Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 09:31 AM   #406  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

You are so right. What business is it of hers? It's not like she was even trying to nice or helpful. If someone is actually concerned for your welfare they would not approach it that way. Let it go and just smile at her as you get physically fit. I definetly work out more than Kelly (my partner) but she doesn't accuse me of being compulsive or anything. Do what feels right.

So today is the day I switch my weight to the new scale. I was 218 on the old scale and 221.5 on the new. Not pretty but, oh well. So the 218 means I am down 2 pounds this week and a total of 25 pounds since January. I am changing me ticker by 3.5 pounds on both ends so it will show the correct loss. So it's a good day because I had a loss this week, but sad because I am over 200 again on the new scale. Well, onward and upward.

I have a busy weekend, I hope to get back her a few times this weekend. Good luck everyone. Keep up the good work.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:37 PM   #407  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies,

I've miss you all. I came down with an acute case of strep throat and I'm just now back on my feet. I can usually tell when I'm getting somehthing but I had no clue this last time.

I can't say I'm on track with food and exercise because I haven't worked out for two days and I really didn't eat much..it hurt to swallow.

I'm feeling better today. I'll be back on track today with the food and tomorrow with the exercise.

Wardhog: That woman at the gym has a lot of nerve! I think you get a lot of exercise in but it's not excessive. I love working out and I wish that I had more than an hour a day that I could do it; I would if I could. I love the way it makes me feel. Just ignore that lady and do what you feel is right for you.

Mindy: I'm sure you will break that plataeu soon. Here's some magic dust for you to help

Kelly: Good to see you back and that you are still losing. Get here as often as you can...we miss you when you are gone.

I'll be on line some this weekend so I hope to see you all here every once in awhile too!

Stay strong!!
Old 04-26-2008, 02:22 PM   #408  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Susie, I hope you are feeling better.

Thanks so much for your support, you guys. She hasn't been back to the gym for four days, so maybe she is embarrassed about what she did. Or maybe it has absolutely nothing to do with me. LOL

Yesterday I did Group Power, 15 min on the elliptical, 20 min on the bike. Today I did Group Ride, 26 min on the stair mill, 26 min on the elliptical. I stayed on plan yesterday and I am on track for today (day 16).

Have a good week-end!
Old 04-26-2008, 09:36 PM   #409  

S/C/G: 235/171/150

Dear Wardhog, I must agree with everyone, that lady at the gym is a psycho. Whose business is it how much you work out? No one except for you. I wish I had the time, energy, and inclination to work out as much as you do. What you do is truly admirable.

Susie--I am so sorry you are sick...again! You seem to have had a bad run with illness this year. Hopefully it will get better soon. By the way, I am stealing some of Mindy's will power dust--I am needing it lately.

Mindy--I miss you. This is our week. I need your help and diligence. You wear off well onto me!
Old 04-27-2008, 09:34 AM   #410  
mtiger

Wink

Crazy weekend. I helped my sister with her March of Dimes Walk. It was freezing. Came home, my parents brought some stuff over. My dog locked herself in their truck, had to run around and find keys to their house (at my sister's who wouldn't bring them over, 5 min. trip) get home, free the dog, go to get horse grain (they're out), pick up crappy dinner, come home workout. AAHH!!
Today get up, find the scale was unkind, feed animals, posting quickly, then a shower, then run North 1 hour to see my daughter's senior recital, leave come back 45 min. to go to neice's baby shower, till 6:30, YUCK, then find some dinner and have time to workout?

Kelly- After Monday we are on. I am going to push you girl. We've got to pump it up. Are ya ready??

Susie and Wardhog- Keep it up ladies.

Probably won't get back here tom. So I'll chat on Monday.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:40 PM   #411  

Hi Ladies,

I'm feeling much better. I'm even planning on working out today. I have no idea why I've been so sick this year.

Wardhog: I saw that you are at day 16 of staying on plan. I think it's great that you are working on being on plan daily and keeping track of that. I'm curious, what is your criteria for being on plan? I'm thinking of setting my a similar goal for myself so that I can look to that instead of a number on the scale. It's good for me to have both, a scale goal and another goal that is related to getting to that number. I'll be looking forward to your input on that, and of course on Mindy's and Kelly's as well.

Mindy and Kelly: It sounds like you ladies are going to shake some things up this week. I can't wait to read all about it. Please post what you are doing so I can have some motivation.

I've got to get moving and get two more rooms cleaned that I didn't get cleaned yesterday so that I can get to the Y later.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:09 PM   #412  
Maintainer Wannabe

Kelly, good to "see" you.

Mindy, sounds like a frustrating day.

Susie, I am glad you are feeling better!

Staying on plan for me is eating around 1500 cal. It can be a little over/under, but no "treats" and no binges. My goal is to be on plan 90% of the time for the next 90 days.

Today I ran 10 miles (1:51). I stayed on plan yesterday and I'm on track for today.

See you guys tomorrow.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:21 AM   #413  
mtiger

Wink

Oh my Lord! 10 miles? Did you run the whole thing? That is amazing. There is no way I could do that, YET! You go for it!!

Yesterday was my daughter's recital. I said I wasn't going to cry, but I did. She was really good. She had a few little flubs, but she has come a long way. Her voice is beautiful She had a good crowd turn out and it was nice. She announce to everyone that she is planning on moving to Nashville, TN. The home of country music, plus they have theatre and horses close by. My baby is grown up and planning on moving 8 hours away.

