Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 09:46 AM   #61  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there CRAZIES . . . glad to see some of you can still find us . . . big for you, ROBYNE and I the way you spell your name.

Another cold and snowy day in Nova Scotia. But the sun is trying to peak out a little bit and that always improves my mood. Think I'm going to look into one of those SAD-related lamps.

See you all later, gang . . . tyr to keep things moving and shaking . . .
Old 02-10-2008, 09:57 PM   #62  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HELLO ROBYNE ~ nice to have another addition to the COOL CRAZY CANUCK CLUB. You live on that beautiful island of Vancouver; boy, that would be better than the big storm we have outside right now. Oh well, we are nice and toasty warm in our place, so I can't really complain.

Seems everyone is taking the weekend off; glad I came in to keep this thread moving ~ lol! We had a relaxing day; Dh went to our SNOWFEST to a smash-up car derby, but it was very cold. And now, we are just having a quiet Sunday evening at home.

Take good care all ... ROSEBUD
Old 02-11-2008, 10:50 PM   #63  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE; Hope you all have a great week!

ROSEBUD
Old 02-12-2008, 04:51 PM   #64  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

Had some nasty computer problems over the weekend, but things seem to be back together now. We've had nasty weather again, too and another major storm is forecast for tomorrow -- OMG -- will this Winter never end??????
Old 02-13-2008, 10:35 AM   #65  
Onward and Downward

So far, so good . . . it's definitely dull out there today but it hasn't actually started to "do" anything yet.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:56 AM   #66  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Good luck with the snow, everyone! I think Toronto and Montreal - and everywhere in between - will be under a nice white blanket! No one's at work!
Old 02-13-2008, 09:32 PM   #67  
Rosebud

HELLO ~ apparently, it's snowing all over the place; we got a call from DH's brother down south early this morning and it was snowing there. We started out with sunshine but then a mini-squall with some snow showed up for part of the aft (I took a nap), then it stopped and some sun came out again just before sunset. It's amazing how brave our fine-feathered friends are: fighting those northern winds to get a wee bit of food to carry them thru the night.

ANYHOW ~ we've got a doozy of a flu right now; just taking it easy to try and get rid of it as fast as possible.

Take good care ~ ROSEBUD
Old 02-14-2008, 03:01 PM   #68  
Onward and Downward

Happy Valentine's Day . . .

Woke up to 8 degrees this morning . . . looked outside to see that the mild and rain overnight had washed away almost all the snow again. By this afternoon, the temp has fallen to -2 and the puddles are freezing over. Such fun weather.

Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:36 PM   #69  
Rosebud

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYBODY!

Lovely sunshine today; makes you feel better when you are 'under the weather' ~ lol (pun intended). Have a nice day ...

ROSEBUD
Old 02-15-2008, 04:21 PM   #70  
Onward and Downward

No sunshine here -- maybe tomorrow. Today, good old Ma Nature is trying hard to replace some of the snow that melted yesterday -- but her success level is pretty low so far.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:07 AM   #71  
Onward and Downward

The sun is shining

Wowee is my life ever boring -- all it takes to get me really excited is a little

Last edited by meowee; 02-16-2008 at 08:07 AM.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:45 PM   #72  
Rosebud

I am really sick with a terrible flu (it's DAY 5); but I just wanted to come in and say HI! Take good care, there are some bad ones going around this year. Today we had sunshine, then snow tonight; pretty big flakes too ...

ROSEBUD
Old 02-17-2008, 08:15 AM   #73  
Onward and Downward

Aww ROSEBUD . . . hope you feel better really soon.

Well . . . I'm feeling pretty good again this morning . . . another cold (-16) but gorgeously day here in northern Nova Scotia . . . so everything seems fairly right with the world.

Have a good day . . .
Old 02-17-2008, 09:18 PM   #74  
Rosebud

HI THERE ~ THANX, had a much better day today; I can even smell my food again and taste it too. We had milder temps today and of course, that means more snow; the fluffy stuff today and kinda like pellets tonight, but it looks pretty out there. Oh, I don't mind it at all, really!

Take good care ROSEBUD
Old 02-18-2008, 03:08 PM   #75  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

It's windy, warm, and very wet around here today. Hope those of you who are getting the new Holiday are enjoying it. Not a holiday here . . . but for those of us who are retired . . . who can really notice. Our Provincial government decided to take the stance that "everyday is Family Day in Nova Scotia" -- really popular decision, as you can imagine.

Just got back from taking Blizzard to the Vet -- he has an ear infection and has been scratching the inside and outside of the ear raw -- all the bleeding is really eye-catching on a white cat. Now he is wearing one of those delightful collars to try to keep him from scratching so the ear gets a chance to heal. He's not a happy camper and he keeps walking into stuff with the edge of the collar. Poor baby.

Nothing else too exciting around here. Hope everybody is having a great day.
Closed Thread