Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 11:29 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

We also had good weather today. I took DD for a long walk so I got some exercise in!
Old 02-24-2008, 07:42 AM   #92  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Whoopee . . . we've got the sunshine today . . . thanks a bunch Ontario . . .
Old 02-24-2008, 06:14 PM   #93  

Is anyoen here from PEI?
Kind of random but it is the only province I have never been to. (Haven't been to any of the territories either) and I really am hoping to plan a trip there this summer with the kids so I thought I woudl get some in put.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:43 PM   #94  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

We woke up to glorious sunshine too; but the clouds had rolled in by dinnertime. They are calling for more snow for the next two days, but we'll see, as we don't always get what they forcast. Had a lovely Sunday; homemade cream of vegetable soup with baked bread: great for a winter day.

2BEAUTIFUL ~ I always thought it might be nice to do that 'VIA ACROSS CANADA' railway excursion. Maybe someday, if my health gets better and the price is right ...

Take good care all; ROSEBUD
Old 02-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #95  

they are calling for 10 cm!! I hate snow!!

We looked into via but it is so expensive so I think we are going to drive which will be nice for DH cause he's american so he has never seen any of the oter provinces.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:41 PM   #96  
Onward and Downward

Old 02-25-2008, 04:13 PM   #97  
Losing the weight in 2008

S/C/G: 258/ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Default Where's Our Holiday!

Hello everyone - hope you all enjoyed Family Day/Louis Riel Day/Etc.. Us BC'ers had to struggle through yet another long, dark Feb. with no holiday
The good news is that I'm down another 2lbs and have even started running on the treadmill at the gym (2 minute intervals mind you). Also, us Southern Islanders have been enjoying the most gorgeous long stretch of sunny, warm weather! I've been in the garden weeding and planning for the season to start. My snowdrops and crocus' are blooming and it looks an awful lot like spring out there! (yes, I am gloating - but y'all had a HOLIDAY!) Can't wait to show off some skin this year
Old 02-25-2008, 08:59 PM   #98  
Rosebud

HEALTHYMAMA ~ I have relatives who live in BC somewhere (aunt/uncle; cousins). Many times we have fancied about living there where the temps are so much milder; but I do know that you have a lot more rain & humidity than we do (the trade off would be worth it though). My grandparents used to live there too; after my dear, sweet grandmother passed away, my grandfather came back home to Northern Ontario.

2BEAUTIFUL ~ I understand the desire to drive and see the country at your own pace; we've always done it that way too in the past. It is much more economical too, esp for a family.

I didn't realize it was a holiday today; I think the Louis Riel day was in Manitoba. Where was the family day held??? Not sure of that one. We had a busy day today; it started out with a few light fluffy snowflakes and turned out to be gorgeously sunny and warm, so I did get to go out and do some SKI-WALKING today (for about 30 minutes or so).

Have a great week ROSEBUD
Old 02-26-2008, 11:41 AM   #99  
Onward and Downward

Just a quick Still feeling yucky.

Nova Scotia didn't have a holiday either but I thought that Ontario had Family Day?
Old 02-26-2008, 12:33 PM   #100  

We had family day in ontario last monday.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:50 PM   #101  
Losing the weight in 2008

S/C/G: 258/ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Sorry, I was actually referring to the week earlier. I did mean on the 18th. Alberta had Family Day on the 18, I know because our head office is in Edmonton and they were closed (how unfair).

Justwantobehealthy: BC does have a lot of rain, but only on the "wetcoast". That's why they call it a rainforest! I love it, but I was born and raised here so I have gills. We lived in Alberta for a spell in the 90's. Way too dry and flat for this girl (not to mention cold). Funny thing - a good friend of mine from Saskatchewan came to stay and I took her to the most beautiful places I could think of (rain forests, cliffs looking out to the ocean) and she seemed sort of unimpressed. I asked her what she thought and she said "well, it would be a nice view if it wasn't for all the trees". So there you go!
Old 02-27-2008, 04:24 PM   #102  
Rosebud

We have been blessed with lots of sunshine, but the temps dropped really fast; it's a bit dull out there right now, but can't complain really. I am feeling a lot better; spent yesterday doing our income tax return, bills, and more housework (that never seems to end).

I like the idea of a family holiday in February; we missed it this year, but I hope that spreads across the country too. Canadians work way too hard as it is; that's nice to have one holiday each month, esp in the winter!

LINDA ~ hope you are feeling better soon; glad you are having better weather out there.

HEALTHY MAMA ~ I have heard that BC has lots of trees; so do we, esp between the towns and cities, but I love them!!! My grandparents lived in the Okanagan Valley and said it was lovely. I do know that you have a lot of beautiful coastal areas out there too; and that Vancouver Island is a real gem, but shhhhhhh ... they don't want everyone to know that!

2BEAUTIFUL ~ thanx, we will make note of that; it must be new, becuz it isn't on our calendar here yet. DH mentioned something about a new holiday; but, he just didn't know when it was.

Have a great week everyoneROSEBUD
Old 02-27-2008, 04:31 PM   #103  
Onward and Downward

Still not feeling too great and the weather today has been downright weird -- started with snow and freezing rain and then passed through ordinary rain and sunshine and now at 5:30 pm the temperature is sitting at 11 degrees. More snow predicted for tonight.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:44 AM   #104  

rosebud aren't you in ontario? The holiday is new this was the first year.

I'm feeling bloated today and no idea why.

How is everyone doing on their weight loss?

I just hit 199 yesterday which was huge for me!! I'm down 7lbs for feburary and hoping to lose 1 more by tomorrow!! Could be wishful thinking though!!
Old 02-28-2008, 08:49 AM   #105  
Onward and Downward

CONGRATULATIONS . . .
Closed Thread