Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 08:07 AM   #166  
Losing it!

Janice, don't worry about not losing. Next week you will probably have an amazing weightloss! Are you watching Biggest Loser tonight? I forewarned my family I will be doing NOTHING other then watching the show tonight. Steve teased me and told me he wanted to watch something else. I told him fine, I would watch Ali's TV or even go stand up at Walmart in front of the TV's until the show is over. LOL!

Dee, I want to see the painting when it is finished. I know it will be beautiful! What medium are you using? I'm not sure if I can even paint anymore...it has been over 2 years since I picked up a brush. Hopefully, when things settle in, I can start taking a weekend afternoon and do something creative.

Shelley, I can't believe how well you do with biking. I bet your calf muscles are solid. Does Mike ride his bike too? Steve still wants one, but we keep having other things come up.

Suzy, were you able to get any yard work done or did you guys have rain?

Well, I need to get Ali to school, I'll check in later.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:08 PM   #167  

Janice your menu for today sounds great once again. If you have been following your program the weight will come off. It doesn't hurt to drink more water though. You might level out for a week or two and then the scale will go down. Hang in there, this is for life.
You guys are ahead of us with flowers. Hopefully by next week I will see some flowers.
It must be damp where you live if you are that close to the lake. What lake is it?

Gayle I haven't painting in a long time. I have wanted to but I just didn't have the energy. This picture is turning out ok for not painting much. I am using arcrylics. As you know when you paint 90% of the time you look at it and the other 10 % of the time you paint.....lol
Since we haven't had cable in two years my only time I watch tv is at the Y when I am on running on the treadmil or on the exercise bike. I did see a few episodes from the past and I found them very moving. Just for the record while you watch tonight use cans of soup for weights. You can get a good arm workout.
How many hours a week do you work?

I feel so blah the last few days, I don't even know why. I was planning on going downtown this morning to swim at the bigger Y pool but as you see I am still sitting here. I just don't feel like doing it. I want to crawl back into bed. I had 10 hours sleep last night. I don't know what to do.
Maybe it is because Larry won't be home for lunch this week........or because it is kinda grey out. Or maybe it is because I miss Baba and I can't even phone her. It just wasn't expected to lose our youngest mom out of the three that we have. Sheesh she was only 55. Papa has given up and isn't doing well.
I don't know......

My mom and dad are going to see my brother and his family in Ottawa tomorrow. They haven't been there since there youngest was born. He is now 17. My mom was offend the last time she was there. When she smoked they asked her to go into the basement bathroom. I totally understand where they are coming from with a new born baby and being non smokers. My mom had said to us that she would never go back again because for all that she did for them that is how they treated her. No matter how I tried to explain things as gently as possible so I wouldn't be the target of her anger, I could never get her to change her mind. She is very stuborn so she stuck to her word. Now that she quit she feels she can go because she hasn't broken her word. I am really happy that they can go. My dad wanted to drive out there last fall alone but it is just to long of a drive for him. I am glad that they can go together before it is to late. My brother and his wife are also celebrating their 25th anniversary so it is great timing.

Say a little prayer for sad Dee today.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:22 PM   #168  
Losing it!

HUGS for sad Dee today... when we lose someone we love, we never know which days will hit us the hardest. I have been at the kitchen counter, cooking and crying my eyes out, just because... a thought, word or action has prompted something to cause me to mourn openly. Did Baba like a special bush, flower? You love gardening, maybe with spring coming, you could plant a special flower in your yard and place...hmmm.. a gecko (I remember the lizard story!) or angel beside it? Think of something special she would of enjoyed and would want you to enjoy. Know and remember she is with you and smiling, knowing what a wonderful, caring person you are.
I'm glad your mom & dad are making the trip, I hope they have a fantastic time!

I work 3-4 days a week at the shop. My day goes like this:
Wake, dress, get Ali to school by 8:00.
On to the shop by 8:15/8:20
Break for the seniors to have lunch from 12:00 to 1:00, if I'm lucky, a few eat quicker and I can usually get back to work by 12:45.
If Steve is back in town for the day, he will pick Ali up and I will stay until 5:00 (when the seniors eat again) If not, I will pick her up from school at 3:00 or 4:00 depending if she has sports or not. I have 2 full days of nothing but regulars (shampoo/sets) then the other day or two is filled with perms/colors extra hair cuts etc. Those seniors keep me hopping! Of course, I usually go to the rooms to pick them up or drop them off, so I end up doing or getting myself into added activities such as helping dress, get letters ready to mail etc. :-) I told Steve if I could actually just go, do hair and have one patron after another come into the shop on their own, not stop for their meals, I could increase my load by an extra 2-3 patrons per day. I then do my own billing, which I do at home. If I get my butt in gear, I can have my billing ready to go and my end of the month paperwork finished in 1 day. This depends on how often the phone rings and how often I stop and get on the computer! LOL!
Old 04-15-2008, 02:27 PM   #169  
Losing it!

Dee, won't it be kind of messy for me tonight to be lifting two pots full of hot soup up in the air while I watch my show??? :-)
Old 04-15-2008, 03:01 PM   #170  

LMAO Gayle. I could just picture that! Thanks for the good laugh.

After I read the first paragraph of your post I sobs so hard. I have never cried that hard for Vivian before. Tears just usually rolled down my cheeks as I thought of her. I sure do miss her and I can't even share it with anybody because nobody greives. Dez and Jay are in deniel and Larry just doesn't talk much about it. He said he is sad but he doesn't cry. Lucky (Papa) is so sad and sick I don't want to make him feel worse by calling him and telling him how much I miss Viv. It is hard to beleive that it is almost four months and I am finding it really tough right now.
Thanks for the ideas. I think I will do something like that. I like the idea of having a Gecko around.
Your the Bestest!
Old 04-15-2008, 04:44 PM   #171  
Losing it!

