Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 12:31 PM   #181  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

foucault - I hope you see the teens tomorrow!

Today I had too many things to do, so I cut my workout a bit short. I ran 2 mi (21 min), then did a Group Power class. I stayed on my eating plan yesterday and so far I am on track for today.

Have a great week!
Old 02-04-2008, 08:51 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 270/270/150

Height: 5'5"

WardHog - I'd be extending my workout if I ran 2 miles *and* did a Group Power class! For a busy day, you sure did well with the exercising.

I've already posted today, but I need to say that I bought a beautiful hoodie today. I went in Costco to get a new coffee maker for the office, and I saw these plush hoodies in the clothing. They went up to XL (which is what I've been wearing for the last few months since my weight loss stalled out). I got a L just to see when I could fit in it. I tried it on when I got home. IT FITS! I can wear clothing without an X before the size! I think the clothing line runs a bit big, and I don't think I'd be able to wear a large in other things just yet, but I'm thrilled that something in my closet doesn't have an X on it. Yay! When I get below 200, I'm going to go on a clothes shopping spree. ;-)
Old 02-05-2008, 11:34 AM   #183  
Maintainer Wannabe

Yay! for smaller clothes. I hope your weigh-in is good today.

Today I did an 11 min mile warm-up, a Group Ride class, 21 min on the stair climber and 20 min on the elliptical. I stayed on my eating plan yesterday and I am on track for today. I am craving pastry but I am just going to have to get over it.

Have a great day, guys!
Old 02-05-2008, 12:01 PM   #184  

Hi Ladies,

I've not given up. It's just that the cold and flu season is really giving me a workout. I started running a fever on Sunday, I went to the doctor yesterday and I have bronchitis. So, I'm back on antibodics again.

It's really messing with my workouts. I am walking when I can. I figure at least I'm moving. All I'm eating it seems is soup. I've wanted ice cream but I told myself that will just add to the congestion that I have (due to the milk) and that seems to talk me out of it.

I just wanted to do a quick check-in. I'm going to try to post again tonight when I'm home.

I'm posting from work and I need to get back to.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:40 PM   #185  

Susie - I'm so sorry you're sick again. The cold/flu season has hit you hard this year. One thing after another, I guess. I hope you get lots of rest and get better soon. The weight loss thing isn't a race, and you'll get to your goal weight eventually. Plus, soup isn't exactly unhealthy, so you may even lose without the daily workouts.

WardHog - Evil pastries! I have to stay away from the bakery at the grocery store because I love the cakes and cookies and danishes and croissants. All of which do *not* go along with my healthy eating plan.

My weight-in wasn't exciting this morning. It was the same as last week: 222. I was down to 220 on Sunday, but I think my Saturday dinner (yummy Mexican food) caught up with me. Then again, this is typical for me. I usually go through two to four great weeks and then hit a week or two where I lose little to nothing. So, I'm not upset about it. I'm just looking forward to a loss next week. I am annoyed that the weather sucks today. I walk on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. It snowed last night and the temperature isn't above freezing yet. So, I can't go on my usual walk at noon. I guess I'll have to stick to doing a fitness video when I go home for lunch. The dancing one has a couple good segments with a toning band for arms and legs. It looks like I'll be doing that instead of a nice walk in the fresh air. Oh well.

I hope everyone is having a good week and sees the scale drop down during their weigh in later this week.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:21 PM   #186  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink Hello

Well I did not get on and post yesterday, although I did read everyone's comments. I have been really down on myself this past week. The scale just keeps going up and down. It is so frustrating. I am obsessed with this whole weight loss thing. I want it so bad and when it's not working I am beside myself. I am trying to be patient and wait for results. I'm just not very good at that. If I could even see 231 or 230 I would be overjoyed.

Mychoice- sorry to hear you are sick. I am just feeling better myself but my cough seems to keep hanging on. Being around 20 sick children does not help.

Foucault- I know how badly you want to dip past that 220 mark. I am with you wanting to dip below the 230 mark. It just sucks doesn't it? Hang in there. We just have to keep doing what we are doing.

Wardhog- you amaze us all with your workout schedule. You are very inspiring. After school we walked about 25 min. and tonight we will do curcuit training also. Weigh-in is coming up. Gotta pump it up.

Take care everyone and stay upbeat. I need to tell myself the same thing.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:32 AM   #187  
Maintainer Wannabe

Mychoice - I hope the antibiotics are kicking in and you are feeling better.

foucault - You'll have that big loss next week. I love your attitude.

mtiger - Hang in there - it's hard, I know. Just keep going and you'll see the results you want. Thank you for saying that I inspire you. You all inspire me, too and I am so glad to have found this place.

Today I did 19 min walk (1.25 mi), a Group Power class and 30 min on the elliptical. I stayed on my eating plan yesterday and I am on track for today. I made it through my husband's business trip without a binge, so yay!

Have a great day!
Old 02-06-2008, 05:32 PM   #188  

Mindy - Don't be so down on yourself. I know it is hard, and a week without a loss can feel like such a let down, but just keep in mind that you are doing something that is going to make you a stronger (mentally and physically) person. If you stick to your plan, this time next year, you are going to look fantastic, regardless of whether you lost anything this week or not. I started at 254, and I got stuck around 232. I remember getting so excited to see the 220's, but they wouldn't show up. I was stuck there for two or three weeks right around the time that winter was coming on. I decided to "maintain" for the winter and worry about losing again in the summer. I went off plan, and it took me over a year to get back on. So, don't give up now. You can do it! Even if that means suffering through two or three weeks without a loss. When you finally do see one, it will be a fantastic feeling.

