Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 11:30 PM   #106  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

we have had two busy days; the temps have warmed up so we went out for a longer walk (ski-walking). I went a bit further, but paid a bit today. Spent yesterday afternoon playing with my digital camera and my the pics I took over February: my newest hobby. Today was our shopping and errand day here; we had lovely weather for it too.

2BEAUTIFUL ~ on the weightloss; that's quite a lot. We do live in Ontario, but we don't watch TV much; mostly listen to the radio or catch what news I choose to select on the internet about once a week, so we missed that bit, but that's OK; we are not that affected personally.

MEOW ~ hope you are feeling better soon ...

Had a tiring day; off to bed folks, so take good care ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-29-2008 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:25 AM   #107  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Well . . . here I am at 2:30 am . . . can't sleep, so thought I'd say a quick HELLO to everybody.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:18 PM   #108  
Onward and Downward

Just finished watching the W-Five documentary about the screw-ups with a certain Gyn at Toronto's Scarborough General. If you are in the Toronto area you should try to catch this program if they rerun it.

Here's a link to the online version . . . http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...0229?hub=WFive

Scarey, scarey stuff. Really hit home for me because I had my tubes done at Scarborough General -- well over 30 years ago and by a different surgeon -- but the report still made shivers run down my spine.

The bottom line is that it is time we, the patients, got more information about the track records of our surgeons and the surgical departments at our hospitals so we can make more informed decisions about surgery.

Watch the program, gang.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:12 PM   #109  
Rosebud

HELLO EVERYONE ~ we had another gorgeous day today, so I had fun playing with my digital camera again, trying to get bird pics. It takes hours of patience, just to get a couple of good pics, but I love it, just the same ~ lol!

MEOW ~ caught your link in the general chatter thread; as I stated there, I definitely think surgeons with bad track records like that should be pulled off their rosters sooner: to me, one mistake is too many!!! Some hospitals have an open policy, where all staff and patients can report any mistakes: both great and small.

HOPE you all have a great weekend! ROSEBUD
Old 03-02-2008, 12:16 AM   #110  
Losing the weight in 2008

S/C/G: 258/ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone
2 Beautiful: Congratulations on hitting the 100's. I can't wait. It seems like forever since I was there. I remember how depressed I was when the scale read 195. I thought - Dear God, I'm almost 200 lbs! Now I can't wait to be "just" 200 lbs!
Meowee: I didn't catch that show but will have a look - scary as it sounds.
Justwant2b: Hope you enjoyed taking bird shots. I enjoyed watching them today too. My 2 huge overweight (family trait) cats laid out in the yard watching them too - far to chubby to actually do any damage, but meowing about it just the same. I weeded the flower beds while my 2 year old picked me crocus and snowdrops. Spring is coming people!!!
Old 03-02-2008, 10:30 AM   #111  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

That stupid nasty LION is still roaring around here in northern Nova Scotia. No bird watching or flower bed weeding going on around here.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:37 AM   #112  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Fellow CountryWomen! LOL

I just found this thread so thought I'd drop in and say hello!

I'm in Calgary and love the idea of being able to swap...especially food finds...with everyone here.

I see all these great products mentioned and then realize that they're only available down south. I do have the benefit that my mom and sister live in Kansas City so a lot of the stuff (providing it's not refrigerated) they can ship to me. I get a lot of my SlimFast products sent up to me from them as the US products have less sugar, etc. and wayyyy more choices. I also sometimes order stuff online and have it shipped to them to send to me. But again, it's not an easy thing to do all the time so I like the idea of getting ideas from other Canadians.

Hope to get to know everyone soon, and have a terrific day!

Cheers,
Tamara
Old 03-03-2008, 11:00 AM   #113  
Onward and Downward

Hi TAMARA . . . to the group.

My eldest son and his family are in Alberta -- Cold Lake area. How's your weather these days?

We actually have today. So I must get myself out to play and run some errands before our next storm comes along.

Have a great day everybody . . .
Old 03-03-2008, 11:29 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

Well I've been MIA for a few days. I was very sick and spent the weekend in hospital. Feeling much better now! I really missed 3FC!!

Justwant2: do you work? I'm surprised you didnt't here about family day. We don't have a tv at all. But DH had the day off and all the stores around us were closed and had signs posted the wek b4 plus I heard it on 1010.

Healthy mama : I knwo what you mean abotu just wanting to get to 200 lbs when before that seemed big. I was just so happy to be 199.

Tamara!!
Old 03-03-2008, 01:31 PM   #115  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Hello Canadian Chickies!

I did not know this forum existed until I saw it mentioned in Introductions (I am still finding it hard to find the places where I had posted ..... there are so many different forums at 3FC!

I am in s-w Ontario and I joined a month ago. I bought a treadmill and I am very determined to walk (and later jog) my extra lard away.

Does anybody shop at Zehrs (that's a local name for Loblaws)? They have these wonderful cinnamon raisin bagels (whole wheat) - they are from the PResident's Choice Blue Menu program - I find them terrific. They are much smaller than their regular cin. raisin bagels (those that they make in store) and each is only 160 calories. They are less sweet than the regular variety yet still sweet so when I have a craving for something sweet, I often have one of those bagels (with a bit of margarine). It safisfies my cravings and at the same time it is like a small meal. $2.49 for a bag of 6 bagels.