Dee, I'm sure they are grieving too, but in a different way. Larry is probably scared to open up too much for the fear of falling apart. Why don't you go visit or call Papa? I'm sure he will be comforted instead of saddened to know you are missing her too. He probably REALLY needs someone to talk to...I have a feeling you are just the person he needs right now. Is it close to the monthly anniversary of her death? Maybe you could take him with you and do something as simple as placing some flowers at the cemetary.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:47 PM   #172  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Dee ~ I'm learning the hard way that it is important to grieve and cry. The doctor thinks that most of the physical symptoms that I am having are directly related to grief. He said that it's not the same as depression and medications won't help...I just need to let it out, so I've been working on letting the tears flow and not holding them in. It's been 6 months since my dad died and 3 months since MaryJo died...I just keep hoping that it will all get better with time.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:44 AM   #173  
Janice

Down half a pound this morning YAA!!
Menu for today
3 Coffee & Light Cream
Breakfast - 2 Blueberry pancakes with light syrup
Snack - Fibre Bar
Pineapple slices
Lunch - WW Bagel
2 tsp light margaine
Ham & Light Cheddar
Baby Carrots
Snack - Low Fat Yogurt
Raisins
Dinner - S & S pork tenderloin
Cabbage
Sweet Potato
Snack - Raspberries
Have a great OP Day everyone.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:47 AM   #174  
Janice

Suzy - my heart hurts for you. I don't know what really helps with grief other than letting yourself feel it and know that its okay to miss your loved ones. Think about them being in heaven and watching over you. I talk to my loved ones all the time and it helps me feel they are still with me. Time does help but its normal to miss them every day. Love you - Janice
Old 04-16-2008, 02:06 PM   #175  
Losing it!

Janice, congrats on the weightloss! did you watch the biggest loser last night? I think every single one of the last 4 deserved to win. I thought it was cool, Bernie won the big money.

Sometimes I sit and think how it is to lose someone we love. My dad has been gone 22 years, I still miss him, but it gets easier to cope with. Steve's dad has been gone 2 years, it seems like a long time in some ways and then in other ways, it seems like yesterday. Like janice said, I find comfort in knowing they are in heaven and guiding me as I go through this life.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:40 PM   #176  

Thanks for the support ladies. I talked to Larry last night and told him that I am really missing Viv and that I cried for her. He listened and understood. He said that he thinks and prays for Papa everyday.

Suzy I understand fully what you are going through. It is tough but I guess we all go through it. I talk to Viv all the time too and hope that she is smiling down at me.

Janice way to go, the pounds are still coming down. Thanks for posting your menu. It gives me some good ideas. I think that your menus are healthy and plenty of food.

After the gym this morning I walked down to the dentist. I had a good check up, every thing is good. I do have a tooth with a larger filling that I should have crowned. I keep putting it off because of the problems I have with anistetic. There is one that they can use but it is special ordered and doesn't freeze for long. Sometimes only about a minute before they have to give me the next needle.

Nap time, talk to you all later.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:15 AM   #177  

Dee and Suzy-Prayers to both of you. I am so scared to even think about the loss of my parents. My dad turns 85 on Sunday, my mom is 84. They both highly depend on each other. I pray when they go, they go together.

Dee-I really like Gayle's gekko idea. I still remember the story also.

Gayle-How are you doing financially with the hair business? Has it been better for you than any other job you've had? I'm sure you can still paint beautifully.

Janice-You are doing so awesome! I am very proud of you.

I am off today, so I'll be going for a long bike ride, then coming home and digging into this dirty house, trying to organize a few things. I don't know where to start! The bike ride will take about 90 min for 20 miles or so.

Last edited by ShelleyM; 04-17-2008 at 06:17 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:53 AM   #178  
Janice

Shelley - 20 miles!! I am truly amazed by you.
I was down another 1.5 pounds this morning but its not my official weigh day for another 5 days. It drives to crazy when I don't lose for my weigh in and they drop a couple of pounds two days later. Doug and I are going away to a cottage retreat for the weekend. He is turning 60, where do the years go?
Old 04-17-2008, 10:16 AM   #179  

Janice enjoy your time together. I hope that you have great weather. Wish Doug Happy birthday from another canadian chickie!
Congratulations on another 1 1/2 down. That's two pounds down this week. Remember being dissapointed that you didn't lose any?
How many menus on your program or do you chose food?

Gayle you do have a busy week with the little ladies. I am glad that you enjoy it.
Are you back on program?

Shelley go girl go! Wow I can't bike that fast. I am sure that you are in as good as shape when you could jog all those miles. It is probably a lot better for your joints too. Do you get a runners high when you bike that fast?

Allsion where are you......I can't see you!

Suzy what are you up to this week but being over worked and taking care of relatives?

This afternoon I am going to try low impact, since I hurt my back I haven't try it. I think I can do it as long as I keep it on the grown. I feel that I am not getting enough cardo.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:50 PM   #180  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

I think spring has finally sprung here! It was in the 70's today and just beautiful! I got a new baby swing for Isabelle, so we all spent the afternoon outside. I did a little raking, but it's still hard to get much done with the girls here. I have tomorrow "off", so I'm hoping to get a lot done in the yard.

Have a wonderful weekend Janice! What I wouldn't do for a weekend away right now...I'm so jealous!

Shelley and Dee, you both are doing great with all the exercise! I don't know how you do it...I struggle to find 30 minutes a day for the treadmill!
Closed Thread