Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 06:38 PM   #301  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink Hello out there

So where is everybody. Come back and post, one and all. Don't let this thread fall apart.

So today's BL weigh-in was not as bad as it could have been. I was up .5. And on a day like today, I can't complain. Now once I get rid of TOM, I should be able to lose something.

Wardhog- that is a ton of calories to burn. You are like an olympic athlete.
If I didn't have to get up early, I would probably be a night owl. Good for you, getting up and right to it.

Maybe tom. I'll be back down a little. Come on weight, come on scale, this has got to be my week. Wish me luck. I need a motivation boost about now.

Last edited by mtiger; 03-13-2008 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:39 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 235/171/150

Yes, I am in the same boat as you Mindy. TOM spoiled any kind of weight loss for the week, but we will definitely do it next week. (BL weigh in was 0 by the way) It is frustrating, because I have been on track with my food for the week, and I have worked out more this last week than I have in a while. So, maybe all the hard work will pay off as soon as TOM is done wreaking havoc on my body. Today was the worst. I felt fat, bloated, and uncomfortable all day. As well as a headache in the morning and a stomachache in the afternoon. Walking with Mindy actually helped a bit, though.

Foucault, where oh where did you go???

Mychoice, how have you been the last couple days? I hope the fry story didn't scare you away!

Wardhog, you go girl!
Old 03-14-2008, 11:20 AM   #303  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Mindy, I am nothing like an olympic athlete. LOL! Thanks for the laugh.

Kelly, I bet you will both have a big loss next week.

Today I did 30 min on the elliptical, Group Power, and 15 min on the bike. I stayed on my eating plan yesterday and I am on track for today. I am down 2 pounds from last week, to 146.2. I am thrilled with that!
Old 03-14-2008, 09:40 PM   #304  
mtiger

Wink

Tonight I really worked hard when Kelly and I did our DVD. My legs are still feeling it. I was hot and red faced for about an hour after. Today's weigh-in was "okay". I was down .5 from last week. I'm waiting for that big loss. C'mon.

Wardhog- nice job. Good loss for the week. You must feel good.

Talk to you all tom. Work hard and have a great weekend.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:59 PM   #305  

Hi Gals,

The past few days were crazy busy for me. I did good with my food for most of the week..but when I weighed in yesterday I didn't show a loss. Maybe it will show up next week.

I am caught up on things at work and at home so I will not be missing any more chances to post and Tomorrow I will begin using calorie-count.com

I'm ready to really get on with this and get this weight off.

I have been dealing with a headache all day and I'm headed to bed..just wanted to check in and let you know I'm still here, still trying.

I'll see you all here tomorrow.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:25 PM   #306  
Maintainer Wannabe

Hi y'all. The weather here is really bad today but we haven't had any damage in our area. I went to the gym this morning and did a Group Ride class, 26 min on the stair mill and 26 min on the elliptical. I stayed on my eating plan yesterday and I am on track for today.

Have a great week-end!
Old 03-15-2008, 03:37 PM   #307  
mtiger

Wink Good Afternoon

Well it warmed up here today to the high 40's low 50's. The sun was shining, it was beautiful, so I took my workout outdoors. I went for a 3 mile walk in 45min. Although it was nice, it was also a bit chilly. Well it was good to get outside.

Susie- hope things settle down for you. Good luck using calorie-count. I am shocked sometimes to find out how many calories some foods have.

Kelly- hope you get at least one good workout in this weekend.

Keep it pumpin girls. Have a great weekend.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:00 PM   #308  

Hi Everyone,

I spent a typical Saturday cleaning house and just sort of puttering around. I put away some winter items, turtleneck sweaters, cords. It's still chilly here but not cold...spring is on it's way. It has been raining off and on today so I'm jealouse of Mtiger who was able to get outside and exercise. I love to walk outside when the weather is sunny but not hot yet.

Wardhog: My hubby is a basketball fan and we were watching the Alabama play when he saw that some of the panels in the Georgia dome blew out. I hope your weather settles down soon. Good job for staying on track so consistantly..you are an inspiration...how do you do it every day? I want to get to that point. Do you have to think about it? Plan it?

