but we ended up just laying him down to measure him and it was fine. then he needed his iron tested, which didn't even phase the boy!

Next it was Marissa turn, and she was great! she also needed her iron tested and she didn't even cry! Lastly it was Brandon's turn. He walked into the room, took his shoes off, stepped on the scale and then stood to get his height measured. he didn't need his iron tested, so that was a good thing. they all got stickers and off we went!

Then we had Brandon and Marissa's check ups. Those went great too, until it came time for the shots!

Logan was a little bit of something let me tell you! That boy was bouncing off the falls, trying to jump off of the doctor's stool like he wouldn't get hurt! (mind you he did this twice!)

Marissa went first, and she was enjoying it. She even sat on the doctor's lap and smiled while he listened to her chest/heart. She was fine the whole time.....until he started to rub the alcohol prep pad on her thigh, and then she wasn't really happy! Boy was she so mad! He gave her the first two shots in the left leg, and she got so mad that her face started to turn purple! I got her to breath by blowing in her face, just in time to get the third shot in her right thigh. From then on, she was daddy's girl!

Then it was Brandon's turn for his part of the check up. They pretty much already did his full check up two weeks ago when we were in there. The pediatrician checked his ears and mouth. He is writing the referral for Brandon to see an ENT! His receptionist/nurse is going to call me with the appointment date and time by Friday. (it is open enrollment with the kids insurance, so the receptionist/nurse is going to check and see if they plop them into an insurance company or if I am going to have to call and place them in one)

He also gave us the all clear to take Marissa off formula completely, and to start her on more solid foods. He said that she can now have chicken, meat, eggs, peanut butter, and pretty much anything that we are eating, she is allowed to have. I mentioned to him that we have been trying to get her fully on milk bottles, but if she takes more then 4 ounces at one time she just ends up getting diahrea (sp?). He told us just to give her the four ounce bottles and eventually see if she will work up to more. But for now, since she is growing proportionately then he isn't worried about it!

well, here I was worried about the kids getting sick and it looks like I am the one getting sick instead! my throat is sore and I fell asleep on the couch with Brandon. when I woke up, I was all stuffed up.....so I am popping in to check on every one, finishing up my email and then I am taking my butt to bed! Tommy offered to tuck me into bed, and put a pillow over my eyes (because I was getting a headache). But I wanted to make sure that Marissa got up and got a bottle before I did that. And now since she has her sleepy eyes on, while she is drinking her bottle, I am thinking of laying her back down once her bottle is done.

Jules~ I am the type of person that has to please every body. I make sure that every body else is taken care of, and then I just usually leave myself to hang out to dry. So, that is why I took the plunge and jumped in with both feet to start an 8 week challenge that starts on Mother's Day. I have to either walk 10,000 steps or do 30 minutes of physical activity a day in order to meet my goal for the day. I am aiming on the 10,000 steps a day......and to make sure that I reach that, I will have to push myself to go for walks at night, which will count as my 30 minutes of physical activity!

Susie~ I was sad to see Shannon go......but I thought for certain after their rantings last week that they would be let go! As far as AI, I was at a loss for who was going to be let go. I thought Jason was going to go as well, but for some reason they let Brooke go.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:38 AM   #92  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Hi Chicas

Hi Chicas.

Here I am. I have been still feeling like craploa. My stomach keeps feeling really bad, DH seems to think it could be from my pain meds I take for my back, so I have to go to see my dr to give him his blood he's been after me for and I am gonna talk to him about switching not only my pain meds but my anti-depressants as well. The Wellbutrin just doesn't seem to be working anymore like it used too. I've been on it about 2 yrs now.

Well TGIT! Only 5 hrs and 20 minutes left...... Not that I am counting or anything........lol

Our co-worker we currently work with is leaving the co. in two weeks. He got another job, because they moved him to the days schedule and he couldn't afford the pay cut. (he gets 15% more for working nights)

Another lady is moving into my dept from DH's dept, she is fed up with it. I think another lady from my dept is also leaving the co. People are leaving here left and right because of the schedule changes. DH is activly looking, so I am waiting until we see what happens with him.

I need to seriously clean this weekend. I didn't do shinola last weekend due to me being sick. I wish I could take home the cleaning crew that cleans our office building, they'd get it done in no time! Think my co. would notice if I "borrowed" them for an hour or so?

