Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 05:41 AM   #196  

Gayle-That sounds yummy. Too bad it's not Core friendly for me. While I'm on the subject, I still haven't lost one iota on Core yet!
Old 04-21-2008, 11:15 AM   #197  

???
Old 04-21-2008, 12:36 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Hi Cheryl! It's been a long time!! How's the baby?
Old 04-21-2008, 03:35 PM   #199  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome back Cheryl!

Gayle ~ Your breakfast pizza sounds yummy, but I'm guessing that even the low fat version has too much fat in it for my diet. I'm trying to stay at around 20 grams a day.

Dee ~ You're not kidding...these grandbabies are growing up way too fast! Isabelle is going to be a year old next month!

Allison ~ Good luck with your surgery! Tim has horrible varicose veins. He had surgery on them about 20 years ago, but they have come back even worse since then and now there's nothing more that can be done.

Janice ~ How was your weekend???
Old 04-21-2008, 04:57 PM   #200  

Poop I lost my post!

Hey there Mama Cheryl how are you feeling? I hope that you are enjoying your new little package. He has to be growing with leaps and bounds.

Suzy I can't beleive that Isabelle will be a year. Time goes by so fast.
How are you doing with your weight? It is a battle but well worth it. It is for better quality of your life and health.
You would think that after 20 years that Tim should be able to have something done to his veins. The surgery should have improved.

Gayle your breakie pizza sounds yummy. Does the hashbrowns get crispy abit or are they on the softer side?
I am not sure what was in the nail polishes. I through out the ones that made my nails fall off. One of the brands was avon, I also had the same problems at salons. My finger nails have been ok because after a couple of days I take it off because it chips.
I will let you know when Larry is in town!

Janice I hope that you had nice weather for your weekend away. It was nice and sunny hear. East of us they were getting snow. Today is a different story, it is rainy, windy and cold.

Allison what have you been up too? I am sure that you are busy at work. We just got the last of our windows dilivered today. Larry will be busy putting in the last 13 of them. He also has to metal clad them too.

We went shopping this weekend for something fun.....

http://www.tab-rv.com/tour/index.php

It is so tiny and cute. One of the reviews said that everyone want to see what it looks like that you can't sit down and relax. They even had someone follow them off the highway to look at it.
I am excited to go camping again. It has been years since we have gone. This is the only trailer that we could pull with our car. It is made with a special light weight material. It has a 10 foot add a room so it will give us some extra space. The material is moon dust and the outside isn't the funky colors it is white and grey. Larry is a lot more conservative than I am. Could you have ever guessed?

Have a good day ladies.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:42 AM   #201  

Hi Cheryl! It's so good to hear from you!

Dee-How exciting to look for a motor home! It looks beautiful.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:12 AM   #202  
Janice

WELCOME BACK CHERYL - we missed you SO MUCH!!!! I better little Jake keeps you busy.
Dee - congrats on the camping trailer. You will have a blast. It is very cute.
We had fun on the weekend. The weather was warm and sunny. The cottage had everything you could want. Hot tub, sauna, two bathrooms, etc etc. Back to reality today. I ate too much now I am getting back on track. Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:31 AM   #203  

Janice that is great to hear that you enjoyed your weekend and had the bonus of good weather. When we rent a cottage we go for all the extras like you guys did. It feels so good.
It is good to hear that you are back on track with your eatting today. That is a fact of life. We can party but when the parties over we need to settle down and watch what we eat.

Shelley it is far from a motor home in size....lol Probably about the size of your bathroom! It is tiny but cute.

I am going downtown to Ww's today. I will do my speed walk there and have a coffee at my favorite coffee shop.

What are you girls up too?
Old 04-22-2008, 04:08 PM   #204  

Jake does indeed keep me hopping! I HATED having to start back to work and leaving him at the sitter--I feel like I miss out on so much everyday. He's a handsome little man, and he grows/changes daily it seems.

I've been having gall bladder attacks--I guess as a result of pregnancy? I only gained 20 pounds while I was pregnant (started out at 282 ) and I've lost 52 since I had Jake (11 weeks ago Thursday). I want to lose 20 more and start trying for a little brother or sister for him.

I've missed you all, too. I didn't want to come here anymore for a long time because it's a "weight loss" site and I hadn't lost any weight, plus I wasn't motivated to lose at all. I really didn't feel like I belonged anymore, then when all the hoop-lah happened with them yanking "our" space and shutting me out it just cemented the feelings I had of not belonging. I still kind of feel that way , but y'all are my friends and I missed keeping up with the goings on in your lives and sharing all the fun I'm having with Jake.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:42 PM   #205  

Cheryl it is good to hear from you. Wow you have done awesome with the weight that you have lost.
I can't believe that you are ready to have another baby. Jake must be so much fun. I am glad that you are enjoying him.
Gull bladder attacks are no fun. Try to eat less fat and spice foods. That sometimes helps.

