Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 05:31 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 230/210/207

Height: 5'10"

Hello fellow Canadians! It seems to be trying to warm up here. I noticed a few crocuses peeking out of the ground the other day and the birds are starting to sing in the mornings. It's coming!
Old 03-25-2008, 06:00 PM   #197  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi again . . . glad you found us . . . both DAFFY and NANCY I know this can be a big and confusing place at first.

To make it easier, you can 'subscribe' to the threads you want to keep track of . . . at the top of every page in the thread there are little purple boxes at the right side of the page. The first of these is called "Thread Tools" . . . click on that and then click on the entry that says "Subscribe to Thread". Next time you come to the 3FC forums, go to the main navigation bar (the purple line under the little picture of the chickies) and click on the first entry which is "User CP" . . . the first thing you will see is a listing of any subscribed threads that have new entries since the last time you checked in.

Good luck . . . if you have any problems just give me a yell (if you can find me, that is).
Old 03-26-2008, 09:05 AM   #198  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning CRAZIES . . .

Heavily overcast and still cold (-4) . . . but no snow . . . at least, not so far.

Keep things moving and shaking as much as you can today, gang . . . See you all later . . .
Old 03-26-2008, 11:28 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 210/164/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy29 View Post
Someone, a few pages back said "for some reason Ottawa area gets more snow than us". Being in Ottawa, I can explain this phenomenon: the politicians here cause a lot of hot air. It rises, and gets cooled, and the humidity precipitates out as snow! Needless to say, that produces a LOT of snow tee-hee!
You know - I think you might be on to something there - Quebec city gets a lot more snow than us (Montreal) too, and there are a LOT of political windbags there

Today, it's +5° outside!!!! That's seasonal normal for us here, but it's the first time in ages it's been that warm. I'm going out to do something - I don't know what yet, but I'm going OUT!!

Yesterday, I say some tulips poking up on the other side of the street. My sidewalk is on the shady side so there's still a thick layer of ice over everything, but my backyard is sunny and melting.

DH doesn't get any time off at Easter. He's self employed so any time off means no $$. I don't work, so for me, all days are workdays or days off, depending on how you look at it. Stat holidays are weird around here though - DH works for a company that is in Texas, so our Canadian holidays mean nothing to them and he keeps getting asked what he's doing for 'Obscure American Holiday'. It seems that Easter is not a stat holiday in the US - well, at least it's not a stat holiday in Texas.

I don't know what the heck happened, but I ate a ton of food on Sunday, and when I weighed myself on Monday, I had lost another pound. I'd been stuck at a plateau for three weeks, so it's good to see some progress again.

BP
Old 03-26-2008, 11:37 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 230/210/207

Height: 5'10"

Thanks for the tip Meowee! We're battling the flu here. All of us have fevers and nasty coughs ect. My second oldest woke with a fever of 104.7 this morning and we just realized he hasn't gone pee since around midnight last night. I'm giving him until noon to pee and then we're off to emerg I think. Poor kid can't seem to keep more than about a tablespoon of water down either. I've been sick too so it's been really hard to get all my points in. I have no appetite right now. I'm just going to do my best and if I gain a little because of it then so be it.

Bopeep, my husband used to work for an American based company as well. It was kind of neat because he would get our stat holidays off paid and then the American ones too but unpaid.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:00 PM   #201  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

to the newbies ~ DAFFY & NANCY ...

NANCY ~ the flus going around this year are terrible; we just got over a doozy of one ourselves. Yes, keep a good eye on that boy; will send up some prayers for you all too ...

DAFFY ~ Excellent theory there about the reason for all this record snowfall; I'm sure that's it! LOL!

RE HOLIDAYS ~ thanks to all for your input; I'm sure by now the debatees (?) will have made up their minds as to the holidays we have. It seems that it differs most on where you live and where you work.

We had lovely sunshine all day; it was so glorious that I just had to get out there and go for a walk today. I also tooks some pics while I was there; came in when my fingies started to go numb from the cold winds ~ LOL!