Mtiger:I'm glad you had such a nice day to exercise outside. I want to point out that it is the weekend and you are being active, so give yourself a pat on the back.

Kelly: I'm sure that TOM was what kept you from having a loss this week. I'm sure you did loose..think about it, it's TOM and you didn't gain..the loss will show up this week.

I finally got my food logged in today. I am within my range, barely..but I'm there. I know this is going to be a good thing for me to do. Looking at the numbers puts it all in prospect doesn't it.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:09 AM   #309  

S/C/G: 235/171/150

Hi everyone!
So, the weekend has been good so far. I have managed to stay on my eating plan. Tonight might be my downfall for the week. I am taking my dad to Red Lobster tonight for his birthday, and they have the yummiest crab alfredo that I always get. I am either going to have to eat only half of it, or try something else. They do have a light menu, so I might try that.

I am also happy to report that if my scales aren't lying, I have lost 4.5 pounds since the biggest loser weigh in on Thursday. I am sure the last couple pounds are a fluke, but there's at least a couple pounds off so far. I plan to do some weight training, maybe some treadmill tonight, so I will stay on track for losing this week!

Last edited by Kelly530; 03-16-2008 at 09:09 AM.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:54 PM   #310  
Maintainer Wannabe

Hi guys! Mychoice, the exercise comes naturally for me, but I really have to work on the diet part. I have always enjoyed working out, but now that I no longer work, I just do it every morning. My friend says it's my religion. I have never really been able to stick to a diet. If someone tells me I have to eat a certain thing or that I can't have something, I rebel. So I count calories. I eat what I want, and just try to stay within the limit. At the beginning of the year I decided that I wanted to be on plan 90% of the time. I don't know if I am just stubborn or goal oriented, call it what you want, but it's like I am competing with myself to see if I can do it. And it means that I can have a "cheat day" once every ten days. Well, I will be able to when I get my percentage back to 90. oops.

Mindy, I bet it felt good to take it outside! It's beautiful here today so I might have to take the kids to the park. My husband's lazy butt is on the couch watching hockey.

Kelly! 4.5 pounds since Thursday? WoW! Have a good dinner with your Dad. If you have the crab alfredo, just get back on plan tomorrow. It sounds wonderful, by the way.

So today I did a 6 mi jog (1 hour), then 30 min on the elliptical and 15 min on the bike. I stayed on plan yesterday and I am on track for today.

I hope everyone's enjoying spring-like weather.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:58 PM   #311  
mtiger

Wink

Wardhog- I know what you mean. Once you start up either exercising or eating better, it becomes a challenge to yourself. Since Jan1 I have only missed 3 days of working out. I never cheat on my eating either. I always stay within my calories. Now I have played with how many calories I should eat trying to get it right, but I never really cheat or get off track. It's true what they say about developng a new habit.

Susie- Give yourself time to get used to logging all your food and staying "on track". It is work. I get so tired of looking stuff up and writing it down, adding,etc. I just keep doing it though. I even look up my food before I eat it, if I'm not sure of calories.

Kelly- What the heck. You have gotten over TOM in a big way. Unlike wardhog, I will tell you not to eat the fattening crap, go light. Don't take a chance and blow your progress now.

Well I am in the throes of TOM. Cramps today, headache, scale not budging, you name it. I have been out of the house and active this weekend. Today I went to the home show with my mom and dad. Saw lots of things I would like to do at my house. I will be getting a new garage door. I have someone coming to give me an estimate. Mine is in such bad shape.

Well here is a funny story for everyone. My 19 yr. old and his friend are scrounging around for snacks. He comes to me and says 'Mom I'm eating one of your 100 calorie things since you don't buy anything else anymore'. So they are getting into my granola bars and 100 treats today. Things have changed around here.

Keep your fingers crossed that my scale will be nice to me this week.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:44 AM   #312  

Default Happy St. Patty's Day

Hello

I hate when I miss a day getting here! Yesterday we were busy with church and we also had a birthday dinner to attend in the evening. It didn't leave me a lot of time yesterday to get online.

