Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 12:02 AM   #181  
Losing it!

Janice, have fun! I give the two of you permission to act like love struck teenagers! Congrats (early) on the weight loss too!

Dee, I also do mens hair at the shop along with manicures. I have some men that come in every few weeks for a trim. If I have time, I also provide services for some of the staff. It's a whole different world then one would expect, moving oxygen tubes/tanks around, steering wheelchairs, lifting etc. I am also staying on plan with my eating. I am watching my portions and making healthy choices. I could probably lose quicker other ways, but this is working for me.

Shelley, the shop is working out well. Financially, I'm doing better then what I could make around here for my qualifications. The worse part is staying strict about withholding tax money etc. I can't believe the percentage I have to take right off the top for being self employed. I love doing hair, plus I get to work with the elderly and ill which I am fond of. Regardless of the money, this is the most fulfilling job I have had. After getting to know all the residents, staff and their families, it is almost like an extended family.

Suzy, our warm weather must of decided to come visit you! We are back wearing coats and jackets! Have fun in the yard!
Old 04-18-2008, 06:53 AM   #182  
Janice

Gayle - what ever works for you, look at the weight you have lost. WOW!
I use the biggest loser diet plan. They provide a menu for the day and then you can swap with other foods from the list if you don't like the choices. It is very balanced with lots to eat.
It is rewarding working with seniors. I love them old folks too.
Dee - be careful with that exercise, don't want you to hurt yourself.
We are having warm weather and the weekend is looking good. The challenge will be to try to make healthy food choices. I have been especially good the past few days knowing I will probably be eating out on the weekend.
Suzy - enjoy your day "off".
Hello and good morning to all.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:39 AM   #183  

Janice-Enjoy your time.

Gayle-It's so good to hear that you are so happy with your business and helping the seniors. Hey, I'll be a senior on my birthday (55!!)

Dee-I don't go very fast on my bike. I can't seem to get over 13 mph, no matter how hard I try. I have clipless pedals, meaning I have bike shoes that I actually snap into the pedals so that I can get a good up and down leg work. It's still not the same as running. I don't even feel like I've had much of a workout after 1.5 hrs. My legs and thighs have gotten huge from not running. That seems to be the only thing that helps keep my legs trimmer. I guess I'll just have to be happy with big legs and thighs. I'm heading out for a walk now...
Old 04-18-2008, 10:52 AM   #184  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Gayle ~ If this weather is from you then thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! It's already 65 degrees and is supposed to climb well into the 70's today! I've been outside this morning washing windows and putting in the screens. It seems so nice to have fresh air blowing through the house!

Janice ~ I do understand about eating out and all the challenges that brings. We stopped at our local diner the other night for dinner and there was nothing healthy on that menu. I ended up getting a grilled turkey and cheese sandwich, but it tasted so greasy that I could hardly eat it. 8 weeks ago I would have been able to eat that and a large order of fries and thought nothing of it. Funny how your taste changes after just a short time! I told Tim that the next time we needed a quick meal that we would be eating soup and sandwiches at home! As for planned meals out we have been going to Applebee's, TGIFriday's and other restaurants that have WW or lite meals on their menus.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:46 AM   #185  
Losing it!

Suzy, we had frost this morning! Enjoy the beautiful weather and when your tired of it, send it back to me!
Old 04-18-2008, 01:23 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning.
Just a quick check-in. Work is crazy. Life is crazy. Can't wait for June!

I'm having a laser procedure on my varicose veins on the 29th and I'm looking forward to that! Perhaps I'll be able to wear shorts again--but will have to wear a compression bandage (full leg) for 10 days afterward. I don't know if I have enough long pants to wear to cover that up! But I don't know if I want to let it show, either. And no way am I wearing sweats to work.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:32 PM   #187  
Losing it!