Have a great night ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-26-2008 at 11:02 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:38 AM   #202  

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5'4"

Wink New to dieting - need advice

Hey,

I'm new to the site, and to dieting and could use some advice...and support. After a miscarriage and a new stressfull job I've gained almost 30 pound in 5 months.

I've been trying to find a good diet delivery service in Edmonton Alberta. So far all I can find is nutrisystem, and I haven't heard much good about it. Normally I love to cook and would do my own meals, but right now life is so crazy I just don't have the time and need something quick and easy.

This looked like a good place to start asking for help. Anyone got any ideas.

Smiles
Old 03-27-2008, 08:24 AM   #203  
Recovering perfectionist

S/C/G: 250/ticker/160

Smile

Good Morning one and all!

We have started to see some warmer weather in the past few days, and melting has started, but I don't think we'll be seeing tulips, crocuses (crocii?) or anything poking through the snow 'til July: the snowbanks are 5' high on the lawns.

I work from home most of the time, but sometimes I have to go into the office. Today is one of those days, so we had to chew-proof our workout room in the basement to keep pooch inside all day. Hope he doesn't eat the Treadmill! DW just now called and said someone just gave her a dogcrate, so at least after today, we're good. Phew.

C. in Edmonton: I have never used a diet delivery system, but for those quickie meals, I always have Lean Cuisine on hand. They are somewhat high in salt, but likely all of those delivered meals are too, since that's common with prepared foods. They have good variety, and these days, we can get them at the RCSS for $1.88 each. I have also made my own frozen portion-controlled meals with grilled chicken, frozen veggies, brown rice and BlueMenu sauces from President's Choice.

My George Foreman grill and my microwave are indispensable for quick, low-cal/low fat meals.

Bopeep: the food you ate on Sunday would take 2-3 days to show up as extra weight, so you have until next Monday to work off any possible negative effects, assuming you weigh in once a week, of course!

Nancy: Hope the little guy is okay 'n the whole family gets better quick.

Have to run...have a great day, everyone!

Ti'an
Old 03-27-2008, 04:42 PM   #204  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . . I've had a really weird day.

As I've mentioned in the past, I'm a Diabetic . . . when I got up this morning my sugar level was a little high (probably stressing over my dentist appointment at 11:00 for a root canal). Anyway, I decided to delay eating breakfast for a bit and then (believe it or not) I totally forgot until I was pulling into the parking lot at the dentist's office and felt those nasty symptoms of a hypoglycemic event (dangerously low blood sugar) coming on. I immediately took some glucose tablets but was still staggering a little when I walked into the exam room. Anyway the dentist freaked out and decided to reschedule -- probably a good thing. I mean who needs a nervous dentist playing in your mouth with very sharp instruments. Also a bad thing, of course, because now I have to wait until April 8 to get this blinking root canal done.

Other than that SSDD . . . the sun is shining, but it's cold . . . LouLou and I did our normal Thursday mall-crawl and I'm ashamed to say that I definitely overdid it at lunch today. We went to Swiss Chalet and I even had dessert. Oh well, tomorrow is another day, thank goodness.

to the group CHUBBY (please give us something else to call you, Chickie). so glad to having you join us. I agree, lean cuisines, the PC Blue Menu things, and the Michelina meals are great for quick and easy and portion controlled food even though they are a litte heavy on sodium. Add a big salad (using those precut bags of greens for convenience) and you are in business. You have to add fresh veggies to most of the special diet delivery plans anyway and the cost is way out of line for food that is probably not as tasty and no more 'good for you' anyway.

Hello and big for everybody . . . sorry but I've gotta run . . . I'm way behind today.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:19 PM   #205  
Losing the weight in 2008

S/C/G: 258/ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Hello everyone! Just in case you were wondering, we did in fact survive the freak snow storm that has blown through our little island in the Pacific. The Mayors have declared it an official emergency and we will be shut in for probably a week while we recover - it's time consuming to remove snow with spatulas. There has been talk of emergency measures being taken to prevent the cherry blossom trees from suffering too much more snow damage - perhaps large blowdryers? Okay, I'm am kidding, but we have had freak snow storms the past few days. Very weird...