I have just been SO lazy........so I figure I need to get my arse moving and get motivated already! I just feel like I've been in a slump lately. May be my meds too, so I need to get to the dr and quit talking about it. lol.

Francie -- I hope you had a Great B-day!

Mindee reading what you wrote to Jules that describes my husband to a T. He always takes care of everybody BUT himself. I guess that is why he has me, right? I just love your avatar! So cute! So I guess she had a great b-day!

Sue -- So your joining the lightning speed internet club, eh? It is awesome. The only bad part is you get so addicted because its so fast, that you don't get other things done! lol. At least that is what it was like for me when we first got it! I have decided something. I am gonna use part of our Gov't check and get me a bike. It doesn't have to be a brand new one or anything glamorous but I wanna start riding again........I need something.......

Jules -- Hey Girlie, hope your doing well, how's your grand-baby?

Hi Katy -- I am so jealous. I so want a garden. Fresh veggies and what not.......Sigh......Someday. lol

Hi Suzy Q and Crisinta! I almost forgot you gals..... Sorry!!!! Forgive me? lol.

I hope I didn't miss anybody else........if I did just write it up as my brain being mush this time of the morning! lol

Take care all.

I'll post more on the weekend when I am outta this place! lol.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 05-01-2008 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Almost forgot Suzy Q and Cristina!!! lol.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:56 AM   #93  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Just a quick Hello to everyone I'll be back later in the day to do individuals. Fonzo is getting his stuff packed up to go. He leaves in about 2 hours So ya..I gotta go right now. I'll be back laters.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:02 PM   #94  
kitty Momo

Happy May 1st!!!!

Mindee - You are so brave to take all 3 kids to the doctors at once! My goodness. I am glad they are all well , hope you are feeling better today!! I didn't even watch AI last night, I fell asleep w/ Gaby. I would have thought Jason before Brooke. After Carly I have lost interest, I do like David Cook though. As far as Dancing the guy that didn't finish his dance should have been voted off first, at least Shannon completed both dances. She was annoying though with her pouts and always looked like she was going to cry when facing the judges. Blah - blah - I don't know why I even haev an opinion on this stuff!! lol

Francie - Hope Fonzo got off ok and you are having a good Thursday!

Sassy - No, I don't forgive you. I bet you type faster too?? lol -jk.

I took Wellburtin too, took Celexa for awhile I think that worked the best for me. I felt almost normal with that, however that might look. lol Anyway, I hope you enjoy your weekend and have something fun planned besides cleaning!!

Good Morning to Cristina , Katy, Jules and Sue!!

I weighed in at 160.8 this morning! Yay. Now I am starting to wonder if I am eating enough calories?? I average around 1,400, somedays I just hit 1,200. It has helped with the late evening/night munchies though. Anyway, I had 1/2 a bagel this morning w/ turkey - no mustard or cream cheese and a banana.
We are suppose to have sunny weather for the next few days so I will make it a priority to get out and move my butt.

Chat more later!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 05-01-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:14 PM   #95  
I was born this way hey!

Susan~I hope Fonzo left okay..I was really out of it when he said goodbye to me this morning, lol. I emailed him and now I'm just waiting for him to write me back. Congrats on 160!!

Anyways..Sorry I havent been as talkative lately. Hopefully that will change now, lol. My thursday is starting off okay. I had a really good breakfast this monring!! I'm gonna go exercise in a little bit before I eat lunch. Gotta get in some Wii time too!! Woo!!

BBL
Old 05-01-2008, 02:33 PM   #96  
ugggg.....

BBL for individuals...i am at work and REALLY need to get back to it, but I had to share this poem I just got from my fave coworker....

Hooray, hooray,
The first of May.
Outdoor necking
Starts today!

Love you guys...

Last edited by jules1216; 05-01-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:37 PM   #97  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi all...

Nothing going on and really don't have much to say. Did my grocery shopping this morning and a couple other errands...such an exciting day, woohoo.

On the way home I was inspired...been in a mood and getting to where I am tired of exercising, yeah, I know...but I have been forcing myself to do it regardless. But on the way home I see this little old lady and I do mean old...with a walker and oxygen tank...I kid you not...walking down the street. There's a senior apt complex over by that street and I have seen another old lady who could barely stand straight but almost every day she was walking. This morning though I saw that lady and thought if that's not inspiration to stay motivated I don't know what is. There's no excuse for me to not exercise especially after seeing that little old lady just struttin' along. I hope I am her when I get that old.