I was very aware of the food that I was eating. I haven't logged it yet but I will go back and do so.

I have logged my food so far today, even what I'm going to have for lunch so that I can see where I'm going to be in my calories. I will go to the Y tonight for a cardio walk workout and I AM going to the weight room too so I can start lifting again.

I can't tell you the difference just logging my food and then now putting into the online log is helping me to be focused. You gals have been such a big part of it. The posts are what motivated me to do it..the motivation is why I come here!

Mtiger: What a funny story about your son. New habits are good for everyone!

Kelly: I knew the weight loss would show up once you were finished with TOM. That's just awesome! It's so nice to see you posting so often.

Wardhog: I'm the same way when someone tells me I can't have something so I'm just going to stay in my calorie range and go from there. I too love to workout, but I have been having trouble staying on track with it. I keep trying and eventually it will happen to where I don't miss a day. My body does crave exercise and water if I just listen to it!

I'm wondering where Focult is? I know she was dealing with a stressful work situation. I hope we see her again soon!
Old 03-17-2008, 12:23 PM   #313  
Maintainer Wannabe

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

mtiger - Better hide those 100 cal packs. A 19 year old boy could eat the whole box!

Mychoice - have a great workout at the Y tonight!

I watched a little of this show on Discovery Health last night - I Can Make You Thin! Did anyone else see it?

Today I did 15 min on the elliptical, Group Power, and jogged for 30 min (2.62 mi). I stayed on my eating plan yesterday and I am on track for today.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:50 PM   #314  
mtiger

Wink Boo Hoo

I am in the middle of a huge pity party. I thought the scale would look better today, but it looked worse. I have been working out everyday, eating what I think caloriecount says I should, going through TOM. which usually helps me start losing. And what does the scale do, go up. It has put me in a terrible mood, almost to the point of just throwing in the towel. I don't know how long I can continue without seeing any positive results. I just don't know what to do at this point.

I have been eating between 1400 and 1500, to match my exercise, for about two weeks now. I haven't lost a thing in that time. Maybe I should go back to 1200-1300. Maybe I should stop counting, maybe I should stop exercising. Maybe I should stick my head in the sand and pretend I don't care.

You know why this is so hard? It feels like I am failing at something that I am working very hard at. I can't handle that. I just don't fail at things. When I work hard, I am used to getting the results I want. I can't take the disappointments.

Enough about my self-loathing and complaining. Today is a new day, tom. is another opportunity. I will stick with it until I can't bear it any longer.

I wish all of you success.

Wardhog- I wanted to watch that show. How was it?

Last edited by mtiger; 03-17-2008 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:11 PM   #315  

S/C/G: 270/270/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello gals! I'm sorry I've been absent so long. I'm happy to hear that you've all been trucking on and sticking with your plans. It has been a crazy two weeks for me. Work is still dicey, but I'm trying to keep my head down and avoid any dramatic hysterics that the boss might throw. We're also in the middle of a yearly audit, and I work in the accounting department. Not so much fun, though my record is still clean.

I've been sticking to plan. I dropped my calorie intake to 1600. Sometimes it is over and sometimes under, just depends on the day. Now that the time has changed, I'm able to go on walks after dinner. I walked 2 miles every day last week except for Friday. I did my usual 3.75 mile walk on Saturday and Sunday. I plan to keep up the nightly walks. They really help to motivate me and keep me on track. Plus, they help me lose weight much more easily. I was down to 212.5 this morning, so hopefully that will be my official weigh-in number for tomorrow. For about three weeks there, I went without a loss, so it's nice to see a significant drop.

Oh! I almost forgot! I went shopping for jeans on Friday night. Mine were starting to get holes in the inseams where my thighs rub together. I actually bought a pair of Lees in 16W!!!! I'm wearing them now, and they fit like a charm. Another ten or fifteen pounds and they will actually be loose on me. I never thought I'd see the day when I was so close to wearing a 14.

I hope everyone is having a good Monday!

Last edited by foucault; 03-17-2008 at 04:13 PM.
Closed Thread