I'm back at the gym and happy that the January crowds are thinning out a little and I don't have to use the sign up board to use the treadmill.

Hope all are well!
Old 03-27-2008, 07:21 PM   #206  
Onward and Downward

Oh you poor dear lotuslander . . . real snow . . . tsk, tsk, tsk,
Old 03-27-2008, 09:25 PM   #207  
Recovering perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
Oh you poor dear lotuslander . . . real snow . . . tsk, tsk, tsk,
Old 03-27-2008, 11:52 PM   #208  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

MEOW ~ Take a look at our snow below ...

CHUBBY ~ you mean, not very chubby; all the aforementioned ideas are great. Our local GT has all kinds of those premade meals for a really good price from .99c to 2.99 each. I've tried a few and they are good; but I use them only in emergs when we are short of time; and you do have to add veggies as most don't have any. We had chicken with veggies and rice (sweet & sour) that isn't too bad, but without something else with it, you'll likely feel hungry soon after (becuz you'll go blind looking for the chicken).

HMama ~ I bet it does seem freakish to get snow there; but it's happening all over the world: record snow and snow where it is least expected ~ LOL! Last weekend, my uncle who lives in BC too, was bragging on the phone that he had strawberries coming up already. Well, from his mouth to GOD's ears: guess he bragged just a little bit too much ... LOL!

BOPEEP ~ if I ate a ton of food, I would gain a ton of weight!

Hope you have a great 'NO MORE SNOW' week ...

ROSEBUD

DH & Pin Pin # 2b.JPG

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-28-2008 at 12:08 AM.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:32 AM   #209  

S/C/G: 210/164/140

Height: 5'8"

Ok, so I am officially weird. I still have not had to pay the piper for the overindulgence of tasty duck dinner on Sunday. I'm still down a pound and the scale is debating weather I am down another quarter of a pound or a half a pound. Normally, me eating a ton of food means I gain two tons of weight. I am NOT the sort of person who loses weight easily, and the past three weeks I've been exercising every day with 40 minutes of cardio *and* either weights or my klutzy attempt to learn to step dance with not an ounce of fat lost to show for it. I think I just fell off the other end of the plateau I've been on for this past bit.

I did get some good feedback today - my mum sent me a box of clothes she bought for me, so I tried them on and took photos and sent them to her. She called me back and said my collarbones were peeking out!!

So with the new clothes, the good feedback and the fact that it's still sunny and above freezing, I'm in a great mood today

Chubby - Our local health food stores have a lot of good prepared food that's low in fat and calories and quite yummy. You might want to see if yours have a similar selection.

Healthy Mama - So that's where our snow went...

Meowee - Yikes! Having a hypo start to come on while you were out must have been scary! And the timing was really crappy too. It's hard to get yourself psyched up enough to get dental work done, but to have to do it twice -

BP
Old 03-28-2008, 10:08 AM   #210  
Recovering perfectionist

G'morning, all.

So yesterday, things changed at the office and I was able to get home by 11. The dog had only been able to spill his water, which was no biggie. Spouse hoped she'd be home by the time I had to leave for an appointment, but no...by the time I got back, the dog had begun ripping up the carpet trying to dig his way out under the door. Then, he had the nerve to go back and continue the job while I was upstairs a short while later! It's not that big a deal, but really, dog, was that necessary?

Meowee: I think I saw something about more snow headed to NS. As one neighbour asked two 'significant snow events' ago, "Are we having fun yet?"

Bopeep: I guess in your case, you're getting a 'gift duck'! Congrats on the collarbones...I remember that feeling.

HMama: Sorry, I just had to laugh at Meowee's reaction, I couldn't help myself. It is harder to deal with snow when you aren't used to it and are not equipped tho'...just ask Toronto!

C. in Edmonton: I'm with Meowee, I would love another name to call you by.

I'm off to another day in the office...have a good one, all!
Closed Thread