Todays trip downtown was profitable but not for me.....the stores. I bought a pair of capris, two pairs of pants, a sweater, a turtle neck and a shirt. Yikes I broke the piggy bank. Sales are just away to make you spend your money and think that you saved so much.

Larry won tickets to the hockey game tonight. That should be fun.
I just checked our messages from yesterday. Opps......there was one from the doctors office for him to call. He just had his physical. they want to run a few more tests. I hope that the doctor is just being cautious. i will let you know how it all turns out.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:54 AM   #206  
Janice

Cheryl - I understand how you feel, but you DO belong with us. We are your friends and we missed you. 52 pounds that is amazing - Congratulations!!!
Dee - sounds like you had a successful shopping trip.
Menu for today: Breakfast - Coffee, blueberry pancakes, light syrup, yogurt
Snack - Orange, cottage cheese
Lunch - Roast Beef sandwich on WW bread Light Margarine, Tomato Slices
Snack - Baby carrots, oatmeal cookie
Dinner - Mustard and Herb Baked Salmon, salad, light Italian dressing, whole wheat dinner roll,
Snack - Chocolate pudding & raspberries
Have a good day gals,
Old 04-23-2008, 09:21 AM   #207  

Great menu Janice. Can I come over and share with you?

Cheryl I second what Janice said. We are all friends here. We don't need to be losing weight to post. We are all at different stages of our lives at different times but that doesn't mean that we can't be friends. We love you no matter what weight you are and weather you are losing or not.

Just checking in before I head off to the Y. It is a sunny cool morning here. It is below freezing. Yikes my poor perenials that I uncovered. Most of them are hardy but not my lilies.

Enjoy the day!
Old 04-23-2008, 09:45 AM   #208  

Dee,

I finally got around to clicking on the T@B link. I want one!!!!! That would be so nice for me and mom and Jake to take to Branson. We could park it in the KOA campground and live it up! I need to go shopping, too, for new clothes, but for now all of my extra cash is going toward diapers and formula for the baby. Hopefully when I'm able to give him breast milk again I'll have extra money to spend on clothes!

Janice and Shelley, Thanks for the welcome back. I have to say again I REALLY did miss you all. Gayle coming back gave me the boost I needed to post here again--and now I seem to have run her off!
Old 04-23-2008, 10:58 AM   #209  
Losing it!

You could never run me off you silly goose! I can't believe the weight you have lost since having baby Stew, er...Jake. I AM VERY, VERY PROUD OF YOU! I would love a T@B too! They are the cutest things ever! I love the vintage/retro look to them! I do have concerns about the OPTIONAL port-a-potty though. So, I'm guessing when you need to use it, you pull it out of the cabinet? Is that right Dee? I'm not sure I'm so into letting company see me take a potty break!! Ha, HA!!

Janice, you are doing so well! I can't believe how motivated you are and how you are planning each days menu in advance. It's working, so keep it up!

Dee, sounds like you had a productive shopping trip! I did too... I went to our local thrift store. I'm not about to spend alot on clothing when I eventually hope to be in a smaller size. If one takes the time to examine the stuff, you can do ok. I ended up with a pair of denim capri's, 1 dress shirt, 1 casual shirt and a cute, casual pullover dress which will work great at the shop. I usually end up getting dye spots or bleach spots on my shop clothing anyways.

I hope everyone has a good day today! I'm getting ready to go grocery shopping with my car using $3.99 a gallon gas. :-)
Old 04-23-2008, 12:58 PM   #210  

Gayle your gas is cheap! We are paying $126 a liter which is $5.04 a gallon! Yikes no wonder we bought a T@B, we wouldn't be able to pull anything else, we would be broke.
I love shopping at second hand stores. I look for name brand clothing. I get great deals.
Way to go on your bargins.

Cheryl how come you aren't able to nurse? Or is that too personal of a question? Sorry if it is.
In Canada when you have a baby you get unemployment for a year. It comes out to about 66% of your wages and you don't pay tax. You also have the option of taking another year off with a guarantee that your job will still be there. Maternity/paternity leave can be shared anyway you would like it.
I can't believe that you are at work already.
Aren't the tabs great, small and compact. We camped in a VW camper van with the two kids. One bunked in the front of the seats and the other one had a bunk that when the roof popped up you could put another canvas bed up. It was great. We had a sink, and fridge, table and benches and plenty of storage. So we are use to small spaces. With the screened in kitchen we did fine. That"s why with just the two of us in the trailer and the add a room we will be fine. Just can't wait. It is being shipped here so we have a few weeks before I can start stocking it up.
Closed Thread