Susie- Glad you are feeling better. Now get out there and get those pounds moving. Scare them away.

Talk to you later!
Old 04-28-2008, 10:49 AM   #414  

Hi Everyone,

Feeling good this morning. I did really well with my food and exercise yesterday and so far I'm on track this morning. I have decided that I will set my goal to be on plan, which is to stay in my points range. I'm going to set that as a goal until 6-20-08 (the first day of summer). I was going to do calories but it's easier for me to do points so that's what I'm going to do. I have my old WW things and I can carry them around with me and do the points tally right then. If I don't do it right at the time then I allow myself to get off track easier.

Ward: Wow! I can't imagine running 10 miles. I bet it felt great didn't it?

Mindy: How exciting for your daughter..you never know..you might be sitting front row at the Grand Ole Opry some day..and of course, you will be looking good and at your goal weight!

Kelly: Looking forward to hearing from you and seeing what you and Mindy do this week.

Ok..back to work for me.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:31 PM   #415  
Maintainer Wannabe

Mindy, how exciting about your daughter! I'd have cried, too.

Susie, sounds like a good plan. Good luck!

Yes, I ran the 10 mi, but I took a potty break after the first hour. I just wanted to see if I could still do it - I haven't been running much. Today I did 22 min on the elliptical, Group Power and 23 min on the stair mill. My legs are kind of sore now. I stayed on plan yesterday and I'm on track for today.

See y'all tomorrow.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:51 PM   #416  
mtiger

Wink

Wardhog- I laughed out loud when I read your legs were kind of sore. I would have no legs or not be walking at all after that 10 miles, plus today's workout. You are one athletic women. I can only strive to be like you. Tonight I did 20 min. "Shred" DVD and then 1 mile WATP and my legs are a little jello-y. WOW!!!

Kelly- We are on for tom. Don't know what we plan to do, but lets work our tails off.

Susie- Count whatever works for you, just count em. I've been trying to eat 1600 calories a day to see what that does. I am getting very confused about what I should do, or not do. I feel all disconbobulated. Is that a word?

See ya ll tom.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:36 PM   #417  
Maintainer Wannabe

Mindy, I am glad I made you laugh a little. Sounds like you had a good workout yesterday, too.

Today I did 12 min (1 mi) to warm up, Group Ride, then 20 min on the stair mill and 20 min on the elliptical. I stayed on plan yesterday and I am on track for today.

I am feeling really emotional today and just had myself a good cry, but I really don't feel like eating which is a good thing. My Mom had a bout of ovarian cancer, starting about three years ago. She has been ok for about the last year and a half, but had a discouraging test result last month. They repeated the test yesterday and we are waiting for results. On top of that, they found a nodule on my Dad's thyroid and he's having tests, too. Lots of things are running through my head and I am scared to death, but trying to tell myself to stay positive.

Anywho, I hope you guys are doing well! See you tomorrow!
Old 04-29-2008, 07:51 PM   #418  
mtiger

Wink

Hiya!! It took me a while to get here today. I have been busy. Work is wierd, Kelly and I worked out after school, we walked for like 40 min. Came home did some stuff in the yard, ate Subway (yum) and I'm trying to post before American Idol. Scale is being wierd, even the new one. I just don't know anymore.

Wardhog- Hope things come out alright for your parents. It's tough when our family is going through stuff like that. My mom had breast cancer a few years ago and it was stressful on all. Hang in there. We are wishing you all well.

Kelly and Susie- Keep on plan.

See ya tom.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:30 AM   #419  

Hi Guys,

I was so busy yesterday and I didn't get a chance to check in. I'm couting my points and right now I'm allowed 39-44 and yesterday I had 34, so I'm counting it as day 1 on track. I had a great workout last night at my Firm class. I can feel it today and it feels sore but good. It makes me feel like an athlete when I get this feeling and I love feeling like that about myself.

Ward: I'm sorry to hear that you are having to worry over these things. A good cry is a good place to start. I don't cry easily but if I do, I always feel better. Think good thoughts for your mom and dad and I'll say a prayer. Whatever the outcome, you and they will find a way to overcome it. My sister-in-law had breast cancer two years ago and when it's time for her checkups it always feels like we are holding our breathe and just waiting for the other shoe to drop. It's scary I know! I'm proud of you for working out and staying on track with all of this.

Mindy: I love Subway! I always have the Veggie sub. It's so fresh. I bet you enjoyed your 40 min walk with Kelly. I always enjoy walking with my workout partner. We talk about everything and I feel so good about myself afterward.

Kelly: Keep walking with Mindy and you two will continue to loose. Post when you can.

Ok,,I must get to work. Talk to you all later.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:40 PM   #420  
Maintainer Wannabe

Thanks so much for sharing your stories and for your good thoughts/prayers. It's amazing how many of us have been touched in some way by breast cancer. That's one reason I do the Komen Race for the Cure every year. Someday I would like to do the 3-Day as well.

What's weird about work, Mindy?

Susie, I love that athlete feeling, too!

Today I did 25 min elliptical, Group Power, 20 min recumbent bike. I stayed on plan yesterday and I'm on track for today. I am thinking of starting calorie zig-zagging to shake things up a bit. When I try to eat the same number of calories each day, I get into a rut where I eat the same food over and over. If I zig-zagged there would be higher calorie days where I could have a "treat" and still stay on plan. I don't know, maybe I'll try it for a week or two and see what happens.

See you guys tomorrow!
Closed Thread