Allison, good luck with the procedure!!! Will insurance cover such a thing? I have the varicose veins called spider veins. They don't stick out but are just very dark in areas, mostly around my knees. Could you wear long skirts with the bandage?
Old 04-18-2008, 02:45 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Gayle~me? Wear a skirt? You must be joking!!! I usually wear capri pants or jeans to work. I only wear a skirt once or twice a year (and it has to be worth it!!). My varicose vein is really bad. It's about 12-14" long and raised and bumpy and gross. DH remarked the other day how bad it looked (which was the impetus to get me to a doctor for a consultation). Insurance will cover part of it, but I'm not sure how much.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:08 PM   #189  

Allsion all the best with the surgery. I can't imagine not wearing skirts or dresses when it is warm. I have lots of them and enjoy wearing them.

Gayle can I send my man over for a hair cut? He is about due for one. I could you a manicure too! Hey I have a question for you.....why is it that my toe nails start to fall off after I have nail polish on for more than a few weeks? Larry won't let me paint them any more.
When you got into the business did you think about the extras that you would have to do? I love seniors too! I am glad that you are enjoying it and making some money.
Healthy eatting for life is what it is all about. If you are on a diet you will have to come off of it sometimes and the weight will come back on.
I consider ww's a plan for life for me. I add points on to maintain but I still need to journal and watch what I eat.

Janice enjoy your weekend. Are you cooking most of your meals? BBQ season is great for low fat and so is fish or seafood. When you get back home you can get right back on program. That is what life is all about.
Would you believe that I have cut back on my exercise? I have always put in at least four of exercise a day til I had health problems.

Suzy I am out working in the yard too. I love it outside.
Aww a swing for the little one. You better watch out she is going to grow up too fast.

Shelley did you enjoy your quiet week at work?
Do you think that your legs have gotten bigger from the muscles of biking? When I bike alot my leg muscles get huge, I have to watch that I don't do to much biking. I have always had very muscular legs. Even in school they called me horse legs because they were so big. Guess the one good thing is that the muscle burns more calories. having large muscles also helped me out when I lost mobility of that leg. They shrunk but I still had some strength left.

Time to get back to the yard work.

I am going to see Donald Trump this weekend. He is giving a seminar on how to make money on real estate. Hmm does it sound interesting to any of you?
Old 04-19-2008, 07:37 AM   #190  

Dee-I never really thought the biking had anything to do with the huge legs and thighs. Maybe it does. I hate the fact that walking as fast as I can doesn't seem to burn as many calories as biking.

Allison-My friend at school had the vein treatments and is going for more. Her legs are looking so much better. She wore the compression sleeve with no problem. She is in her late 50's and did quite well.

Gayle-I'll send you the sunny Fl weather that is here right now.

Heading out for a bike ride to make my legs bigger
Old 04-19-2008, 10:16 AM   #191  
Losing it!

Maybe Dee & Shelley legs are not getting bigger, but their butt is getting smaller? :-)
Old 04-19-2008, 04:33 PM   #192  

Lol you are too funny Gayle! I guess you will have to come and take a look and tell me!
Old 04-19-2008, 05:00 PM   #193  
Losing it!

I would love nothing more then to able to make a trip to see you!
Old 04-20-2008, 11:03 AM   #194  

Last edited by ShelleyM; 04-20-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:45 PM   #195  
Losing it!

Dee, send Larry on over for a hair cut. while you at it, why don't you suggest it to "The Donald" he needs a new style instead of that horrible comb over. LOL! How was the seminar?
Hmmm.... Do you use a brand of polish with fermaldahyde in it? It could also be an allergic reaction. How do your fingernails do with polish on them?

I made a yummy brunch pizza today. I subbed lowfat on the ingredients when I could.

BREAKFAST PIZZA

INGREDIENTS
1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
4 eggs
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese

DIRECTIONS
Unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle. Press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Seal seams and perforations. Sprinkle with bacon, potatoes and cheddar cheese.
In a bowl, beat eggs and milk. Pour over cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are completely set.
Closed Thread