Good to see you posting Jules.

Susan...good job on the 160...I need some of your mojo. I was looking at all my calendars from Jan-April and it's sad that I started at 186, lol...such the joke. But you are doing an awesome job!

Francie...hugs to you! I know you are missing Fonzo already And stop reading so much so I can catch up, lol.

Hi to everyone else

Did most of my exercise this morning...still hating the Denise Austin but I know it's good for me. I may not be losing much but my body is changing and I love the muscle...never thought I would but I do! I have more to do and will get it done later. Going to have to do a Susan and start counting calories or go back to WW...need to do something to get this weight going again. Anywho...

Have a great Thursday!
Old 05-01-2008, 02:38 PM   #98  
One day at a time

That is a cute poem Jules, lol. Forgot to mention also that I love the avatar. Little Nick is getting so big already! Love the face on the butt!
Old 05-01-2008, 02:58 PM   #99  
kitty Momo

Cristina - What is mojo?? Sounds like mayonaise. lol I have always liked the thought of WW but the point thing always confused me. Counting the calories and forcing myself to read labels is a great help. I am waiting for sunny weather to exercise...just with the clouds and cold I don't want to go outside. *wah. Anyway - you are my inspiration with the exercise, don't let me down!! And remember it has taken me a year to go from 206 to 160.8, and some months I was stalled. Just have to keep plugging along!!

Jules- Cute poem always a nice when you come in and chat!!

Francie - What do you mean you were out of it?? lol You should have been standing at attention at the door saying good bye to Fonzo!! jk.....now you have the place to yourself!!

I better go get my Gaby. My friend is coming from Utah in June, I don't know how I am going to entertain her but she wants to come out and see Portland. So I am excited about that.

k- fooled around enough!! Chat later.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:04 PM   #100  
I was born this way hey!

Jules~What a cute little poem!! TFS!!

Cristina~I'm a bookworm..I cant help it, lol. I'm on book 32 or 33 right now. I cant remember. I just started one yesterday.

Susan~I fell asleep around 3am, and he didnt want to wake me up. It was better that way. If I had watched him leave, I probably would've had a break down or something.

Speaking of breakdowns..lol..Fonzo emailed me this "I'll be coming home again to you love, until the I do love. PS I love you..You You You." Ya..that pretty much opened up the flood works, lol. That song ALWAYS makes me cry.

Anyhoo..time for some lunch. I have Subway!! Woohoo. Gonna go eat my sub and watch..Farmer Wants A Wife. I'm gonna rot my brain with reality tv this summer. (Although, So You Think You Can Dance, ****'s Kitchen, Paradise Hotel & America's Next Top Model are pretty much my fave reality shows, lol.)

OH YA!! I totally freaked myself out a few mins ago. I was walking towards the bathroom..and I saw that the bedroom door was closed. I honestly do not remember closing it. But I thought maybe I put one of the cats in there..but nope..they were all in the living room sleeping, lol. So in my mind I was thinking that some evil man was waiting for me in my bedroom. So I grabbed one of the cats and threw her in the room first. She just went in like it was so big deal. I checked the closets..and when I was standing by closet..I had this feeling like, what if some hands reaches up for me from under the bed!! Omg, I was so freaked out, I couldnt look under the bed, lol. But the cats were in there..and I figured if they saw something weird under there, they would bolted from the room, lol. Anyways..so then I go into the bathroom..and I'm even more freaked out now, lol. So I grabbed the whip out of the bedroom (ya, dont even say anything about that..it was part of my halloween costume from last year!!). I opened the door all slowly..and the door is blocked. I was all thinking..omg, he's in here!!!!!!!! But no, it was just clothes blocking the door, lol. I checked behind the shower curtain too and opened it up all the way too. I'm sooooooooooooooooooooo paranoid now!! LoL!!!!! This is what being alone does to me, lol.