WardHog - Yay for no binging while your husband was away! I'm so proud of your will power. That's awesome.

I think I figured out why I haven't lost. I was up two pounds this morning. It's the dreaded TOM. Mine is actually TOQ (time of the quarter) since I'm taking Seasonale, and it restricts my periods to once every three months. It's nice not to go through that every month, but when I my TOQ rolls around it's a nice little slice of ****. I start on Sunday, so my pre-TOQ weight gain is in full effect. Plus, I was bad about drinking my daily water over the weekend. I'm back on track with the water, but I can't do anything about TOQ.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:12 AM   #189  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink More Snow

Yes we got dumped on again last night with a ton of snow. Needless to say, school has been cancelled for today. AWW!! And today was our weigh-in for biggest loser. Hey, I know I've been complaining this week, but the last few days things have started to move on the scale. I am down 2 pounds from last Friday.YEAH!! However, my weigh-in at school should show like 3 pounds. More good news, Kelly is down also. SO when we go back to school tom. we should have some pretty good results.

Does this make sense to you all? I tend to lose weight best during the week. I think that even though I work out on the weekends, I am not as active as during the work week. I don't eat more on the weekend or anything I just think I am generally more sedentary. That may attribute to my weight maintenance last week. We had 2 snow days, also resulting in a three day weekend. It sounds like a good theory to me.

Foucault- I am not giving up, no worries there. It just gets really hard sometimes. As you can tell I am feeling better today. 231-kissing the 220's. Man I hope it is next week.

Wardhog- I also am glad we have found each other and the 4 or 5 of us are sticking together. It helps so much.

Well since I am at home again today I plan on getting out and shoveling a lot of snow. Then when I get dug out going to Walmart. They have a new movie I want to get. That will get me up and moving today instead of sitting on the couch watching tv.

Have a great day everyone and thanks for the encouragement.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:59 AM   #190  

Mindy - I'm so happy for you and Kelly! Here's hoping your official weigh-in is down even further! I hear shoveling snow is an excellent way to exercise. Last year it snowed about two feet here. I had to shove a load of snow from behind my car, and my entire body was sore the next day. It's like a full body workout.

I peeked at the scale this morning and it is down to 219.5! Yay! Teens! I can only hope it will show me that on Tuesday morning for my official weigh-in. The weather is going to be nice today, so I'll be able to get outside and walk during my lunch hour.

You know, lately, I've been thinking about how in-your-face fast food is in our culture. When I got the mail yesterday, there were so many flyers, coupons, and advertisements for fast food places - burgers, fries, burritos, hot dogs, pizza, battered and fried fish, everything. When I wasn't watching what I was eating, I didn't notice it so much, but now that I am aware of how bad that stuff is, I can't stop seeing it every time I turn around. No wonder we all struggle with our weight.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:41 PM   #191  
Maintainer Wannabe

mtiger! I am so glad to hear you sounding so upbeat! Hooray for the loss!

Foucault - you, too! Into the teens! You are so right about fast food - it's everywhere. My husband is naturally thin, and he loves McDonald's in particular. He gets annoyed at me because I never want to eat out. It's just so hard to do it in a reasonable way.

Today I did a 22 min (2 mi) warm-up, Group Ride class, and 30 min on the elliptical. I stayed on my eating plan yesterday and I am on track for today. I didn't have time for lunch, so I had a Zone Perfect bar in the car. Those things are really tasty. Oh, and I am wearing jeans and I am not suffocating. woo hoo!
Old 02-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 235/171/150

Hallelujah for another snow day! I am so excited I have finally broken into the 220's and have gone steadily down the last three days. I was getting pretty discouraged, so this is a huge weight lifted off for me! My confidence is definitely going up. I just cross my fingers I don't stall out again. I know this weight is going to come off now, I just have to keep working at it. Yesterday I did the Biggest Loser Cardio DVD, and I think I just might do it again today.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:37 AM   #193  
Maintainer Wannabe

Happy Friday! Today I did 18 min (1.5 mi) to warm up, a Group Power class, and 30 min on the elliptical. I stayed on my eating plan yesterday and I am on track for today. I really need to be vigilant this week-end because my in-laws arrive Tuesday for a week-long visit. I have to cook big meals for them every day, plus I get stressed and angry and usually end up eating a lot when they are here. I just need to get right back on the plan once they are gone, not keep eating from stress relief. The good news is that I weighed in this morning at 150.4, a 2.6 pound loss from last week.

Have a great week-end, y'all!
Old 02-08-2008, 12:21 PM   #194  

Kelly - Woohoo! The 220's! You'll be seeing the teens before you know it. :-)

WardHog - What a fantastic week for you! 2.6 is amazing. I hope you don't get too stressed out over the in-laws visit. Just thinking about extended family visits makes my eye twitch with repressed stress.

I'm doing well today. I decided to stay away from the scale until my weigh-in on Tuesday. I also resolved to drink at least 70oz of water each day this weekend. I'm so bad about the water consumption during the weekends. I need to watch that.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:02 PM   #195  
~sexy chicka~

S/C/G: 265/185/165 5'5"

I've started regaining weight and it scares the crap out of me! I have crossed back into the big 2's ... probably around 205. Things hit the skids when I started grad school again this fall and have continued to slide - it's threatening to become an avalanche. I'm using food to cope with stress and lack of sleep again - which aggrevates my IBS, makes me lethargic, slumps by sex life and makes my butt sprout new territory.

I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. Of my thighs starting to rub more, of growing back out of my newer jeans. I'm getting married in June -- I don't have time for this. I'm getting older - I don't have energy for this. Enough is enough. I will start over again. Slowly - but I WILL.
Closed Thread