Just wanted to share.

Edited to add that I believe Canadian SuperStore, No Frills and similar stores would probably have them too.

Last edited by Tomato; 03-03-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:35 PM   #116  
Onward and Downward

Hi TOMATO . . . We've got Atlantic Super Store which is also part of the Loblaws chain. So much of their blue menu stuff is really good, although I haven't tried the bagels. I avoid most starches because I'm diabetic and try to get most of my carb allotment from fruit and veggies rather than grains of any kind. I do, however, have a serving of President's Choice Fibre First cereal most mornings with some skim milk and some fruit.

Oh, BTW, you can subscribe to threads and that will make them easier to find. At the top of the thread you will see a little box called "thread tools". Click on that and then click on "Subscribe". Then you can go to USER CP (at the left end of that long navigation bar at the top of the forum page) when you sign in and the first thing you will find is a listing of your subscribed threads that have been active since you last looked at them. Then you can just click on the one you want and you'll be taken to the first unread post -- very handy.

Oh wow, 2BEAUTIFUL, you certainly did not have a fun weekend . . . so glad to hear that you are feeling okay again . . .

Well, gang . . . it's just about bedtime for me . . . see you tomorrow.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:59 PM   #117  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Thanks, meowee, for the tip re subscribing to forums. That will make my life easier.
I buy the PC Fibre First cereal myself and also PC Bran Flakes. I actually mix three different kinds - mostly it is the above two plus a little bit of the Triple Berry cereal (I think from General Mills), but only a little - I like the fruit but not so much the sugar content.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:51 PM   #118  
Onward and Downward

Old 03-04-2008, 04:47 PM   #119  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi meowee & 2beautiful: Thanks for the warm welcome! Also Hello to Tomato! I'm a newbie to this thread as well, but not to 3FC. I've been coming here for about 10 months...best support in the world IMHO!

I have the Real Canadian Superstore here in Calgary (part of the Loblaw's chain) and although I haven't tried the PC Blue Line yet, I think I just may since you all seem to enjoy it. I like the idea of getting bagels that aren't so calorie/fat dense.

Meowee: You said you had family in Cold Lake. Are they in the Military? I don't think I know anyone from Cold Lake that isn't. LOL I work for a defense contractor in Calgary and lots of the guys here were at one time or another in Cold Lake. One of my coworker's daughter and her fiance live there and are getting married in August there. The coworker is ex-military as well.

Our weather here is funny. Like last week we were +14 on Tuesday and then woke up Wednesday to 2cm of snow! LOL Gotta love the prairies! Today is kind of chilly (about -2) and we're getting a bit of fluries...but it's getting sunny and we're supposed to be up to +10 again by Thursday or Friday. Bizarro weather in Calgary...they say if you don't like it wait 5 minutes.

Tomato: My favorite cereals are Multi-Grain Cheerios w/ fresh cut strawberries and skim milk and also All Bran Guardian when I want something really sweet. Both are tasty and fit well into my program. I know a fellow at work that mixes three cereals every day. He used to be overweight and he's french so he ate fairly rich foods (according to him) and then he had a heart attack last March (he's only in his 40's) and that was it. He started eating better, doing the treadmill at work every day and has lost like 70lbs. He looks great except just like a typical guy all of his clothes are practically hanging off of him now.

I told my mom that and she laughed because so many women we both know have clothing in like size 10 & 12 & 14 and sometimes even 16 or 18's as well. That way we can gain or lose and still have clothes that fit. Silly as it seems it's working for me since I don't have to buy ALL new clothes because I'm fitting into some that I haven't worn in years.

Anyhow have a great day everyone!
Tamara
Old 03-04-2008, 11:55 PM   #120  
Rosebud

to all our newbies ~ TLEEF and TOMATO !!! I have been tres busy lately; went to town today to pick up an order and do some errands. We had a gorgeous sunny day; it was a bit colder, but still very nice.

TLEEF ~ we get a lot of the BLUE MENU products here too; and I'm trying as many as I can. We are somewhat limited being in a small town, but we get enuff of everything to make do. I alternate my BF: one day eggs & toast; one day cereal with skim milk; and one day a bagel with peanut butter. Our weather is rather unique to our area as well; we say 'if you wanna know what the weather will be like ~ just look outside!!! LOL!

2BEAUTIFUL ~ I came on the net, so that I can keep in touch with my family and the world. It's been a fun learning experience; and I discovered this wonderful place by accident. We live way, way up north, up by the JAMES BAY AREA (the bay dangling down from the Hudson Bay), in the country, outside of a very small town. We love the quiet, peaceful, serenity here.

TOMATO ~ I like the smaller whole wheat cinnamon bagels too; they make a nice quick breakfast. My sugars are OK, so I can eat whole grains daily. I also mix my cereals: whole wheat shreddies and blue menu bran flakes.

HEALTHY MAMA ~ We're still buried in snow up here; no gardening for us yet either. Know exactly how you feel about those numbers. It's odd to hear someone say that they want to throw in the towel when they already weigh a lot less than me ... LOL!

MEOW ~ glad Mr. Sunshine finally came your way again! Gotta take advantage of the good ones ...

Have a great week, ladies ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-05-2008 at 12:21 AM.
Closed Thread