And I have to laugh at myself..because I'm from West Phx. Its pretty ghetto there. There would be helicopters shinning their lights into our yard every couple of days looking for someone. I used to stay home alone ALL the time. But now that I live on base..where its all gated, you need an ID just to get on base. I'm all freaked out. I dont get it.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 05-01-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:13 PM   #101  
One day at a time

Susan...mojo...if you want it to be mayonnaise it can be, lol. I guess I was thinking mojo being your motivation, your power, what ever you want to call it on losing weight because whatever it is you are doing is working and I need some of that. I don't plan on quitting but I get in my moods where I want to because I don't know what the point is and I just want to ig: out darn it! And not on salad or veggies or brown rice or anything good for me, waaaahhhh! Wishing I was one of these people who can eat and eat and eat anything they want and never gain a pound. My brother is like that and I had a friend in Jr. High/High School who was like that. The girl was purposely eating badly and trying different things to gain weight and couldn't...lucky her. Anyway...can you tell I'm in a mood, lol.

I am sure it doesn't matter what you and your friend do, just enjoying each other's company will be nice enough.

Hope you have a great day!
Old 05-01-2008, 03:19 PM   #102  
One day at a time

FRANCIE....you are funny girlie! Sorry for laughing but I do that too. It freaks me out when I think that I know I closed something. Sometimes I see shadows, or I think I see shadows, lol. I always keep the shower curtain closed (used to always have them open) but DD will open them partway because she freaks thinking someone might be in the shower.

Enjoy your Subway (sounds good) and lots of hugs to you. I know you are missing Fonzo. At least you guys have e-mail!
Old 05-01-2008, 05:22 PM   #103  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just stopping by to see how every body is doing.....

Brandon is now coughing, so I am trying to stay on top of him with medicine. BUT it is hard to do when he fights me tooth and nail about taking it! Marissa has some congestion, so I am staying on top of that too with medicine! I have been popping cough drops since I got up this morning, and so far so good!

Sassy~ The only time that I was more focused on myself was when I was pregnant, and I had no choice but to focus more on myself and the little one I was cooking! I would love to have a cleaning crew come and clean my house, BUT I know that I would end up looking for something and then tearing the house apart trying to find it!

Francie~ I am sorry to hear that Fonzo had to ship out.

SusieQ~ Tommy was going to sit in the van with Logan, while we were at the doctor's office but like any other 2 year old, Logan told daddy no! I too, thought that Jason would have left before Brooke. The past two weeks, he has just sounded the same and hasn't really ventured out into anything out of the box so to speak. I think David Cook will win it!

I will have to come back later to check in again.....Brandon and Logan are enjoying some ice cream....and Marissa is enjoying a bottle!
Old 05-01-2008, 08:02 PM   #104  
I was born this way hey!

Cristina~When I was little..I used to be terrified of taking showers, because I thought I would go down the drain, lol. My mom had to put her foot over the drain to show me that I wasnt gonna go down it..LOL!! I dunno..I just remembered that while I was taking a shower, lol. If the shower curtain is closed, I usually have Fonzo open it up in case theres someone standing in there with a knife, lol. Also, I hate closing my eyes to wash my face. Because I think that when I look up, there will be a clown behind me with a knife. Why a clown?? I have no idea. Probably because they scare me the most, lol.

Mindee~The sucks that Brandon & Marissa are sick

Oh ya..I weighed myself today, and I lost 6 pounds!!!

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 05-01-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:26 PM   #105  
ugggg.....

Francie--when I was little I was so scared riding in the car going across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge I got on the floor and covered up with my blankie. I am 42 years old and STILL can't drive across it though I don't have to close my eyes anymore.

Mindee--we are having so much fun with Dominic. His first tooth is thru and the next one is coming. I was a big Brooke fan, I love acoustic music. Ry downloaded acoustic versions to a lot of great songs for me. I actually like Jason though I knew neither would win. I look for it to be an all boys final with David Cook winning it all. I don't get the whole David Archuleta thing, yes he sings awesome and is a really cute kid but he doesn't have the it factor for me.

SuzyQ--I have watched a few Dancing with the Stars shows. Kristy Yamguchi was one of my favorite skaters. She's doing really well but then the skating give her and edge with being graceful and knowing how to get the most out of a movement.

Cristina--I since I started walking I am starting to get more energy and I sleep alot better. You are doing so great!!

Sassy-I don't know if I want the cleaning crew from my office to come clean my house they are getting ready to let them go cause they are so bad...I can't believe that they put you and hubby on such opposite shifts. With gas prices so high it's nice to ride together besides the fact that you would actually get to spend off time together and even sleep together!

Hi Sue & Katy..I got my Grey's Anatomy fix and now I am off to bed..just wanted to do a quick post!!

Goodnight girls!!
Closed Thread